[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Christian General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 15

File: Cross-Easter.jpg (1MB, 2946x1951px) Image search: [Google]
Cross-Easter.jpg
1MB, 2946x1951px
Discuss Christian occultism, general Christian belief, and anything you want to be honest.
heretics REEEEEEEEE
>mfw 28 and still virgin
>>
File: 500x500_default.png (2KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
500x500_default.png
2KB, 500x500px
s e p h i ro t hl i v e s
>>
Cargo Cult
>>
Gnostic Christian here to correct any lies of the orthodoxy.
>>
>>18990984
Such as?
>>
>>18990984
Gnosticism fascinates me and would love some tl dr run down on it m8
>>
I'm converting to Catholicism.

Why?

Because it's True.
>>
Im christian, should i date a wiccan?
>>
what the hell is wrong with baptist?

most christians are generally cool and accepting but every hard ass nutjob ive met is a baptist.
>>
File: blake_hampstead_reaction.jpg (16KB, 250x391px) Image search: [Google]
blake_hampstead_reaction.jpg
16KB, 250x391px
>>18990883
>mfw must create a system or be enslaved by another man's
>>
>>18991074
Because they're heretics. Sola Scriptura is toxic.
>>
File: efi1.jpg (294KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
efi1.jpg
294KB, 1200x900px
i hate ana..
i never thought that by having thoughts of love about her that she would painfully rape my brain, force me to hate, give me a cigarette that she claimed she would kill/die for, erase my traveler's check, destroy my potential for love, sit with the "man of her dreams" whom never had love with the one i loved, agree to have me love the one that i love and then i have to hate her (ana said), become a cyborg whom asks machines what her own feelings of love are + what her own feelings of happiness are + what my feelings of love are + what my feelings of happiness are, rape my brain and tell me i have multiple children with different mothers while i've actually never had sex, say giddily "UH HUH! YEP! I WANT TO DO THAT TO HIM! YUP!", not stop brain raping me for the reason that "it's so embarrassing!", destroy the memories that others had of love for me, get those whom i did love / did/do care about to brain rape me, and all of them are intent on doing such a thing so much that they want to die doing it and kill to do so.

yeah... i hate her...
>>
>>18990883
A realistic interpretation of Catholic religious beliefs is humans accessed eternal life technologies thousands of years earlier than now.
>>
>>18991074
I used to hate them as an edgy teen. Now in mid life I see them as basically fat asses who teach nothing of any substance.

With regards to op, the problem with Christianity is that it's trying so hard to cater to the secular, material world that it's forgotten it's basis is a faith in an immaterial existence. It's a bit like the Futurama episode with Revealo, the great magician. Enter a magician whose sole act is explaining how all his illusion is just an act. No show in that.
>>
>>18990883
Go fuck yourselves, christfags. Christianity is almost as retarded and bad as islam. Choke on yhvh's dick you worthless abrahamic scum.
>>
File: 1383007152458.png (2MB, 852x940px) Image search: [Google]
1383007152458.png
2MB, 852x940px
>>18991272
Literally (You), pal.
>>
>>18990883
Just know this. In the light of real Jesus's teachings, all nowdays christians are heretics, no matter what form of edgy cult you like the most.

Lurk more in life.
>>
>>18991272
>Oy Vey goy, what do you think you are doing believing in God?
>You should worship only yourself goy! Give in to our materialism, and lose your way filthy gentile!
>Enslave yourself to Mammon for all eternity goy, and reject that filthy pretender Christ!
>>
>>18990883
Friendly reminder that it you're not Catholic you're not a real christian
>>
>>18991441
Orthodoxy lyin
Makin me pissed
>>
The chemicals in me head are my gods.
>>
I'm listening to the Urantia book now. Wow. I had no idea. It all makes sense in an everything I thought I knew about the universe is wrong kind of sense.
>>
>>18991451
Douey rheims translation, so exact verse may vary by 1 or 2:
2 Thessalonians 2:14: stand firm and hold to traditions (sola scriptura fags btfo)
Matthew 16:13-19: upon this rock (peter) I will build my church. In Aramaic jesus used kepha both for rock and peter. Which church is the church descended from Peter?
Revelations 14:13: you will be judged by actions (predestination fags btfo)
Romans 10:15: apostolic succession is enumerated, must be "sent" via predecessors to preach.
Luke 1: 46-49: all generations will call Mary blessed. Which denomination venerates Mary above others?
>>
>>18991067
No
>>
>>18991317
Kek
>>
>>18991058
All modern religions have lost their original message and teachings, ya know Jesus had a magic wand dont you? He was not white either. Doesnt say that in any bible.
>>
Gnosisticism tldr

