[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Youtube recs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 7

File: photo.jpg (59KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
59KB, 900x900px
Hey, I've really been enjoying the youtube channel Scare Theater. I'm almost out of videos, though. Anyone know of similar channels I can binge watch?
>>
Reignbot
GloomyHouse
Dark5
Mr. Nightmare
>>
>>19014964
Corpse Husband
Lazy Masquerade
>>
>>19014964
literally anything but scare theater
>>
nightmind
>>
I've had it with these creepypasta channels. They were fine for a while but they are just pandering to the masses. They got boring pretty fast.

Is there any GOOD channel that focuses on facts and NOT stories. I don't want another "TOP 5 SCARIEST GAY STORIES THAT ARE ACTUALLY TRUE".

I want a channel like Toxicologist, or something like LordanARTS.
You know, a host who doesn't play with this whole dark and edgy theme. I want someone who doesn't do it for the views and actually cares about the truth.

Wanna report and talk about mysteries/ghosts/ayys/demons/glowinthedarkniggers? By all means, do it, but for the love of God, don't put on this cheap "dark" persona and presentation of yours.

Nightmind and Scare Theater are relatively okay compared to the rest, but you can tell from a mile away that they too are trying way too hard. Why can't someone simply report on paranormal/spooky shit without acting like a retard?
>>
>>19015188
ScareTheater is good but he needs to either work on writing scripts, get somebody to write his scripts, or learn to improvise speeches.

Cayleigh Elise is also decent, but most people here still have the >female reaction to YouTubers.

I thought Let's Read! was neat until he got into the "5 more T R U E scary stories from R E D D I T" format that he's still clinging too
>>
>>19015188
He analyzes a lot of real confirmed events as well as conspiracies. Personally my favorite videos he does involve a recording of evidence such as "the karate killer" analysis video
>>
>>19014964
whatever happened to the little fears?
>>
File: Hajime.png (279KB, 500x622px) Image search: [Google]
Hajime.png
279KB, 500x622px
>>19014964
kys
>>
>>19015188
Criminally Listed is a pretty good channel I recently discovered. Mostly about non-supernatural stuff, like serial killers, disappearances, etc., but the presentation is pretty good. No corny 'spooky' voice, no dumb pseudo-philosophical intros, and he talks about cases that aren't super well known.
>>
>>19016156
This I need to know. I loved her channel so much, its a shame it died
>>
File: nebulous nightmares.jpg (680KB, 1000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
nebulous nightmares.jpg
680KB, 1000x1333px
Night Mind is bretty gud. Scaretheater is for normies.
>>
>>19014964

Mr. Nightmare is alright but you'll definitely get tired of it before running out of content. He just reads out shit he found on the internet with spooky background music, it gets old after a while.
>>
Beyond Creepy is a favorite of mine.

Paranormal Junkie is pretty good
>>
Dr Creepen
Chilling Tales for Dark Nights
>>
Anybody here ever watch ScareTheater's video on the Zodiac Killer?

WTF is with the shitty low budget recreations of the killings?

