[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you can recall, what was the first thing that got you into

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_1917.jpg (16KB, 425x282px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1917.jpg
16KB, 425x282px
If you can recall, what was the first thing that got you into paranormal interests? A book about ghosts? A movie about aliens? Share some memories, /x/!
>>
>>18998870
summoned a daemon and it worked, fuck ya
>>
>>18998870
watching local 1970s horror movie
>>
File: IMG_1919.jpg (51KB, 375x499px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1919.jpg
51KB, 375x499px
For me it was this book. I bought it from some run down old bookstore while driving across the country with my family in like 1993. BONUS: purely coincidentally, my best friend also bought a copy of that book on a trip with his family that same month and neither of us realized it until we were both home.
>>
>>18998870
As someone interested in science, I was excited by the prospect that there might be extraordinary things about reality that are far beyond our current knowledge.
>>
File: ghosts.jpg (110KB, 600x393px) Image search: [Google]
ghosts.jpg
110KB, 600x393px
I've always been intrigued with the the paranormal since I could walk. The first book I ever saved up and bought was a scholastic paperback on ghost sightings and cryptids. My first introduction to the web was Obi-Wan's UFO-free paranormal page, now simply inactive as ghosts dot org.
>>
>>18998870
I lived on my grandparent's land and saw some spooky shit. Like figures floating above the ground, or lights zipping about randomly in dark rooms. My grandmother and aunt saw the same things. Apparently stuff like that ran in the family.
>>
>>18998936
Did you have 'book fairs' from Scholastic in your school? I remember getting a book like that in like grade 4
>>
>>18998870
When I was a kid I loved urban legends, And that led me to paranormal things
>>
>>18998870
>what was the first thing that got you into paranormal interests
Glasses exploding at the dinner table in front of everyone's eyes without anyone touching them.

Had to find out what was happening.
>>
>>18999086
Thermal Shock. There, saved you 20 years.
>>
>>18999042

yup, book fair book. If you're early 20s it was probably the same one.
>>
>>18998870
Fucking things happening since 5...
>>
Me, my brother, and my cousins huddled under a blanket fort reading this together, scared shitless out of our minds.

Hooked on paranormal/creepy shit ever since.
>>
>>18998870
Someone snapped my neck. I was not moving. Later I felt the spine at my neck quickly allign. I moved.

Instant body regrowth technology.
>>
>>18998870
I grew up in a haunted house, then I hit 19 I started looking for answers. A year later I saw a UFO close-up with my gf. Been confused and intrigued ever since.
>>
Besides a friend of mine who would goad me into reading creepypasta late into the night, I was never really into the spoops or paranormal.
It wasn't until I started meandering into the "magik" that I really took an interest.
>>
Goosebumps books lol
>>
>>18998870

being born with gifts into a family that's accustomed to that.
>>
>>18999507
My high school girlfriend was the great-granddaughter of a somewhat famous 'psychic'. It was an interesting family-history and it got me interested in that sort of stuff.
>>
living in a haunted house, with superstitious family
>>
>>18998870
Books about cryptids, when I was in grade school, like 2nd or 3rd grade if I remember correctly.

I remember reading sightings about Bigfoot and I've always loved a good spoopy story that I can suspend my disbelief for and get lost in.
>>
>>18999999

check em
>>
That's an easy one; my Dad used to take me and my brother camping all of the time. He told a lot of Ghost stories and we liked being scared.

Even when my brother and I got a little older we would "ghost hunt" in abandoned buildings but we've never seen anything.
>>
>>18998870
My dad is a big believer in ghosts and aliens, so I grew up on watching UFO files and ghosthunters.

As I grew older, I realized that all of that stuff was complete nonsense, but my interest in it still remains. I don't believe in anything supernatural and I'm a skeptic, but the paranormal is good material for writing and I heavily enjoy reading creepypastas and participating in ARGs.
>>
>>18998870
My parents loved the X-Files and since they always told me about it when I was young the love of the paranormal has stuck to me.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.