[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/x/ spook guide

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 1480217199638.jpg (19KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1480217199638.jpg
19KB, 400x400px
Hey guys, I had a good idea for a thread.
>let's make an infographic/screencap/archive of all the types of paranormal things we know of, how to identify them, and how to deal with them.

I will try to be as informative and correct as possible and I will post with the following format where applicable:

>name and type of creature or phenomenon

>threat/danger level

>how to identify

>how to deal with or respond/known weaknesses

That said, I'd like to start somewhere familiar to /x/ so I'll start with the different types of skinwalkers/fleshgaits/bodysnatchers.
Feel free to add to my guides as I am not intimately familiar with every paranormal thing. (Also posting from mobile so I hope the format looks alright)
>>
>>19020754
Oops, had to refresh the page and the name changed back to test, oh well.

I'll start with a clarification.
>name: Skinwalker (the Indian kind)

>threat: 1.5/5

>how to identify: skinwalkers are something to the effect of native American shamans that have the ability to change into various animals, ad reported by anon they have been seen as various kinds of wolves, and also as deer. They pretty much just do normal animal stuff most of the time and as such are basically only as dangerous as a normal wild animal of the same kind.

>how to deal with: pretty much the same as a wild animal, just shoot it or something. Supposedly if you want to guarantee a kill you can find out who it is and just call them by name while in animal form, I have also heard a story about them leaving their human guts in random places and it also kills them if you hide their guts
>>
>>19020772
>fleshgait/bodysnatcher (the generic kind)

>2/5

>they are sometimes seen as pale skinned and relatively featureless humanoids, they are ambush predators that like to lure unsuspecting people into the woods and pretty much kill and eat them/take their form and repeat the process. Most of the time they're reported to be able to attempt to mimic human speech and (if posing as a human) social interaction, but not well.

>basically just don't follow them into the forest or secluded locations, and if you have to fight them they are supposedly strong but sluggish and are pretty hard to kill. To kill one, knock it out or incapacitate it, and decapitate it then burn the corpse. Make very sure to gather the ashes of its burnt corpse also as they make it much easier to kill more as they are extremely weak to anything coated with the ashes of their kind.
(I have also heard that you can use some other kind of ash but I do not remember what kind)
>>
>>19020788
>fleshgait/bodysnatcher (the black dog/wolf kind)

>3/5

>basically a large canine or similar that is capable of reproducing human speech much better than the standard fleshgait, and much faster as well. It lures people into the woods with the sound of people calling for help, then attacks.

>same as above, don't fall for the calls from the woods. If you do and encounter this type without any weapons then cut and run as fast as you can out of the woods, there are a few greentexts out there of people who encountered this type and got away so as long as you can run fast you're probably okay. No reported weaknesses, I recommend headshots with high caliber firearms.
>>
>>19020801
>fleshgait/bodysnatcher (the bird kind)

>2.5/5

>no reports of any appearance before posing as a human, assumed to be similar to basic fleshgaits in hunting habits. Really enjoys eating raw or bloody meats, has very sharp teeth.

>SSDD, don't fall for it trying to trick you into the woods. It's main weakness is gold, when it ingest or touches gold the creatures form starts to shift from human, skin becomes feathery and whatnot. To test if you have one of these just sprinkle a bit of gold flakes or gold leaf into a rare steak and offer it to them.
(Also guys I forgot to add this earlier but you can tell someone who is actually a fleshgait by their eyes, they will be more yellow and will reflect light in the dark like a cats eyes almost)
>>
>>19020812
>fleshgait/bodysnatcher (the tanuki kind aka the imposter)

>0.5-1/5

>these ones mostly just take the form of a person and sneak into groups to freak people out and mess with them, I haven't seen any stories of them doing real harm but never let your guard down.

>basically just ignore them and stay together as a group, obviously don't follow them into the woods. And do headcount by name. These guys are really sneaky so I guess it would be a bad idea to piss them off and I haven't heard of anyone fighting one.
>>
When i was kid, i heard voices from the forest calling my name. Smooth voices chanting aaaaaanooooooon.. aaaaaaanoooon.. i got the strong urge to go but it was too scary.

