[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dont want to wake up

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 1488062370786-fit.jpg (18KB, 565x284px) Image search: [Google]
1488062370786-fit.jpg
18KB, 565x284px
Anyone ever had episodes where you disociate your consciousness from your identity by looking in a mirror for too long? That's the best way I can explain it and it feels really really bad, then reality starts to feel like a videogame until you force yourself to forget that thought, since I triggered it by staring at myself, my face in a mirror it happens every time I think of myself, my name or whatever. I feel like an ego who was assigned a person, and everyone around me starts to seem hollow, or without true meaning.
Anyone else felt this? Is it common? How do I stop it?
>>
Yeah me too! First signs of escaping the matrix
>>
File: 1486759878290.jpg (309KB, 1000x963px) Image search: [Google]
1486759878290.jpg
309KB, 1000x963px
>>19002677
That shit started happening to me. I don't know if that shit's normal or beginning of some mental illness, but I found that the less you think about it, the less it will happen.

Some days I think I'm on the way to get a glimpse of "The Truth", on other days I think that I'm just LARPing very intensively.
>>
>>19002694
Are we the real ones? Anyone (anything) who didnt feel identified with original post please abstain from reading down
>>
>>19002736
Glad someone else has it. I'm starting to think that death in that disociation state might allow me to keep my memories if I am reborn (not killing myself I still like my current life)
Unless there is something else to it. When I think of it too often I kind of numb the shock and can sort of make ego and identity coexist
>>
>>19002759
M8, I don't wanna get all preachy especially because I'm probably just being edgy as fuck, but if I were you, I wouldn't poke that side of reality. Especially if you like your life as it is.

Thinking about shit like that is leading me to complete isolation and depressing insights into our existence. I just can't look at the humanity the same way anymore.
>>
Your starring into the mirror, losing yourself seeing a human, maybe "you" looking back is plainly your senses honing in on the purely physical element of "you" and suspending the meta, spiritual essense that makes us all more than just a bag of bones.
>>
I've personally had this thought and have heard many people express this thought. It's just a result of not being able to experience anyone else's mind but your own, and it's only natural to therefore question whether anyone else's mind even exist. Most sane people realize this and disregard the thought as nonsense.
>>
>>19002830
Too true
>>
Simeone need to mention it OP

>>19002804
Intelligent bro noice thought
>>
>>19002804
>>19002830
Makes sense
>>
>>19002677
I practiced meditation for a few weeks. Very early on, as I observed my sitting, I felt exactly as though I were looking at a praying mantis. Very bizarre and really hard to describe. I'll try though: "Will" or "ego" doesn't animate your leg when it simply lies there. Likewise when a praying mantis does it's weird posturing, no "will" or "ego" animates it.

Be careful interpreting these sensations.
>>
It's called an ego death, OP, and is common on high doses of lsd and psilocybin. I've had it before and it broke me for a week. Never taking shrooms again
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.