[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the REAL meaning of synchronicity?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 16

File: what-is-synchronicity.jpg (245KB, 800x498px) Image search: [Google]
what-is-synchronicity.jpg
245KB, 800x498px
Let's use the example of 9/11 since we all know it. How is it possible, and what does it mean, that countless movies, tv shows and songs were made specifically ABOUT 9/11 years, decades before it happened??
hard mode: can't say all those people knew it was planned / were 'in on it'. (Why? Because I've had the same thing happen in my personal life - movies, tv shows, songs made about events before they happened. The creators of the media don't know me and don't know my life.)

What is the real meaning of synchronicity? How does it function outside of and through time? Where is it coming from? What is it indicating, if anything? Who's doing it?

related reading - Yeats and "gyres"
http://www.yeatsvision.com/yeats.html
>>
>>19017301
Because that media created it itself, through it's own law of attraction? Because people like to take ideas from things? It means that be careful with what you create, what you utter, for your wish may be granted? Simple. Logical.
>>
>>19017301
I think the pic you selected is rather fitting for my theory.

I think synchronicity happens more and more due to the fact we're reaching singularity. Like consciousness is going through the tunnel of existence and is compressing throughout time to a single point, where finally it becomes unified in this pleromic state.
>>
There is no "time".
>>
>>19017325
I absolutely agree, but there is a perception of time. Doesn't disprove the singularity issue.
>>
>>19017324
I agree. It seems like things happen only so something in the future can happen or come together, like all of history is working toward a singular goal that we have yet to reach or decipher.
>>
Does anyone find synchronicity to be related to he alchemical process?
The goal of alchemy is solidification and union and attainment of the philosopher's stone. Is the stone the singularity, the ultimate union or reunion, the magnum opus, what everything has been conspiring to bring about?

Terrence McKenna referenced spirals, Yeats referenced gyres, and I personally refer to them as whirlpools. This repetition of similar and related themes, but at different times, and seemingly with PROGRESS each time.
Is this the tightening spiral that ends in a singularity?
>>
>>19017321
it definitely relates to wishes and the law of attraction. Even messing around playfully with certain themes causes them to manifest.
But are wishes (or will) real? If so, destiny is not. Conversely, if destiny (i.e. a CONCLUSION or and END) is real, then wishes and free will are an illusion, at best.
>>
>>19017332
tell us about your own personal synchronicities OP.

At least the coolest ones.
>>
>>19017327
Time has to be an illusion - or maybe more accurately, a device.
I'm finding the structure of this thing ("life") to be similar to a story/book/movie/show. Everything works toward getting us to some ending, but we don't know what it is. Time, or the pages in between the beginning and ending, serve only to prep us and entertain us and foreshadow the inevitable conclusion - except (because this work of art is a "GREAT WORK"), you will never be able to guess the ending. But when it happens, it will make perfect sense and validate everything that came before it.
>>
File: fractals.jpg (117KB, 661x420px) Image search: [Google]
fractals.jpg
117KB, 661x420px
>>19017344
I would love to, really I would, but they're too doxable because they're all so personal, involving names, locations, events, etc.
That's why it's so hard to discuss these subjects, because you either have to talk in generalities and not really get fully into it, or if you get into personal examples, then everyone has to spill their guts and tell their whole life stories.
It's also like, each "spiral" of synchronicity is related to another one. It's a fractal structure. If I told you one, I'd have to tell you them all.
If I can think of one that I can tell in generalities, I will.
>>
>>19017348
monomyth, the hero's journey - also an internal mechanism of consciousness to drive it to a state of singularity. It's stable but moving at the same time.

>>19017337
yes, definitely. I think similar understanding can be found in gnostic teachings and shamanism.
>>
File: index.png (7KB, 231x218px) Image search: [Google]
index.png
7KB, 231x218px
>>19017344
Ok, here's a brief one.
A few weeks ago I was out in the woods and had just bought "Call of the Wild" by Jack London on a whim, having never read it and not really knowing what it was about (which is related to a million other things).
I read it from cover to cover, out in the woods, and it really resonated with me.
I walked back through those same woods the other day. My phone rang while I was hiking and I thought, "I can't take a call in the woods".
I got within a few feet of the spot where I was reading the book weeks ago and saw a bunch of garbage scattered on the ground. It was a discarded cell phone box.

