[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Religion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 120
Thread images: 25

What are the religions of /x/
>>
my wiener
>>
>>18995196
I'll start with myself: I'm not really anything because I don't think of myself as a great enough being to consider the highest caliber of the supernatural.
>>
File: Echs.png (85KB, 888x747px) Image search: [Google]
Echs.png
85KB, 888x747px
>>
>>18995203
I'm interested.
>>
>>18995211
Well, start worshipping
>>
>>18995196
There are only two.

Atheist
Retard
>>
>>18995314
>Atheist
>Retard
Pick two
>>
File: dawkins meme.jpg (94KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
dawkins meme.jpg
94KB, 750x500px
>>18995314
So, if I'm not retarded, I should believe in atheism religiously?
>>
>>18995196
christian
>>
>>18995314
atheism isn't a religion
that doesn't count
>>
>>18995473
I do believe they can count. they are much smarter than most people, just ask them
>>
Jedi.

>>18995314
You seem awfully hostile. It seems to me that you've never actually studied religious beliefs, or why humanity has developed them.

Even as an atheist, it seems like something worth studying to know exactly why you don't believe, doesn't it?

It's not about being a "retard." If anything, it might be because we're too clever. Humans sense patterns, even where patterns do not exist.

Our talent for imagination allowed us to plan ahead in hunts, invent tools and weapons, and defend ourselves against predators and other people. By analyzing behavior, we were able to (in a sense) peer into the minds of others, and even into beasts.

The problem came when we began to use those abilities to try and understand other things. Such as weather, or death, or probability. In our attempts to understand the world, we created the notion of beings controlling the world. We anthropomorphized the beasts, and the trees, and the mountains, and the storms.

Was this wrong? Of course. They are not human, and it's ridiculous to try and reason with them as humans. But to be perfectly honest, it's very human to attempt it.

And you're an idiot for belittling people for their beliefs. It makes you no better than those religious nuts that speak out against nonbelievers, or believers in other religions.
>>
File: 1493987518238.png (201KB, 463x459px) Image search: [Google]
1493987518238.png
201KB, 463x459px
>>18995196
Other than laws and law enforcement officers, religion is another great method to manipulate and control the people.
>>
>>18995473
I would argue that they are a religion.
>>
>>18995824
I've met several atheists who insist it is not.

Doesn't stop them from acting like it is though.
>>
>>18995196
Shaman reporting in
>>
File: viracocha_by_genzoman-d4albpy.jpg (218KB, 718x1000px) Image search: [Google]
viracocha_by_genzoman-d4albpy.jpg
218KB, 718x1000px
>>18995196
I'm animistic in practice and I usually defend a pletora of Andean religions specially the cult of Viracocha, had my experience with it, because of my upbringing and I like it, but I follow the animistic ways of the people from where I grew up, that are fairly simple.
>>
Atheism isn't a religion, but it is a faith in Nothing. Which make atheists the dumbest sheep
>>
>>18996023
Where can I find texts of the viracocha faith? Or oral history recordings
>>
>>18995196
Henotheist
>>
>>18996003
Seconded
>>
File: homudark.jpg (47KB, 506x960px) Image search: [Google]
homudark.jpg
47KB, 506x960px
>>18995196
Weeaboo Satanism.
>>
I'm not really sure what I am right now. I was an atheist for the longest time, but lately I've been questioning. Not because of anything specific, but because I realized that A) I just kind of one day decided to be an Atheist and never questioned it after that, and B) "Everyone has to believe in something" and I realized I believed in nothing.

So in the span of a month I went from Magick doesn't real, paranormal doesn't real, spiritual doesn't real; to now reading up on magick, hermetism, LaVey Satanism, starting to believe in spiritual things, etc. It's all very confusing, But all I know for sure is that doubting your beliefs is always a good thing in the end, and while my magickal practice has just been limited to lesser banishing rites I'm definitely feeling an affect. I can't say how or why, but it's 100% something.

