[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need to learn how to let go of my ego. I really want to do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 18839190283.jpg (67KB, 700x368px) Image search: [Google]
18839190283.jpg
67KB, 700x368px
I need to learn how to let go of my ego. I really want to do this. I am surrounded by people who draw this out of me and I don't feel good about constantly having to bring it out.
Does anyone have any information or methods to get better at letting go?
>>
>>19010359
Why would you let go of your ego? It's basically you.

Buddhism
u
d
d
h
i
s
m
>>
>>19010388
I dunno, I hate being angry all the time. People say things that make me feel a certain way but its very stupid to even be hung up on such things. Id rather not make things important that shouldn't be.
>>
>>19010400
Wouldn't it make more sense to let go of your hatred or anger before you let go of your ego?

And what's wrong with being angry or feeling hate?
>>
>>19010359
Let go of the notion the you are the best at anything.
>>
start by letting go of your attention seeking urges. i used to be a massive egoistic bitch and i find it easier to suppress it when i just quit seeking for attention and approvals.
>>
>>19010359
Yoga. Eventually you can learn samadhi
>>
Losing your ego is the only true way to become free. No ego means no false conclusions, no delusions, just understanding. Just the knowledge that you exist here as nothing more than another piece of life.

A simple method of dissolution is staring into a mirror. Not just in the bathroom or whatever, though that'll work if nothing else. But ideally, it's best to buy a mirror or find one, at least a full body sized one, and place it wherever you can do a sort of meditation. Sit in front of the mirror in a comfortable position. Just look at yourself. Look at all of your physical features, look into your own eyes. You don't have to become meditive in this, just pay absolute attention to your features. Do this as long as possible. At least 30 minutes. After that, place both hands on the mirror, gaze at both hands for about a minute each, then back at your face for at least another 15 minutes.

Do this every day. At least 1 hour total a day. The more time you do it, the quicker the results. Good luck OP.
>>
>>19010750
You literally cannot lose it permanently while alive. The closest on can get is samadhi. Even those who cross the abyss don't permanently.
>>
>>19010905
You can in fact lose it permanently. However, you cannot do so and still live a "normal life". You wouldn't be able to hold a job, or even friendships/relationships. You'd have to live alone for your whole life. Though, being egoless, this would not bother you.
>>
>>19010359
If by ego you mean a sense of self a life of meditation is proven to actually make it harder for your mind to separate you and the environment around you. There was a study done on Buddhist monks and they all had diminished capacity to separate themselves and the world around them on a physical level.
>>
How do you feed yourself if you've kicked your ego out but still remain trapped in your physical body op
>>
>>19010359
honestly just eat a big bag of shrooms. repeat this once a month or so for a few months.
>>
>>19010359
Do an opossite exercise, instead of thinking of yourself as intelligent think of yourself as dumb, instead of tall short and so on, find the creatures or people that you find opposite to the characteristics you see in yourself and compare yourself to them and try to find what makes you closer to them instead of elevating you above them,

Be humble, be simple and be someone else.
>>
File: 3 cubes.png (9KB, 819x460px) Image search: [Google]
3 cubes.png
9KB, 819x460px
>>19010615
THIS
>>
Stop desiring.

Then stop desiring not to desire.

Then realise that it is enough to try your best to not desire not to desire.

Then the next step, which you will understand by yourself.
>>
Those guys have no idea what they are talking about. To lose your ego you have to either kill yourself or take nearly leathal dose of psychodelics/dissociatives, but that way is rather a reset than anything else. Meditation is just a longer way in making yourself a shizo
>>
>>19010359
You're less intelligent than everyone else, now. You lack the ability to judge before proper assessment. gj, no ego. Try not being a pussy and doing LSD or DMT; if drugs aren't your thing, try sitting down and aligning your spine straight (so that you don't fucking fall asleep) and meditate for hours until you see the flaws in yourself. Until you see the flaws in yourself, that you constantly point out in others, you will never achieve ego-death.
>>
>>19013096
Meditation is a black/white scenario. If your true purpose is black, meditation will achieve this -- also the other way around. It's introspective at the core,however, if you lack spiritual/moral/natural discipline or values you may see what is real but you'd rather be a schizophrenic lie.
>>
>>19012154
Which is literally the point...so what's your point?
>>
>>19010359
Having it shattered. Having it so broken by so many people that you need to discard it to survive.
>>
>>19014394
This is a neat metaphor but in reality the more your feelings get hurt the more focused on yourself you become.
>>
OP, the best advice I can give you is to google Ashtavakra Gita, and also Avadhuta Gita. Realize your liberation smoothly!
>>
Start by day dreaming. Its a good way to escape reality. Also life your neck, if the place under your chin is squishing itself then ull be more angry becasue you block ur breathing.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.