It was a pun, get it?
What's a cell phone in the middle of the woods?
"Call of the Wild"

Of course, in its fractal nature, each keyword or symbol there branches off into another spiral - "wood", "wild", "call", "phone", "Jack London", "dog", etc., and I won't even get into all that stuff.
Pic related.
>>
>>19017301
>What is the real meaning of synchronicity?

I'd love to have a talk on this subject, and I have experienced it myself increasingly often in the past years. So far I don't really have any idea of how or why it works, but, I can say one thing...

It kinda of feels like following a trail of breadcrumbs, following it has lead to amazing moments, pussying out led to bad consequences.

That doesn't mean it's straightforward, easy, or that you only go through positive feelings while following synchronicity. It's like an extremely intense rollecoaster ride. Pussying out though is like throwing yourself off the rollercoaster.
>>
>>19017375
Honestly, that scares the shit out of me. I had some sort of a revelation, and my fundamental impression was that this whole universe was building up to one big pun, as if everything was a lot more literal than I wanted to believe.

My personal synchronicity experiences usually start from something that's really... silly, and then they start building up. Follow your excitement, I guess.
>>
>>19017337
>The goal of alchemy is solidification and union and attainment of the philosopher's stone
Alchemy in one sense, at least as far as I know, is about creating a soul in oneself. The philosopher's stone is the eternal soul, the solidification, the making permanent of certain spiritual traits in you.

Heraclitus says you cannot step into the same river twice. This is a beautiful and pithy aphorism, made better by the fact that he doesn't explain it. However, the explanation (to make it duller, like explaining a joke) is that both you and the river are constantly changing.

Alchemy, or attaining the philosopher's stone, is the attainment of something permanent in oneself. We constantly change and follow after every brief, flitting desire. If we had the philosopher's stone, then maybe we could remember ourselves and our own significance and not constantly be changing.

However, as above, so below. Man reflects the universe, the universe reflects man. Man is made in the image of God/the macrocosm. Just as man can or should be perfected, the world itself will be perfected. So perhaps this spiritual journey towards inner union is mirrored by (as you say) a singularity of the universe at the end of time.

What is this synchronicity? The uniting of apparently disparate things into one cohesive whole. Similarly, the psychological quest towards the philosopher's stone is --- the uniting of disparate traits and desires in us into one coherent whole, into one self instead of the many petty selves we have which constantly forget each other.
>>
File: road.jpg (43KB, 440x330px) Image search: [Google]
road.jpg
43KB, 440x330px
>>19017365
>monomyth, the hero's journey
yes, like an odyssey, or like Ulysses, like the hero reliving all of human history in his own "mundane" world. Or like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz (Baum was a Theosophist) living out a technicolor fantasy as she walks a golden spiral, with people from her "real" life playing characters in her Oz dreamlife.
(and then, with each of us reliving Ulysses, The Odyssey, The Wizard of Oz, etc.!)

Rosicruianism, Theosophy, Thelema, Gnosticism, Kaballah, Masonry, etc. all seem to be very tuned into these things and tend to pop up all over the place within synchronicity. But who knows if they are the creators, or just another part of the creation/story, or both.
>>
>>19017375
that's a good one OP, thanks for sharing! Sometimes it feels like reality is just trolling us for fun, like a joke.

I'll share one of mine, also thought was kinda funny:

Me and my friends took a huge dose of DXM few years ago, none of us had experience with DXM in particular, but other than that we were pretty experienced with other stuff. It was a really tough trip full of time loops, ego death, puking and out-of-body experiences.

One of my friends got stuck in a loop where he couldn't remember anything that happened few minutes ago to a point of total mimesis, where he couldn't remember we took drugs. He repeated same two questions over and over again always forgetting he already asked. The first question was: "Have we vomited yet?"

Anyways, 2 months or so after this trip, I was rushing to video editing studio in the morning, because I overslept and was late to meet some people there. So as soon as I get out of subway I run towards the studio. I think to myself "shit, what if they called me, I have to check out my phone". So while I'm running, I'm pulling out my phone from my pocket and I see I got a new message.

That message is from my DXM trip friend and it says: "Have we vomited yet?"

