[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Disturbed Dream

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

So I'm now tired, in a pretty awful mood, and have a story worth posting to /x/ for the first time, so I figured I'd make a thread here.

I tend to have dreams relatively frequently, not an abnormal thing for me, but rarely are they lucid.

I've had two exceptions to this so far.

The first is someone I call my "dream-friend.".
She(?)'s pretty cool, and someone I see every few years. We talk, generally at a cafe, I let her know what's going on with my life (though funnily enough I know fairly little about hers) and about every 2 to 4 years she comes to chat again.

I'm not the religious type but the visits are also nice and make me feel better, so... I pretty much just don't question it on her part.

I'm not here about those dreams.
I'm here about the reason I woke up fifteen minutes ago in a cold sweat.

It started when I was about seven years old:

A dream involving a super nintendo and a derpy looking game with chalk drawings over a black canvas that, now that I think back, I don't think the SNES could have done.

The very first time, I was aware of the rules before I played it, though they've changed slightly since then.

The rules were simple:
#1 of 3: start the game

The games in question were generally a puzzle or something simple like that. still are. Don't recall the specific details of this part from tonight, but I think I was doing some sort of digging puzzle? I don't know, the details of that are always the first thing for my brain to discard.

maybe it's so we can't share answers.

#2: if you win, you add three years to your lifespan.

This rule, noticeably, has changed over the years. The first time I played, it was 3. At one point, I think I was offered 10 after the first play.
most of the time it's just 1. still a lot of time.
As I am someone who's a little afraid of that whole death thing and such, It's still pretty tempting. Not exactly worth the second rule, of course,

If you lose, you die.
>>
so, mistakes in OP, sorry:

I counted "play the game" as the first rule for some reason.

in reality, I wasn't counting it when I said there were 3 rules, initially.
I'm halfway to a panic attack at the moment and writing while I have the memory to, so I'm probably going to correct myself a few times. Sorry.

where was I?

Ah yes, the game has 3 rules.
The first 2 are pretty much a good reason not to play the game.

If you win, you gain a tiny bit of lifespan.
If you lose, you die.

The kicker is the third rule:

"first play's free.".

This rule is the most ambiguous, and makes my forced plays a little less nerve-wracking, but not by much.
The first 2? I've got a good grasp on what the fuck's going on.

3? No fucking clue what that means

I don't know if it counts first play that dream, or ever.
Was it the first time I played at seven?
Does it count per dream?
Does it mean "if you lose first try, you don't die?"

Or... is there some other sick price for the opportunity to gamble for your lifespan?

I've got no fucking clue, and that's probably the thing that bugs me most.

Rule 3 fucking sucks.Not as much as 2 though.

That's right, I mentioned "forced plays" earlier.

The first time I played this? I knew what the fuck I was doing going in. Well, as much as a seven year old knows fuck all at least.

Since then?
Every time I'm offered the game I am forced to play it. it starts off in front of me and I just blindly start without thinking about it. every damn time.

It's not until after the first play I become fully lucid and able to understand what I'm in for.

What I actually play? Completely differs. Most of the time it's a puzzle game in the end though. I've had old-style cups along with new-style vidya games offered to me. chalk drawing seems to be a common theme, though fuck if I know why.

Most recently, it was a laptop. It was a pretty shit one too, if I recall correctly. had to play with a trackpad.
>>
This dream doesn't exactly go any different, for the most part, at least for me, at least after the first time.

Play a stupid puzzle game - which, thankfully, are generally pretty easy. I was confused about this at first, but honestly? it makes perfect sense. First play's free, right? So why not make it easy, then. Free 2 play games do that all the time too - they give you something super easy and fun to get you to pay in.

God, I hope I never find out what I have to do to "pay in.".

anyways, I play the game, i hear the "doot doot doot!" or get some confetti on the win, and i'm returned to lucidity, and I understand the nature of the game I'm playing.

now, I said everything's the same, but I will admit there's been one thing that's gotten worse every time and it's the reason I never wanna have this dream again?

I can FEEL something there.

At first, it was a passive, quiet presence. Watching me play the game. I knew it was there, and it was creepy, but that's all.

Every time I play, though, it feels a little closer. a little more malevolent. A little bit more "solid".

At first, it was just like being watched on a surveillance camera and knowing about it - you're aware, but it doesn't exactly bug you that much.
It's gotten progressively closer, and now, eight years after my last dream, turns out it's not about frequency at all?
Felt like the fucker was looking over my shoulder.
And he wasn't happy.

Still, I doubt playing the game's gonna help any on that front.

So I guess I can talk about that - the being running this - even if I don't know much about him.

You feel his presence. you know he's there. this time, he left me a box of chocolates entitled "for you.".

Eating them appeared to keep him satisfied enough to... I don't know?

What his power is I'm uncertain, and I certainly didn't do much empirical digging, but I'm aware of the fact he runs whatever this is - even if he's just some psychotic figment of my imagination - and he wants me to play.
>>
>>19020758

Ask her about her life you literal dream beta.
>>
so, while posting this, first look through my images, see a goatman picture where a goatman picture doesn't belong. Do think this is paranoia, but hey, if you wanna use this as an idea of what he might look like, go nuts:

https://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/cryptidz/images/1/1f/Satyr.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/316?cb=20131110134033

Shit fucking scared me on first glance though. I'm sure he had a reason to be on the PC - I run DnD. Stuff like this isn't abnormal. fuck, it's a picture off the front page of google images.

