[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tapas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

File: dis nigga cant lie down.jpg (43KB, 378x515px) Image search: [Google]
dis nigga cant lie down.jpg
43KB, 378x515px
He cannot lie down! Look at him. He is performing tapas, which is a foreign word meaning penance.

Penance is often seen in various religions, however none have done it down to a science the way the Hindus have.

You see, by doing terrible things to yourself, you may be able to gain specific abilities. No pain, no gain, am I right?

This usually starts with meditation, but it can include strenuous exercise.

Then there are forms which incorporate actual pain.

And then things get abstract, for there may be techniques in existence that can actually cause you so much discomfort and/or exercise that you achieve magical abilities.

So what I want to ask you now is, do you have any rare exercises or pain sports that you would like to share which impart supernatural powers?
>>
Everyone from the sub continent is human garbage...

/thread
>>
what about this chinese man, he is also brown but in a different way. what do you say to that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vnq-nNGvRe8
>>
>>19024149
But really what I'm interested in are not the powers themselves but the techniques used to get them.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170518-020555.png (293KB, 1440x2960px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170518-020555.png
293KB, 1440x2960px
What an absolute fucking moron
>>
>>19024118
>No pain, no gain, am I right?
Not really. Just open your eyes and see. The need for pain is an illusion. Effort, yes, but not stupid effort.
>>
>>19024172
I fully understand what you are saying and would like you to elaborate
>>
>>19024176
but actually, perhaps elaborate on what you do
>>
He could lie back with the metal resting at a 90 degree angle from where the floor and wall connect.
>>
>>19024123
>/thread-ing yourself
>>
>>19024172
You know how everyone says that you have to see it for yourself and you can't be told? It all sounds like mysticism, but it's literal. Problem is, if you have to explain it, you have to use metaphors, and people interpret those and fight over what they mean forever, but if you actually see what all the fuss is about, there are no further explanations needed, you can make it out for yourself, according to your ability.

Alright, enough intro.

It's a simple problem of what you focus your eyes on. If you look at a nearby object, you'll see the background blurred and vice-versa. But when you look at something, you're unaware that you're looking through the 'empty' space in front of it.

We're not living in an empty space. We exist in a sort of transparent fluid that flows and bends, and it's very difficult to become aware of its existence. This fluid ripples around objects, especially living beings (what some call energy fields, I guess) and there it's the easiest to notice. If you do see it, reality becomes easier to 'get'. Thoughts also create ripples, so a lot of thoughts will make you agitated, and shift your focus away, like a TV running behind someone who's talking to you.

Breathing rythmically can calm you down, a merit of hatha yoga, but trying to master the breathing itself won't really help you.

I talked about sight, but this applies to all your senses. I'll return with a few drawings that will hopefully explain this better.

Becoming aware of the existance of this medium we both live in and are part of is the first and only necessary step in freeing yourself. What you do afterwards is entirely up to you.

That guy torturing himself in the image is just fucking himself up more because he likes it or he thinks it'll help, for whatever reason.
>>
>>19024118
-You could try doing a 20 mile hike in the sun.
Carry as little water as possible. You will be regretting having shoes, or anything you are carrying. Bonus points for desert environments.
-try climbing mountains with a lot of weight on your back, or climbing mountains in general.
-holding uncomfortably positions, like sitting cross legged, horse position, standing upright, etc. For hours on end, while trying to keep focus on more meaningful things in your life.
-not eating for a few days and/or not drinking water. Do not combine this with work or arduous exercise, you will suffer organ failure.
- avoid sleep, avoid comfort, sit and sleep on the floor, suffer heat, suffer cold. You will understand your body better.
Also once you get back into working on magick,
Let me tell you that cigarettes and alcohol are catalysts. I would say drugs, but loss of control, money and eventual addiction will corrupt you.These steps give you an aura or change your being into one that does not give a fuck if you are dead or alive. This allows you to make spellwork easier on you, because you begin to breach a hole between the physical and spiritual world, through yourself. Some people also self-flagellate, mutilate or cut themselves(bed of nails, hot coals, burning oil, tongue and cheek piercing, hook insertions), but that's too extreme. If you understand the concept you should be able to do this without that.

>>19024123
funny, they think the same thing about you.
>>
>>19024176
>>19024297
Ups, meant to reply to this guy, not myself.
>>
>>19024118
>a foreign word
Wasn't aware "foreign" was a language
>>
>>19024301
What's up with cigarettes.

They do have some low psychedelic effect, but they also fuck up your body.

