[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lucid dreaming thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8

File: v.jpg (542KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
v.jpg
542KB, 1920x1200px
Post stories, tips, etc
>>
If you look at your hands while dreaming, they will look different (fuzzy, distorted, extra fingers ect.)

So check your hands often. You will eventually do it automatically in your dream and realize you are dreaming.
>>
I don't know what you're talking about. My hands always look normal. So does everything I read. I don't think that's true for most people.
>>
Somewhat related? Try to look at clocks in your dreams. Your mind can't properly interpret time in your dreams and you'll see really weird shit. Like looking at the time and seeing it reads 325°F o'clock because the clock is counting time in temperature levels. Dreaming brains be weird~.
>>
>>19011133
m8, I do things like check my hands, memory check, check the time on my phone vs the clock, physics check, pain. The mind can easily get around all of those things.

The only way I can know I'm entering a lucid dream is if I entered it with my consciousness intact, which is pretty hard to do.
>>
>>19011088
I once wrote "A" (for awake, or asleep) in tiny print on my wrist (where my sleeve would cover it up) and tried to look at it at least every half hour to get in the habit of checking if I was dreaming, so it might become a habit I do in dreams, but i didn't do it very often so it didn't work. Although this thread has reminded me about lucid dreaming, gonna start a dream journal again
>>
Been doing this for years. I've become very good at conjuring up a lucid dream. Quite proud of it actually. It's an experience everyone should seek out. I typically go lucid once or twice every week. That isn't counting the small stuff.
>>
>>19011760
Any surefire tips? (other than "wake back to sleep", i can't be seeing off alarms during my rem cycle and waking up others)
>>
File: IMG_0129.jpg (30KB, 409x393px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0129.jpg
30KB, 409x393px
One of my favorites I ever had was two summers ago:

>wake up
>go outside
>it's snowing during the hottest time of the year
>"what the fu-OH, I'm dreaming..."
>fucken MOOOOOOOON JUUUUUUUMP
>there's a construction crane in the yard
>tap the top with my feet
>"THIS IS AWESOME"
>land in front of neighbor's house
>kick in door
>horrified Latino family I've never seen is inside
>kid is playing on the floor
>punt the fucker across the room
>rip the mom's pants off
>the dad starts punching me
>IT'S UNAFFECTIVE
>weird police guys appear
>they chase me while holding giant pulsating spiders
>nope
>go outside
>moon jump again
>FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
>YOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUU
>police guys are still chasing me up in the air
>wake up

Was so detailed it made me wonder if I had projected into some strange dimension and just started wrecking shit.
>>
>>19011845
Kek'd
>>
>>19011760
I know all about clocks and hands, but I often forget that
My only way to lucid dream is usually when I stop to ask myself what I am doing, how I got here and whatnot, and that usually quickly tells me if I'm dreaming because of he inconsitencies, but this happens rarely.

Any tips how to make it more common?
>>
>>19011845
first time I had a lucid dream I tried to fuck some girl in the street, was successful at first until all passers by started looking daggers at us, kinda killed the mood. Despite them being figments of my imagination they still had an impact. Thought I had done something really bad or something. Despite it literally not mattering one bit cos it was a dream
>>
What's the best way to induce a dream in the first place so I can become lucid? I can generally do it by this point, when I dream, but that's pretty rare
>>
>>19011845
>>19012042

Let's say it's not another dimension and it is just your own mind, the negative response the dream gave you for your actions should tell you that not even you are impressed with your actions.

I'm not having a stab, I did this shit all too often, but It is so much more rewarding when you align your dreams with your true beliefs
>>
I read somewhere that if you meditate while in a lucid dream you have an amazing spiritual experience or something like that. Anyone ever tried it?
>>
>>19011088
start a dream journal. this will increase vividness.
do reality checks while awake. I do one every hour by just pressing my fingers into my palm. The key to doing a reality check is expecting it to happen.
Clocks and books in dreams are weird. One minute they'll say 9:00 next it'll be 2:00. Always ask yourself if you're dreaming
>>
File: 1484323699789.jpg (2MB, 2648x1606px) Image search: [Google]
1484323699789.jpg
2MB, 2648x1606px
>>19011088
how do you guys set up your dream locations?
I try to envision the place I want and the things to do, but I dream something else and therefore dont notice it as a dreamscape
and if I do realize im dreaming I can change the environment. every time I try I get too excited and wake up
>>
File: 1436545406298.jpg (8KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1436545406298.jpg
8KB, 200x200px
>>19011845
you ever think the people we encounter in our dreams are real people dreaming too, and that everyone dreams combine into their own dream purgatory world so when you do shit like this youre giving somebody else a nightmare
>>
>>19014656
what am I suppose to do with those though? Ive got literally a whole note book full of gibberish stories
am I suppose to recreat the same dreams, because I cant
>>
>>19011088
im known in my area for dealing with paranormal. stupid ass ghost hunting and blessings, talk to people about paranormal experiences and what not.
get a call at 3 am from my ex roommate's pregnant girlfriend crying she had a nightmare that felt SO real. spend the next hour going through what it could be. end of convo found out she was aware she was dreaming in said nightmare. stupid bitch had a lucid dream that turned on her.
>>
>>19016027
Who cares? Bitches shoulda moon jumped if they didn't like it.
>>
Once I had a dream where I was in a weird school with similar floor tiles and walls like my real elementary. I remember something about having to dig holes with shovels outside. Then I was standing in the hallway and I was like "Oh shit this is a dream", so I started punching out in front of me for some reason, then the punches got slower and slower. Then I think I woke up.
>>
File: 467857896980.jpg (68KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
467857896980.jpg
68KB, 720x480px
>>19011845
>>
Whenever I try to control my dreams after getting lucid I either forget and get derailed by the plot or end up waking up to minor sleep paralysis. My brain doesn't seem to like me messing around in dreams and they literally melt away into reality or I jolt myself awake.
>>
>>19016039
I use it to notice trends
watch some war movies, I have more dreams about guns or war, that sort of thing. It also helps arrange my sleep schedule, I have better more vivid dreams recorded if I do X that night
>>19011580
>>19011742
I recommend this too. Record what little dreams you have and changes in sleep schedules. Going to be earlier, later, hungry, high, ect could make a difference
>>
File: 1415073561335.gif (808KB, 450x337px) Image search: [Google]
1415073561335.gif
808KB, 450x337px
>>19016019
i just go with whatever, my mind feels pretty quick when it comes to setting up the area(s). i try to focus on the lighting and mood of a place and let my subconscious fill in the rest as i go
>>
File: tumblr_mv3ygtNqAw1srd30jo1_1280.jpg (151KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mv3ygtNqAw1srd30jo1_1280.jpg
151KB, 800x600px
>>19011768
someone in a dreaming thread years ago said they would try to have a nightmare straight off, and its worked for me.

i can get lucid easiest lying on my back as well, and just imagine a nightmare feeling, usually involving the room im sleeping in, just focus on a creepy feeling, and try to get up out of your lying body as soon as you can notice youre fully asleep.
>>
File: 1489501209776.png (158KB, 410x427px) Image search: [Google]
1489501209776.png
158KB, 410x427px
>>19016055
>floor tiles
>>
>>19011153
its about expectation plus belief actually. op read somewhere online(dreamviews most likely) that your hands are weird in dreams, so some time after when he looked at them in a dream, hey presto anon has seven fingers now. its the same way you summon shit in dreams or do anything out of the ordinary really

>open draw expecting to find a sweet ass six shooter
>its in there

Lucid dreaming is fun, and the only limitation in your imaginaton
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.