[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

exploding head syndrome

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

Does anyone suffer from exploding head syndrome?
I have for years and i'm trying to pin point the cause.
My conclusion is my use of ketamine when I was younger. When falling into a k-hole I felt I had to relax areas of my brain in order to do so. Similar to a feeling of 'letting go'
Now when i approach sleep my brain feels like it's being turned off, and then once it feels off I get a loud sound that jumps me into being awake.
It honestly feels like i've died only to be resuscitated immediately.
I think i've loosened a part of my brain that is now fucked.
Its a hard one to explain, and no it isn't me just falling asleep and it's not sleep paralysis.
Any similar experiences?
>>
>>19005803
Does it sound like the noise is from inside the head or outside it?
>>
>>19005803

I have PTSD op, with that comes things like exploding head, hypnic jerks etc.
>>
>>19005825
not sure i could say for sure, but inside if i had to choose.
>>
>>19005836
I've heard that's a cause. I don't get hypnic jerks, only exploding head.
I do struggle with anxiety and did have a long use of weed use too. I'm sure my is self inflicted with drug use, but in particular it's a result of me tripping and loosening certain areas of my brain.. i think.
>>
I have it. Started to happen after voluntary experience lucid dreams. I don't really mind, as it does not hurt, or anything. Just going to sleep and BAM, maybe 2 or 3 times, rarely more, and after a while sleep normally.

Causes? I think the brain doesn't like the conscious going into these areas. I'm also experiencing since then some weirdness going, like, as if I was not totally aware sometimes. Hard to explain. Probably I fucked something in here.
>>
>>19005837
Ok. Several times i've heard a loud noise right before I fall asleep. It is clearly external but always right near the head. Sometimes it sounds like it comes from a certain direction. I thought it was just normal creaking but it seems too loud. There would be dead silence and then a loud bang.
>>
>>19005907
not exploding head syndrome.

exploding head syndrome is more like a sudden burst of pression inside your head
>>
File: IMG_0411.jpg (59KB, 610x438px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0411.jpg
59KB, 610x438px
>>19005803
>>
>>19005898
Yeah I think lucid dreaming could have something to do with it. I feel like i've opened a door in my brain that I can't close ever again. It's a horrible feeling to feel 'turned off'.
My metaphor to explain it is slowly turning down a radio volume until its turned off and then suddenly whacking it up to 11
>>
>>19005930
god help me
>>
>>19005920
yeah it def feels like a sudden burst of pressure
>>
>>19005803
>my use of ketamine
literal degenerate
>>
>>19005967
you saying you never went through a degenerate phase? in filth it will be found.
>>
>>19005973
That's true. I watched Naruto when I was a kid.
>>
File: IMG_2033.jpg (50KB, 385x395px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2033.jpg
50KB, 385x395px
I did once. A few years ago. I had just laid my head down to sleep, closed my eyes, and waited. As soon as I felt pangs of rest coming over me I heard my named as though someone with a deep, middle-aged voice yelled it behind my head. At the time I was more religious and thought it was God angrily giving me a sign to repent. But now I guess I have a name for it.
>>
Yeah it's loud and very brief. When it happens, I'm just too tired to recognize the sound or if it even is a real sound or a mere thought.

Also when I approach sleep, sometimes I get these involuntary thoughts that don't make sense, following one another, by some fucktarded logic. And when I try to figure it out consciously, I can't seem to remember what it was. Can someone explain this too?
>>
>>19006531
I get all of the shit mentioned in this thread ever since lucid dreaming. I don't mind any of it thou and oddly find it relaxing and making me feel well rested the next day.
>>
>>19006531
For me it's usually a very loud static sound. Like electricity or something. It varies tho.
I remember somewhere it said that its your brain falling asleep before your body does. maybe its the other way round. I dont remember desu
>>
Yes, I suffered with it for years. Usually it would occur as I was on the edge of sleep, a sudden crashing static sound accompanied by a flash of light. I got it much more frequently in my mid teens. I'm almost twenty now and attacks are few and far between. Perhaps the cause is hormonal imbalance? I have other ailments now.

[email protected]
>>
>>19007125
[email protected]*
>>
I get this during alcohol withdrawal. I'm an alcohol so I just assume it's GABA rebound, which is basically being sped up and GABA neurons fire a lot harder than normal baseline. That causes the trembling and other stuff that some alcohols get.
>>
>>19005803
Sir,if you are able to use the internet, your head has not exploded, therefore you most certainly don't suffer from exploding head syndrome.
>>
>>19008393
Fuck off, Reddit. No one likes your shitty jokes and witticisms."
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.