Otherwise i spent my time running in the woods and loved it, good times.
>>
>>19020827
>fleshgait/bodysnatcher (the big angry kind)

>4/5

>these are the extra spooky ones, they're the ones that can smash trees and do the loud bellowing screeches that will make you release your bowels, some have reported them looking like a Silverback gorilla's big angry paranormal brother. These ones isolate people and (somehow) forcefully take people's skin, most likely killing them in the process, the key characteristics of these are the badly scraped skin, odd behaviour, and discarded torn and bloody clothing.

>if you suspect you are dealing with one of these, GET TO CIVILIZATION ASAP. Don't even try to kill or fight it, it's big, it's angry, and you're dinner. No known weaknesses.

(Also, I'm not entirely sure which specific type produces the rotten/copper smell, or if they all do to some extent. I think the latter is most likely.)
>>
>>19020842
If you physically saw someone calling out to you, it was likely the basic kind. But if not I'd say a big hungry paranormal wolf thing was waiting in a bush for some tasty anon-cake.
>Thanks for the bump
>>
Kek/keke
Ancient Meme god, the hidden one, bringer in of light

Ammit
Ancient god/demon of judgment also known as "the devourer"and "soul eater"
New roll: godess of justice

Reitia Italian godess of literature and fertility
Among other things

These are some of the entities we have encounter over on 4chans sister site

Many people have tails of dreaning about them, even before they new about them so ill leave it to the op to start investigating each of them theres a lot of info available so it should be easy to find out stuff
>>
>>19020754
black people are dangerous and spooky and if you see them just call the cops or play the sound of a police siren on your phone
>>
>>19020851
Starting to branch out of skinwalkers/fleshgaits/bodysnatchers, but I'm nowhere near done.

>the goat men

>3/5

>usually included in skinwalker/fleshgait threads but different in that they don't take over anyone's bodies but do mostly everything else. They look kinda like a fawn from Narnia but bigger, scarier, and stinkier. Not great at, but can still imitate speech, also they do some kinda creepy silent laugh thing.

>same as above, don't follow them into the woods, and get into shelter. They love to mess with people, but unlike the tanuki fleshgaits, they have actually hurt people and damaged property on occasion. No reported weaknesses, but there's a screencap of some anon in Alaska or something that fended one off with his trusty mosin.
>>
>>19020879
Those are deities, they are neither paranormal phenomenon nor creatures to be encountered.
>Also you suck at spelling.
>>19020886
Kek

Damn these captchas are getting ridiculous
>>
>>19020906
Im on my phone sue me
And givin the state of things i thought they should be in the guide since they have a perceivable real effect on the world, at least keke does

Mark my words op, you're going to want these in the guide, at leasts mention them
>>
File: 1494533702081.png (209KB, 359x424px) Image search: [Google]
1494533702081.png
209KB, 359x424px
shadow people
disembodies eyes and mouth
makes terrifying animalistic noises
extremely fast
cannot pass over bodies of water
after sightings one often hears inhuman high volume alternating noises at a high pitch
red and blue lights can often be spotted nearby before and after a sighting
>>
>>19020932
Alright, but you give the info on them, I haven't the slightest idea about them.
>>19020954
Black people already mentioned earlier
>>
You've already mixed them up far too much.

Skinwalkers/Fleshgaits/Huay Chivo/Nagual - Physical creature/cryptid. Exudes horrible smells, pasty, motley, or disfigured skin. Capable of mocking speech/sounds. Creates copies/inserts in prey.

Yee naaldlooshii - Native American Skinwalkers. Origination of the term "SW," used to describe a native american spiritualist who blood sacrificed their own blood and family members to attain the power of animal transformation. Appear is stories of policing/enforcement of Native American traditions or lands in modern times. Animals can appear normal or vaguely human, much larger. Capable of strange feats, i.e. Deer standing on back legs, raccoons lifting large objects etc.

