[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

5/9/2017/1

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: rpvoqsm1sisy.jpg (317KB, 2495x3059px) Image search: [Google]
rpvoqsm1sisy.jpg
317KB, 2495x3059px
For those who are, why are you so eager to become one with everything? I don't understand. Why are you so eager?

All that you're going to accomplish by doing that is the resetting of the whole universe and eventually coming back to the point you are at now.

Becoming everything is the same as becoming nothing, for when all that exists is everything, there is no way to distinguish it from nothing. It becomes the same as nothing.

You came into this world because you wanted to distinguish yourself from it, so you could become something else, perhaps something more.

I am not telling you that doing this is wrong or that you shouldn't do it, no. You are a free being making your own choices, I cannot tell you what to do, and I cannot possibly tell apart good from evil. I just want to know WHY. Why have you decided to go in the direction of becoming everything that is nothing? Why do you not wish to distinguish yourself even more?
>>
>>18987841
Wheres that illustration.img youre so in love with
>>
>>18987841

We can do both. It is entirely possible to create nanocomputers which connect everything within our universe into one consciousness, while at the same time maintaining our individuality. However, we're still many years away from this
>>
I came to the exact same conclusion OP. If monism is the correct "theory of everything", and we're all just fragments of one individuated consciousness, then the one wanted to experience separateness for some reason.
My guess is that oneness is a lonely existence. But this world, for many people, also sucks shit. So I totally understand the impulse for change.
But I'm with you - I don't think I'm ready for the void. Good post OP.
>>
>>18987861

How can our individuality be maintained when the nanocomputers are connecting everything within our universe into one?
>>
>>18987890

You can have a closed micro system within a macro system
>>
>>18987841
Because they will forget about their individual pain hoping that they can leech off on collective happiness
>>
>>18987841
Well, what happens if you die without becoming one with everything?
>>
>>18988747
Can you elaborate? You seem to still be making a distinction between two things (micro system vs macro system), which means that the oneness of everything still isn't achieved, which as OP suggests is the right thing to do. You're just supporting his point..
>>
Well I had a whole post but connection errors ate it. If the threads up after work I'll try to recall it. For now I'm just glad people are escaping the Monist trap.
>>
>>18987841
Good day sir.

In gnosticism, we will still retain our sense of individuality, just as a hand is distinctively a hand, despite being part of the body. Being 'one' is an awareness of our connectedness, and our nature being shared with everything, as we are all the same, but yet distinct.
>>
>>18989988
>>18987841

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYsnPNBg7j0
>>
>>18987841
>I just want to know WHY.
To offensively put words in the mouths of Monists, they want to be God. They talk away about ego-death and how "we're all God," but really they expect to remain as the One Awareness while everyone merges into them. Note every anecdote about ego-death is always from an "I" perspective. You'll never hear "I have nothing to say because my self was eradicated and I didn't experience anything." Because their (always temporary) forays into ego-death are anything but.

>then the one wanted to experience separateness for some reason.
I feel this conception is incorrect. It is too temporal for a discussion on eternal reality. The idea that there was a state of reality before, and there is a new state of reality now cannot be Absolute Reality by definition of the word absolute.

Just as the Complete Whole is eternal - never beginning, never ending - so too are the Infinite Parts. There is no point where the Whole exists without the Parts. Both Tree and Twigs are eternal. Both Fire and Sparks have always existed.

>Being 'one' is an awareness of our connectedness, and our nature being shared with everything, as we are all the same, but yet distinct.
So much this. As Nimbarka Acarya put it: a flag is made of two distinct things - the cloth and the pole. A cloth is not a pole, nor will it ever be. Yet the flag is one.
>>
>>18989365

The oneness is achieved by nanobots reconstructing every molecule of the universe at an atomic level to connect it into one giant supercomputer. You would still be able to function normally despite this.
>>
We're already one with everything. So are you OP.
>>
File: 20170503_190617.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170503_190617.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
It feels like a simple breath cycle. The fish swim down river after hatching to have an individual life experience, returning home in unity to create new life. Fragmentation of consciousness is our mother's sacred loving gift of infinite fractal procreation.

We're gathering for a big party, then parting ways on a new adventure with an ever-evolving perspective.

In my universe, existence is pure bliss. How can consciousness define love without fear? This is a choose your own adventure where the frequency you put out through your free will; the choices that you make align you in a reality you are personally responsible for. The way you perceive your existence is a choice. Every decision you make manifests on a macrocosmic level and presents people and situations attuned to the vibration of your thoughts.

It's okay to feel fear, hate, sadness and despair. They make duality delicious once you consciously choose love.

Happy healing everyone!
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.