[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SCP-3000

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 7

File: gaslight.png (244KB, 1200x348px) Image search: [Google]
gaslight.png
244KB, 1200x348px
Could someone explain why people like SCP-3000? All I got from it is that there is a very very long gigantic snake-god thing, that inflicts fear in humans and produces some slime or whatever that The Foundation uses to make amnestics.

Seeing as the theme for the 3000 spot was horror, could you tell me what is so frightening about it?
>>
>>18997801
Haven't read it. But as much as I like the SCP database, it's obvious there's a LOT of politics behind the scenes. Exactly who made it may have had an influence, for example. But cant say 100%
>>
File: Capture+_2017-05-11-20-36-54.png (516KB, 1440x2392px) Image search: [Google]
Capture+_2017-05-11-20-36-54.png
516KB, 1440x2392px
Can't see it?
>>
>>18999089

Click on the input level 5 hyperlink
>>
>>18997801
Because there's a lot of effort put into that particular one including several transcripts, and as you said, it gives backstory of the amnestics.

But, I dunno, I'd never heard of 3000 before until this thread so I'm not sure it's as popular as you claim.
>>
So what's this site about? Is this stuff real, or just some made up junk?
Interesting enough to catch my attention, I'd like to know more of it's legitimacy.
>>
>>19000724
It's made up but some of it makes a good read with pics and audio. There's even a game called SCP - containment breach
>>
>>18997801

It's quite detailed, honestly, and a really good SCP in my eyes. As the comments above me already explained, it gives the amnestics some backstory and is genuinely well made.

The thing that's frightening about it is its length, which is approximately 600 kilometers. That's at least half the size of Lebanon, or to put it more clearly, it's bigger than Manhattan. That would probably instill some fear if it was real.
>>
>>18997801

Oh shit they hit series 3?
>>
>>18997801
Do people unironically like this SCP crap?
>>
>>19001881
no, anon. everyone in the world has the same opinions as you.

the hundreds of millions of people who devote tens of thousands of hours to interests which you think are stupid are all only doing it ironically and not because some people like things you don't like.

feel better? that's a good boy. now put your toys back in the crib and stop crying so the adults can have a conversation.
>>
The SCP community began to run out of ideas at the end of the Series II block

Honestly the community is so oversaturated at this point that you need to write something this fucking dense, blocked up with endless collapsibles, hazardous memes and spoopy images to be considered 'interesting', and it all has to have a 'larger-than-anything-you-could-possibly-imagine' horror implication otherwise you're fucked

Don't even get me started on the hierarchy in that community, it's idiotic. All those self-inserting tales featuring Clef and Bright are absolute cancer, but no-one dares to challenge it because they're the big cheeses on the site
>>
>>19001998
>someone sees an abhorrently written SCP and comments "what the fuck did I just read"
>mods sperg out about bullying or constructive criticism or whatever

>there's a user named "Communism will win" that's an unironic AnCom with a Tumblr it took me reading the description to realize wasn't satire
>their karma is so fucking high they've achieved Guru

>one of the mods or admins is fucking non-binary

>the Gay Bomb was almost deleted and just barely made it to the archive because apparently anything mentioning homosexuality in a neutral (read: not praising it as progressive and superior to everything else) light is offensive
>>
>>19002543
And don't forget the SCP(s?) that effect people based on their gender identity in spite of their actual sex
>>
>>19002543
This!

"Dr. Natharie Weerasinghe is also the founder and chairwoman of the Foundation Lambda Alliance, a resource group for gay, lesbian, bisexual, trans*, and otherwise queer-identified employees of the Foundation. One of her most controversial decisions as Chairwoman was to ban Dr. Bright from Alliance membership as a trans* individual, regardless of the gender of his current body. Dr. Bright was reportedly mollified after being granted entrance to the First Annual FLA Pride Parade, which according to Site 17 Command never happened and should certainly not be exceeded in pure spectacle, insanity, and consumption of alcohol next year."

http://www.scp-wiki.net/missmercurial-author-page
>>
>>19002635
Don't even get me started on some of the 001 proposals
ESPECIALLY THAT FUCKING RECORD ONE
>>
So, wait, there's a different huge snake SCP, other than the Midgard Serpent?
>>
>>18999089
Get better clearance
>>
File: 2017-05-12.png (56KB, 665x232px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-12.png
56KB, 665x232px
>>19001330
>it's bigger than Manhattan.