There was a cosmic accident that spawned the god of the jews who is the demiurge, yaldabaoth.

This "god" couldnt see the heavens above except through a reflection in a veil. He looked down and saw a vast amount of matter and shaped it in the image of what he saw reflected.

He created adam and eve, sophia liberated them by taking the light she bestowed on yaldabaoth when she created him and gave it to adam and eve.

Yaldabaoth cast humanity deep into the realm of matter and appointed archons to keep us trapped here. Jesus was born. Taught us everything we needed to know was crucified and resurrected to liberate us.

There are three types of human. Hylics are the type lost to the realm of matter. Psychics are the type that have a chance at salvation through christianity/church. Pneumatics are the spiritual elect who have gnosis of god and no longer need the testimony of others
>>
>>18991484
back that up with literally anything.
>>
File: 1797472603_7c81437693_z.jpg (78KB, 363x500px) Image search: [Google]
1797472603_7c81437693_z.jpg
78KB, 363x500px
>>18991486
This is one of the most earliest carvings of Jesus.

He is raising Lazarus from the dead
>>
>>18991317
I bet that new world includes a lot of mountain dew and doritos
>>
>>18991491
Wow, I feel like my whole life is a lie because a boy with a carrot is poking a small mummy.

>Threshold: MAXIMUM
>>
File: nl52cf2abe.jpg (150KB, 1000x676px) Image search: [Google]
nl52cf2abe.jpg
150KB, 1000x676px
>>18991499
So you think its a random boy poking a mummy with a carrot... what would drive monks to carve that?
>>
Jesus didn't have to die. The Jews said he was the final sacrifice to cover up the fact that they killed the Son of God.
>>
93:4.6.The seven commandments promulgated by Melchizedek were patterned along the lines of the ancient Dalamatian supreme law and very much resembled the seven commands taught in the first and second Edens. These commands of the Salem religion were:
93:4.7.1. You shall not serve any God but the Most High Creator of heaven and earth.
93:4.8.2. You shall not doubt that faith is the only requirement for eternal salvation.
93:4.9.3. You shall not bear false witness.
93:4.10.4. You shall not kill.
93:4.11.5. You shall not steal.
93:4.12.6. You shall not commit adultery.
93:4.13.7. You shall not show disrespect for your parents and elders.
>>
5. The Selection of Abraham
93:5.1.Although it may be an error to speak of "chosen people," it is not a mistake to refer to Abraham as a chosen individual. Melchizedek did lay upon Abraham the responsibility of keeping alive the truth of one God as distinguished from the prevailing belief in plural deities.
93:5.2.The choice of Palestine as the site for Machiventa's activities was in part predicated upon the desire to establish contact with some human family embodying the potentials of leadership. At the time of the incarnation of Melchizedek there were many families on earth just as well prepared to receive the doctrine of Salem as was that of Abraham. There were equally endowed families among the red men, the yellow men, and the descendants of the Andites to the west and north. But, again, none of these localities were so favorably situated for Michael's subsequent appearance on earth as was the eastern shore of the Mediterranean Sea. The Melchizedek mission in Palestine and the subsequent appearance of Michael among the Hebrew people were in no small measure determined by geography, by the fact that Palestine was centrally located with reference to the then existent trade, travel, and civilization of the world.
>>
Sorry about this, but I consider it a colloquial term for this website.

Redpill me on the bible.
I've read that the greek version is the most OG that you could ever find, and because of that, orthodox are pretty much the "best" version of Christianity.

Any thoughts?