Like is this some sort of attempt to be funny, or did he actually think that viewers needed these images to understand the story better?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2adUnifI2o
>>
Gloomy House is very good. He has an ominous voice without being a try hard, and covers real subjects. Some of his vids seem a little silly or tasteless, but most of it is worthwhile.
>>
File: 1472264176690.jpg (17KB, 236x322px) Image search: [Google]
1472264176690.jpg
17KB, 236x322px
>>19016156
Her voice is amazing. Such a shame she stopped posting.
>>
>Scare Theater
I've watched all of Scare Theater's videos. They're OK, but they appeal to more of a 'teenage' crowd. The scripting could use work and he gets spooked a little too easy (but hey, he's a kid). What's the most unusual thing about his videos to me is the fact that he's black but only has white friends and seemingly goes to an all white school. Nothing wrong with that, just seems different to me.
>GloomyHouse
Nice videos, good narration. Some videos are a little boring/not scary.
>Dark5
Good videos, nice editing. Political opinions come out sometimes, which annoys me to no end.
>Mr. Nightmare
OK videos, just lots of countdowns
>Reignbot
Had really good videos imao. Left youtube, took most of her contend with her with her without much explanation. Some vids still up.
>>
>>19016814
reginbot came back recently
>>
>>19016822
Thanks for updating me, I had written her off.
>>
Anyone one know any Youtubers like Llama Arts that have animations for the stories
>>
I remember Scare Theater making a short film with his friends. It was cringy as fuck and had tons of dislikes. He got all butthurt and deleted it before I could save it.
>>
>>19016156
I think she was confirmed to be one of the people behind Meatsleep (that one arg/video series from a couple years ago).
>>
I've noticed in the past few videos Nightmind has been putting in a ton of criticism and cynical commentary about the state of internet horror or internet politics. Not that I don't agree with him, but it's really turned me off from listening. Couldn't get through his nightvale "review" because he wasn't talking about the show itself but what it represents as the typically trappings and failings of modern horror, and as one of the uninitiated I didn't know what he was referring to. Just put me off entirely. Kinda miss his play by play compilations followed by his analysis at the end like he used to do for the slender ARGs. It's a much more digestible format
>>
>>19014964
stop shilling your gay channel nigger
>>
Night Mind is good but he has this really obnoxious over the top dark personality. If you can get past it, he's coverage is pretty good.
>>
>>19016994
>>19017072

The absolute worst garbage about Nightmind is his fucking cat persona that he always fucking pretends like anyone would care about

>Well, I'm a shapeshifting cat from a dark dimension so I don't understand about your human ways

Wish he would just cut the shit but I suppose all his anime fans like drawing fetish fan art.
>>
>>19016599
>implying Night Mind isn't
>>
part of the cancer killing /x/ kys fags
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-B4XUwHRyTs

https://www.liveleak.com/c/chrisbb287

Best channels i've ever seen
>>
>>19016814
He's half black, I've noticed it's actually not very uncommon for half black folk to hang out almost exclusively with whites for some reason.
Then again I lived in a city with a fairly small black population so maybe they just don't get the opportunity to meet a lot of blacks.
>>
>>19014964
livescifi and xroom mod. They basically do paranormal shit, rituals and rights.
>>
>>19017076
i'm pretty sure the cat thing was actually something pushed by his fans that he just rolled with. it doesn't bug me that much, it's not like it comes up often.
>>
Strange Youtube Videos:
I would like to talk about strange videos on youtube that give out an uneasy feeling and/or paranormal vibe. Their creators are unidentified which adds to it.
They may be really memey, but whatever they still give the chills the first time you watch them.

Stuff like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waww7YcOTiQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SScL0n8-aAg
>>
File: 1463192847814.jpg (32KB, 300x182px) Image search: [Google]
1463192847814.jpg
32KB, 300x182px
>>19014964
Reignbot, Scare Theater, Night Mind, Secureteam, and Toxicologist are the only worthwhile /x/ related channels.
Reignbot and Scare Theater are pretty straight forward, and both offer insight on weird/creepy shit, and debunkings when something is fake.
Night Mind offers great analysis on horror fiction, but it might not be for everyone because the videos are pretty long, and Nick puts up this persona when making his videos, and sometimes the analysis videos have their own "plot" attached to them, akin to how the Nostalgia Critic bloats his videos with unfunny skits. But in Nightmind's case, they're very brief and don't detract from the actual subject of the video at hand, but I'm mentioning it because it could still turn people off (you fags will complain about anything).
Secureteam is excellent if you enjoy UFO sightings and general ayy lmao shit. But keep in mind that he talks exclusivelly about Ufology, not creepy shit in general.
Toxicologist is simple, and straight to the point. Infact, I'm pretty sure he's from /x/, and his content is great. Only problem is the infrequent uploads.

