[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First Time Sleep Paralysis Experience

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: sleepp.jpg (15KB, 650x365px) Image search: [Google]
sleepp.jpg
15KB, 650x365px
/pol/ here.

I rarely visit this board for several reasons, the biggest reason is I think half the users that come to this board are loony toons with mental disabilities.

So last night I experienced the most terrifying experience in my life. I can't stop thinking about it and not only that, what I saw seems to be something very similar others have experienced after doing research on this issue.

>go to sleep last night.
>be sleeping peacefully, laying on stomach.
>open eyes, head is facing to the right.
>hear footsteps in my room, I try to say who is there but can't say anything
>feel something getting onto my bed, start seeing blackish smoke.
>feel two hands, long fingers, most disgusting feeling ever touch my shoulders and press onto them.
>suddenly this shadowy figure thing starts sitting on me and I can't breathe
>suffocating, im trying to scream, wiggling my right hand trying to move
>feels like an eternity is passing, I'm about to pass out from no oxygen
>suddenly my right hand breaks free and I turn around, im sweating and turn onto my back, seeing the figure vanish into thin air.
What the fuck is this shit /x/? Anyone else see the same thing I saw? I couldn't tell if it was a male, or female, eyes. Just a cloaked figure that looked like smoke forming in air.

I wasn't sleeping and was fully awake, I've never hallucinated in my life. Any one else see or experience what I saw /x/? People think I'm crazy.

Pic very related.
>>
>>19009347

That's pretty much exactly what my own sleep paralysis experiences have been like OP, as well as a great fit to what sleep paralysis experts describe it as. I'm glad you opened by saying half of /x/ is retarded, because it's probably closer to 3/4 of /x/ and without any doubt at all someone is going to tell you it's a demon or alien or ghost or whatever.

Here's my own sleep paralysis for comparison:

>"wake up" but can't move anything except my eyes to look around the room
>start to panic because I feel like I can't breathe and also can't move to help it
>feels like something is sitting on my chest and I become convinced that something actually is
>looking around start to see something black and shadowy in the corner waving its arms slowly
>"realize" it's instructing something else to push down on my chest that I can't see, or sometimes that it has long black arms that are reaching out to do it
>panic my ass off, but can't move
>shadows get worse, sometimes feel like multiple shadows show up, or the one is getting bigger and closer
>either pass out an wake up fine, or somethin happens like the doorbell rings or a cat jumps up or whatever and my body wakes up and I realize it was all goddamn paralysis

The first few times this happened I lost my shit and went full /x/ demon attack about it. Then I researched sleep paralysis, realized I was having what is basically a forced conscious dream, and since then when it happens I can tell myself what's going on and either just grunt through it knowing what's up or sometimes "will" myself awake by focusing on moving my toes.

Anyway, enjoy the bullshit answers people are going to give you.
>>
>>19009361

Also, when this happens it is *always* because I'm sleeping in either a really awkward setting - like laying on my stomach on the couch, or I fell asleep fully clothed without expecting to fall asleep, basically I wasn't "ready" to fall asleep and I ended up doing it. I have never had it happen when I get ready and roll into bed and just have a normal night, it's always when I do something stupid or awkward.
>>
>>19009363

OP here. I normally fall asleep on my stomach, usually a 50/50 on whether it's my back or stomach. No medications taken, I'm extremely healthy, have never had any wacko experiences of hearing voices.

I went to bed last night, like I do any other night. The biggest thing that's making me bonkers about this experience is because everytime in the past I hear about mirages, or illusions, I dismiss them as insane or people just making stuff up for a story.

I truly can say, for the first time, I was wide awake and saw this "thing' with my own eyes. That's the most striking thing that makes this thing for me the more terrifying.
>>
There is a Brazilian legend called the Pisadeira
(translates to Stomper) and that is exatly what she does, climbs on you and suffocate you stepping on your back or chest during sleep paralysis. The description of the fingers also is rigth.
>>
>>19009429

I couldn't tell you if it was a she, I don't recall her saying anything. What I remember are heavy footsteps and I will never forget the feeling is long fingers grabbing hold of me.
>>
>>19009347
Don't sweat it, OP.

Sleep Paralysis is explained by science, your body was "waking up". The feeling of pressure is your chest on sleep mode "waking up". As for the shadow figures, it was your mind trying to cope with all that new sensations plus being half awake.