Also, is it tru that abrahamic religions derive from canaanite religions? or something like that.
>>
>>18991514
>The Jews said he was the final sacrifice to cover up the fact that they killed the Son of God.
The Jews created the Jesus myth to get us worshiping a Jew.
>>
>>18991527

Abrahams religion is from Ur. They had the Prince of Salem, who taught the Melchizedek Salem religion. >>18991522

93:5.4.Terah and his whole family were halfhearted converts to the Salem religion, which had been preached in Chaldea; they learned of Melchizedek through the preaching of Ovid, a Phoenician teacher who proclaimed the Salem doctrines in Ur. They left Ur intending to go directly through to Salem, but Nahor, Abraham's brother, not having seen Melchizedek, was lukewarm and persuaded them to tarry at Haran. And it was a long time after they arrived in Palestine before they were willing to destroy all of the household gods they had brought with them; they were slow to give up the many gods of Mesopotamia for the one God of Salem.
93:5.5.A few weeks after the death of Abraham's father, Terah, Melchizedek sent one of his students, Jaram the Hittite, to extend this invitation to both Abraham and Nahor: "Come to Salem, where you shall hear our teachings of the truth of the eternal Creator, and in the enlightened offspring of you two brothers shall all the world be blessed." Now Nahor had not wholly accepted the Melchizedek gospel; he remained behind and built up a strong city-state which bore his name; but Lot, Abraham's nephew, decided to go with his uncle to Salem.
>>
>>18991475
stand firm and hold to traditions
<<and the modern catholic church was a tradition then?
Which church is the church descended from Peter?
<<Well you guys believe he was the first pope. You guys do. you.
Which denomination venerates Mary above others?
catholics literally pray to mary as well as a shitload of other saints. You don't pray to dead people. Your stupid church can't "make" people saints you just can't decide that a human is worthy of worship.

How about the rampant corruption in the Vatican for centuries? Popes who basically purchased the title of Pope? The extravagance and opulence of the church? All the gold, jewels, and money gained through the corruption? Confessing your sins to a priest? not in the bible. massive pedophilia and its cover up?

Calling your priests father? "Do not call anyone on earth your father; for One is your Father, He who is in heaven. Matthew 23:9

Praying with rosary beads. "And when you are praying, do not use meaningless repetition as the Gentiles do, for they suppose that they will be heard for their many words. Matthew 6:7

I could go on. Must I? Catholics make Christians look bad
>>
>>18991527
I wonder if there is any connection with Abraham and the Hindu word for God Brahma, or Brahman
>>
>>18991484
Where are you getting magic wand? Any sensible christian knows Jesus wasn't white. Great argument
>>
>>18991536
96:0.3.The Salem religion persisted among the Kenites in Palestine as their creed, and this religion as it was later adopted by the Hebrews was influenced, first, by Egyptian moral teachings; later, by Babylonian theologic thought; and lastly, by Iranian conceptions of good and evil. Factually the Hebrew religion is predicated upon the covenant between Abraham and Machiventa Melchizedek, evolutionally it is the outgrowth of many unique situational circumstances, but culturally it has borrowed freely from the religion, morality, and philosophy of the entire Levant. It is through the Hebrew religion that much of the morality and religious thought of Egypt, Mesopotamia, and Iran was transmitted to the Occidental peoples.
>>
>>18991491
a carving where? and how does a statue make what you're saying true?
>>
>>18991541
4. The Hindu Religion
94:4.1.With the passing of the centuries in India, the populace returned in measure to the ancient rituals of the Vedas as they had been modified by the teachings of the Melchizedek missionaries and crystallized by the later Brahman priesthood. This, the oldest and most cosmopolitan of the world's religions, has undergone further changes in response to Buddhism and Jainism and to the later appearing influences of Mohammedanism and Christianity. But by the time the teachings of Jesus arrived, they had already become so Occidentalized as to be a "white man's religion," hence strange and foreign to the Hindu mind.
94:4.2.Hindu theology, at present, depicts four descending levels of deity and divinity:
94:4.3.1. The Brahman, the Absolute, the Infinite One, the IT IS.
94:4.4.2. The Trimurti, the supreme trinity of Hinduism. In this association Brahma, the first member, is conceived as being self-created out of the Brahman—infinity. Were it not for close identification with the pantheistic Infinite One, Brahma could constitute the foundation for a concept of the Universal Father. Brahma is also identified with fate.
94:4.5.The worship of the second and third members, Siva and Vishnu, arose in the first millennium after Christ. Siva is lord of life and death, god of fertility, and master of destruction. Vishnu is extremely popular due to the belief that he periodically incarnates in human form. In this way, Vishnu becomes real and living in the imaginations of the Indians. Siva and Vishnu are each regarded by some as supreme over all.
>>
>>18991559
Hmm interesting cool
>>
File: lz52cf22cc.jpg (57KB, 360x460px) Image search: [Google]
lz52cf22cc.jpg
57KB, 360x460px
>>18991547
Its just that western culture often portraits him as european, i agree with that point you made.