For some reason, probably just because someone who I'm getting Magickal information from online is one, I feel a weird pull towards Hermetism. But I definately feel like I can get behind Pantheism. Which is weird coming from an ex-atheist
>>
>>18996044
Atheism is a rejection of God. Agnosticism is the inability to grasp the interweaved picture of reality, or that it points to God.
>>
>>18996473
>Atheism is a rejection of God.
Pretty sure that's antitheism?
>Agnosticism is the inability to grasp the interweaved picture of reality, or that it points to God.
And that's not what agnosticism is at all.
>>
>>18995196
Glorifying a disbelief is proof of how pathetic and desperate athetits are. Nature abhors a vacuum after all.
>>
>>18995774
You tried.
>>
>>18996536
nice opinions you have there. Anything to back your weird superstitions and believes up?
>>
>>18995795
believing in the fluoride stare makes you the biggest retard of them all
>>
>>18995196
I practice Hinduism myself. I am a Vaishnava specifically, which is a worshipper of Vishnu; the highest God.
>>
>>18996062
>the worship of one god without denying the existence of other gods
???
That doesn't declare what you believe. Or rather, it doesn't declare WHO you believe.
>>
>>18996713
>Anything to back your weird superstitions and believes up?

A human history filled with supernatural reports that you can purchase in any library in encyclopedic format.
>>
File: ascensionquake.png (155KB, 1413x629px) Image search: [Google]
ascensionquake.png
155KB, 1413x629px
>>18995196
>What are the religions of /x/

Pagan...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdGZilkhXvY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3Kxqx5Xfuo
>>
>>18997794
>a human history
into the trash it goes
>>
File: TheDarkApoth2.jpg (366KB, 1326x854px) Image search: [Google]
TheDarkApoth2.jpg
366KB, 1326x854px
>>18996713
>nice opinions you have there. Anything to back your weird superstitions and believes up?

I am a former atheist with evidence of the gods for those who are attentive and honest with themselves...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2m_pmFkEVE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWB0ZRBCTKY
>>
Jedi
>>
>>18995196
Atheism. If you're not an atheist you're basically a retard.
>>
>>18995314
Best post.
>>
>>18997989

Atheist is basically dying of idiocy.

You can die of wrong faith

But dying of idiocy... shit man.
>>
File: vajrayogini1.jpg (583KB, 1000x1414px) Image search: [Google]
vajrayogini1.jpg
583KB, 1000x1414px
>>18995196
Vajrayana Buddhism
>>
>>18995196
Thelema
>>
>>18998125
Ditto.
>>
>>18995196
Meontonome. The only truth that resonates on to me.
But I don't approach it really like a religion. More a way of living.
>>
>>18998019
you make it sound like your faith is directly responsible for your death...

Athiesm is just the acceptance that everything spiritual is just science we don't know yet. no reason to make a religion from it, worship it, pretend that acknowledging it will improve your life
its just more stuff

no different than forming a bunch of silly rituals and beliefs around fish, or subatomic particles.

Church of Higgs-Boson here I come
>>
>>18998247
Atheïsm can sound pretty empty to some. But to the esoteric initiated intellectual science sound very spiritual.
Alchemy is not a religion, however does try to answer questions about the way one can fill her or his life with deeper meaning.

If you don't get or like Atheïsm, it's not for you. It's no religion and nobody needs you to join the club.
We just hope you one day realize you just as well can leave your religious safe haven, because it turns out to be inconsistent. That is beter for future generations who do need to deal with new insights and discoveries making religion look more and more useless.
>>
Daoism
>>
File: KEK.jpg (9KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
KEK.jpg
9KB, 236x236px
Zen Kekism

>Quantum Immortality
>T I M E L I N E S
>reality = memes
>>
>>18999162
actually die you fucking autistic sperg
>>
>>18999177
>Quantum Immortality
>actually die

Sorry bro I can't
>>
Awful lot of heretics in here...
>>
Paganism
or Zen
I really don't know, but it's gotta be one of those two
>>
File: impcomm.png (462KB, 922x980px) Image search: [Google]
impcomm.png
462KB, 922x980px
>>18997989
>Atheism. If you're not an atheist you're basically a retard.

Don't get overconfident... Just because the Abrahamics and their accomplices are liars, murderers, rapists, terrorists, thieves, and frauds doesn't mean everyone in history also is....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nv-Gqd4xuAI
>>
>>18995196
Atheist with one or two very strange experiences including what was either a delusion or run in/meeting with an Arcturian.

String theory shows evidence of 11 dimensions. I feel things can exist on higher dimensions. And I believe arcturians for example are real and acheived higher dimensional existance through advanced genetic engineering.
>>
>>18996713
How are those opinions? Are you brain-dead? Even atheists who aren't arrogant would agree.
>>
>>18996713
>opinions
>automatically assumes the poster believes in anything superstitious

This is how desperate athetits are.
>>
>>18999652
>atheists who aren't arrogant would agree.