Drugs are a lot better if you know how to stabilize yourself.
>>
>>19024351
>does not give a fuck if you are dead or alive

from personal experience. you can completely waste the toxic effect by healing and detoxing during or after smoking.
Kind of like cheating the system :3
In the end it's the intention that counts.
>>
>>19024118
They are training their will. They just over do it like crazy retards. Basically what the Buddha said lol.
>>
>>19024369
Yeah, that's true. I've noticed that sometimes these 'bad' substances can catalyze into really good experiences.

But if you hate it and you do it, it'll fuck you up.
>>
File: Untitled-3.jpg (108KB, 600x724px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-3.jpg
108KB, 600x724px
>>19024297
This is a really shitty rendition of what I mean. The circle is the object you usually see, but the space is also visible if you're not looking through it.

Around living bodies, it looks like viscous electric waterflows flowing in all directions around it.

If you want to see it, make a diamond shape out of your index fingers and thumbs and stare at the space between them. Make sure there's a light colored flat background behind your hands, it'll make it easier.

Don't try to imagine anything there, just look at that space, it will appear like the membrane of a soap bubble before you blow in it. After that, you should be able to see it around your individual fingers as well, and how the flow from one finger interacts with the flow from another.
>>
>>19024161
>the shit
>>
>>19024455

Interesting. Is this the same as aether, prana, azoth etc?
>>
>>19024550
The reason they can't find the ether is because light IS the ether, everything is made of waves
>>
>>19024118
POO IN LOO
O
O

I
N

L
O
O
>>
stoicism was a mistake
>>
>>19024123
/pol/. Hardcore brain rinse.
>>
>>19024118
I LOVE the Greek Penance Platter
>>
>>19024297
>trying to master the breathing itself won't help you
~t. someone who has never heard nor tried pranayama
>>
>>19024301
>alcohol
Really, I have found my consumption of alcohol to hinder my magic practices, when consumed to excess (which is frequent)
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (288KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
288KB, 1920x1080px
>>19024297
>>19024455
Thank you for these fascinating, thoughtful and detailed responses. This is exactly the type of thing I was looking for. I am familiar with the concept you are talking about, but I appreciate you sharing your personal practical experience. Finger window thing was really interesting. So once you get to see it, how far can you go with it?

>>19024301
Thank you for this also, I note that we have one response advocating advancing through awareness, and one through traditional, overt penance.

Would you two like to step into the wizard arena?
>>
File: IMG_1002.jpg (44KB, 549x268px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1002.jpg
44KB, 549x268px
>please friend me
>>
>>19025287
Mockery would end badly, as cool as it may sound, these things are subtle.
>>
>>19024118
tapas means lids in spanish lol
there's a song about them in my country, it goes "give me the pot lids, please, my dear, give me the pot lids, my love"
>>
>>19024118
>So what I want to ask you now is, do you have any rare exercises or pain sports that you would like to share which impart supernatural powers?
emotional pain causes electromagnetic field to fluctuate around me sometimes.
>>
>>19027064
>mockery would end badly
are you trying to wizard fight me
>>
File: 509.gif (761KB, 300x224px) Image search: [Google]
509.gif
761KB, 300x224px
>>19024118
>a foreign word
How educational of you.
>>
>>19024660
You would be wrong on that account. Pranayama is the real deal, but unless you see what you're working with, you might just waste your time on it.
Here's the thing: you instinctively know how to do pranayama if you are aware of the basics. And you will do it much better instinctively than by following some rigurous methods.
Sight is the easiest for me, another sense might work better for other people. What I said is meant to give a starting point in understanding, at least in the way I see it.

>>19025287
The guy asked, I answered. I'm glad you read my post, you can do what you will with the info.
>>
>god is so loving he wants you to feel excruciating pain for him :D

So when are you realizing about the demiurge and stuff?
>>
>>19028441
You create these thoughts and need for pain yourself. Demiurge or whatever is out there can only show them to you and you choose (although the illusion can be really convincing).
>>
>>19024455
>light coloured flat background
This is how you create optic effects that makes you see little shiny dots that aren't there
>>
>>19028719
It's not that. Those dots are there regardless.

As I said, it looks like a viscous watery lightning running out of your hands, it interacts with the streams that run from other fingers and you can feel them on your skin as heat.
They're not hallucinations either, because they're stable. As long as you're looking for them, they're there.
>>
>>19028728
interesting.
>>
>>19024118
No supernatural abilities but I have a extremely high pain tolerance, great immune system and like an 18 resilience.

My friend who is a personal trainer always says to do exercises that constitute motions you do in everyday life. I think the take-away from that is to have an end goal in mind. Not a set number or anything but the "I will be better" attitude.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.