[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Antique Picture

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3971.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3971.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
I was given this by a relative because I collect antique photos. Ever since it's been in our home, everyone has had a bad feeling about it. My dog barks at it anytime he's in the room with it.

My son (3 at the time) told us the guys name is Joseph (we do not know a Joseph) and that he and his family were very poor and they died of starvation during the winter.

My husband has always hated it so I finally gave in and told him to take it to the garage until garbage day. When I came time to throw it out, my husband for some reason saved it and kept it in the garage.

Then finally last week, he decided he was throwing it out and while on the phone with me (I was out of town), he walked it to the end of the driveway and left it with the garbage.

Well today I sent my husband downstairs to get a small chalkboard to take my sons end of the year school picture. I told him it was behind the door in our laundry room. I heard him yell "What the hell!" He came upstairs with the chalkboard and proceeded to tell me Joseph's picture is back and behind the door in our laundry room just hanging out there.

My husband swears up and down that he 100% threw the picture away and that was that. Now a week later it's back in my house and hidden behind a door in my laundry room.

Tonight is garbage night again so I watched my husband walk it to the garbage and throw it on the pile. Let's see if Joseph comes back. What could this be? Is the picture haunted? How the hell did it get back into my house? I have so many questions but don't know where to turn so I figured I would try here. I find it weird that I've always been attached to it and at one point my husband who hated it felt that he couldn't part with it. I felt bad tonight watching him take it out.
>>
>came back

Burn it?
>>
>>19023570
I'd just hang onto it. Put it in a closet or something. It's not like it would take up that much room and clearly getting rid of it isn't what it wants. Why invite trouble? Put it in the attic or something and don't worry about it.
>>
>>19023570
If you absolutely have to get rid of it, dump ammonia mixed with salt onto the painting. Ammonia by itself will fuck the picture up beyond all recognition, the salt is just there to dispel any spooky shit that might be going on.
>>
>>19023570
I'd DEFINATELY hang onto it

It might not be the person in the picture who wants it saved. It might be someone who loved him and that's their only memory.

Like the other guy said just put it in the attic or something.
>>
>>19023916
oh so now its going to look like the fucking tales of the crypt dude. wise idea man. haha
now they will really want to get rid of it.

also salt? not even blessed salt? yeah sure we need to balance josephs ph fo sho
>>
your husband may be having a laugh.

still, ask your relative who this guy was. he may be a distant relative of yours, in which case keep the photo and try to find out what's going on with that family story if you are so inclined.

keep us posted anon!
>>
OP again. I unfortunately cannot hang on to Joseph. My husband took him out last night for garbage night. I'm curious to see if we find him back in the house.

I couldn't get much info on him. My Aunt found him in a house my family owned. It was there as long as anyone could remember. It used to be a very prominent family that lived there. She said that the house had blackened walls from burning wood in the house. My picture had a black film still on it. The back was starting to tear and it was covered with soot inside when I looked. No one knows who he is or what his name is. I just know what my son randomly said one day about him. He will forever be Joseph to our family.
>>
Picture is from the 1910s judging by his facial hair. Very few men were shaved before 1910. His age is between 15 and 22. Looks like a sharp guy. I had a reallllly old picture of relatives had I known from the same era on my wall and it freaked my girlfriend at the time out. It's just a culture clash from different eras. Your husband is also fucking with you for giggles. When i was a kid I made up morbid storys all the time. Kids watch tv and overhear their parents talking about buring a ghost picture to death, kids come up with stuff.
>>
>>19023570
>Poor fella dies of starvation
>Winter
>somehow trapped in photograph
>finally makes friend, young boy
>starts cheering up
>'Oh honey, throw him out'
>>
>>19024254
OG are you "the" OG. Like, the yoga poster in /omg/?
>>
>>19024718
nope.png
just part of my name
>>
>picture levitated from garbage to house
>picture walked from garbage to house
>picture teleported from garbage to house
>picture was carried by a person from garbage to house

Which one of these possibilities seems least ridiculous?
>>
timestamped picture or gtfo out
>>
>>19023570
you guys are assholes
keep the fucking picture of the guy
>>
>>19026311
Agreed.
> Had a picture of a relative who committed suicide in my house as a kid. >Mom took it down because the frame was ugly and never got around to getting a new one
> bout one month later shit goes weird
>can't sleep, weird sounds, dreams, feel watched
>get a call from a random old wiccan lady from across town
>"Mamanon, I've been trying to find you. Someone has been coming to me in dreams for a month."
>"He's a tall skinny man who keeps talking about a picture."
> mom proceeds to tactically crap pants and puts the picture right tf back up.
>we moved 2 times since and that photo has been up somewhere in each house.
> moved out 3 years ago and still get goosebumps when I walk past that picture when I visit
>>
>>19026385
Edit. Picture was in my house. Suicide was not, I just thought I would make that clear. He was exceptionally close with my mom, they had a sort of spooky psychic connection to the point where she called the police while she was at work when he died because, and to quote her, she "just knew something was wrong, like bad wrong."
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.