[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any alchemists in this board? Also, alchemy thread.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: paracelsus.jpg (29KB, 356x429px) Image search: [Google]
paracelsus.jpg
29KB, 356x429px
Are there any alchemists in this board? Also, alchemy thread.
>>
>>19004764
I'm very interested in but not so much books or things around internet...
>>
>>19004774
Here: https://thepiratebay.org/torrent/13378707
>>
Is that James May?
>>
I'm interested in both internal alchemy and standard alchemy, but I'm not sure what cool stuff can you do with both, internal alchemy is for the spirit I'm told, the other one... what kind of cool stuff can you do w/ it?
>>
>>19004764
It is an expensive hobby, and for those wanting to get into Spagyrics of physical Alchemy, they should be well aware of the barriers needed to get into the work. It is not just the financial concerns as it is also the safety concerns. Working with Spagyrics, which is the plant realm, is the foundation and safest part of the work. What you learn here you will then build upon in the mineral work. Keep in mind that Nature is a brutal teacher and if you try to move too quickly she will weed you out especially in the mineral work. Regadie of Golden Dawn fame worked with Frater Albertus in practical Alchemy, yet even he damaged his lungs. A separate structure is almost a necessity if you have a family around. At minimum a reliable fume hood and fire extinguisher is needed. You need to act like you are back in the chemistry lab. Also any products you make, you must be very sure you did it right because a celestial medicine may be a poison in disguise if you messed up. Again, Nature is a brutal teacher. You listen to her and you will be alright. But if you find your hubris growing, watch out. Glassware especially if it is custom made is very expensive. I spent close to $2000 on one distiller/circulator. Of course that is just one piece. You will need more if you intend to get further in the work towards the Circulata Minor or even the mineral realm. Also add in the costs of a kiln, supplies, plants and minerals, safety equipment etc., and you have a very high tab. Generally this takes a few years of collecting as the work goes on and wisdom grows.

I will be starting up some Spagyric tinctures soon. I plan to the place the pics on 8ch /occult/. I picked that board because it is mainly dead, and most of the dabblers stay on /fringe/. It will give at the most basic level the equipment and costs you will need to start the prius 7, or seven basic planetary tinctures.
>>
>>19005261
What good is your cooking when I can move the atoms of your rearrangements by just looking at them?

Your science is dead... the practices you applied to acquire it are very much alive and useful. I trust you are cross-disciplined.
>>
>>19005269
To each their own. You do your thing, I do mine.
>>
>>19005271
That's why I asked if you are cross disciplined? You seem smart, so it is a shame to see you stick to one field... especially when that field is a very rudimentary form of chemistry that predates the scientific method and makes huge leaps over gaps it cannot account for.

I understand the appeal of a working art that defies explanation and can produce results, but the application is untrustworthy.
>>
>>19005285
I didn't really get into Spagyrics and Alchemy until I move out into the country on 40 acres. When you have land you have the space and the time to do stuff with it. I have always been interested in Alchemy but never had the time or space until I moved. I had only the basic college chemistry classes before I started. However, I have had to learn more in order to keep my family and I safe. The interesting thing about Alchemy is that you can give two people the same recipe and yet it doesn't mean that both will reach the intended outcome. The inner and outer landscapes must be in perfect harmony or else the operation fails. While Alchemy gave birth to chemistry, chemistry is devoid of the spiritual essence that made it a unique initiatory path. The huge leaps and gaps made by chemistry now is not of strict importance for the Alchemist. What was important for the Alchemist was the transformation within themselves mirrored through the transformation of their work.
>>
>>19005357
As a science, it fails. It cannot be effectually taught.

I allow for art and the complexities of the individual practitioner in my practices, and take a bit from the alchemist mindset... but not much, and I shave off the weird shit that simply does not work and reeks of ritual. I also detest secret hording and incitement with no payoff.
>>
Hi. Im kodi
>>
>>19005390
>As a science, it fails. It cannot be effectually taught.
It is more akin to a science of the soul. It can be taught at the most basic of levels, but the completion of higher works will rely almost entirely on the intuition of the practitioner.