Or, you know, interdimensional spirits trying to sit on you.
>>
>>19009462
Some say she laughs while suffocating, but mostly she is silent. Anything else you could tell me about it?
Dont worry too much I have sleep paralysis all the time and the "beings" never physically
harmed me too badly.
>>
>>19009369
as a person who also has sleep paralysis, every single thing you said in your op post is an exact description of sleep paralysis.

you're freaking out because you've never had it. but there are millions of people who have it all the time. it's normal to be freaked out, but it's a legitimate thing that happens all the time and has a very real explanation that has been studied and proven.
>>
i've had sleep paralysis since i was a kid, you get used to it, there's ways to wake yourself up and ways to turn it into a lucid dream

you're fine

my experiences haven't been exactly like yours, but yours is pretty typical nonetheless

it's pretty funny that you'll call people mental then get bent out of shape over a meaningless nightmare and ask if there's more to it than just that, thanks for the laugh /pol/

maybe it was jewish trick trying to make you weak
>>
>>19009500

My face is facing the right, which is where my door is. I have a window that faces behind me when I sleep. I heard distinct foot steps. At first I thought it was my sister walking about the house.

When this "thing" passed the corner of my eye, I felt my bed get lower as it get on top of me. Ever have a girlfriend or someone come up behind you and hug you or lay on top of you? That's the best way I can describe it.

I felt the hands first, crawl up on to me, fingers were very long and cold. I honestly can't describe the touch, it was unworldly. The hands grab me tightly by the shoulders as it plants itself right on my back and I feel that I'm suffocating.

I tried moving right hand, since my right hand was off on the edge of the bed. I honestly think it was a good minute, as it felt like I was about to pass out to no oxygen. I swing my right arm across and turn around. The figure fades into smoke and I glance at the window.

I covered my face in sheets and stared at the ceiling for 20 minutes, waiting to see if it would come back. I fell asleep, woke up and felt violated. I still do. I feel disgusting for no reason what so ever and I can't stop thinking about it.
>>
Posting my experience from about 6 years ago:

>Visiting family in France for Skiing and Christmas
>Not used to this level of cold
>It's December and I'm from Florida, get a cough and a little sick after a few days from totally different climate.
>Find cough syrup in house, read ingredients, no opiates.
(Can't remember what it was exactly, but the active ingredient(s) are not common in US)
>Always do my research before I take any medicine I don't know, seems pretty safe, mild, so I take a normal amount.
>Go to sleep on third floor in a small kind of storage room alone with my sleeping bag (House was full, women and children priority on beds)
>Actually pretty comfy, dark
>Wake up after what feels like only a couple minutes (Don't remember how long it was exactly)
>Overwhelming sense of dread, like I am literally about to die
>Can't move, can't speak
>It feels like there is something behind my head just sitting there with its hands out above me
>There is an intense pressure in the air, kind of like a white noise but low and rumbling, heavy, like everything is vibrating.
>Can vaguely see shifting figures in the room, black and formless, moving around the room
>keeps up for what feels like 15 mins
>Hard to breathe, trying VERY hard to just move my foot
>Eventually break free
>gtfo to kitchen and go back to sleep after ~2 hours terrified trying to stay up.

Didn't tell anyone, never touched that cough medicine again.
Happened once before on a trip between two countries in Europe in the backseat of a van(no demon juice then) after everyone got out to eat late at night and I wanted to sleep. That time was much more vivid, like a lucid nightmare with paralysis, voices, and the name of whatever central entity was "causing" it, I don't remember it exactly as I did, but it was also terrifying and I was sobbing (despite being 18 back then) because there was also an intense sorrow to it.

I wrote it down an hour or so after and It's in my old docs on my computer at home.
>>
>>19009539
OP, you came into this thread saying your biggest problem with /x/ is all the bullshit. Then when you have 9/10 posts telling you all about sleep paralysis and sharing how their experiences are pretty much exactly the same as yours, you gravitate to the only person telling you it's some sort of South American ancient spirit.

What are you doing?
>>
>>19009571
Just for the record,
I never believed any of it was "spoopy ghosts and demons" or other supernatural things (though I don't rule out what I don't know).

I tried to figure out the meaning of the name I heard in the other one, but couldn't figure it out, I'll try to find the doc I saved and post it later if anyone is interested
>>
>>19009539
I never actualy experienced the Pisadeira myself.
But the way you describe it, its just how the legend goes. I dont think the Pisadeira is a single entity, I believe its more of a kind of being then just one spirit.
By what I know of the legend she dosent come back to the same person, with few exceptions.
The feelings of dread and fear should pass with time, 2 or 3 days.
For now try not to get too exhausted so you have less of a chance of sleep paralysis, try to clear your mind.
Also:Do you feel any phisical pain?
>>
OP, sleep paralysis has a very scientific explanation. Hallucinations show us that brain, being the responsible of how we perceive the world through senses, can make us experience almost anything sense related.

When you're falling asleep, your body 'disconnect' itself in order to prevent you from moving, talking, walking (In a disorder called sleepwalking, your brain doesn't properly do that function!) so you don't hurt yourself.

Sleep paralysis is kinda the reverse. When waking up, your brain does wake it up but your body and sensorial functions doesn't properly. Hence you can see, hear and feel, but you can't move, because your body is still into this 'disconnected' state.