Here is the same act carved again and as you can see the wand is carved out out of proportion. These carving syles are not about accuracy its about getting across what is happing. What else could it be? This is not my idea that its a wand i should say, i didnt stumble across them and decided what it was.
>>
>>18991539
1. . Catholocism, particularly in the mass and eucharist, does indeed hold to the early traditions of Christianity, traditions which Protestantism rejects
2. Yes, the church which literally traced its lineage back to peter by those peter taught and passed on to believes this. America believes that it was descended from George washington, because it is. Same here
3. Not worship, veneration. Not prayer, intercession. Essentially asking THEM to pray for YOU. those who believe Catholics pray TO saints and Mary do not know Catholicism.
4. All human institutions are corruptible, the rest is tradition and once again, human corruption. Should we talk about protestant persecution of Catholics and vice versa? Puritan authoritarianism? Etc etc. Every religion has its downfalls due to humanity.
5. Check the Greek translations, Latin translations, and look at the original Aramaic to understand why you're wrong
6. Matthew 6:7 "and when you are praying, speak not much, as the heathens. For they think that in their much speaking they may be heard. " a bit different there, nothing actually about repetition. Regardless, the rosary was instituted in 1214 and I personally prefer mass to the rosary.
By all means, go on.
>>
>>18991491
That's Peter Pan. Don't lie.
>>
>>18990883
137 days
>>
>>18991272
>tfw trying to find out which christian denomination I am, as I have the morals of an Episcopalian but the love for liturgical tradition of the Cathodox
>tfw need apostolic succession
>tfw also looking into islam for max synergy and FTH boosts
>tfw taking Zen for a slight boost to WIS

feels good
>>
>>18991854
>Episcopalian
>morals
>>
Baptist here. I make a motion we adjourn.
>>
>>18991581
Not really. That's textbook Hinduism, except for "and we were there first and taught them." It hardly gets into the vast differences in the Hindu philosophies.
>>
religion needs to be forgotten to the ages
>>
>>18991601
In your honest opinion. You think God would smile more upon someone going to a catholic church or just any church as long as they keep the tradition?
>>
the best religion is aghari sandu
>>
>>18992064
You wouldn't be here saying such things if it were not for "religion".
>>
What's the official language of heaven?
if ever meet another person from a different country would I be able to communicate with them?
>>
>>18992079
English! Lmao jk
In the spirit world telepathy is the main way to communicate
>>
>>18992066
Not him but yeah as a Christian I do. I feel modern churches are infiltrated by Satan and his doings and can feel God calling me to more pure religions like Catholicism or even Judaism or Islam just not modern day Christian. It's like code word for lazy and just hoping you'll get into heaven cause Jesus died
>>
>>18992143
Check out urantia book

http://starspring.com/online/ubsearch/ubsearch.html

Read the forward then the table of contents
>>
>>18992143
I get the feeling. I visited a new church my family started going to and I have mixed feelings. Partly in due because my family likes it.
>>
>>18992164
Wanna add on to that, that I used to go to a catholic church. When I was in middle school. Kind of miss it and the one near my residence was the one I went to. Even took a few classes then.
>>
File: thedark12.jpg (616KB, 1326x1202px) Image search: [Google]
thedark12.jpg
616KB, 1326x1202px
>>18990883
>Discuss Christian occultism, general Christian belief, and anything you want to be honest.
>heretics REEEEEEEEE

"You had one job..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8H2xdBZRB4
>>
>>18991317
Nice try christfag. Only I'm not a murican sub-human, I'm in perfect shape and I'm not an atheist. Abrahamic religions are a fucking cancer. How does yhvh's dick taste, fucklord?