That's a gross understatement
>>
>>18999514
I would call +517 rating popular.
Also I'm not sure how frequently you visit the site, but at the time there was a big announcement about the 3000 spot.
>>
>>19001330
Talking about length, there already is 169 http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-169

It just doesn't seem fitting to me when the theme was horror. Thoughts to assasinate was better in my opinion.
>>
>>19002543
That absolute fucking state of that community
>>
>>19001881
Maybe you can suggest a better writing site then?
>>
>>19004697
Yes but it seems to me that any community that gets big and popular slowly becomes shit. I still visit because I love the stories.
>>
>>19001341
Series four technicaly
http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-series-4
>>
>>19004687

i feel like rankings are massively inflated at this point. I haven't read it though; haven't followed scp religiously in ages. I'll take a look.

>>19002543
Did your articles get rejected or something?

>>19001998

This elitism is the real cancer. And it's continued to persist in rather insidious ways.
>>
could always be worst?

Here's the original text of the original SCP-2419:

SCP-2419: The S.C.A.M. Hunter

Item #: 2419

Object Class: Safe

Special Containment Procedures: Can wonder freely if desired. Other wise, he has a 6×8 Meter room with basic necessities. (Bed, Dresser, Communication, Etc.) Also, has to have a lock on his door for privacy, his Weaponry locked in a four digit code gun safe, and reinforced windows to the outside court at Site-(Data Expunged.).

Description: SCP-2419 is a 25 year old man. SCP-24 qo is 2 Meters in Height, has brown hair, green eyes, and fair skin. SCP-2419 wears a Black Trench Coat, Helmet, Respirator, Night/Thermal Vision Goggles, Combat Boots, and Combat Armor.
SCP-2419 has mind based powers. Such as Telekinesis, Telepathy, and Physicism. SCP-2419 caries a standard issue L-Scar Assault Rifle with Attachments, Dual Dessert Eagles with attachments, Dual Katanas, and Dual Custom Knifes. SCP-2419 is Indestructible, doesn't age, and can Regenerate quickly.
SCP-2419 prefers to be called The S.C.A.M. Hunter. SCP-2419 says it's an acronym for Supernatural Creature And Monster Hunter. SCP-2419 believes that he was was made for hunting the Supernatural and Creatures of the unknown.
SCP-2419's Personality is very Enthusiastic. He is also very Sarcastic and cocky. Almost like he has a lot of experience, and knows better than most people, And rightfully so. He can detect other SCPs, Creatures, or even people. He's got High Intelligence and Experience.
He was brought to the Foundation's attention when he had helped intervene in multiple SCP captures. He was tracked by known were abouts from under cover agents. He was captured by the Foundation without resistance.
SCP-2419 Currently works for the MTF Force known as Nine Tailed Fox. He also helps with SCP Capture and Recontainment. He's managed to reach the Top of our Ranks.
>>
>>19004796
look kid, you can only go so far with this format SCP uses
>>
>>19005361
holy shit
>>
>>19004796
No, I do t even write for them dumbass
Because I'm not a good writer
I Kno my place, unlike you
>>
>>19005361
I love reading the new ones, just look for ones that have stupid names or still have [Access Denied] written next to them but red links
>>
>>19005361
Holy fuck thats bad. did an 11 year old lie about their age to be accepted to the site??? Jesus fuck.
>>
File: IMG_2494.jpg (27KB, 288x288px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2494.jpg
27KB, 288x288px
>>19005361
That's some shit right there

A true edgy self insert
>>
>>18997801
does anyone have a copy of the site back when it was original and funny and they weren't just constantly jamming stuff in to try fit the gay SUPR SERUS mythology shit that came together from all of the good old posts.

that shit used to be interesting, now it's all been back edited and everyoen is trying to copy it so even the stuff that is still good is still not like it was.
>>
>>19005694
I'm sorry, the site used to be funny?
Also I think some great skips are pretty recent.
>>
>>19005493
Or, y'know... just click the recently created pages button

http://www.scp-wiki.net/most-recently-created
>>
We should make a site like SCP but with actual standards and not filled with self-inserts and political agendas.
It should also allow more "joke" entries and definitely some more lewd themes. The less family-friendly, the less kids.
And more actually interesting articles, like maybe what SHOULD'VE been done with monthly termination, where there's an entry saying people who think they always did it are affected by a meme, and another saying people who think they never did it are.
>>
>>19005694
SCP-Classic is the closest that you'll find
>>
>>19005886
half of the cannon was tongue in cheek and it wasn't really cannon it was just a fun site with talented writers.

they have all moved on.

the site is now run by people who couldn't get an scp in the first 1000.
>>
>>19005986
this. fucking this.
>>
>>19007705
Instead of letting it deteriorate, we let it end.
The only problem is doing it instead of saying it.
>>
File: 1475226125024.jpg (207KB, 1659x930px) Image search: [Google]
1475226125024.jpg
207KB, 1659x930px
>>19005361
>Dual Katanas, and Dual Custom Knifes
jej

>Dual Dessert Eagles
Sounds tasty
>>
>>19005986
>We should
What's stopping you?
>>
>>19007715
It's just so fucking good at times, you really gonna respect the whole fucking idea they have.

