[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dragons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

Hey /x/ I want to have a brain dump with you guys. About Dragons.

'Dragons' are real. They are the Draco/Annunaki. The 'Reptilians' if you will. The source of mankind's sentience. What did they want from Earth? Gold. Lots of Gold. 100% of all major prehistoric civilizations the sprung up around the world have a few things in common. 1) The gods look like big serpents and have dominion over the skies. 2) They sprung up near immense gold deposits. 3) The rulers of these civs claim to be direct descendants of the gods themselves.

Have you ever thought about 'why' all of these fictitious stories about dragons they are terrible cold-hearted beasts but for some reason have huge hordes of gold for no reason? 'Or why these same kinds of stories exist amongst all peoples of the world now?

Symbolically in most human cultures, dragons represent knowledge, courage, power, wisdom, royalty, and divine providence.

what I find most interesting though is that unanimously, Dragons are 'bad'. they are cruel beasts for heroes to vanquish and free the town from tyranny and terror.

The serpent from the stories of adam/eve being a dragon actually adds a lot of context and meaning to what the story is trying to tell.
>>
>>18996402

So you read Zee Karya Sitting? Cool.
>>
Dragons even make an appearance in the epic of gilgamesh. Widly believed as one of the 1st written stories to have ever existed.

The concept of dragons have literally existed alongside humanity since the beginning.
>>
File: Saint-George.jpg (53KB, 550x430px) Image search: [Google]
Saint-George.jpg
53KB, 550x430px
>>18996402
>Symbolically in most human cultures
You mean in the Asian ones based on the Chinese dragon lore? Because the European and Middle Eastern ones tend to be fucking monsters, dude. And I'm pretty sure the one St. George supposedly killed was a crocodile.

>what I find most interesting though is that unanimously, Dragons are 'bad'. they are cruel beasts for heroes to vanquish and free the town from tyranny and terror.
Except they're not. Again, the ones in Asia tend to be revered. For some they tend to rank alongside the gods. They can be dangerous when crossed, but can also be incredibly generous. Unless I'm mistaken, there is an actual link implied between the Chinese Emperor and dragons.

I recall one story where a guy helps out an old man deal with some horrible beast, and the old man reveals himself to be a dragon. Like... king of the sea or something. He then takes the guy back with him. The guy gets to marry the princess and live happily, but then he starts to miss home. So he goes home with a box that he's warned not to open. Or maybe he was told not to set foot upon the shore? Might be both.

It's strikingly similar to many other stories of people abducted or invited into the fairy kingdom for only a night or a weekend - because like all of those, he goes home to find decades have past, everyone he knows has died, and he was thought to have died as well. And sure enough, he sets foot on shore, or opens the box, or whatever, and immediately his age catches up to him and he crumbles to dust.

So honestly I'd link it more to fairy lore than some David Icke bullshit. Dragons are simply beings of nature. Wild, untameable, unpredictable beings of nature. And the comparison between their depictions and treatment in the East and West really comes down to how they feel about nature.

In the West, they sought to overcome it. The spear through the beast, the monster slain. In the East, they only wanted to coexist with it. They feared it, but knew its benefits.
>>
>>18996402
So what is Saint George? He was supposed to be the killer of a dragon, maybe Reptilian enemy?
>>
>>18996402
Dont dragons in chinese culture mean good luck.
Or singnificant change?
>>
>The textual evidence for the sources of gold used in Mesopotamia is irregular. The Sumerian texts name Aratta as a source while the Gudea records mention both the mountain of Ḫaḫḫum, near Samsat in modern Turkey, and Meluḫḫa. Other texts refer to a perhaps mythical place known as (Ḫ)arallu, supposedly located in the hinterland of Iran, as a source of gold. Other possible sources are named by Shu-Sin, such as 'Su-land', most likely in western Iran, and (Mar)daman in south-eastern Turkey. Texts referring to Dilmun mention that gold is traveling to Ur up the Gulf, perhaps originating in Meluḫḫa.[1]
>>
File: Kunisada_II_The_Dragon.jpg (133KB, 420x602px) Image search: [Google]
Kunisada_II_The_Dragon.jpg
133KB, 420x602px
>>18996459
>I recall one story
I should have clarified that this is a Japanese story. That said, Japan also had the dragon Yamata-no-Orochi, who was a total bastard and Susa-no-O cut that bitch down.

Pretty sure most other Japanese dragons were super chill though. Mostly due to Chinese influence.
>>
I'm really curious as to why gold has been so important to all of humanity throughout its history.

the only plausible reason so far has been "its rare!".

what confuses me the most about gold is hold this rarity gave it such value. Gold really is a trash tier metal (with the only exception being its electrical conductivity, which has only been important in the past 100yrs)
>>
>>18996402
>The serpent from the stories of adam/eve being a dragon actually adds a lot of context and meaning to what the story is trying to tell.

The serpent from the Bible is called Nahash, which means serpent in Hebrew. The story makes more sense if you replace the fruit of knowledge of good and evil with the fruit from the tree of life.

I mean, what did we truly gain after they ate that fruit(knowledge)? We put tiny leaves over our dicks? Afterwards, according to the Bible, we were able to replicate our genetic code, breath life into everything around us how we see fit, and are souls now live on for eternity. Plus, that serpent really did tell the truth in that case. They say that criminals are born when they are punished for being honest, albeit absolute honesty isn't always the best policy.

Also, I believe that knowledge is experience and information over Time.

Nahash is still a villain though in my honest opinion.

