[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the Thoth the Tarot Card set with the best illustrations?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7

File: t-toth.jpg (120KB, 574x450px) Image search: [Google]
t-toth.jpg
120KB, 574x450px
Is the Thoth the Tarot Card set with the best illustrations? If not, what is it?
>>
>>19014048
*deck
>>
Sinister tarot by ONA
>>
>>19014067
I didn't like ONA's acethetics, thank you for suggesting it though.
>>
File: Vertigo Tarot Review.jpg (408KB, 768x512px) Image search: [Google]
Vertigo Tarot Review.jpg
408KB, 768x512px
>>19014048

I thought the Vertigo Tarot set had some brilliant art in it, but as a tool it just didn't seem very effective. The deck and I just didn't "get along." I sold the set for a TON of money. Turns out it's pretty rare.
>>
File: il_570xN.377885867_kd2g.jpg (124KB, 570x428px) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.377885867_kd2g.jpg
124KB, 570x428px
>>19014090

Would like to add that I'm a fan of the art of the Swiss IJJ, but confess I am biased, as it is my favorite deck and was passed down to me by my mother.
>>
File: the_lovers.jpg (139KB, 428x717px) Image search: [Google]
the_lovers.jpg
139KB, 428x717px
>>19014048
Opinions, opinion.

Some will like the Thoth deck's style, others the Rider-Waite, others the Golden Dawn, Egyptian, Marseille, Eteilla, Visconti-Sforza, 1JJ, New Orleans Voodoo... But the thing is it's not just because of the art.
>>
File: tumblr_mep5w7w9XX1rnwgypo1_1280.jpg (404KB, 1200x1101px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mep5w7w9XX1rnwgypo1_1280.jpg
404KB, 1200x1101px
OP Here

I would like to share deviations on the Magician Card. See which one you like more.

i) The Universal Waite Tarot, ii) Rider Waite Tarot, iii) Visconti Tarots

iv) Golden Tarot - by Kat Black v) Thoth Tarot vi) The Hermetic Tarot
>>
>>19014048
Thoth deck along with the Book of Thoth is the most comprehensive thus far. Doesn't necessarily make it the best, but it's my favorite. Also, Thoth deck utilizes the Tzaddi/He (star/emperor) swap, as in "tzaddi is not the star"
>>
>>19014577
Clearly, you have yet to read the Magical Tarot of the Golden Dawn and use the Golden Dawn deck, which is also extremely comprehensive (and doesn't tie in with Thelema).
>>
>>19014587
Interestingly enough, if you understand the Golden Dawn deck and the Rider-Waite deck, you should notice that ALL their cards carry the exact same meanings. That's to say, the Pictorial Key (excluding the images of the cards themselves) match exactly for both the Golden Dawn and Rider-Waite decks. The same goes for the Magical Tarot of the Golden Dawn.
>>
File: 853.jpg (884KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
853.jpg
884KB, 2048x1536px
>>19014048
>>
thoth and rider waite are the only uncorrupted decks..... using others is just dumb,,,,]
>>
Depends what you want. I learned on Rider Waite, and it's still there easiest for me to read. Thoth is hands down the most comprehensive, most detailed. There's a massive amount of information in there, but I don't like using it for reading. I think the Wildwood is the best looking. It mostly just sits on my shelf looking pretty though, I don't totally agree with some of the changes they made compared to classic decks
>>
Purely in terms of aesthetics, Rider Waite all the way. But thats just personal preference I suppose
>>
>>19014090
I have the deck and I love it
>>
>>19017596

Well, that's great. :) It's a very lovely deck. We just didn't "get along." I've had that happen with other decks as well.
>>
File: universal fantasy deck.jpg (117KB, 550x504px) Image search: [Google]
universal fantasy deck.jpg
117KB, 550x504px
>>19014090
I have that too mate, but same for me, it doesn't quite "click" I'm using pic related, and it works okay, but not quite that well. I still haven't found a deck that really does it for me yet.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.