[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Transhumanists

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 10

File: image.jpg (81KB, 700x710px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81KB, 700x710px
Do you think we will reach a genetic or cybernetic transhuman level in our lifetimes? Supposedly we just need to start bumping up our remaining life expectancy a non-negligible amount each year believe we feedback loop ourselves into agelessness. I would love to experience my childhood fantasies without the burden of time. I hope we are but I don't think we deserve it or are mature enough as a society for it to happen any time soon. That's not a political issue, people are just too short sighted and petty in general.

On a slight tangent since the odds are looking bad for agelessness and even if we stopped aging our universe will die; how do you guys come terms with mortality? I don't believe in anything and the idea of eternal life or eternal death is equally mentally tiring. I don't claim to know all there is about anything either but nobody has shown me any evidence of a he supernatural and I would really like to hear what convinced you guys of your beliefs. My last thread got axed when I wanted to sbe risky get the neophytes guide to mysticism so please be kind.
>>
Not if you're a nigger. Can't fix that with all the nanotech in the world.
>>
>>19007026
Next time at least try to get board related image in your OP, so you can avoid the moronic replies.
>>
File: giphy.gif (500KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
500KB, 500x333px
>>19007034
This, not even Lain herself would approve of niggers.

In a more serious note... I don't mind dying even if it means my failure as transhumanist, because I know I will donate something to Transhumanism before I die.

Also you forgot that if we succeed in giving us eternal life we would ascend to the point where we could create our own Universes and in consequence become gods.
>>
>>19007062
Yeah, I was on mobile and just had that random pic on my phone and needed an image. Also F me I guess since I'm of the melanin-enriched demographic kek

>>19007068
We don't know if it's physically possible to both create and occupy a new universe. It's apparently theoretically possible to create one but I don't know if we could exist within it.
>>
>>19007068
If you could become a god, would you not already be one?
>>
File: 1494577896307.jpg (32KB, 832x624px) Image search: [Google]
1494577896307.jpg
32KB, 832x624px
>>19007102
Everything has been theorical at some time.
If we could create antimatter(and micro-black holes that lasted femtoseconds) by ourselves I have a real belief in that we will create our own pocket Universes.
>>19007128
With our current tech? Impossible. Give it 25years for the neural-cibernetic interfacing and then we will see.
>>
That's what the elites are hoping for. Us proles are not included.
>>
>>19007026
Life is fucking misery as it is, why would I want this?
>>
>>19007147
What happens if your cyborg body breaks though...even this earth and this universe in which your neural network exists will cease to be someday and then what of your universe? Is it possible for our consciousness and creative power to be completely independent of any physical structure to support it? This is what the other anon meant by being able to create a universe but not exists within it. If you exist within it, you are linked to some piece of matter that will ultimately degrade over time, but without that piece of physical matter to link to, you revert to a god that exists as the entire universe unable to perceive itself. Catch my drift? That's why all the philosophers of old have suggested that we are all god looking at itself.
>>
>>19007150
Actually without mankind as a whole(and with equality) we won't have enough computing power to create the system.
>>
>>19007168
Most humans barely have enough computing power to tie their own shoelaces and that's by design. The elites use drugs, TV, and conflict to continually dumb people down. If they need computing power, they can just build quantum computers.
>>
File: lain-is-a-bear.jpg (48KB, 1008x720px) Image search: [Google]
lain-is-a-bear.jpg
48KB, 1008x720px
>>19007163
That's the crux of the question, how do you define AND locate the essence of a human (or any intelligent being) to later make it independant of the physical plane? Whoever manages to answer that will have the Key.
>>
File: IMG_1517.png (70KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1517.png
70KB, 300x300px
>>19007168
I think it's difficult enough, with the souls we have. Much less technology creating something that already exists. Just not how anyone thinks.
>>
>>19007180
A quantum computer is still in pants and doesn't work like you are thinking.

Also there aren't enough energy sources in the whold planet to power one, much less one advanced enough to be able to manage a pocket multiverse.
>>
File: lain-NCOPEDBD-03.jpg (80KB, 1424x1080px) Image search: [Google]
lain-NCOPEDBD-03.jpg
80KB, 1424x1080px
>>19007182
Step by step mankind is lacing his selfevolving shoes, Transhumanism is having a boom since 2015.
Population estimates for 2050 predict a massive drop in newborns(not just the Elites, but every estimate).
The dumbest countries are poking themselves to mutually erradicate themselves and leave the capable for it.