All of this is just my opinion, but go ahead and tell whomever you see fit about this. They'll just scoff it off as nonsense probably.
>>
>>18996512
Well, rarity is a factor, but then there's some other stuff.
-Its yellow color ties it to the sun, which is important to most cultures in some form.
-Gold does not tarnish, further enhancing its perceived mystical properties. It's also probably why it was used for coins as monetary units - fewer rusty coins, less need to gather more materials for the coins. And yet they still went gold hunting...
-Gold is soft, allowing it to be readily formed into jewelery (and coins) and alloyed with other metals fairly easily.
-It's surprisingly heavy. I don't know if this is a thing to mention for why anyone would consider it valuable, but I'm sure they thought something weird was up with it.
-Definitely unrelated to older notions of value, but I feel like it should be mentioned that nowadays it's found some good use in scientific and medicinal fields, as well as technology due to its conductivity.

I don't see much appeal in it aesthetically, but it does have a lot of utility and cultural significance behind it. It's actually a pretty neat metal. Rarity is only the start.
>>
>>18996512
No, it's the ultimate energy conductor.
>>
Don't forget that gold is a symbol of wisdom.

"How much better it is to get wisdom than gold! And to get understanding is to be chosen above silver."

My personal take? Western dragons are "evil" because they try to hoard knowledge and wisdom to themselves and thus take it out of the natural ecosystem. In a way this is a usurpation of God's authority because they are attempting to build new information ecosystems when this is God's job.

However, in another sense this is part of the order of creation as God designed it, a natural and unavoidable manifestation of the fact that the book of life is written in the way it is. So regarding a dragon as evil in that context seems absurd.
>>
>>18996624
The last one isn't modern at all, it's considered a Yang metal in chinese culture and widely used in traditional chinese medicine for millenia given that the practice itself is based upon restoring balance between the 5 elements within the body. Also considered the greatest conductor of qi after silver hence lots of silver and gold needles used in acupuncture and as decoration on swords and armor.
>>
I do not believe that the draco reptilians are the same as dragons. It's a whole different specie...
>>
>>18996402
Sorry to burst your Fat LARP hoax op but:

- Anunnaki are not Reptilians, but they did create humanity, stop creating vision you ugly vlash bastard.

- Reptilians don't give as much of a single shit about gold, their reason to be on Earth is for the use of a "Slave Warrior" creature, think Mamelukes of Saracen Egypt, also Earth's natural energy, deep surface adamantine, and other more important resources, such as humans, life, energy, non-gold metals, and other resources, oil for example, but mostly territory.

- Dragons? There are two types, the ones that come from the Vlash/Reptilian homeworld, essentially as you'd expect, aka gold hoarders, destructive, the other type are biologically identical, the difference? this one is native to our planet, is practically extinct on this planet, and has a sub-species that involved sapience, which includes the Asian Dragons.

The Good Dragons (Earth Natives) are associated with Knowledge, Courage, power, etc, the Bad Ones are immortalised into media as vicious psychopaths.

Also on the Anunnaki, they didn't come here for gold (kinda did, not really, more or less just adding a bit of money to their bank, then the igigi/zeta company mercs shit, bang humans had another reason to be made) they came here for:

1. An Outpost/Refuel Station (Babel) 2. Religiously along with another race, on the grounds that a new race using both of their blood, thus humans were made. 3. more or less documenting plants and animals, they took a few specimens incl. Tobacco, Hops, Grains, Pigs, Chooks, etc

Stop bullshiting OP and fuck outta here with your Anti-Anunnaki Reptilian Shit you fucking Vlash Shill
>>
>>18996798
I think dragons are evil as opposed to eastern dragons becuase western tradition often demonized nature and the wilderness.

A dragon was probably seen as the pinnicle of beasts. And more percieved as forces of nature rather than an opposing army.

Dragons in the eastern tradition were viewed differently becuase of the wjole harmony with nature instead of subjugating it
>>
File: 1489964232007.png (5KB, 339x302px) Image search: [Google]
1489964232007.png
5KB, 339x302px
The real question is, what happens if you sexually dominate a truly evil dragon?
>>
Original dragons are primordial beings born along with the multiverse, they're timeless and carry the power of creation. They're way above small fries like the Demiurge as they can actually forge their own worlds. There's just a couple of those though. Then come their descendants, the greater elementals, those form a part of their world, like an extension of it, and are invincible as long as the world stands. Those are the Chinese gods of cardinal directions, Jormungandr, Leviathan, Aziz or YHWH the traitor. Then come their offsprings, minor elementals mentioned in most legends.
>>
Original dragons are primordial beings born along with the multiverse, they're timeless and carry the power of creation. They're way above small fries like the Demiurge as they can actually forge their own worlds. There's just a couple of those though. Then come their descendants, the greater elementals, those form a part of their world, like an extension of it, and are invincible as long as the world stands. Those are the Chinese gods of cardinal directions, Jormungandr, Leviathan, Aziz or YHWH the traitor. Then come their offsprings, minor elementals mentioned in most legends.
>>
File: 1481312244154.png (1MB, 595x763px) Image search: [Google]
1481312244154.png
1MB, 595x763px
>>18996402
yeah man, dragons
>>
Why would they mine gold in the deep gravity well of earth when there's more than enough gold in the asteroid belt with it's shallow gravity wells?
>>
>>18997437
You can add Tren Tren vilu and Cai Cai vilu from Mapuche creation myth to that list.

It's amazing how the southern legends resemble the nordic legends, while the viracocha cult resemble the abrahamic religions.
>>
>>18996402
dragons are an amalgamation of predatory animals
snakes, raptors, big cats, etc

so they are treated as bad because early man had reason to fear them. and that fear has existed since before civilization therefore it spread through all of them equally

hordes of gold and slaying them for glory was a recent addition brought on by explorers and soldiers who wanted to pretend the uncharted world was more interesting than it was
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.