[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Serious Question What would you do if a meteor hits Earth?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3

File: collision_dune_comte.jpg (31KB, 362x188px) Image search: [Google]
collision_dune_comte.jpg
31KB, 362x188px
Serious Question

What would you do if a meteor hits Earth?
>>
>>19011288

Die
>>
>>19011288
Meteors hit the Earth every day.
I dont do much about it
>>
>>19011288
Meteors, by definition, burn up in the earth's atmosphere and don't make contact. You're thinking of meteorites, which hit the earth by the thousands every year.

This is a very stupid question.
>>
>>19011306
An Asteroid then or a Comet
>>
>>19011323
Wrong again. Asteroids and comets are bodies that orbit the sun. If one makes it through the earth's atmosphere intact, it is classified as a meteorite, which, as I said, hit earth every day.
>>
>>19011306
>>19011331
I think we all know what OP is talking about guys. Answer the question.
>>
>>19011331
you know what the fuck he means stop being annoying about it
>>
Just accept it. I'm not going to haul butt to the nearest bridge. Most likely it will make the climate unbearable bot if it's relatively nearby where it impacts then I suppose I would be as scared as the next person.
>>
>>19011331
pedantic twat
>>
I would stop it with my powers.
>>
>>19011343
>>19011339
This is gonna make me sound like an even bigger piece of shit, but it's a really vague question. Just how severe of a strike are we talking? Enough to wipe out all life on earth? Or just enough to cause an impact winter?
>>
>>19011371
tell us what you would do in both scenarios then, faggot. no one cares. are you autistic?
>>
Relax
>>
File: 1479788282082.jpg (36KB, 415x358px) Image search: [Google]
1479788282082.jpg
36KB, 415x358px
>>19011306
You knew what he meant

Depending on how much warning we got, I'd spend the remaining time getting really really spiritual
>>
Disco dance when the Earth go rumbly bumbly doo-dad what'sawho'snot
>>
>>19011371
>but it's a really vague question

You know full well what he's talking about and if you don't then you're a complete retard with no sense whatsoever for logic.
If the meteor is big enough to wipe out all life on Earth then we all die no matter what, which would render the question pointless. And as you so eloquently pointed out earlier, little ones hit the Earth every day and nobody notices, and it's a safe assumption that OP knows what we do in that scenario: not notice.

His question obviously has the following criteria in mind:
>big enough to be classified as a natural disaster
>not big enough to kill everyone, and obviously not you, the recipient of the question
>big enough to severely impact the way you normally live your day to day life

Now either quit being such a twat or seek a caretaker immediately, because you're obviously not intelligent enough to be out on your own in the world.
>>
Settle a few old scores, depending on the time I have. If not much time, I'm gonna be the guy running around asking "Wanna fuck?"
>>
it won't happen
>>
>>19011426
All right, I'm done. Just having a bit of fun, guess I'm too good at being annoying.

Serous answer: I'd try to make my way out to the country where I have some friends and relatives. they have a greenhouse where we could hopefully grow food and keep from starving, as well as enough guns to put up a decent resistance to anyone who tries to take it.
>>
>>19011452
>guess I'm too good at being annoying

Oh ok, see that fellas? He was just "pretending" to be a window licking retard.
>>
>>19011471
Isn't that what 4chan does best?
>>
>>19011388

This is a shitty fucking thread and you know it. If OP wants decent answers he should ask decent fucking questions.

This is one step above "WHAT IF GHOSTS R REAL???"
>>
>>19011288
What if 13 hit earth.

I remember back I 2000 when the news said something about 12 asteroids heading towards Earth. What ever happened to that?

Well anyway, just hang with family and friends I guess. If we had any knowledge of how much longer we had, we would divvy that up.