Again, this is just like any other spiritual path. For some people this may be the area that resonates with them, for others maybe not. We are few and far between, and we most definitely not trying to win back science or anything like that. Of course once someone has done the work for awhile, they will begin to observe the natural world in a most peculiar way.
>>
>>19005407
Kodi why are you not in school, and why are your parents allowing you on this site?
>>
>>19005408
So... is it hobby or are you benefiting tangibly?
>>
>>19005417
Dakota stop pls
>>
>>19005408
My practices involve single minded self improvement, refinement, manipulation, and eventual detachment from the mortal coil and physical limitations once I have learned all I need to carry on. In what way will alchemist methods aide me?
>>
>>19005408
the true goal of alchemy is reason and understanding
>>
>>19005419
You benefit tangibly from it in the creation of certain products. In the plant realm you will make a number of Spagyric tinctures that have health promoting benefits. You will also get into the art of wine making. I don't like to mention too much the mineral work because the products made can be very dangerous. For dabblers to go straight to the mineral work and ingest or share their products with others is extremely foolhardy. You will be working with products that contain lead, mercury, arsenic, and other toxic substances. The products from this realm should be for the practitioner only.
>>
File: The Work.jpg (60KB, 373x350px) Image search: [Google]
The Work.jpg
60KB, 373x350px
>>19005437
In very much the same way. All spiritual paths are similar at the core and the destinations are all pointed in the same direction. Let us use the Tree of Life (TOL) for understanding the division of Spagyrics and Alchemy. The plant realm is seen as the lesser work. The plant stone or Circulata Minor is the completion of the lesser work leading up to Tiphareth. The mineral work is the great work leading from Tiphareth upwards.

>>19005444
I would add "of Nature" after reason and understanding. The Alchemist walks blindly in the footsteps of Nature.
>>
>>19005447
My only interest would be in the methodology of transmutation. If I have to tinker with plants to understand the root your work, I can expand from there on my own.

Tell me what you got. I envision your tinctures function externally and internally in creation and use, as would be true with minerals as well. This is very similar to some extra-dimensional theories I explore.
>>
>>19005469
What about mixing the alchemical principles with modern chemistry? So the dangerous processes are avoided?
>>
>>19005477
Not the dangerous ones... just the overly ornate, showy pointless parts. It is the concepts behind them that are necessary, but you have to trick some people to get them there and the trippy shit does it. Some can get there by logic and just being awesome.
>>
>>19005471
Yes, Spagyric tinctures function both externally and internally. They are very much multi-level as long as the Alchemist's mindset was present in the creation. The results gained would be very similar to any other path be it a Yogi, Sufi, magician, etc. This is just an expensive to go about getting those results. It just happens to be an area certain people are attracted to, just as not everyone is a Yogi.

>>19005477
A lot of the processes of the past have been simplified down with modern equipment. There have been many chemists involved with Alchemy, and still to this day. Here are examples of that.
Theory
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOUZFwk4ztc&t

Practice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IweoOvfvAdk&t
>>
>>19005489
Thanks for the info. I get it. Best of luck.
>>
>>19005507
You are welcome. Best of luck to you as well.
>>
>>19005477

Just take drugs. Given you know yourself and can handle said drugs!
>>
File: 3d8ffdc3782f0399577883c391c168bb.jpg (438KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
3d8ffdc3782f0399577883c391c168bb.jpg
438KB, 1600x1200px
First of all, alchemy isn't only about spiritual processes. But everyone who pretends to have a smattering of Hermetic knowledge should know that "As above so bellow means" naturally implies practical Alchemy as well as spiritual. And everyone should know that their favorite alchemists from the antiquity to the Reneissance and up until the 19th century are all PROVEN to have done practical work. Concerning practical alchemy Fulcanelli is absolutely the best for this age and he reveals a lot. But you have to read and reread his works to understand what he is on about. Or you can go straight to his disciple Canseliet who provides a satisfying and of the best interpretations of his work in my opinion.

Here are the two greatest alchemical libraries on the internet. https://mega.nz/#F!jBk3nBwC!3kbcd3Yb0I1Dkw6GCBLY1A
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/uldbxpm2nyw7a
>>
>>19005520
I have digested and adapted alchemical reasoning and am applying it. I will be transmuting glucose, carbon and trace minerals of my own philosopher stone to produce gold.

I will let you know how it goes next time I shit.
>>
>>19004786
What did you link? I'm getting a 404.
>>
I've been a big fan of alchemy since I first started studying the symbolism, concepts, and processes in my teens, but as I never actually graduated to actual alchemical work, I don't think I have any right to call myself an alchemist.
>>19005261
>>19005357
>>19005408
>>19005447
>>19005469
>>19005481
>>19005489
Thanks guv.
>>19004786
>>19005569
I probably have these in a folder somewhere on my computer, but... better safe than sorry.
>>
>>19004851
Internal alchemy is technically for the spirit, but on the practical side, internal alchemy can be used to reach psychedelic states of mind pretty much at will. If you've got a receptor for it, then it follows logically that you can also produce something that fits that receptor.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.