[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, how exactly do Tarot cards work?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: Gengar.gif (127KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Gengar.gif
127KB, 500x500px
So, how exactly do Tarot cards work?
>>
>>18997784
each card represents an archetype. to learn more about archetypes you can search carl jung. he brought the concept to western culture. every person carries every archetype within their psychology.
tarot cards are a combination of archetype interpretation and numerology interpretation. you should draw several cards and reflect on how the archetypes in those cards are currently present in your every day life. its for self improvement.
people who say they can read your future with them usually have no idea what they're actually doing. a lot of people are misled when it comes to stuff like this.
when you talk about channeling spirits and having the spirits pick the cards for you, then what's happening is the spirit is either a)fucking with you b) showing you the planets current ruling archetypes or c) genuinely helping you. C is extremely rare i'll have you know
>>
>>18997827
Makes sense. I actually did some personal research on archetypes earlier on when I first became interested in the occult.

So does that mean the cards have no link to paranormal forces and that they are essentially only "powerful" due to personal interpretations?

I've been practicing with readings on and off for the past six months and whenever I do draw cards, they are incredible accurate to past, present, and most recently future situations that I've experienced.
>>
>>18997784
they don't mongoloid
>>
>>18997784
You slide them through your asscrack like you're sliding a credit card.
>>
>>18997784
>>18997871
You guys are late. Wasn't expecting a midday post?
>>
>>18997856
That's when you get into channeling. There's nothing special about the cards themselves, anything can be used as a medium for spirits to channel through.
for the most part, yes. they are powerful because of personal interpretation. the mind is always creating and all archetypes are present at any given moment but expressed through polarity so you can look back and see how a card perfectly fits the situation, but all cards will accurately fit at all times if you look hard enough. We don't see the whole spectrum, everything is contributing to the single experience.
likewise if you pull a card that tells you this is your future, if you are not conscious of your actions then through self fulfillment, you will make the archetype in that card more prominent than all the others in any event in your life that you deem to be important, make it true. but that's really only beneficial to get you to see how the archetypes are in fact present in your life.
the most beneficial thing you can do is learn to see all the archetypes at all times and how they govern your overall experience of life as a single human
>>
>>18997949
>>18997949
What resources should I look for to learn more about channeling? I just recently discovered that my mother's side of my family are all channelers, and that my dad's side of the family have some kind of paranormal quality as well (he could see spirits).

I feel like this has something to do with being born near New Orleans also. Theres always something going down in the swamp.
>>
>>18997784
My thoughts on the accuracy of any oracle or divinatory device: 'accuracy' is interpreted or misinterpreted by your capacity to generate meaning that is valuable and relevant to you and your own conscious/subconscious.
If you allow, a search engine can be a divination tool. It is your own mind and ability to connect meaning in apparent random symbols and information that is important.
>>
>>18998089
You should be careful when it comes to stuff like that. there's a lot of fake information out there. The best teacher you can have is yourself through trial and error.
The first thing you have to master is your own intuition. in order to channel you have to set aside all of your preconceived notions and expectations. you should learn to see things for what they are without analyzing or projecting anything on to them..
Trust me, the biggest cause for channeling gone wrong is a person "channeling" their own ideas and beliefs through the voice of spirits. so if you're serious about channeling it's vital that you keep a clear mind as much of the time as possible.
There's no one direction I can point you in so I strongly suggest that you start looking into scrying, numerology, and above all, gnosticteachings, specifically teachings on egos.
and keep in mind that ghosts, I say ghosts because you said you're in the new Orleans area. but ghosts are just disembodied egos. when a person dies in a highly charged manner what happens is that the consciousness gets trapped in the traumatic event. and when you research egos you'll learn about this, but egos are like computer programs that run repeatedly as a self defense mechanism. they literally just repeat the same thing over and over. that's why ghosts never seem to change. I mention this because when you channel ghosts that's what you'll be talking to, egos. unless you get into channeling spirits of higher dimensions, then you really need to do your homework on the gnostic teachings because those entities can be very evil but present themselves as angels so you need to know how to tell the difference.
But yeah for starter's.... you know how people show those pictures of calm water with a drop falling into it and little ripples coming out? that's how you want your mind to be... no chaos, no distractions.. whatever comes to you let it come and let it go.. They'll reach out to you with time!
>>
>Throw cards down in fancy pattern.
>Look at artwork on card.
>Make up shit based on card's artwork.