Yep. I do at least. Big difference between being unconvinced by lack of evidence or simply not having any life relevance with religion, and committing yourself to letting the world know you dont believe something, and asserting that somehow makes you superior..

...even though an atheist more than anyone should understand how much they dont actually matter at all.
>>
Agnostic, I guess. I say "theo-skeptic" because agnostic reads as Diet Atheist(TM) which doesn't really comport with my beliefs.

I would love to believe in a God, to be honest. I was nominally raised Christian but never devoutly, so I never held religion as a deep conviction but I always liked the idea of some being/force/entity/whatever governing and ordering the universe and everything having it's place and purpose etc. But I've never seen anything to support that, much less the idea that such a divinity acknowledges and intervenes in the existence of Man.

Everyone says "don't put God to the test, you can't understand the will of the Divine etc etc" but I say to hell with that. Every religion's founders has had tales of miracles performed by their deity, if we take them at face value they didn't need faith in something unseen and unknowable because they saw a man walk on water, a box of holy objects destroy entire armies, an illiterate merchant compose poetry, and that's just the Judeo-Christian faiths. Where are the miracles for the 21st century? Why has God decided, apparently, that we're good now, and we don't need occasional reminders of his/her/its existence like the past 5,000 years of human civilization have gotten?

Show me one miracle. One thing that openly defies all scientific explanation. Show me that and I will drop to my knees and praise Christ that instant. But until then I just can't bring myself to keep the belief in something that's given me no reason to believe in it.
>>
Roman Catholic
>>
>>18999162
Kekism is a dumb religion, /pol/.
>>
File: Persephone-01.jpg (124KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Persephone-01.jpg
124KB, 800x1200px
Gnosticism
>>
Scientologist
>>
>>19000003
It's mean to be dumb to piss people off.
>>
>>18996715
How ironic.
>>
Mormonism. It's a modern mystery religion that stresses mystical experience and direct knowledge/revelation through prayer/meditation. I consider it the true heir to both Hermeticism and Christianity.
>>
>>18996044
Says the moron who refers to his god as "the shepherd."

Your god literally calls you a sheep.

Go to bed you, creepy religious weirdo.
>>
>>18999874
>Agnostic, I guess.

I hate this. Agnostic used to mean something. Agnosticism was a hardline stance on the nature of ultimate reality and the ability for humanity to comprehend it. Forget the wishy-washy "Oh gee, perhaps maybe, I don't know" crap.

An Agnostic knows that we will never understand the ultimate nature of reality. Nothing will ever let us truly comprehend All. Not science, not religion, nothing. Agnosticism is we CANNOT know. Any meaning found is merely vainglorious wallpapering of the tumultuous chaos surrounding us; projected false confidence to shoo away the nightmares of doubt and uncertainty.
>>
>>18999620
>theory
>evidence
Piss off, intellectual pleb
>>
>>19000003
It's a beneficial spiritual practice if you can get into it. It's not like a full religion or anything.

Think of it is a ritual.
>>
>>18999874
If someone pulls a coin out of thin air, does that means this person's preachings are worth following?
If someone makes a rabbit disappear, does this means that person is holy?
If you hear a story about a guy walking on water, do you suppose to not take that metaphorically?
If you hear a story about someone 'predicting ' the future (like: a new president will engage in a war with heavy casualties ), does that really means you should call science a conspiracy?

This is what Jesusists do. People who are that foolish, can never be argued with at an intelligent level. Wish them good luck, say you are sorry for them being that mentally ill and confused and move on.
The more attention you give them, the more they think they are not sick. When we keep calling being Christian a mental illness, we might someday have killed the cancer it truly is.
>>
>>19000415
Theory doesnt mean in science what it means in every day language...

>law of gravity

All particles attract every other particle. More practically, when you drop a rock it hits the ground.

>theory of gravity

The mathematical formulas that will tell you its speed acceleration and force when it hits the ground. The math and evidence that ties together all we know about gravity.

When you say or suggest something is "just a theory" youre confusing theory for hypothesis.

