/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are books like these worth reading or are they all complete bullshit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: Chariots_Of_The_Gods.jpg (28KB, 210x350px) Image search: [Google]
Chariots_Of_The_Gods.jpg
28KB, 210x350px
Are books like these worth reading or are they all complete bullshit?
>>
The good ones just present evidence (well, weird stuff) and let you do the thinking. Daniken's first few are fine. Avoid Sitchin, he's super out there.
>>
File: 176189962_1280x720.jpg (44KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
176189962_1280x720.jpg
44KB, 1280x720px
>>19011526
>tfw my fundy parents threw these books out because they thought they were evil
YOU CANNOT MAKE THIS SHIT UP
>>
bumping for more opinions
>>
>>19011526
Read that when I was 11. Fucked me up. Aliens are the scariest shit ever.
>>
>>19011526
Not really. You're better off reading philosophy if you want to get into some weird shit
>>
>>19011972
This. Aliens are scary but life is absolutely horrifying.
>>
>>19011526
Chariots of the Gods is great. Most of the ancient astronaut books that came out after, including Dänikens' other books, were basically rip offs of Chariots. Definitely read Chariots though.
>>
i wonder how many are paid disinformation and how many are poorly researched scams
>>
>>19012237
Also, Crash Go the Chariots--a reasoned take-down of von Daniken.
>>
>>19011526
>Are books like these worth reading
not really but they're not much worse than 4chan

>are they all complete bullshit?
Pretty much, yes.
>>
Daniken is bullshit. There are other sources. He just lumped a buncha shit together and went autistic on the rest.
>>
So the consensus is that these books are a waste of time?
>>
>>19013446
It's never a wasted of time to read about what other people believe. You have to know how your enemies think. That's what Machiavelli is all about.
>>
>>19013460
>Machiavelli
the man who never achieved
>>
>>19013475
How has he not achieve anything? People still remember him and study his book to this day. That's a great achievement.
>>
Are good and bullshit the only two options?

I don't believe ancient aliens theories but I came to that conclusion after reading books like this as well as counter arguments.

I will say this most of the stuff about alien influence on American, European, South Asian, and North African culture.feels like bullshit to me. The one thing that does make me pause is the less popular theories about the Sirius worshipping Dogon tribe. I'd love to read more research about them.
>>
Didn't Däniken himself admit to fabricating some parts of the book?
>>
>>19011526

They're pretty daffy, but fun.

Realtalk: at 14, this helped finish off my lingering religiosity.
>>
>>19011526

I prefer Sitchin's books these days.
>>
>>19011533
>Avoid Sitchin, he's super out there.

I will fight you. I based a whole D&D/Spelljammer campaign around his books (with a little von Daniken and Heyerdahl thrown in...and Thundercats).
>>
>>19011526
I've read two of those

Chariot od the Gods is pretty good and doesn't go full redpill/retard

I'm pretty sure the other one I read was pro nazi /psuedo Eqyptian propaganda. Alex Jones might have trouble with some of the other books conspiracies.
>>
File: 1473730378676.gif (2MB, 331x248px) Image search: [Google]
1473730378676.gif
2MB, 331x248px
>>19015680
>>
Some have good info based on solid research but it's hard to know what's true. Big grain of salt.
>>
>>19011526
He tells a good story but his claims were all pretty thoroughly debunked soon after publication. He throws out a lot of purported evidence about a lot of things that seems plausible on the surface, and you need to know a lot about the subject at hand to know when he's bullshitting you.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.