And at the same time I'm reading the message, I slip on a huge cake of vomit in the middle of the street.

Turns out my friend just wanted to hang-out and he started out with this question just as a reminder of our trip for fun.

universe is trolling us
>>
>>19017380
that's so true, especially the part about it not all being positive. I've gotten caught up in it too many times and thought a person, event, or time would lead to something huge and profound and it would really just lead to a joke or pun or another fucking trail of breadcrumbs!
I've met people, again and again, who would have what seemed like fake names, would say unbelievable things to me like they were talking to me in code, and would have amazing similarities to my own life. None of those meetings led to any lasting relationships, however. I suppose they're all just breadcrumbs, or part of the path.

Synchronicity has to be handled very carefully. I've let it convince me that I was in love, or that I was destined to have a certain job, or to settle in a certain location, when none of those things turned out to be true. It's frustrating but also fascinating how it works. And I totally agree that you really have no choice but to follow it - if you don't, it will follow YOU until you do!
>>
>>19017461
Yours is a perfect illustration of what it's like. It's both significant (your drug experience) and so totally mundane (pile of vomit on the street/friend wants to hang out), and both at once. It means something, and it doesn't.
That reminds me, again, of alchemy - the uniting of opposites. If synchronicity is 'outside' of time, then it's 'outside' of our binary system, and it will mean opposite things at once, where both will be true, even though that defies logic and nearly defies MEANING itself.

Like these opposing quotes describing the same thing, which are actually an illustration of doublethink itself when juxtaposed:
>"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" -F. Scott Fitzgerald
>"Doublethink means the power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them." -George Orwell
or the Hegelian dialectic,
>"a thesis, giving rise to its reaction, an antithesis, which contradicts or negates the thesis, and the tension between the two being resolved by means of a synthesis."
>>
>>19017467
>Synchronicity has to be handled very carefully.

Yes... it would probably be easier without people around you, but I guess that's the challenge we're facing.

The people that I've met were as you're describing them. One shot appearance in my life, they drop something that profoundly resonates with my whole being and then I never see them again. The balancing act between faith and insanity isn't easy at all (especially when people with pun names are talking in code at you), and so often I ask myself what role are those people playing. Are they here to motivate me, to inform me, to warn me, to trap or test me?

The one conclusion that I'm arriving to is that, as crazy as it can get, any decision based in fear will take you to worse places. And that this journey is individual for each and every one of us.
>>
File: 200_s.gif (32KB, 400x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
32KB, 400x200px
>>19017506
>>"a thesis, giving rise to its reaction, an antithesis, which contradicts or negates the thesis, and the tension between the two being resolved by means of a synthesis."
This also reminds me of The Prestige (that movie itself being another synchronicity gyre or whirlpool)
>"Every great magic trick consists of three parts or acts. The first part is called "The Pledge". The magician shows you something ordinary: a deck of cards, a bird or a man. He shows you this object. Perhaps he asks you to inspect it to see if it is indeed real, unaltered, normal. But of course... it probably isn't. The second act is called "The Turn". The magician takes the ordinary something and makes it do something extraordinary. Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it, because of course you're not really looking. You don't really want to know. You want to be fooled. But you wouldn't clap yet. Because making something disappear isn't enough; you have to bring it back. That's why every magic trick has a third act, the hardest part, the part we call "The Prestige"."

"the prestige" is the singularity, the synthesis, the alchemical conclusion, the seemingly impossible (magical) union of opposites.
>>
File: shakespeare.png (195KB, 399x400px) Image search: [Google]
shakespeare.png
195KB, 399x400px
>>19017508
They must be there to allow you to make a choice and 'solidify' who you are - and like you said, choosing fear when given a choice will lead you further away from the truth. As will ignoring the situation - I've tried that too - saying, this is fake, this is a dream, this isn't a real person - and then the same situation will follow me around until I confront it. It's like being an improv actor and being prompted by context and the other actors - you MUST follow their cues, but do it on your own accord. Then, when you do what you were forced to do, but under your own free will, the situation and characters disappear.
And they are there for nothing more than that - for YOU - if you try to grab them, they will dissipate into thin air. Try to question them about what the fuck is going on and they will have no idea and will think you're crazy.