Still, didn't change the fact I deleted that image soon as I saw it in a main folder instead of the niche it's supposed to be banished to. Fuck. that. shit.

so I was in the middle of tlaking about the guy, but there's not much to say about him other than that. I can sort of "feel" that he wants me to do things, even though I can't see or hear him. I don't even know if he's something solid - he's already a dream thing, so why would he be?

maybe he wouldn't like me posting this story.
Fuck him. I'm getting something good out of these miniature heart attacks, even if it's just a good little yarn to spin.

Like I said, I've had this dream since I was 7. If I was to tally up the years I've won, I'd say... 15 to 20? I didn't keep track as a kid. They came infrequently, but... frequently enough.

I don't think he likes that. I don't think he likes that I leave the table so early.

once you win the first game, you can feel the horrifying aura of the game that's in front of you - even ignoring the actual death thing, you just know that this fucking game is not natural. I don't know what years I won off it, but honestly - if I could sell them for peace of mind, I probably would. this thing is an unnatural blight on the world and the evil emanating from it almost physically hurts.

but it's also tempting from a certain standpoint.
I started playing at 7.
I'm now 23.
I have earned more years than I've played.
>>
...Yeah, I'ma do that. I got no good reason not to have 'till now.
Who knows, maybe she's the awful entity's daughter? This'd be a lot less scary if stuff sounded like awful fanfic.
>>
>>19020758
It's obvious. Your not afraid of death but you're scared to death of aging and growing old. You think life is a game that you know the rules to and have control of, but deep down you know it's a ruse and you don't have any control.
>>
so, I guess I got one more post of random things to note:

Shit's fucking getting closer everytime.
I'm not sure what random demon does if he gets really pissed at my reluctance to play the game, or if he just wants me to think something happens, but you know... I don't want to find out? Some part of me feels like offering some of it back, but honestly? I don't trust him to make that transaction. Besides, I may as well get some extra years for the torture I get.

Who knows, though? maybe I wasn't meant to live past seven. Maybe the years I earned are all I get. Maybe it's death sitting behind me and it's getting closer not because I keep winning, but because I'm almost out of extra years earned and he fucking knows it.

there's a lot I still don't know about how this game works, but I'll share the last bit of info I do know, written on a slip of paper once:

You can ask for a different game, if you don't like the rules. You just have to be willing to play it once after asking for it.

Written on a slip of paper next to the laptop.
Not sure if that's an offer I'm willing to take - I don't know if it'd be worth it win or lose. Starting to feel like I'm running out of options.

This last visit was after an eight year break, though, so I wonder what changed? Frankly, I'd hoped never to see the awful thing again.

If anyone else has had this experience, I hope this info was helpful.

The only advice I can give is that I'm reasonably certain the reason I'm forced to play afterwards is that I was willing to play the first time. In other words, if you're given the chance to play, it' s probably easiest just... not to take it.

But I'm sure that's not going to stop a lot of people from playing.

Well, it's your life, so if you feel like gambling for a year here and there, who am I to stop you?

I'm tired, so I'm going to sit here and answer comments, then go to bed.

Hopefully, I didn't break some unwritten rule talking about this. Hoping a lot of things right now
>>
>>19020818

This is Beelzebub.

Yes, very evil my dear!

Is it a puzzle? Like... a maze?!

Talkin to the rap inventor.

Babbies first pimpin.
>>
so just a quick note to end things off:
No, I don't necessarily believe in otherworldly things.
Frankly I don't think that'd matter at this point. If I lose I'll be stressed enough to have a heart attack anyway by now.

I am posting this because regardless it's still a story worth telling and if people have insight I may as well hear it.

I ain't excluding the possibility mageeyk is real either, but just noting.
>>
>>19020858

It is your future self guarding your child.

Maybe even you being your own parent to raise yourself.

This happens on new seeding missions.

...or whatever...
>>
>>19020868
>Beelzebub.
generally, they tend towards being mazes.
Sometimes it's a little more esoteric.
Don't remember the rules, but there was a cup game I encountered at 9 where I had to stack them in a certain order, but hell if I know the exacts at this point.
>>
>>19020872

The puzzle you see is nutrition, being a righteous warrior and surviving this world...

Are you recently vegan? Are you lacking B12?

Either way, doctors aren't ALL bad...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKmm0xCD8KE
>>
>>19020881

What kind of order?!

Color? Weight?!

I'm very fond of chalkboard games.

Like Einstein math!

Do you understand?
>>
>>19020887
well, fuck, guess it was nutrition all along.
Thanks Satan.
>>
>>19020877
He's not gambling for years he's gambling on his soul.
>>
>>19020892

Brown cups.
Which was weird at the time, because the games followed pretty black and white color schemes till then.
They were... all about a pound, I think? sorta was over half my life back and my memory's shit.
>>
>>19020900

What was the distinguishing method for which ones went on top?
>>
>>19020902
couldn't tell you at this point. those sorts of details leave me almost instantly. I'm not sure if this is some weird part of the game or just me being fucking retarded, but given I remember everything else relatively well, I'm guessing the former.
>>
File: Baphomet-by-Levi[1].jpg (190KB, 760x1152px) Image search: [Google]
Baphomet-by-Levi[1].jpg
190KB, 760x1152px
>>19020758
I lucid dream often.
Just live your life, and explore the dream realm and enjoy it. Be prosperous and enjoy life.
>>
>>19020758

If he offers you a way to cheat, don't do it.
>>
>>19020758

did u play mr bones wild ride?
>>
>>19020758

If you found me in real life, I'd teach you how to pass the Buddhist test...

...if you found me in real life... you would have already passed long ago...
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.