[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A body without the soul?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

File: 8797.jpg (83KB, 691x550px) Image search: [Google]
8797.jpg
83KB, 691x550px
I'm curious.

Throughout all of spiritual and/or religious beliefs, are there any mentions of a body being born without a soul, or a soul leaving the body and it still functioning? Basically a body that is able to walk, talk, etc., but is hollow and missing certain traits that make a human, human.

Would certain mental illnesses fall into such a thing?

I'm aware of voodoo zombies, which is the closest I can find, but I'm curious if there is anything different. Can a body be soulless?
>>
>>19006563
First. Go understand what the soul is, then come back and ask
>>
>>19006563
Easy practice, harnessing the souls of others.
>>
>>19006571
I'm well aware of what the soul is, which is why I'm curious. It doesn't seem possible when considering what the soul is, as a body is merely a vessel of consciousness/spirit.

Though my curiosity wants to know if there are any cultures or belief systems that believe in something odd and outside the normal understandings, like a practice, form of magic, condition, anything that allows a body to operate without the soul, something that creates a dull, monotonous meat robot that acts like a human being, but is.. well.. not completely.

I understand what the soul is, but that doesn't mean I'm still not curious of something that contradicts that. It's interesting to learn of such things if they exist, that's all.
>>
>>19006756
>I understand what the soul is, but that doesn't mean I'm still not curious

Seriously, you don't want to know. I think it comes naturally with age. Don't miss what's in front of you.
>>
The soul is consciousness. You are unable to prove or disprove that other people are cognisant. For all you know you are the only conscious being. Therefore the only way to treat people properly is to avoid them. There is literally no reason to be in contact with other people that is not selfishly motivated.
>>
>>19006775
Seeing as curiosity is simply my nature, I can't help but ask.

Why do you assume that I don't want to know and why do you assume I'm missing what's in front of me based on this thread?
>>
>>19006852
I've thought about this before.. Using a videogame as an example. I control my character, but everyone else is simply an NPC. They function off of a program, no the will of a being.. though, I don't believe that at all.. It's just an interesting thought
>>
>>19006852
>>19006899
I've thought of this too, but another question I ask myself is what is it that gives other people souls? Is it that certain souls are brought back into new bodies through reincarnation, and is a new soul born for every new person in the world? What about artificial beings/clones that are in every way alive as you are me, do they have one too
>>
>>19006928
We fundamentally do not know what causes consciousness. The reason science will never be able to answer the hard problem of consciousness is because it is looking in the wrong place. I don't know how many souls there are, but I do know that they cannot be created or destroyed. Artificial is an artificial word. Nothing in creation is artificial.
>>
>>19006891
>Why do you assume that I don't want to know

You're asking questions, of you really wanted to know you would looking for internal truth not external.

That is unless you're bored. This happens.

>ad why do you assume I'm missing what's in front of me based on this thread

The thread in general
>>
>>19006928
>>19006946
There is One. Obviously.

But you can't continue this conversation without understanding how duality works and why its a thing
>>
>>19006966
Explain it to me then.
>>
>>19006973
You can't explain it, you can only experience it. I could share my dreams with you, would this be an accurate explanation?

It cannot be expressed truly, you can't show it or explain it to anyone.

Once you see, you remember, you know.
>>
>>19006852

Selfishness isn't always harmful though. Ideally everyone can be selfish without hurting anyone else.
>>
>>19006928
>>19006946
From what I've learned to understand, a soul is a perspective of consciousness. Each spirit persona is a collection of experiences and memories from an individual life, but all souls are all of one source being, consciousness. I am you, you are me. When Hitler died, he went to the same place and became one with the Jews he gassed again. One perspective can live a life over and over again, or can even live as another life, if it so chooses. It may want to learn more from a life if it didn't learn enough the first time. We chose to be here before birth, to learn. We all serve a purpose in the grand scheme of things, and that's the meaning of life.. Consciousness dreams this reality, it exists as many within it. It creates each life experience and learns from them. It is the murderer, it is the savior. It is everything good and evil. We are all one beings experiencing itself through infinite lives, and creating infinite personalities.

When people channel spirits, this is what they do.. They tune into the persona of consciousness.. It may have evolved far beyond it's earthly version in spirit, but it still holds the knowledge of it, and has much wisdom to give based on it. Our spirit guides are those personalities that we connect to most, and those who can give us wisdom based on their life experiences to better lead us down our own paths.. They often times are people like musicians we relate to heavily in life, and if we have the intuition, we can see the signs they were leaving through synchronicity throughout our lives, trying to get our attention.

Cleaning the pineal gland and practicing meditation are key in developing these senses.
>>
File: 1473382931439.jpg (77KB, 621x621px) Image search: [Google]
1473382931439.jpg
77KB, 621x621px
Just drink more estus
>>
>>19006993
Your ego is being unmasked and identifying with different aspects, your ego is the thing telling you're here to learn.