It takes a lot of evidence and practical application, and eventually the ability to predict outcomes before a hypothesis becomes a "theory".
>>
File: 1473287067186.png (276KB, 541x329px) Image search: [Google]
1473287067186.png
276KB, 541x329px
Some kind of paganism I guess
>>
>>18996050
Look for books on Inca religion and myths, I just find the parallels with the bible myths to be more than inetersting.

"The Natives of this land affirm that in the beginning, and before this world was created, there was a being called Viracocha. He created a dark world without sun, moon or stars.

Owing to this creation he was named Viracocha Pachayachachi, which means "Creator of all things."

And when he had created the world he formed a race of giants of disproportioned greatness painted and sculptured, to see whether it would be well to make real men of that size.

He then created men in his likeness as they are now; and they lived in darkness.

Viracocha ordered these people that they should live without quarreling, and that they should know and serve him. He gave them a certain precept which they were to observe on pain of being confounded if they should break it.

They kept this precept for some time, but it is not mentioned what it was. But as there arose among them the vices of pride and covetousness, they transgressed the precept of Viracocha Pachayachachi and falling, through this sin, under his indignation, he confounded and cursed them.

Then some were turned into stones, others into other things, some were swallowed up by the earth, others by the sea, and over all there came a general flood which they call uñu pachacuti, which means "water that overturns the land."

They say that it rained 60 days and nights, that it drowned all created things, and that there alone remained some vestiges of those who were turned into stones, as a memorial of the event, and as an example to posterity, in the edifices of Pucara, which are 60 leagues from Cuzco"
>>
>>18998247
>Athiesm is just the acceptance that everything spiritual is just science we don't know yet
thats completely false.
>>
>>18999874
agnostic what?
>>
>>19000889
everybody knows this you sperg. a theory still doesnt "show evidence" you fucking retard. you make the theory with the evidence. fucking hell
>>
Atheism is the belief that you represent science.

It's a mental illness.
>>
why does it look like the symbol for starfleet?
>>
Anything else than true agnosticism is highly unscientific. So that I am.
>>
>>19000976
But what about say with the concept of moksha/enlightenment (and there are many different terms for it but I would imagine that broadly speaking you will know what I am talking about); with it being a state that does not necessarily postulate or need the existence of a God but which is supposedly achievable in a human lifetime.

Now, whether enlightenment is a real thing or not can never be proved it can only be experienced. So where does this leave agnosticism?
>>
>>18995774
Just because it's "human" doesn't mean it's something that should be held in high regard.
>>
>>19000981
A hardline agnostic would be completely against the idea of enlightenment. The idea that you can be "one with everything" and gain some universal wisdom is bunk. You are taking mental phenomenon and confusing it with reality. You have no way to truly know whether your hallucination has any meaning. Agnostic does not mean "I don't know about God's existence."
>>
File: Our_Lord.jpg (49KB, 350x323px) Image search: [Google]
Our_Lord.jpg
49KB, 350x323px
>>
>>18995196
deepwater jew
>>
>>19003141
All glory to AquaYHWH.
>>
File: photo.jpg (100KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
100KB, 900x900px
>>18995314
>>
I tried being Christian but while I learned a lot from God I don't think we're good for each other. I'm really just a magician.
>>
>>18996023
God of Hockey?
>>
>>18995196
I'm a Catholic. I'm just here for spooky stuff. I don't believe most, of this shit is real, but it's fun.
>>
>>19004768
Count some rosary beads for that sinful use of commas.
>>
>>19004770
I originally had a "if any" in there but I deleted it and forgot to take one of the commas with it.
>>
>>18999162
Enlighten me.
>>
Mormon
>>
>>19004777
Judging by your religion you forget to think so it isn't surprising. I don't blame you.
>>
>>18995196
I'm a Carl Sagan brand Atheist.
I'd love for there to be something more; God(s), afterlife, spirits, all that jazz.
But the outlook ain't too bright, so just try focusing on the now.
>>
I am an animist. I believe the divine is a single entity with many aspects. Some of these major aspects have been interpreted as gods by people throughout the years, have been named, and put into a mythology. Whether these gods are universal aspects with different names, or unique spirits based on locality, I don't know.

More importantly are the minor spirits in this world, the ones that manifest in the natural places of the world. I give these local spirits simple offerings at shrines in remote places. Respecting nature and its creatures is paramount.

