[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sensomancy General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

File: senses.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
senses.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
Ever wonder what it's like to create feelings on your skin? Control your dreams? Dull pain with your mind? This is what I call sensomancy, the control of your senses.

Here is my discord : https://discord.gg/F3sUzgr

Welcome to the sensomancy general.
>>
Just what are you talking about? Imposing hallucinations onto your senses like tulpamancy?
>>
>>19007435
Yes tulpamancy is an example of sensomancy. Though sensomancy is a broader category.
>>
File: BreAl.jpg (69KB, 960x1080px) Image search: [Google]
BreAl.jpg
69KB, 960x1080px
>>19007449
Well don't leave me hanging Anon. Give some exercises, explanations, or techniques. What is your personal experience with sensomancy?
>>
>>19007340
Can you sensomancy others with your mind? If not then it's all mind tricks.
Would be interesting to see how much control, or lack of someone has fucking around with their senses.
>>
Can you use this to feel love?
>>
>>19007474
What did pic mean by this?
>>
>>19007608
Visualization practice
>>
>>19007503
check the bliss stuff from dan winter
>>
>>19007474
Sorry for the delayed response. I needed some sleep. One method one anon told me that has proven very effective is holding a pencil near the skin without it touching you. You then form the expectation that it will touch you. Should get a tingling feeling. Very effective method for beginners who have never done it before I found. You can also look into chi practices which are also very effective in getting to feel your body and begin to manipulate it's senses. Meditation also helps especially if you want to create your own mental realm. Astral projection has a lot to do with perception and while you are astral projecting I've found you can create your own little world to withdraw to for a time. Very interesting stuff anyway.
>>
>>19007491
You may be able to manipulate animals. I did some experiments trying to project emotions and got responses from animals. I can't say for sure though perhaps I was just perceiving what I wanted to perceive.
>>
>>19007503
If you mean to experience the feeling of loving something or someone yes. It's a simple matter of convincing yourself you love that someone or something. I can even move the feeling of love around my body.
>>
>>19007340
So is this the faggy NEET cult-leader wannabe general?
>>
>>19008824
Well yes it is. Everyone outside this group is evil and you shouldn't trust them. Also buy my book.
>>
>>19008824
Seriously though. What makes you think I'm a cult leader?
>>
So basic energy manipulation then? Atleast that's what i picked up from the thread, focusing on parts of the body or certain senses in order to amplify them is pretty common thing, basically what most psychic/qigong/energy manipulation crap tells you to do. It's very initial and basic practice though, there are techniques in certain martial arts and cultivation methods that channel either qi ot spirit through certain acupoints for amplification and transmutation, then use it to enchance hearing and eyesight to superhuman levels for short amounts of time and shit like that.
>>
>>19008971
What is the energy that's meant to be manipulated here? Is it tangible?
>>
>>19008971
In a sense yes if you believe in chi. Though I haven't mastered it to the point where there is some superhuman effect other than dulling pain to the point it would be unbelievable to some.
>>
Why are Anglophones so fucking ignorant?
>sensomancy, the control of your senses.
μαντεία (manteía), "divination by means of"
are you performing divination by means of your senses? if not, don't fucking call it sensomancy.
>>
>>19007340
What about the 6th, psychic sense?
>>
>>19008939
probably how you are proposing this whole 'sensomancy' thing like controlling your own fucking senses is a magic art.
>>
>>19009249
I meant it more in it's modern uses. Necromancy is no longer defined as divination by the dead even if it was previously.

>definitions should never change

You obviously don't understand the nature of language.
>>
>>19009259
I wouldn't be opposed if you explored it. I personally am skeptical of the sixth sense. Though I imagine if you can manipulate all the other senses then you can manipulate a sixth one.
>>
>>19008995
tangible is a physical quality while energy is the building blocks of all of this 'physical' stuff. You Feel it, but you don't necessarily touch it or see it. You must become aware of it's presence.
>>
>>19009175
>if you believe in chi
you do know that "chi" is literally the Chinese word equivalent for the English word 'energy'. you can call it chi, ki, prana, energy, whatever the fuck language you speak it's the same essence you are tapping into.
>>
>>19009267
This coming from the guy who spend time on a board where tulpas are considered magical. I was going to call it "Prolisensum" or "controlling senses" in latin.
>>
>>19007340
>https://discord.gg/F3sUzgr
Is this just something alchemists do to past the time at the bus stop?
>>
>>19009274
I think it's more like if you become aware of your 6th sense, the psychic awareness, the eyes of the unseen, you will better control your physical senses in the fashion you are proposing.
>>
>>19009281
Just because people think things on this board I frequent doesn't mean i think them too. Also, i'm not the guy who initially implied you were a cult leader I was just saying what i wanted to because reasons.
>>
>>19007340
Basically thought forms
>>
>>19009285
It doesn't really require that. I'm not sure I see your point. Please elaborate on why you think so.
>>
This is already a thing and its called self hypnosis.
>>
>>19009334
The next level, so to speak.
>>
>>19009293
I wasn't implying that you think that too. I was just trying to make you understand not everything portrayed as magical has to actually be magical. There are usually scientific explanations for quite a few things considered magical. I just wanted some word that would appeal to /x/.
>>
>>19009342
Well that isn't exactly a why but OK.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.