[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are do so many New Age Cucks becoming Christian?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: chakra-body1.jpg (78KB, 900x917px) Image search: [Google]
chakra-body1.jpg
78KB, 900x917px
>Raised in a Strict Christian Family
>Questions dogma and authority and becomes an Atheist after watching youtube
>Feels empty and devoid of purpose so gets into researches buddhism, hinduism, chakras and new age shit.
> Goes through an annoying cuckold Namaste love and light phase and starts playign around with Kundalini
>Muh DEMONZ!!! JESUS HELPS ME!!
> Finally goes to Back to Christianity having been the right doctrine all along.

Am I the only who's willing to acknowledge this fucking pattern? It has literally happened millions, perhaps tens of millions of times.

But no one ones wants to critically analyze this or point it out. Why do you new age cucks keep thinking you've found some secret unknown truth when you're just stumbling in the same dog crap pile that countless others have before you.

And why do you Christians go Straight to Christianity after because jesus protected you from demons.

Inb4 Gnostics scapegoat demiurge and quote Urantia
inb4 edgy atheist
inb4 Muh Enlightnment, I won't end up like all the other new agers
inb4 all these damn memes that no one wants to question, everyone wants to a damn label. Blue or Red pill, no one wants to be in between or approach the situation laterally.

rant over.
>>
dat bump
>>
>>19015506
In case you didn't know, all those inb4s basically killed any kind of intelligent discussion on this topic in a grand display of your own close-mindedness.

This thread is dead on arrival.
>>
>>19015506
Because different, is hard. How many of these situations are because the people around them are "worried"? It becomes easier for people to assimilate than to actually work at knowledge. Also, no community. Not really. There's no organization for new age dingle berries. You can fall for a pyramid scheme or end up committing suicide. Kek.
>>
>>19015653
There's no example, of a guaranteed outcome. Nobody ever says, I am successful because I bought everything in Tools for Exploration. But there are many successful members of organized religions.
>>
>>19015629

You must be one of the inb4's, so your opinion on my thread is irrelevant.

Also, I displayed great open mindedness by challenging the status quo. You're just being emotionally and deluding yourself into thinking that it objective reasoning.
>>
>>19015653
>You can fall for a pyramid scheme or end up committing suicide.
How do people even fall for those? The telltale signs of a cult are easy to see from a mile away.
>>
File: 1370534327979.jpg (245KB, 600x829px) Image search: [Google]
1370534327979.jpg
245KB, 600x829px
Those already prone to falling into the belief of religion and feeling of spiritualism will always continue to do so. There are those that waver in faith and can become convinced by the religious and spiritual beliefs of other people. And there are those that grow up with a belief and their religious habits are set in stone for their whole life. Then on the opposite spectrum there are those that are skeptical and/or do not believe outright in any religion or feel any spirituality. I'm not talking about the atheism or agnosticism, those are still isms defining spirituality. Rather a completely secular mindset without making any association with isms.

I like to look at psychedelics and how they affect spirituality since I spend a lot of time around hippies and burners. The first couple of peak experiences of LSD for example are usually interpreted as spiritual experiences by the already religious types and a lot of those people take those experiences and turn to new age. But then there are others that are already a completely secular and take those experiences usually from a scientific viewpoint and see them as being fantastical thoughts brought about by the effects of a chemical.

I think it really just depends on who you are as a person, but you can't deny that spirituality and religion has been with man since we were hunter gatherers so even if it is flawed in numerous aspects, it has it's place.
>>
>>19015676
The short answer is that most people aren't that smart, especially the retards that join cults.
>>
>>19015709

I actually gotta agree. I'm willing to accept the possibility of the christianity being true but I refuse to convert solely on the basis of fear.

Like when too many people go for any single belief, immediately get extremely skeptical and cautious of it.

However, This could all just be worldy sinful speculation and Yahweh will probably fuck you up impudence.

I don't know but it's probably gonna happen.
>>
>>19015673
>You must be one of the inb4's, so your opinion on my thread is irrelevant.
Boy howdy, I totally didn't see that coming. Also, considering most people spend their whole lives believing in their parents' religion, you didn't challenge the status quo at all.
>>
File: Seraphim Rose.jpg (223KB, 1175x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Seraphim Rose.jpg
223KB, 1175x1600px
>>19015506
You sound like you had some of same experiences of Fr. Seraphim Rose. He was a beatnik trying out all sorts of new age mumbo jumbo before switching to Orthodox Christianity. He became and ascetic and lived in a small cabin in the woods. Hopefully he will be recognized as a saint soon.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seraphim_Rose
>>
>>19015506

I doubt anyone has ever gone through the whole progression you're describing, its more exact when seen as a multi-generational thing. you can't blame someone who was raised in an atheist household.
>>
>>19015506
What do you believe in, OP?
>>
>>19015784
Dude, millions have gone through this. literally Google an ex new agers testimony and you'll find this sane pattern.