>>18991389
Did you miss where I said abrahamics are fucking trash? Judaism is abrahamic you dumb piece of shit.

Back to sunday school with you dumb faggots. Yhvh's knob needs polishing.
>>
>>18992066
Honest opinion:
Try going to a traditional Latin Catholic mass. It's a completely different and much more spiritual than "modern" churches. Modern churches mean more to profit margins and televangelism. I believe that a more traditional church is a more religious and wholesome experience. That being said, the God that I believe in as a Catholic is also benevolent and forgiving, so while choice of church does matter, you're not going to hell just for being Lutheran, for example
>>
>>18991972
They do have morals. But it's moreso that I disagree with the Church on sexual ethics, to the point where my views are more like the Episcopalians/Old Catholics.
>>
>>18990883
>>mfw 28 and still virgin
>mwf same

But frankly Christian threads on /pol/ are better than this. There is one catholic anon who really knows his shit. Impressive, he's quite an apologist.
>>
Reminder that if you don't follow the teachings of the Sermon on the Mount and onwards you are not a Christian and are just a crypto-jew copy that still worships in buildings instead of in spirit.
>>
File: image.jpg (174KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
174KB, 640x1136px
>>18991539
Meanwhile in early christian
>>
>>18994923
pretty sure he's a priest. I saw a thread somewhere else with someone claiming to be a catholic priest. and yes, quite an apologist
>>
File: 1492987998884.jpg (89KB, 1080x1236px) Image search: [Google]
1492987998884.jpg
89KB, 1080x1236px
Ex atheist here.

Had bad problems, prayed to Jesus, things got a bit different.
Thought it wouldn't be coincidence so I started reading bible and reading theosophy.

I feel somehow more safe wherever I walk as if I am getting closer to God.

I still have my doubts though. I hate every one of those fucking "jesus christ is my nigga" and other ned flanders tier christians and I think that makes me a bad Christian I guess.

It's just that every time you read how the elite are into luciferianism, it makes you think maybe Jesus really rose from the grave.
>>
>>18997842
>reading theosophy
topkek
you do know blavatsky was a con artist and her seances were bullshit?
>>
What's the best way to find God? Having hard times right now and i want to find him
>>
>>18991441
Hey there, Mr. True Scotsman.
>>
>>18990883
Anyone care to tell me why it's okay for God to murder a bunch of children via bears for calling Elisha "baldie?'
>>
>>18992143
nigga why the fuck would you catholicism? That a is fucking cuck thing to do. The pope has said some insane shit that should raise alarms. Pure christianity is just having a personal relationship with jesus
>>
>>18990894
fuck off jew.
>>
File: f63[1].jpg (41KB, 396x382px) Image search: [Google]
f63[1].jpg
41KB, 396x382px
>>18992772
>Hurr Durr YHVH dick suckers, I'm so much more intelligent
>Post like a the common Reddit child
>Can't even be bothered to pretend that he isn't a fedorafag
>Insults Christianity, in a Christian thread just because he seems to enjoy acting like a five year old autistic spazz
>Insults Christianity and it's followers, and then immediately backpedals and says that he isn't an atheist
>Can't have a civilized discourse without vomiting his diatribe and fecal matter all over the thread
>Uses the Reddit tier "christfag" meme unironically
>Still tries to act like he has the moral high-ground

Reddit is down the hall and to the left kiddo.
>>
File: 1491699081613.png (251KB, 475x325px) Image search: [Google]
1491699081613.png
251KB, 475x325px
>>18990883
>>
File: 1491324246445.gif (28KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1491324246445.gif
28KB, 200x200px
>>
>>18991485
>hylics
i meet too many of these
>>
>>18998327
You have no idea what the no true Scotsman fallacy actually is, do you?
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.