[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Blue Whale Game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_3163.jpg (43KB, 976x549px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3163.jpg
43KB, 976x549px
Can someone explain this new craze going on?
Apparently it's a game called "Blue Whale" and it's some kind of suicide game. Young teenage girls are doing it and that's all I can find on the subjects. Can someone help me out? I want to learn more about it.
What're the rules?
What's the end goal?
>>
This is a Russian phenomenon, haven't heard it being translated to english. I'm pretty sure you are just trying to spread this meme to the anglosphere (there are far better /x/related memes to spread, like игpa бeз имeни).

To answer your question, "sinij kit" game is a forced meme teenager suicide cult.
>>
Funny it actually got translated, thanks to RT http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/blue-whale-challenge
>>
>>18994092
Well that doesn't really answer any of my questions but thanks anyway.
>>
>>18994074
It's a game that takes place over the course of 50 days. Each day there is a certain task to complete. The tasks are mostly fucked up shit like cutting yourself according to the instructions received. Once completed, you have to provide proof to the master that you've been assigned to.
The last task is suicide.
>>
>>18994074
Wake up at 4:20 every morning.
Day 1 - watch a scary film (gore, suicide)
Day 2 - make 3 small cuts on wrist
Day 3 - post status # I am a whale
Day 4 - go up to the roof/ highest window of your building at 4:20, and cut your hand
Day 15 - Say the date of your death out loud, and accept it.
Day 20 - Kill an animal, post proof
Day 29 - talk to another whale for the whole day
Day 30 - post a picture of a blue whale, an hero.

Basic brainwashing - probably fake.
>>
>>18994105
Ι just don't feel like spreading this cancer, especially if you are just experimenting with forcing memes - this is the ugh one.

>>18994113
It's not fake, people with a perverted sense of humor have been submitting this to teens, attempting to persuade them to suicide. Whether or not they succeeded on anyone is disputable. It was a great hype in russiasphere to talk about it because we have enough unironic saddboyss and sadgirls interested in suicide themes. And because "concerned parent's newspapers" were hyping it too.
>>
File: 20090724SAWG_fg10a.jpg (454KB, 900x885px) Image search: [Google]
20090724SAWG_fg10a.jpg
454KB, 900x885px
>>18994102
>>18994106
>>18994113
I'm okay with this kind of idiots commiting suicide, less wasted resources on them and a more cleaner genepool for humanity. only question is how to make more and more take the challenge, specially the antifa ones.
>>
>>18994129
Or, It's anti-internet propaganda, which will "force" Putin to further censor the Russian internet.
>>
>>18994139
What you're saying is that you're okay with some psychopath taking advantage of the general teen mentality of "do now, think later"?
>>
>>18994141
In part, yes. Although the story was, as far as I know, generally considered a bit too sensationalist even for older generation.
>>
From my understanding, It's a "game" where mentally ill children and teenagers are targeted and told to complete a series of tasks that get worse and worse until they are instructed to commit suicide.

So there is no confusion, when I say "targeted", I don't mean someone messages these kids directly. I mean that the "game" itself is made to appeal most to those who are suffering some degree of mental problems, or who are otherwise emotionally vulnerable.

Sad.
>>
>>18994161
There's not a lot that russian mothers won't swallow - I'm a teacher, and parents of my 9 year olds were asking me about it.
>>
>>18994147
because the entire media of the world isn't already doing that. This is not some 'new meme', it's a very old idea with a fresh coat of paint. Blue whale-colored paint.
>>
>>18994147
I feel absolutely no simpathy for suicidal or self harming people. look for death and you will find it.
>>
>>18994129
Even though you seem to be convinced otherwise, I'm not trying to force a meme. I"m genuinely trying to find out more about it and all I can find is it's from Russia and the maker is in jail now or some shit. I wanna know about the game itself, like the rules, what the point is, why people are wanting to do it.
>>
>>18994168
>There's not a lot that russian mothers won't swallow
care to elaborate? for science purposes, of course
>>
>>18994074
It's a meme. Like DeezNutz or The Internet Of Things, there is no such thing.

