[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CERN & Gravity What does all this mean?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: CERN_and_gravity.jpg (186KB, 720x1229px)
CERN_and_gravity.jpg
186KB, 720x1229px
CERN & Gravity
What does all this mean?
>>
>>19000080
>>
>>19000080
It should be noted when they say dimension they done mean another universe or w/e, but higher geometrical dimensions. I don't mean "sacred geometry" either. Flatworld would be a good read to get what I mean.
>>
This is all just advanced science, Anon. Science sometimes gets spooky or weird. But it's not a great conspiracy or something. They're just doing weird, science'y things to explain the universe, which they'll ultimately fail to do.
>>
I know this guys know their shit, but the reason why fridge magnets make more force is because of the fucking distance. Try to put a fridge magnet on moon and see for yourself if it does any effect. But your fucking weak gravity force makes moon spin around the world.
Again, this guys know their shit, but the example is so fucking retarded, holy shit
>>
>>19001320
Put a moon sized magnet and a earth sized magnet at same distance moon and earth are now... They will collide with imense speed and power... This is what they are talking about.
>>
>>19001331
>a small fridge magnet is enough to create an electromagnetic force greater than the gravitional pull exerted by planet earth
Then what did they mean by this? Put two fridge magnets 30 cm away from each other and nothing will happen, but remind yourself that you're kilometers away from the core of the earth
I'm not saying magnetic force is weaker than gravity, I'm just saying example is stupid
>>
>>19001320
>this guy knows their shit

Given there's no credit given, I'm unconvinced.
>>
This sounds like it was written by a journalist. They're supposed to explain things to scientists, but they often don't understand the subject and commonly get things wrong with vague or poor analogies.
>>
gravity is effective over extremely large distances in a way which the other 3 forces are not.

it's still, in the terms used to measure forces, weaker than the other 3. not slightly weaker, but so much weaker that it doesn't fit models. it's one of the big mysteries the Standard Model can't explain, and assuming there are extra spatial dimensions for gravity to bleed into is a common fix.

gravity is anomalous in several ways. it's the only force that appears to interact with dark matter. it can't be insulated against or blocked by putting other stuff between the masses.

in some senses gravity isn't a force at all, it's just bent space causing things to move in curves. but in some other ways it acts exactly like a force, and as the images state they do expect to be able to find a force carrying gauge boson called the graviton to mediate it - someday.

don't feel bad if this stuff doesn't make sense. nobody understands it. stephen hawking doesn't understand it. nobody can reconcile the behavior of gravity at cosmic scales with the behavior of the quantum forces at subatomic scales. if you understood it you could write a theory of quantum gravity and change science forever. if you don't have a PhD in high-energy physics and the money to rent a particle accelerator then you should probably just resign yourself to finding the concepts a bit mysterious.
>>
>>19001496

>gravity is effective over extremely large distances in a way which the other 3 forces are not.

All forces dissipate at the square of the distance from the source. That's just a matter of geometry.

The reason we don't appreciate the strength of electromagnetism and other forces compared to gravity is because the other forces are capable of canceling itself out. There are about the same number of protons as there are electrons. It causes the entire mass of the earth to cause the force of gravity caused by the earth. But if you had a bowl full of only electrons, that small mass would cause a greater force than all the earth.

Your appeal to ignorance is only that. You don't need money for a particle accelerator in order to spend and entire life time learning about it.
>>
>>19001346
I assume they mean amount of force per mass. The fridge magnet doesn't need to be 20 tons to work.
>>
>gravity is not a force per-say
>gravity is a by product

Gravity is the wake of the emission of EMR from any body. Since photons are massless they don't produce a large distortion in the fabric of space, unlike the electrons that cause magnetic attraction.

>gravity is the byproduct of light
>this is how gravity has a small effect on photons
>>
>>19001893
so you actually believe that or are you trolling now?
>>
File: professor-farnsworth-futurama.jpg (33KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
professor-farnsworth-futurama.jpg
33KB, 600x600px
something something tensor bosons, decay, scalar bosons, graviolis
>>
>>19002491
I actually believe that. Which part do you not understand?
>>
>gravity bleeding into another dimension(s)

Alex Jones was right again. Fucking satanist child rapists I swear...
>>
Expantion is the primal force, the one that made the big bang happen.
Everything that is mass is expanding at the same rate, sucking the dark matter of the vaccum. The gravity is just the result of this expansion. Earth's gravity pull is stronger than our's because Earth has more mass so it pulls more dark matter for second.
Why we can't check it?
How would we measure this if the ruler expand at the same rate that everything else?
>>
>>19003705
If the ruler is light, it changes color as it stretches.
>>
Gravity is a belief.
>>
>>19000080

They claimed it failed. CERN succeeded at their mission.

What does this mean for you? It means go to sleep so we can be one day closer to 2034.
>>
Forget gravity. Embrace buoyancy. It is the one true way.
>>
>>19003791
buoyance is just a side effect caused by gravity
>>
>>19003778
Sern*
>>
File: 1489770440509.gif (976KB, 245x280px) Image search: [Google]
1489770440509.gif
976KB, 245x280px
>>19003305
well, know that you're spectacularly and fucktardedly wrong. and that's true whether you believe it or not.
>>
>>19001346
The example isn't stupid. It's somewhat poorly worded. Gravity is the strongest force over large distances. Over short distances, it's incredibly weak. If you use fridge magnet A to pick fridge magnet B up off the ground, the magnetic force of fridge magnet A is overcoming the gravitational force of the entire planet.
>>
Gravity isn't magnetism. The example is still stupid
>>
Gravity may be only an emergent condition caused by actions or interactions from the three fundamental forces and perhaps not a fundamental force per se.
>>
Here is the truth about Gravity. It comes from deep in the Hollows of the Earth controlled by the Fallen. It stands to say that our existence is much more difficult due to this...
>>
>>19001496
Others are very effective. Incredibly dense things(collapsed stars) like pulsars etc have some badass magnetic fields that fuck up everything for miles
>>
>>19007720
Effective over long distance* pulsars and magnetars*

Fuck
>>
>>19004690
>that's true whether you believe it or not.

I'm not, but feel free to look up why.
>>
>>19000080
How come only gravity extends to more than 3 dimensions though?
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.