>>19015749
your post is not applicable as a retort
>>
In defense of the Gnostics:
The demiurge is a demiurge because the demiurge could take hits rather than hit to prevent or dodge harm. The demiurge can survive anything the mortals could do to the demiurge…yet the demiurge harms to avoid suffering rather than takes hits.
This makes the demiurge someone who is not fully respectful of the situation of the mortals (humans not accessing eternal life technologies).
Though…the mortals are human too…which means the mortals might access the eternal life technologies. Then the operating system, prevailing humanality program of which eternal life is forced for a human or some or all humans, at least for new mortals, is essentially about any new, "champion" living among the mortals.

The Christian covenant with God is a good covenant. It's not always true...many humans are like Jesus yet they are not risen from the dead, yet it is sometimes true as is proved by what Jesus experienced.
>>
>>19015871

Yes, and that makes good sense but the whole Demiurge idea is so mainstream, so popular, on the internet that you have to question it's validity as a singular truth and even if the Demiurge exist, that doesn't prove Gnosticism or pantheist are the end all beliefs and views
>>
>>19015880
I don't know much about Gnosticism or Pantheistism, but I know a bit about, "demiurge" so I wanted to share.
>>
>>19015506
i never got into youtube atheism although i understand the appeal. reminds me of an ayn rand phase.

anyway i did go from fundamentalist christian -> new age -> occult

if i get freaked out and feel desperate by some situation, i find myself reverting to christian prayer just in case. it feels emotionally exactly like running home to mommy cuz i got scared. i feel more protected afterwards, like at least if i die right now i'm not going to hell.

residual christian programming is probably what is making the person afraid to begin with, but instead of dealing with it they just quit all occult stuff and run back to the church. this is not a bad thing actually. belonging to a church is probably a more pro-social and balanced way of life than occult practice.

*shrug*

our brains are not made to be totally rational. use whatever works for you.
>>
File: 1381690516706.gif (1MB, 360x260px) Image search: [Google]
1381690516706.gif
1MB, 360x260px
>>19015506
Why has no one recorded a demon pushing an object over?
>>
>>19015846

>millions

Stop being full of shit.
>>
The belief that a guy was born so oddly messed up that he had no personality but that from the base of the universe itself.

We try to get on his level.
>>
>>19015506
>Straight to Christianity

Why would anybody go straight to a lie?
>>
>>19015506
>Jesus protects u!

No, he doesn't, I have a demon, I tried jesus and I still have a demon.

Your jesus is as useful as a condom is useful to a rotten banana.
>>
>>19015673
>challenging the status quo

Here is the status quo

>kid gets baptized
>a spirit enters because of baptism
>kid becomes retarded

No, you didn't challenge it, you stalemated it
>>
>>19021164
wat
>>
>>19015506
The same reason a ton of teenagers go through a "I'm a mayonnaise sexual demiboy turtlekin" phase only to come out as straight and cis when they grow up.
>>
>>19015506
>Christianity having been the right doctrine all along

Why is this allowed on /x/ and not punished by a ban?

I mean, one of the basic things one has to do to consider visiting /x/ is finally coming to the term and surety that christianity is false, I will not enter into the topic of discussing the many reasons why we all know this, but on the more urgent matter of having to deal with brainwashed bible-thumpers on the site.
>>
>>19021301
Christianity is not false. People who live Christianity are living a history/herstory. A human can do no harm to other humans and be blessed by god or be blessed as god. This is later than history/herstory of blessed humans violent to those not harming the blessed humans.

There is a realistic interpretation of the bible. Humans accessed eternal life technology and those humans interacted, were among, humans not accessing eternal life technology.
>>
>>19021351
>Christianity is not false.

How can a sentence be so wrong?

Do a miracle

>huuurrr miracle seeker, do not tell me to the face how I cannot do the things the bible says I will do
>>
I can't speak for every combat vet out there, but when you're out there getting shot at, it can get dark or red and I always felt things got brighter/better when I was doing what God wanted me to do

It's weird, some people call it foxhole religion, I call it combat colors

I think he tries to make it easier to follow his will in such obvious turmoil like war

There's something out there that wanted me to run over a hill while getting shot at and I think it saved my life
>>
Shameless bump.
>>
>>19021275

oh that's just the demon talking, anon
>>
>>19021452

Yeah, the world is populated by children of satan, so the true religion is hidden and persecuted, not celebrated, fuck you.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.