I was raised catholic, stopped going to church/believing in God when I became a teenager. I read a lot and decided I wasn't actually atheist, but the Christian god really didn't appeal to me. I liked the philosophies of the Hindus and Buddhists, and even more the stories of old European gods - the Norse, Celtic, and Roman ones. I don't worship a specific pantheon of gods both because I don't have that cultural connection with those gods, and because most modern day pagans are dumb wiccans or viking LARPers.
>>
File: qinsmoon1.jpg (21KB, 640x421px) Image search: [Google]
qinsmoon1.jpg
21KB, 640x421px
Daoism with wicca tendencies. Atheist.
>>
>>18995196
Initiated Wicca. Baptized catholic. Been to death and back. Became grey and spectral.
>>
>>19005754
Like four directions, Mistress and the Master. Four initiates.
>>
But honestly, I'm not sure anyone got it right. It may be too ancient to have a label. All of it.
>>
Same as /pol/ Esteroic Hitlerism
>>
>>18995196
Discordian.
>>
>>18995196
I believe none of the existing religions is correct, but they all hide a bit of truth in them.

What does that make me?
>>
>>19000602
>Genuinely believes thtat Christianity is the cause of all evils

I bet you think Islam raping and murdering kids all over is something great and wonderful right Muhammad?
>>
>>19006047
Perennialist.
>>
File: affinities.jpg(2)-651526924.jpg (38KB, 638x292px) Image search: [Google]
affinities.jpg(2)-651526924.jpg
38KB, 638x292px
>>18995196

It looks like the Purity affinity symbol.
>>
File: DUDE-CUBES-LMAO.jpg (495KB, 1919x1219px) Image search: [Google]
DUDE-CUBES-LMAO.jpg
495KB, 1919x1219px
>>19005121
An infinite amount of time perceived by nobody does not last for any duration of time

Reality is perception and exists because we can perceive it

There are an infinite number of timelines and we can jump between them

Jumping to a timeline similar to your own is easier than a radically different one

Since reality is perception certain things exist because of ideas that observers have

Reality = Ideas
Memes = Ideas
Reality = Memes

Kek is the darkness before the light

We have lived in darkness for a length of time due to delusion

We have forgotten how reality works

We gotta loosen up and open up

Don't forget to laugh
>>
>>19006047
Smug. This stance makes no sense without the implication that you have knowledge of truth by which to judge.
>>
>>19006047
Intelligent. And ambiguous.
>>
File: 1455668836251.jpg (32KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1455668836251.jpg
32KB, 400x300px
>>19007680
Kek is a masonic psyops. Please stop feeding it. There are better memes.
>>
File: IMG_4086.jpg (55KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4086.jpg
55KB, 400x400px
>>18995196
I believe in empathy. Integrity and doing the right thing. It's when we think we have it figured out that we get shocked hard.
>>
>>19008124
Kek was a discussion in /pol/ and /b/. Nothing more.
>>
>>19008124

>masonic psyops
>meme from /pol/

we really don't need people thinking /x/ is even stupider than they already do. please go away
>>
I have enough of a buzz to want to talk about this.

I don't have a particular belief system, but i go with the more new Age occult outlook on deities and religion, same song different composers sort of shit. We are all the same consciousness experiencing subjective realities as processed by this existence and our experiences in such. Deities might as well be supercharged memes. I'm a fan of Crowley, Levay, Buddha, and The Invisibles. Ufos are psychic phenomena, something akin to shrooms or LSD. Capitalism is nothing more than a system of exploitation set up by the bourgeois "reptilian" overlords. And most importantly, life's a joke that we don't get.
>>
I'm post-religion. It's not that I believe or disbelieve in God. I just don't care.
I dont identify with atheists.
Atheists, by-and-large, fixate on the question. The question just doesn't have meaning for me.
>>
>>19008142

Also, the body does not contain the soul, the soul contains the body. The soul is not some flim flam bullshit that is you or that the Holy Spirit cleanses, it is an electrical pulse that IS life, ya dig?
>>
>>18995196

Esoteric Christianity.

Born of the idea that God expresses his Word, (Or wisdom) as being both evident in the world around us, and in the Bible. An understanding of the world around us, and esoteric truths, bring us closer to God, even in the same way that the Bible does. The important part is to have an intimate relationship with Him. To be at peace with Him, is to be at peace with yourself. Both in this life, and the next.
>>
Pastafarianism
>>
>>18999162
What is the sound of one hand clapping?
>>
>>19008842

>fap fap fap fap fap... NNNGHH
Thread posts: 120
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.