And nothing to do with a blue waffle. :)
>>
Blue...like sacred blue protocol, the blue of a human who is dying or dead soooo CARE!
Way-el.
Way, a means...how to get something...how to experience something.
El. The. Main.

The, "blue whale game" is an opportunity of assessment of who lives no matter what other people want. This is because you are among other humans who are not being forced to live no matter what other people want. This is also because you, or other humans, are being forced to live no matter what other people want.

There are better ways to understand reality. A better version of a, "blue whale" game involves trying to force all humans live...and when you are in danger of being smashed, stabbed, bashed, slashed, or other harmed, then we can assess whether or not you are a blue whale.

I hope all you humans live eternal life. Humans earlier accessed eternal life technologies. I want the despair code changed to a, "trying is enough" code.
>>
>>18994177
It's like you don't even read the posts and just ask the same question over and over.
>>
>>18994176
Have you ever considered the fact that these kids are manipulated into suicide?
>>
>>18994177
There's something reassuring about it - you decide you're going to kill yourself, and you get 50 chances to test your own commitment. If you haven't changed your mind for 50 days, you are definitely ready. And by that time it's easy to jump off a building when you've already cut yourself, made yourself throw up, cut yourself off from everyone, seen tens and tens of people make the same jump.

Strongly considering participation.
>>
>>18994177
Yeah, I was under a false impression, because I never heard of it translated to English. Then I googled it, and apparently RT did a piece on it. These people have no fucking clue about how memes work.
>>
>>18994188
I am, but everyone is giving different bits of information.

It's like you don't even understand the concept of further research.
>>
>>18994195
It's cool.
>>
>>18994198
A memetic kill agent was introduced. There is nothing deeper to this.
>>
>>18994194
Allow me to rephrase this.
The task have you slowly cutting your connections to your friends, family and give you the impression that your life is absolutely meaningless.This way, when it is time to finally do it, you will be thinking something among the lines of "my friends abandoned me, my family doesn't give a single fuck about me and I'm just a worthless fag. Why not just go for it?"
>>
>>18994225
Persuasion 101. It's why some russians like me started organizing in projects reactionary to that - to find a way to persuade people to experience life at its fullest - in possibly similar fashion. We aren't ready to start up, yet, but we will.
>>
>>18994225
70 people from my home town killed themselves over 5 years as part of a suicide cult. I've always regretted missing the boat.
>>
>>18994239
Try to live your life instead of looking for the next opportunity to end it
>>
>>18994239
holy shit, tell the story
>>
>>18994192
>manipulated

Not really.
>>
>>18994331
see >>18994225
>>
>>18994327
You can google Bridgend suicides.

In short:
>10 kids kill themselves in the space of a week
>media storm
>more kids die
>more hype
>more people die
>total media silence
>2 years later, it stops

Friends in my school were making secret pacts. Everybody knew that when your parents asked, you had to say "I don't want to follow the herd - I'm not a sheep, I'm not going to be another Bridgend suicide" When the media blackout happened, even teachers were afraid to talk about it - it felt like a strange power the students held over the teachers.
>>
>>18994337
So then, that's the kids dumb choice, and it's social Darwinism in action. I'm not the person you replied to, but Indon't feel a shred of sympathy for idiots, because I'm not a bleeding heart pussyman.
>>
>>18994382
You are forgetting the fact that the target audience for this game are teens.
As >>18994147 said, teens don't really think twice before doing something drastic like suicide.
>>
This is so dumb. Parents worried about this should just educate their kids properly. When I was a kid I knew that I didn't have to do stupid things. Nobody told me I didn't have to fucking kill myself, and I doubt I would have paid much attention to a list which told instructed me to do things that hurt me.

I am not stupid, maybe the problem is that parents don't even want to teach kids how to think for themselves
>>
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4491294/Blue-Whale-game-mastermind-says-s-cleansing-society.html
>>
>>18994113
Can't they do it without killing an animal? :(
>>
>>18997877
The curators use the evidence later to blackmail you into killing yourself.
>>
>>18994198
neither do you, you shit tier fucking newfag
>>
>>18994074
whenever someone needs to get some sacrifices this is the lazy approach, happens from time to time and with the help of mass media it's easier than ever
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.