[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Advanced Civ

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: mos-council[1].png (306KB, 600x299px) Image search: [Google]
mos-council[1].png
306KB, 600x299px
Will we ever become an advanced civilization?

Like the advanced, spiritual, technological civilizations seen in sci-fi?

>krypton
>bill and teds future
>the old republic in star wars
>etc
>>
>>19024557
>implying we don't
>>
>>19024580
We don't.
>>
What again?
>>
>>19024630
Yea, we're pretty much fucked, unless there is some awesome groundbreaking revelation, we are nearing our limits. We are currently at the peak of our advancement, it doesn't go much further I fear.
>>
>>19024557
150 years ago we were riding around on horses. We didn't even have electricity.

Now we build spacecraft and drive cars powered by water.

Imagine what life will be like in 200 years. Protip: You can't.
>>
>>19024871
space travel is the norm now, anything under lightspeed is a no longer considered "cool". There are genetic human-animal hybrids and cyborgs/androids demanding rights and fighting for solidarity.
>>
>>19024735

We have some decent space travel as it is, and more than enough friendly aliens willing to show us how to bend gravity if we would just shape up and not be such a shitty race of beings in general. You can't let unevolved races have space travel because it would be pure shit for everyone else. Literally, there is a reason we can't have nice things. We are no where near our limit in reality. It only seems like we are peaking because we are rapidly destroying everything around us through our technologies.
>>
>>19024871
much of the advancement of the last 100 years was helped by societal changes like women's and civil rights
since those changes have already occurred we can't create another catalyst like that and most experts think our advancement rate will slow down significantly

i mean aside from making what we already have faster, smaller, better what big advancements have we had in the last 10-20 years ?
>>
>>19024557
>Will we ever become an advanced civilization?

Remove fats and non-whites from America and you'll have a moon base along with a mass driver to go with it within a decade.
>>
>>19024956
Cell phones
Wi-fi
3G
Social Media
Spinners
>>
File: j2Xzrry.png (560KB, 650x626px) Image search: [Google]
j2Xzrry.png
560KB, 650x626px
nope. civilisation will fall, as it always has, and we will become barbarians, one with nature again.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-05-14-01-42-41.png (130KB, 480x800px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-05-14-01-42-41.png
130KB, 480x800px
ITT: Advanced means cool science tricks.

We are not advanced and never will be because we still can't agree on even a basic concept of reality, though maybe we are starting to get there.
>>
>>19024557

>White man invents stuff
>Technological progress skyrockets
>Subhumans move in en masse
>White man is bred out of existence
>Subhumans are too dumb to advance technology
>Progress rate reverts to subhuman standards
>Chinese will advance, unless they've become too used to straling tech instead of innovating and inventing like their ancestors did

So I guess it depends on the "we", and even technology might revert to earlier eras due to the negroislamic population that will inherit the West being too stupid to pass received knowledge on to younger generations effectively.
>>
Dynasties are inherited be sure to consider children so happiness could stay understood
>>
>>19024557
When we go type 1.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kardashev_scale?wprov=sfla1
At that point, we'll have enough free energy to solve earth's major problems (famine, war, disease, etc).
>>
>>19024903
That's the breakthrough I was talking about, however, biggest advance is probably shrinking our hardware (chips and shit) and we are nearing the limit of how small can it be. And I read that if this happens that's about it for our advancement.
>>19024871
Well yeah, that's what everyone thought, but we were supposed to be already far more advanced than we are now. Also read my comment on this matter.
>>
>>19024557

>>>>>bill & teds future

this is all i want desu
>>
Find a unified physics model and we are one (but big) step closer to manipulating the universe as we want
>>
File: tumblr_mp94bxdT0j1qzl05no1_500.jpg (126KB, 486x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mp94bxdT0j1qzl05no1_500.jpg
126KB, 486x750px
>>19026424
same

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upWj-RrKnIQ
>>
>>19024557
yes and no. there is a new cold war. its been going on for a few decades. its biological weapon based. advances are in leaps and bounds but few and far between. most of the time nobody makes anything of merit and thinks they have something that can wipe out humanity... or a specific race

theres a few funny incidents like the neo nazis in argentina (who have blood relations to actual SS members since thats where the red cross dropped them off at the end of WW2) released something that was suppose to affect every one but whites... only to find that they didnt understand how viruses target specific genes and how viruses will make due with a similar gene to the one its suppose to target., long story short south america is fucked

i am of aunique genetic back ground and am a chimera. i can survive a few nasty things a few countries have made. the brits really outdid themselves but sadly their best project was discovered and now a vaccine was made. truely awe inspiring to make a disease which looks like a genetic disorder which had never been discovered and mimics the production of a protein that the body makes when infected with aids. to bad it doesnt actually make the immune system weak it just makes the body p[roduce a protein found in a body infected with aids. so false positives on aids test are all you get but it was the key to a new series of advancements in asia
>>
>>19025158
white man should have never invented the great civilization destroyer that is womens rights
>>
>>19024557
The intergalactic hegemony exists. You are naive in statistics if you think it doesnt.

We are in quarantine, confined like rats because we are so mean to each other.
>>
>>19024557
Yes. But with caveats.

Mankind either needs to:
1. Unite past our differences, recognizing that all men are different, both genetically and socially, and differences should be celebrated and embraced, not mixed together under a false form of "sameness."
2. Being a fourth world war. The Third will see the launch of Nuclear Weapons. Those will destroy old national borders. The following War will see the rulers decided. After that travesty, mankind will work on new, better ways to kill each other. Mankind has always advanced technology fastest in the search of murdering each other faster.
>>
>>19024892
This is true.
Mericans are not technologically superior to the breakaway civilizations like Nazis of a World War II.
And friendly humans are willing to show gravity technology.
>>19026765
I tend to think we just don't have the interplanetary vehicles mass produced. So...we are just stuck at Earth while others won't come to us because the difference of quality of life is so great.
>>
>>19026841
I wish that were the case. Unfortunately, we are in terrible shape, and are not a civilization that anyone would want on their planets/vehicles.

We must be purified souls because we can be accepted.
>>
Spiritual Advancement is required for Advanced Civilizations otherwise enjoy your LGBT Transhumanist dophamine shortaged Dystopia.
>>
>>19024871
In 200 years life will be being a bug amongst billion in your local hive city working 20 hours a day for your daily ration of soylent. There will be no further technological advancement that's not directed towards that exact future.
>>
File: IMG_1144.jpg (32KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1144.jpg
32KB, 480x360px
Does this have to happen first ?
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.