[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone here have any experience with the Maha Mantra?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Hare_Krshna_(Mahamantra).png (54KB, 500x401px) Image search: [Google]
Hare_Krshna_(Mahamantra).png
54KB, 500x401px
Does anyone here have any experience with the Maha Mantra?
>>
Error: You must wait 3 seconds before posting a reply.
4chan Pass users have lower cooldowns. [Learn More]

[Return]
>>
>>18989109
>>
>>18988246
Yes

I chant it daily and have had acid trips of just chanting Hare Krishna. What's your question
>>
>>18989137
Has it given you other effects like, like, more luck?
>>
>>18989139
That's a very broad question and depends what you mean by luck

The mantra itself is auspicious and serves to clear your conciousness of all the filth on it and progress towards enlightenment. I've had experiences of being shifted from an extremely bad mood to an very peaceful state by way of simply chanting. However, if you're chanting the mantra in hope of some sort of personal luck like money or success, that's within the mode of passion and will not work.
>>
>>18989139
>>18989187
Since Krishna is auspicious in and of himself, anything done in Krishna's name will also be auspicious. This process involves fixating your mind upon Krishna by chanting the Maha Mantra and being unattached to the fruits of your actions, and instead offer them onto Krishna. By this logic, since you are unattached to the results of your work and since you are working for the benefit of Krishna and not for your own interests, you achieve the supreme position called Krishna Consciousness by ISKCON. You neither develop hatred for negative results or cling onto positive results of work, but instead cultivate a love for Krishna.
>>
>>18989244
It's a mantra

Hare Krsna Hare Krsna
Krsna Krsna Hare Hare
Hare Rama Hare Rama
Rama Rama Hare Hare
>>
Do mantras work simply by understanding the meaning of the word/phrase? Or do the words/phrases actually have power on their own without knowing the meaning?
>>
>>18989285
>Or do the words/phrases actually have power on their own without knowing the meaning
They work like this, the words themselves have power. You can repeat the word Coca-Cola a hundred times and about a quarter of the way through it won't even sound like a real word anymore because it didn't have a transcendental meaning to begin with. The difference with a mantra is that the meaning IS transcendental and will never lose meaning. Mantras function almost like a song. Even if a song is in French and you can't understand it, you can still tell if its a happy song or a sad song simply by the nature of the vibration. Similarly, mantras derive their power from this vibrational power.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.