Since when asleep our breath and cardiac rhythm get slower, you have the feeling of getting choked or losing breath. The brain being awake tries to make the better sense out of the world around you having your body paralized and senses numb, and what we know about our brain is that it follows patterns and try to make sense of everything. Having your body paralized and heart rate slowed down, you hear or perceive any small sound or sight and your brain makes a story out of it. A scary one, due to the situations of your bodies.
>>
>>19010260
My brother has experienced sleep paralysis a couple of times, but his fears are more tangible. We live in a sesmic country, so his last sleep paralysis was that the roof of his room collapsed over him due to an earthquake and he couldn't breath.

/x/ is not full of loonies. It's been my favorite board for years, and I am the most skeptical person in this world. I just find this topics interesting as a matter of fiction or to get a grasp of the different cultural explanations for things that seem 'paranormal'.
>>
File: original.jpg (133KB, 1200x794px) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
133KB, 1200x794px
>>19009347
>Half the users that come to this board are loony toons
>loony toons
>toons

Well shucks OP you're in the wrong darn dimension
Seem like nasty demons sitting on your chest may be the least of your problems...
>>
>>9010302

I laughed harder than I should have.
>>
>>19010532
who the hell types out the post number they are replying to manually? Also this pretty much sums it up >>19010260
>>
>>19009347
Fellow /pol here who frequents /x. (Not all here are loony toons or have mental disabilities, you faggot, lol.)

I used to have a problem with sleep paralysis. I'd wake up, unable to move, with a suffocating weight upon my chest. One time when I woke up, the shadow of a human was leaning over me, though it seemed like they were checking to see if I was okay. When they saw me awake, they ran out of the room.

I was honestly terrified.

A friend took me with them to a Catholic Mass one day, and I had this warm feeling that everything was okay.

I suddenly stopped having the paralysis dreams. It was like a switch had been flipped.

So, I converted. (And now I sit here VERY UNHAPPY with the current Pope.)

I don't know what to tell you. Hopefully you only had one hellish sleep paralysis experience. I just wanted to share my experience with chronic paralysis, and that I don't think attending Mass and the experiences vanishing was a coincidence.
>>
>>19010267
>/x/ is not full of loonies. It's been my favorite board for years, and I am the most skeptical person in this world. I just find this topics interesting as a matter of fiction or to get a grasp of the different cultural explanations for things that seem 'paranormal'.

I started with /pol. Then one day I posted a board that was albeit off topic, but relating to the paranormal. A mod took the time to move my board here, and I was like, "Oh, hello!" I really like it here. :)
>>
>>19009347
I get sleep pararlysis often. But in all my sleep paralysis experiences there has never not once been a shadowy figure sitting on my chest or compressing it or what not. Its always just me in the very same environment/place that im sleeping. Nothing is ever there that i can see, everything seems "silent and still" (like a high definition version of silence like you can hear the stillness of the air) and there is always a horrifying atmosphere. Like i can sense somthing there in my immeadiate presence. Most times when i finally managed to wake up, i am still very sleepy and just barly awake i fall right back asleep and right back into sleep paralysis. Sucks.
>>
File: 1481102480852.png (1MB, 506x629px) Image search: [Google]
1481102480852.png
1MB, 506x629px
Fellow /polack reporting for duty. I first started going here only to discuss lucid dreaming, but I took a liking to this place. What I don't like about /x is roleplaying and other manifestations of autism. But excluding the above mentioned faggotry, this place has a lot to offer in terms of interesting discussions and topics.
>>
>>19009604
Lol
>>
>>19009347
Lmao my nigga! Am also /pol/ack and I had sleep paralysis as well
>Be me 5 years ago
>Drink with friends in shitty basement apartment
>Get really drunk and high, take nap in room
>Wake up, can't move my body and I'm vibrating
>See a psychedelic floating orb over my chest telling me to give myself to them
>Wake up and never want to go back to sleep
>>
i experienced my first sleep paralysis last night aswell.
but i hear a girl voice. the only thing i understand is
"then death (comes)".
i never experienced anything like this.
perfectly healty, not in depression or something like that.
i did not do anything unusual.
i did not eat anything unusual.
>>
>>19010786
or drink.
>>
Never saw anything, but sensations and strange sounds like fierce wind on my ears
>>
>>19010792
Sleep paralysis doesn't require an external cause. Sometimes, it just happens.
>>
>>19009347
Wake up. You were dreaming. What's your name?
>>
>>19009347
>/pol/ here.
Fuck off back to your nazi shitboard.
>>
>>19010870
half of the populace of /x are /polacks you insufferable newfag
>>
>>19009347
Basically how mine go except sometimes I see full on people with disfigured faces and wearing some kind of religious robes. They'll be chanting while one approches me.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.