[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /x/ believe in the Law of Attraction? You guys believe in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: young_neville_goddard.jpg (67KB, 354x524px) Image search: [Google]
young_neville_goddard.jpg
67KB, 354x524px
Does /x/ believe in the Law of Attraction? You guys believe in some crazy shit so I assume this shouldn't be too crazy for you. It has been proven true to myself so many times I can't help but believe in it, I feel like we somehow can manipulate reality at will if we practice enough.
>>
...if we practice enough.

Ah, always an out. The Law never fails; only you fail by not practicing enough.
>>
>>18991423
Reality is relative. Just look at multiple eye witness accounts in happenings and crime. They believe what they see.

It's all about perception. You've seen an ugly/pretty couple, and wondered what the "pretty" person saw, as an outsider looking in.
>>
>>18991423

If it worked 100%, all weebs would have waifu families by now.

What it could work is that with passion and dedication one may attain things easily, now that is something that can be true.
>>
Yeah I've manifested some crazy shit! Like found love, etc.
>>
i dont mind it but i hate the people that are super serious about it to the point where they blame starving african children for not manifesting food with positive thoughts

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Just-world_hypothesis

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victim_blaming
>>
I use the law of attraction all the time. At least few times a day. By using this, you will start to get a feeling that you are god and you can get a life you want around you.

I recommend this.
>>
Being mentally prepared to recognize an opportunity and take advantage of it is largely a prerequisite for recognizing and exploiting an opportunity. I think that it's advantageous cognitive shaping rather than magic.
>>
File: SFxyaXE.jpg (176KB, 501x1024px) Image search: [Google]
SFxyaXE.jpg
176KB, 501x1024px
Anyone got any info on how to get started with this law of attraction stuff?

My only knowledge of it is reading the back of those 'The Magic/The Secret' books. I alsways assumed it was some bullshit that lonely middle aged women believed in. Like angel magic or crystal healing.
>>
>>18994946
The Secret touched on it but didn't quite get it right. Read "The Power of Positive Thinking" by Norman Vincent Peale. He's written more than a dozen books about it.
>>
>>18994946
Read all of Neville Goddard's books, and listen to his lectures if you want too. His vesion is less bullshit and makes more sense than the "law of attraction" to me, he's the only one you'll need anyways. He refused to be paid for his lectures and he only got money from his books I assume, right now they're all free online which is why he gained my trust unlike Abraham Hicks or Rhonda Bryne which I don't really trust (if you really believed in LOA why would you need to make money from it?)
Anyways, it fucking works and it's mindblowing how much you can do once you get control over your imagination and your thoughts. The "law" always works, the hard part is getting it to work for you.
Another good one is Joseph Murphy, I think he was taught by the same guy as Neville.
>>
>>18994946
Listen to Your Wish is Your Command by Kevin Trudeau.
>>
>If things go badly for you in spite of your optimism, you just didn't want it hard enough.

Yeah, no. Sorry, but it's bullshit. The only reason the Power of Intent worked for these self-help gurus is because they sold trite sophistry to the gullible masses.
>>
>>18994946

Hermeticism is the root of this idea, the kybalion is a good enough origin point (or Mystery school videos on youtube if cbf reading), then every few decades the language gets a brush up, Napoleon Hill's Think and Grow rich, NLP, Anthony Robbins, Bob Proctor, Wayne Dyer, even persuasion and marketing work on essentially the same principles. It's basically the practice of focusing your belief, the trick is that you are already doing it, all the time, mostly unconsciously.
>>
>>18996503
Yeah, that's why the "law of attraction" is bullshit. It's taking something known for years and selling it as a solve it all formula to scam you. The reality is that by changing your beliefs and controlling your thoughts you can change your reality, because it's nothing more than a dream. The power of belief is incredible and it's the reason that "LOA" works for some people, if you believe wholeheartedly it works, then it does. Same with the placebo effect, and new age fluff.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.