[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kailasanathar Temple

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (404KB, 1200x901px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
404KB, 1200x901px
18 years to carve from top-down. Impossible to accomplish with today's technologies. How was it done in the past?
>>
>>19010681
Very carefully.
>>
how the fuck is that in any way impossible ?

just give me a hammer and a chisel and enough time and motivation and id carve it myself
>>
File: IMG_9221.jpg (178KB, 800x564px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9221.jpg
178KB, 800x564px
>>19010681
And I raise you Lalibela. Legend has it that angels used to show up at night and help out etc..
>>
>>19010681
You forget about Petra.
Built with the same care in a even most difficult place to do it.
>>
>>19010706
This. Lol

I bet a bunch of Mexicans with power tools could do it in 6 months
>>
>>19010681
OP, your either badly misinformed or completely retarded. It's not rock cut architecture. It's stone built architecture cut out of granite (foundations) and sandstone (superstructure).

/thread
>>
>How was it done in the past

hammers and chisels, retard.
>>
File: IMG_9222.jpg (152KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9222.jpg
152KB, 800x600px
>>19010709
According to Wikipedia one of the rock hewn churches is believed to be the largest monolithic church in the world.
>>
>>19010706
To accomplish it, they would have to had carve out 5 tons of rock per hour for 18 years non-stop. Again, something that cannot be achieved today.
>>
File: moais4.jpg (84KB, 591x379px) Image search: [Google]
moais4.jpg
84KB, 591x379px
Carving stone giants in a remote pacific island was also an herculean task, that seem to have a hidden angle to it.
>>
>>19010745
>large chunk of rock, want to subtract out into structure
>begin by designing subtraction in slices
>designate largest subtractable areas
>bore holes, splash with boiling vinegar
>exposed rock turns to mush
>designate second largest subtractable area
>lather, rinse, repeat on smaller scale
>after large chunks of material have been removed the stonecarvers can get strait to work
Is at least hypothetically possible.
>>
File: aliens.jpg (31KB, 461x403px) Image search: [Google]
aliens.jpg
31KB, 461x403px
>>19010681

>The Revelation Of The Pyramids (Documentary)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fS9ixfQ_no
>>
>>19010681
magic
>>
>>19010844
what kind?
White, Black or Mulatto?
>>
>>19010681
A guy just finished carving a an art studio into limestone over the last 25 years as a personal sanctuary by himself. You dont think coordinated slave labor could do an entire city?

https://youtu.be/oxcftjJ39BU sauce
>>
>>19010706
OP said it's impossible because all capable humans have left the region.
>>
>>19010857
bindi
>>
>>19010681
It's perfectly possible. You just have a hard time accepting a bunch of brown people from 1500 years were perfectly capable of creating something without the help of space aliens.
>>
>>19011654
no, OP said it's impossible because he's racist and myopic from spending his life in some crappy suburb in a place like Tucson.
>>
>>19010681
Slave labor!
>>
>>19010681
>Impossible to accomplish with today's technologies.

You incredible fucking retard.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.