Do you think borders would open up if the world was going to end? It would probably be the only way to get a good plan of what to do next, I mean there is already a U.N. After te world gives all of its knowledge to itself, then it would probably have a plan B, for something like this. I'm sure there would have to be some SUPER SECRET treaty just in case something like this happened.
>>
>>19011480
>reeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>19011480
What kind of ghosts are we talking about?
>>
File: 1357256173317.png (2MB, 1044x3072px) Image search: [Google]
1357256173317.png
2MB, 1044x3072px
>>19011288
Play this song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNYqfIndWYI
>>
Probably hit up my dealer and go on a long ass binge so when I get obliterated I don't really feel it.
>>
>>19011290
Came here to post this.
>>
>>19011290
fpbp
>>
Die, probably.
>>
I would do what we did last time. Ride forth and purge the world of degeneracy to ensure a better future for white children!
>>
>>19011288
Catch on fire as the atmosphere superheats and then die
>>
If I had at least a day or two before being affected, I'd probably try to drive somewhere with mountains. Find a beautiful spot, reflect and wait to die. If I didn't have that much time, I'd still just try to get away as far as possible from town and people and just be alone in nature to think and wait. Might wank it and smoke one last cigarette
>>
>>19011288
Better question: What would you do if the sun hits Earth?
>>
>>19012080
Better question: what will you do when the Moon hits your eye?
>>
>>19012089
Like a big pizza pie?
>>
>>19012099
That's amore
>>
Why can't they just destroy anything incoming with a nuke or other big missile.

Yes the earth will still get hit by a shotgun blast of little rocks and people will die, but that's far better than a new ice age.

Just blow it up, and tell everyone to get indoors and in their basements and hope for the best.
>>
If an extinction level meteor impact occurred before environmental collapse I would be surprised and sardonically amused at the irony. I guess the smart thing to do would be to pack up as much ammo as possible and move south to somewhere close to a nuclear power plant.
>>
Jump to a world where it didn't happen.
>>
be up a unsanitary tributary without a primary means of transportation.
>>
>>19011331
Tfw to intelijint
>>
>>19011288
rape spree
>>
>>19011452
Pretending to be retarted ecks dee
>>
>>19011426

and yet ... 1/2 the serious replies in the thread are from people who assumed OP meant "what if you knew a meteorite was about to destroy life", which you said was "obviously" not what OP meant.

which implies it's not that obvious.

asking the OP of a thread to provide a reasonably detailed start to a conversation is not really an inexplicable act. calm down.
>>
>>19012112

nukes are good at destroying man-made structures and poisoning life with radiation.

they're not particularly good at destroying frozen balls of iron ore the size of texas.

the hippies who told you we have enough nukes to reduce the earth to grains of sand were exaggerating for dramatic effect. we have enough nukes to erase the human race but that's not the same thing at all.

we like to pretend that we've learned to dominate nature, just like hippie UFOlogists like to tell stories about how aliens are terrified of our nuclear weapons. the truth is that nature is scary, we are insignificant specs, and nukes are not really a big deal on any kind of cosmic scale (or anything that could impress a species with the tech needed to travel between stars).
>>
>>19014416
>they're not particularly good at destroying frozen balls of iron ore the size of texas
The goal of a nuclear strike against an asteroid is not to destroy it, but to redirect it. If the object subsequently breaks apart into manageable chunks that can burn up in-atmo, well, that's just a lucky break.
>>
>>19012076
>I'd probably try to drive somewhere with mountains
If a meteorite, large enough to cause an extinction-level event, were to be revealed on news to strike Earth in a matter of days, shit will be fucked. People will go nuts. where ever it touches down, chances are is that it will cause catastrophic flooding on all coastlines across the planet. It kinda sucks that the majority of human lives are concentrated along coasts.

Expect everyone to head to higher ground. Traffic will be soo terrible, traffic jams all over the place. If you live maybe an hour or two drive away from any mountains, you should be okay.

Unfortunately, I live approximately 25-30 miles away from the coast/beach and I live well over 200 miles away from higher ground that would survive the initial flooding. If anything big were to hit us, I know I'm pretty fucked. I'll accept my death and enjoy the last couple days the best I could. Rucking/biking towards higher ground would be possible, but good luck doing that and making it to the destination in one piece. looting/robbing/chaos would be common once news breaks out.
>>
>>19012089
Lmfao
>>
No joke, I'd probably go on a serious rape spree.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.