Anyone telling you there's more to it is lying.
>>
>>18998446
Thanks for the sage advice Non-Anon. Actually I've run into a large amount of synchronicities surrounding numerology and gnostic subjects that I've looked up. Interesting note about ghosts being disenbodied egos. I've been studying Chaos Magic and sigil crafting which have been both pretty successful with the tarot cards.
>>
>>18998493
They represent planets, elements, zodiac signs, and a shitload of other stuff which is interpreted based on relation to one another. But we can tell you clearly did your homework before posting out of your ass.
>>
>>18997784
Read The Book of Thoth.

https://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/crowley/libro_thoth.htm
>>
File: 1449808922659.jpg (95KB, 499x793px) Image search: [Google]
1449808922659.jpg
95KB, 499x793px
>>18997784
They don't actually "work". Tarot is all about reading your target. Before the cards come out, the reader is already sizing up the audience and tkaing in whatever little details they're the type to take in and preparing to ue that information to give their audience either their genuine opinion or what they think they'll want to hear. The cards work as a way to direct these ideas. They give you reasons and ways to tie this or that idea into the reading.

I've been reading for about a decade and the way I see it, s it's all a big puzzle game. You're given the pieces and the players and the goal is to figure out what conclusion will come of these events or those based on the information you can take in from the two.

I'm a strict non-magic believer, though I don't really say this openly irl, because what interests me most about people that perform "magic" is why they believe in it and how deeply they actually believe it. Magic, in a lot of ways, is used to manipulate people, both the performers and audience(and I mean this in a very wide way. author=performer/reader=audience etc.). I think the only real magic in the works is the combination of idea, freedom to ponder and rhetoric. We humans tend to figure out the weirdest ways to efficiently get things done if given enough time.
>>
>>18999164
That's how illusionists and con artist "fortune tellers" do it, yes.
>>
File: 1473202798302.jpg (62KB, 398x298px) Image search: [Google]
1473202798302.jpg
62KB, 398x298px
>>18999168
If you think there's anything feeding information to folks besides people and their idea's, you're entitled to that opinion and I won't bunk it. But I strongly disagree. Recognizing it as presenting your own ideas through semi-random catalysts or recognizing it as channeling some outward energy doesn't change what it actually is. And from what I've seen/practiced/researched, there aren't any outside elements besides other humans, their ideas and the things that give them those ideas. Again though, that's just my opinion and interpretation.

That being said, there is a certain magic to the art. It's not all about telling your opinions or giving people what they want to hear. Every interaction is unique and, if you're the genuine type, can be a strange opportunity to explore both your own mind and that of another. I really love tarot, I just don't believe there's anything magical about it.
>>
File: Pepesaur.jpg (32KB, 321x321px) Image search: [Google]
Pepesaur.jpg
32KB, 321x321px
>>18999195
I say magic in the context of one's Will effecting whatever subject, be it an outcome, object, person etc.

I have a kind of weird personal theory about this sort of thing. Kind of like the Force from Star Wars lore, but that if one focuses enough, they can use it to alter their reality. So by that sense, when I use Tarot cards, I Will a form of communication with the cards. Same as when a person considers something personally lucky to them.

My question is, how would I be able to prove that the cards are responding to me and vice versa? All of my readings have been pinpoint accurate to my specific day to day situations, which I can chalk up to firmly believing in them, but would that be grounds to pass them off as wishful thinking and a placebo effect?
>>
>>19000074
that definitely is not the case. I have tested it through different years, different mediums and styles. You can still receive the same results. You can also receive very accurate info reading people or events. The thing is, in my experience, the tarot likes to embrace the will of saturn, preventing change and keeping suffering the same. Worse than the Hierophant. Even if you try to make radical changes it will try to advise you otherwise. It leans towards fascism and a broken sense of justice.
Just dont mock it. One shot and you are good to go.
>>
>>19000217
When I was with my ex she did a reading for me and the first card she pulled was the Nine of Swords. That was my first experience with Tarot cards circa 2011 and my life has been pretty unlucky since then. Do you think what you described has something to do with it?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.