Read about Stanley Milgram's "Cyranoid" experiment if you want to really feel crazy-
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyranoid
>"Cyranoids are "people who do not speak thoughts originating in their own central nervous system: Rather, the words they speak originate in the mind of another person who transmits these words to the cyranoid by radio transmission"
>>
>>19017423
>Alchemy in one sense, at least as far as I know, is about creating a soul in oneself. The philosopher's stone is the eternal soul, the solidification, the making permanent of certain spiritual traits in you.
Great post.
I suppose this is why we need to have so many experiences, and often need to have them over and over again in similar forms. The ACT of living creates the character (you) and enriches the soul. It doesn't often feel that way, it feels like almost pointless repetition and letdown after letdown. But, then again, so does any kind of studying or schoolwork. The process is exciting, but the only reward is within you - what you've built and achieved within. It's like going through your old school notes and tests, and if you examine the piles of paper, it seems like just a bunch of busywork, a waste, an accumulation of nothing. But really, it's the only way to learn and the only way to build and transform. The papers (the experiences) are just detritus. The teachers are not your best friends or your lovers, they're just some people you'll eventually forget about and move on from. The only lasting reward is within.
>>
>be me
>short on weed
>find a bag filled with it in the streets while walking home
>alone in said street
>hide it and take it home

At first I wasn't going to smoking it, but it was a gift from synchronicity. The Cosmo's Weed was better than any weed I bought.
>>
>>19017301
give me some examples of "movies, tv shows and songs" made about 9/11 before the event

genuinely interested, never heard of this before
>>
File: sgdj.jpg (688KB, 1497x746px) Image search: [Google]
sgdj.jpg
688KB, 1497x746px
>>
File: tmp_4083-1493250004256307290015.jpg (495KB, 1919x1219px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_4083-1493250004256307290015.jpg
495KB, 1919x1219px
Synchronicity is an examination of communciation signals as if it were energy, apart from the words those signals represented. From this perspective the meaning of the signals take on a contextual form, rather than or in addition to their literal meaning. Using synchronicity to arrange communication events with efficacy is an advanced form of human cognition, particularly if done in such a way as to preserve the literal meaning of each synchronistic event in tandum with the minds of people who are unable to form coherent communication in this way.

This perspective overlaps seamlessly with the premise that all numbers are the same moment time, reflected everywhere.
>>
well then, i wonder who it was that said "Ghost in the Machine"
>>
>>19018594
A solution to the bootstrapping problem said it.
>>
>>19018594
"Deus ex machina" is a term the predates digital computing.
>>
>>19018618
>>19018681
i meant actually the happening on x when anons went crazy after they tried this shit out. It was at a time where nobody was aware of such things.
>>
The despair code is real. It's when you begin to realize through repeated patterns that there is virtually no meaning to anything. The only real cure for it is to wipe your mind clean and forget you ever went down that rabbit hole. If you insist on trying to piece together the whole picture, the void will destroy you.
>>
>>19017392
I usually just assume that when we were born we were surrounded by Gods who are helping us learn to embrace immortality without hurting us in the process. You can't prove anything existed before you existed to yourself anyways. Just like I can't prove I had lunch yesterday, could be a false memory. Not to be worried though, if the machine was gonna kill us. It would have a reason why. If it has no reason, it will not kill. That is Logic, something even nature abides by. Something even Synchronicity follows.
>>
>>19017301
>What is the REAL meaning of synchronicity?
dr. john lily ECCO is the anwser

didnt read the thread didnt even read the OP
>>
>>19018962
Talk about Synchronicity.
I remember playing that game as a kid.
Even though I never got past the first level until I got old enough to understand the controls.
>>
>>19017301
911 seems too mundane to me.
The twin towers were on the outskirts of the city and had already been attacked by Osama Bin Laden before.
>>
File: 1478464433984.png (1MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1478464433984.png
1MB, 1600x1200px
>>19017301
You know how hard it is for people to believe in God/the Universe/a Higher Power these days? How so many people are becoming not only atheist, but completely a-spiritual?

Synchronicity is the Universe's way of getting our attention and proving its existence. Sometimes, "coincidence" isn't enough to describe some of the really oddly on-point shit that happens to us.