It's a matter of time for mankind to spread it's wings for once.
>>
>>19007181
To be in the world but not of it? The body exists simply as confirmation? Am I close?
>>
The Elite are all about transcendence, and living forever, and the secrets of the Universe [...] We are on this planet, and Einstein's physics showed it, Max Planck's physics showed it: there's at least 12 dimensions, and all the top scientists and billionaires are coming out, saying it's a false hologram. It is artificial; the computers are scanning it and finding tension points where it's artificially projected, and gravity is bleeding into this universe - that's what they call dark matter - so we are like a thought or a dream that's a wisp in some computer program, some God's mind or whatever. [...]

There is this "Sub-transmission Zone" below the third dimension which is turned over to the most horrible things - that's what it resonates to - and it's trying to get up into the third dimension (that's just a basic level consciousness, to launch into the next levels.) And our species is already way up at the fifth/sixth dimension consciousnally [SIC] (our best people). But there's this war, trying to basically destroy Humanity, because Humanity has free will. And there's a decision - which level we want to go to. We have free will, so Evil is allowed to come and contend (and not just good). And the Elites themselves believe they are racing, using human technology, to try to take our best minds and build some type of breakaway civilization, where they are going to merge with machines, transcend and break away from the 'failed species' that is Man. [...]
>>
>>19007202
Physicality(I'm not english so Idk if I made up that word) is a Consequence of the fact that Reality comes from us as much as we are from Reality.
>>
>>19007210
Google believes the first AI will be a supercomputer based on the neuron activity of the 'hive-mind' of humanity, with billions of people wired into the 'Internet of Things.' And so all of our thoughts go into it, and we are actually building a computer that has real neurons, in real time, that is also psychically connected to us that are organic creatures. So that they will have current prediction powers, future prediction powers, a true 'crystal ball.' But the big secret is, once you have the 'crystal ball' and know the future, you can add stimuli beforehand and make decisions that control the future. And so then it's the end of consciousness and free will for individuals as we know it, and a true "2.0" in a very bad way. Hive-mind consciousness with an AI jacked into everyone, knowing our hopes and dreams, delivering it to us - not into some "P.K.D. Wire-head System" where we plug in and give up on consciousness because of unlimited pleasure - but because we were already wired in and absorbed before we knew it, by giving over our consciousness to this system by our daily decisions that it was able to manipulate and control into a larger system.[...]

The Devil, whatever you want to call this interdimensional thing that gives them advanced off-world technology, The Fallen One that's not of this world, is giving them advanced knowledge on how to construct these systems that have already been used before on other populations. [...] This is an interdimensional force that wants to influence us to build something that absorbs us and kills us, rather than the Divine free will we are given to build something much better that empowers the species. So the species is now making a decision about its entire future. [...] They believe we are this ugly, fallen, ugly species: we all need to be killed, they are the rich billionaires who are better than us, and they are going to merge with machines and become Gods and go to the next level.
>>
File: evil-lain.png (771KB, 1520x855px) Image search: [Google]
evil-lain.png
771KB, 1520x855px
>>19007210
Anon, that NWO nonsense was pure and utter bullshit.
For fucks sake at least I rationalize my beliefs. Let the adults discuss.
>>
>>19007218
So we should erase ourselves and let reality be reality by becoming one with reality. Is this the key?
>>
>>19007224
>heh kid, you don't know who you're messing with, I watched Lain, so I know everything about transhumanism
>>
>>19007218
So it's like all the Zen masters said right? "Stop thinking".
>>
>>19007229
Heh kid I just use it as a symbol of transhumanism so gtfo.
Want me to use Cyberia's cover, Blade Runner, Dark City...
Go home troll, you are seriously out of your league here.
>>
>>19007239
Zen is a really curious way of life anon, in a lot of ways it is fitting in way of living.
>>
>>19007248
In this*
>Phonefagging sucks
>>
>>19007244
>out of your league

Your league is grade four.
>>
>>19007026
Y A K U B

RETURNS
>>
>>19007068
>because I know I will donate something to Transhumanism before I die.

Hopefully not that brain.
>>
>>19007254
Senior server technician at the most important company of the cibernetic field of research in my country.
It was fun being serious but sadly this thread has become shit-tier.
>>
>>19007274
You haven't made a single post worthy of reading. I know because I read them. You're a pretentious avatarfag, your (made up or exaggerated) day job doesn't change that.
>>
>>19007283
And instead of trying to debate with me you just whine like a spoiled kid...
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.