There, these are the only good ones. All other /x/ related youtube channels are nothing but clickbait, top 5's, and "SUPAH SCARY 4CHAN/REDDIT POST". Absolute garbage.
>>
>>19016156
Word is that she's doing music now and has become trans. Yeah.
>>
>>19016994
>I've noticed in the past few videos Nightmind has been putting in a ton of criticism and cynical commentary about the state of internet horror or internet politics.

To each their own, but that actually made me like him even more. It seems to me like all the popular creepypasta readers are too chicken shit scared of alienating their fanbase by talking shit about popular pastas that are crap despite being popular(Jeff the killer, Suicide Mouse, Etc). In that regard, Nightmind came and unapologetically said what was on everybody's mind. It's even better because, judging by the cringy fanart he gets, his fanbase is likely composed of the same trash that enjoys crappastas like that, so maybe his words will get through to at least a few of them. Hell, even the people who don't agree with him will eventually start parroting his criticisms, because kids will eat anything their youtube idols tell them to.
>>
File: 1438625541870.jpg (85KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1438625541870.jpg
85KB, 600x800px
>>19018337
>really memey
those both are.
>they still give the chills the first time you watch them
No they don't. This entire board is filled with 14 y/os who like fnaf.
>>
>>19017526
I suppose that's just my perspective because of where I live (the Deep South). Half blacks here usually if not always go the black way. Mixed kids are also usually a brand of shame for their white mothers, and polite white society practically shuns them. Him having a black mom and white dad is unusual for 'our' standards down here.
>>
>>19016740
i think the joke is that he's portraying something as gloomy as killings in a light-hearted cartoony way
>>
>>19015188

Mellowb1rd
MichealDMagee

If your in poltergeist activity
>>
>>19015188
NightTerrors, stuff they don't want you to know, Raar Maar Waar(if you're dutch), thesemyths(even though their intro is really edgy and trying to hard)
>>
>>19014964
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKWkviQlHKw
>>
Not similar, but I know of one or two nice channels to watch some animated horror stories, they're fun to kill time.

1st - Chilling Tales for Dark Nights – Turn on the Dark

2nd - Llama Arts

watch them, let me know what you think
>>
>>19023465
Tales of Tim is really good also
>>
>>19014964
I came across one called Criminally Listed, one of those top 5 channels but with a lot of true crime cases I had yet to see other channels cover.
>>
>>19017526
>>19018858
In regards to half black people, it's because a lot of the time full-black folk treat them like absolute garbage. In current year, they tend to get treated better by white people.
>>
>>19023900
I just noticed someone else mentioned the same channel. I like Rob Dyke's stuff, but a few of his most recent videos have a been a bit lackluster.
>>
Is there any channel that frequently posts *fresh* paranormal video's? All I can find are those compilation channels, which are OK, until you've seen every ancient ghost video, and channels where some dubious dude jabbers on for 30 minutes. I guess I would even pay for proper fresh content.
>>
>Mr.creepypast
>creepsmcpasta
>creepypastjr
>natenator77
>kingspook
>scarystorytimewithliam
>thelittlefears
>Chilling tales for dark knights
>>
night mind
>>
>>19014964
gasyourself
>>
>>19023656
thanks bro
>>
>>19016927
>>19018528
Hi, was a big fan too. Yeah, from what I heard she was doxxed during the meatsleep ARG. Idk the exact details, if anyone else knows please tell us.

So yeah, she's a weird musician (Think like Xiu Xiu) with a channel called blacksquares. Although I've looked at the channel and the social media and it doesn't say anywhere that she is thelittlefears. Voice sounds the same though.

And for being trans, she was always trans. She's a male-to-female.
>>
>>19017862
It's mostly on his tumblr so just avoid that if you don't like it.
>>
Hey, so I have an idea for a channel that I think is a bit original. I would basically review and analyze horror literature. I'm not talking like creepypasta (although maybe I'll do a little of that), but actual authors like Lovecraft, Ligotti, King, Poe, etc.

I think if it gets popular I'll branch out to less known authors, like Ramsey Campbell and Laird Barron.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.