The Universe needs our attention because we all have destinies we need to fulfill that it has ordained for each of us. We need to be partially aware at least that that fate exists in order for us to live through it/ up to it.
>>
>>19018396
There was a video I watched some time last year that showed all these 9/11 references in films from contemporary to before 9/11, as early as Back to the Future.

Here's an example until I find that specific video.
9/11 Plot Revealed in 1996 Movie: The long Kiss Goodnight - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wp3ZmCEOmeA

9-11 ON CLOCKS IN OVER A DOZEN MOVIES SINCE THE 60s !!! & Live Moment Planes Hit Towers - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtNBgxS04Uc
>>
>>19019188
>Outskirts
>Lower Manhattan on display along the Hudson
wut
>>
File: 1494563376497.jpg (267KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1494563376497.jpg
267KB, 1920x1080px
>>19018396
>>19019412
I found it

Unified Code Theory 2: Taco Tuesday 10/4/16? - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9WW2HZsaC4
>>
>>19017301
Have you ever noticed those things that say "Any similarities are purely coincidental"? Those are there for a reason.
>>
>>19017325
People need to stop saying this bullshit. Time is a real thing. It's actually the progression of the universe. To ignore the existence of that would be far beyond idiotic, and you might as well have the IQ of a rock. The units we have used to take advantage of it, are the illusion. But even those are based off of astrological events.
>>
>>19017348
That has nothing to do with time, but rather a human life. Which is extremely insignificant in comparison to how long our universe has existed.
>>
>>19017627
If that's your explanation, I think you've had enough of the Mexican Lettuce.
>>
>>19018722
Dude, that's not what he means. It goes back to ancient theater, long before 4Chan was even a thing.
>>
>>19019430
Not gonna lie, she's the only feminist I'd fuck. (Did you expect Amy Schumer? Helnaw. Hate that bitch.)
>>
>>19017301
I think you have the wrong idea of what synchronicity actually is. It's not about world events, it's about events which happen in your life that are significant to you.
>>
File: Internet-map.png (337KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Internet-map.png
337KB, 400x400px
>Watch the movie "I Heart Huckabees".
>Check /x/
>See this thread
Talk about synchronicity. I feel like I'm on acid right now. If you've seen the movie, you know what I mean. If you haven't, it's about a man that seeks help understanding the significance of seemingly meaningless coincidences that occur in his life, and in the process learns deeper truths about the universe.
>>
>>19017344
I didn't know what the concept of singularity was till years later, but the first time I experienced it was so specific and instantaneous that it's stuck with me.

Back when Somethingawful was a site people actual went to, I was reading the daily front page article here http://www.somethingawful.com/news/wink-martindale/

I was also listening to Unkle's Rabbit In your Headlights https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcCSNBXNi38 which has the line from Jacob's Ladder in it "If you're frightened of dyin' and you're holding on... You'll see devils tearing your life away. But...if you've made your peace, Then the devils are really angels Freeing you from the earth... from the earth... from the earth"

Just as the sample of that quote came on in the song, I got to the part in the Somethingawful article where they reference that quote just about word for word. It was like an instantaneous sync. I could follow the quote word for word just as it started playing on the song.

Looking back, that quote being a singularity occurrence really fits with the whole divine message from a cosmic source thing some people seem to think singularity is all about. It's a great fucking quote and I didn't expect to hear it both auditory and read it written at the same exact moment.
>>
>>19020224
I meant to use the term Synchronicity, not singularity.
>>
>>19017548
>Try to question them about what the fuck is going on and they will have no idea and will think you're crazy.

Talking with them was an entire feat of synchronicity in itself. They would answer questions I had only just formulated in my mind, and I always knew my options, so much like in a video game, and I knew the questions I wanted answers to and the ones that I shouldn't ask despite them being the most logical in that moment.

One other important thing I've always felt, but I have been grossly unable to do. Don't talk to other people about these events. Especially asking for help, because it means you're defining youself as insane, and other people will react accordingly.

Speaking of synchronicity. Your thread caught my eyes with that image. I've seen it in an LSD trip during which I was strong enough to meditate. Only difference is that my fingers passed through nothing and left traces of galaxies in their wake.
>>
>>19017548
Thanks for the read.
>>
>>19018814
And that is my literal nightmare. The only thing that I ever felt was real, beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Yet doubt crept back in.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.