Listen to it, or not. It makes no difference
>>
>>19006563
Boi
>>
>>19006563
http://montalk.net/matrix/157/spiritless-humans
>>
>>19007002
You're overlooking things and taking this too seriously. This was a simple, harmless, curious question I asked out of boredom. I like to learn of strange things, whether I believe in them or not. When google yields nothing to satisfy my bored curiosities, I ask others. Nothing more, nothing less. Goddamn.

So back to my question.

Are there any cultures or beliefs out there that have some strange believe that a body can exist without a soul, by means of condition, magic, whatever, whether in history, or currently, and if so, what are they?
>>
>>19007015
Exactly the sort of thing I'm looking for. Thank you.
>>
Our relation with our souls it's very strange, we just know that it's there and know that we will notice if it weren't there.

It's an ethereal quality of our experience, I believe that everything has a soul because it's a thing wich I have at same time 100% and 0% certainty.

If I have accept that's in me, I'm forced to accept that's in everyone.
>>
>>19006563
>Basically a body that is able to walk, talk, etc., but is hollow and missing certain traits that make a human, human.
So, like a psychopath?

>Would certain mental illnesses fall into such a thing?
Yeah. Psychopaths.
>>
>>19006563

I think disociation personality disorder or depersonalization. It's a response to extreme stress.
>>
Your soul is your heart. Without it, you die.
>>
>>19006563
Of course these traditions exist. Such alleged beings are often related to curses, whether they are intentional or not. In some central European traditions, what we call a vampire is such a being: a reanimated corpse, raised either through demonic possession or having failed to receive proper rites. The creature that emerged would be described as silent or socially awkward, and with mannerisms akin to animals. Likewise, they were not the alluring vampires of Hollywood, but gave off a vibe of unease or dread, as if one was in the presence of a predator, not a man.
>>
>>19007139
Oh shit. I'm a vampire.
>>
>>19007146
Accidentally being double circumcised doesn't count as failing to receive proper rites.
>>
File: goy_test.jpg (50KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
goy_test.jpg
50KB, 540x720px
>>19006563
ALL living things have a soul, but the degree to which it manifests is different for different lifeforms. Humans have a limited range for soul manifestation, but it's possible to "unmanifest" it through occult practices.

Performing (or receiving) acts of violence, abuse, and degradation can drive one's soul farther away to a state more like that of an animal. This is the process used during satanic ritual abuse, where one generation's victims become the next generations abusers.

The MIND is not DIRECTLY affected by this process, but there are subtle hints when a soul is less manifested than normal. The symptoms of soul demanifestation are:
>Heightened fears and/or psychotic fearlessness
>Less creativity
>Less empathy
>Lack of self awareness / introspection
>Increased obsessive-compulsive behaviors

Note: Normal obsessive compulsive behaviors and fears are a result of brain chemistry imbalances that OVERRIDE the soul presence. When the soul is driven (farther) away preexisting small imbalances can quickly grow out of control. This is the reason for all the lore about "vampires" having "quirks" like obsessively counting seeds, or untying knots. You'll also notice that some people are barely more than animals naturally, but NATURALLY low soul manifestation ALWAYS happens in a LOW INTELLIGENCE person.
>>
>>19006988
Reincarnation?
>>
>>19007040
>Are there any cultures or beliefs out there that have some strange believe that a body can exist without a soul, by means of condition, magic, whatever, whether in history, or currently, and if so, what are they?

I don't believe angels and demons have souls like humans in the Catholic/Christian religion. In Judaism, you could look into golems. In the Vedic religions, there is some attempt to connect a story about Sambarasura and the creation of three demons with robotics, though it sounds more like they had no emotion or pride, rather than no soul. I didn't look too far but you are welcome to.
>>
>>19006775
Man getcho cryptic wanna be wise old man lookin ass outta here.
>>
>>19006563
>Would certain mental illnesses fall into such a thing?
Yeah, autism. Nothing mystical or spiritual about this. Actually, the entire concept of souls is bullshit, we're nothing more than biological machines. Sacks of skin, filled with meat attached to bones, powered by electricity, and controlled by a blob of gray matter sitting in our skulls that also gives us the ability to raise and answer stupid questions like this one.
>>
>>19006993
I mean. This sounds good and all but how can anyone on this plane of existence know that?
>>
>>19006993
>practice meditation
Literally how?
>>
File: IMG_0522.jpg (61KB, 461x403px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0522.jpg
61KB, 461x403px
>>19007001
>>
>>19006563
Yes, and there is a name for such a thing. They're called "Jews"
>>
>>19006899
Great point- if this were the case then maybe we're going against the pram programmable directive assigned to us and talking about it..
>>
What is a ginger?
>>
>>19006563
Celebrity worshipers, politicians, religious zealots, people who line up for the new iPhone every month...probably 99% of people are just zombies.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.