I find similar concepts in things like the Murkoff Corporation from Outlast Series.
>>
>>19007725
I'm not good at that kind of stuff, managing and all that
And I've literally never done anything regarding creating/editing/managing a website, I haven't even read about the topic
>>
>>19002543
I wonder when the fangs of politics sunk into that site.
It's a shame to see this happen to SCP considering it's one of /x/'s ancient inventions.
These shitstains never would have been able to come up with it on their own.
>>
http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-3125

>only accessible via a digital interactive keypad
>SCP-3125 is an extremely large, highly aggressive anomalous metastasized meme complex

kek
>>
File: 1424786634401-2.jpg (23KB, 232x197px) Image search: [Google]
1424786634401-2.jpg
23KB, 232x197px
>>19002543
no. fucking no. Haven't browsed that place in ages...
I had legitimate fun browsing the articles, the concepts and the Stephen King-y parodies of common objects somehow being hyperdimensional-non euclidean-entities devoted to fucking up people

why has it fallen under SJW rule
>>
>>19000724
It's fiction, it's a catalogue of a bunch of paranormal creatures and artifacts written in a very formal, scientific tone. Some of them are pretty cool/creepy, some of them are kinda meh.
>>
>>19009373
New /x/ probably couldn't, either
>>
>>19010214
Kek
>>
lmfao you need clearance for this type of shit?
>>
>>19005361
I have no words.
>>
>>19001961
>no, anon. everyone in the world has the same opinions as you
Oh thank god!
>>
>>19010349
you dont, just click the link
>>
>>19010117
Wtf they have actual keypads now?
>>
>>18997801
It doesn't inflict fear in people, it eats memories. People who go down there lose themselves, get life stories jumbled, and basically become husks who feed d-class to the eel just go harvest the amnestic goo.

Not my favorite from the 3000s (I really liked Chessland) but it feels like a 3000 entry like few of the others did.
>>
File: jaakko1.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
jaakko1.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
>get bored one day while browsing wiki
>fuckit, I'll look at random comment entries
>teenage succubus, random comment page
>immediately see about four people arguing about how it's perpetuating female negative stereotypes or something
>>
>>19005986
I wouldn't be able to provide anything in terms of building the site or many ideas for the format, but I could provide ideas for articles.
>>
>>19017755
We could also Google the account names to see if they also have accounts on Reddit, and IP ban them if they do (don't give them a notification that they're banned and don't tell them it's because of Reddit or they'll stop being obvious about it)
And anyone making self-inserts, instead of having their shitty OCs deleted, will have them killed
Like they did with that one -ARC with the moon and shit
>>
>>19017764
Anyways, ideas for articles:
>two separate articles, one saying there's a meme that makes you believe/do x and the other saying there's a meme that makes you not believe/do x, both should include side-effects of said meme that should be visible in the article's counterpart
>canonically, there will be no established "correct" article

>an entity that can possess people and targets those working in [not!foundation], do something with the article and say it only appears to those not possessed, be it some sort of "cognitohazard" placed at the beginning that would only affect them or something else
>state multiple times the [not!foundation] has been compromised by them
>throw in a few obviously wrong/dangerous bits of information/instructions in other articles, written in a distinctly different tone than the rest of said articles, that if followed would lead you to be killed/possessed or something

>a humanoid that's obviously a shitty self-insert, and has been found randomly appearing in written media over the world
>make it so edgy and terribly written that Coldsteel seems normal in comparison

>an extremely dangerous entity/object that, upon further investigation, is just some meme or something and doesn't actually exist in the real world

I'll think of more later. Sorry for the "Reddit spacing" here, but since some ideas spanned multiple lines I wanted to make it obvious where one ends and the next begins
>>
>>19017815
I need somewhere to put all of this because I doubt this thread will still be up when/if this even happens
>>
>>19017815
>>19017764
>>19005986
>>19005694
I didn't know /x/ was this bad
>>
>>19017823
A-at least I'm not a literal schizo?
Not that I'm any less autistic...
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.