Dogmen - Separate species of human-like creatures. Fabled to be impervious to bullets. Rarely "attacks" but very predatory. Territorial. Seemingly intelligent.

Goatman - Singular entity. Legendary Cryptid.

ALL of your "Skinwalker/Fleshgait" descriptions are one of the same species. They go by many names, in many cultures, and appear in myth all across the world. I named quite a few in the first couple sentences.

Everything else is separate. It's an /x/ meme that everything is fleshgait/skinwalker.
>>
>>19020960
Alright bud ill post some stuff after i get home dont want to type this stuff up with my phone
Its going tp be basicly the stories of how they made it to the modern day
As well as the rolls they play and the aspects of life they are now command

Im going to be getting lots if the info from pretty dubius sources dreams anons random posts but it should give you enough of a starter pack of info kindbof like the skinwalkers stuff is only the vary start of skinwalker lure
>>
>>19020896

>Wendigo (aka nature's terminator)

>5/5

>there are conflicting origin stories and descriptions of this creature. The first is of a very large creature like a bear that walks on two legs and has an elongated snout, very intelligent and deceptively quick and bullet resistant. The second is why I give it the nickname of nature's terminator, it's a man sized creature with pale translucent skin, with mostly the form of a rotting deer that is walking on two legs. It is capable of speech, in fact it pretty much talks nonstop, it's voice is similar to legion, as if an entire crowd of people are speaking all at once. It is nearly impossible to kill, bearing resemblance to the creepy pasta creature "the rake", reported to have taken multiple headshots from pistols and a shotgun while continuing to speak and move, only stopping after being thrown into a woodchipper and making a terrible scream.

>basically if you see either of these and have no way to get away and no access to basically military grade weapons, you're dead. These things are extremely dangerous and have no real weaknesses, and on top of that I have heard somewhere that they have some sort of memetic properties (basically talking or thinking about them makes them much more likely to appear).
>>
>>19020971
But, how can the different types be literally the same thing? I'm not saying that you're wrong exactly but couldn't convergent evolution apply here, like there are multiple different species of things that do basically the same thing (lure people into the woods, eat them and take their form)?

Other than that, your description of native American skinwalkers is pretty spot on.

And I disagree on goat man being singular, there are just too many stories about it in different places to be just one.
>>19020989
Alright, thanks.
>>
>>19021006
>(aka nature's terminator)

Dude, this is a child/edgy poster larping.

Everyone pack your backs, stop the presses.

Someone is up past their bedtime.
>>
>>19021021
No, I'm saying that they're ALL the same thing; Huay Chivo, Skinwalkers, Nagual, Fleshgaits;
They are all THE SAME THING.

Just like Wild Dogs, Pugs, Alaskan Malamutes, Dalmatians, Wolves, and Chihuahuas all look different, but they're all dogs.

Half the stories posted here are bullshit anyways. More than half. You have to do some serious research/reading to learn the real facts man.
>>
>>19021023
>giving something a nickname
>immediately invalidates all credibility
No.
>>19021028
I think we're arguing the same thing, they are all the same thing, but a chihuahua isn't a pit bull, yes they're both dogs but they're different kinds. That's what I'm saying, I'm talking subspecies that behave slightly differently and some are more dangerous.
>>
>>19021006
I've gotta get off for awhile after this one, my shift at work is almost over.

>The Ancient Ones

>10/5

>terrifying nearly lovecraftian monstrosities, they can do all sorts of horrible things. They can make you see terrible things just from eye contact, do most things that would be attributed to a "demon" in popular culture, without any kind of restraint. I'm talking like beyond chaotic neutral/evil kill you just because you know it exists. Also known to possess mirrors and their "corporeal" forms defy physics and logic, melting into smoke and having razor sharp talons, etc.

>if you ever come across one of these and aren't INCREDIBLY lucky, there isn't really anything that can save you. It's just game over.

Seriously, these things are fucking terrifying abominations from ancient times.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.