[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Aside from fire, what are some of the other ways to activate a sigil?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: sigils.jpg (30KB, 367x405px) Image search: [Google]
sigils.jpg
30KB, 367x405px
Aside from fire, what are some of the other ways to activate a sigil?
>>
>Not forcing a sigil to activate via sheer willpower.

Fucking pleb.
>>
Pee
>>
Fapping
>>
>>18987058
Fresh period blood.
>>
>>18987058
Water, blood, steel. The main thing though isn't the medium, it's the preperation for activating it, and the concentration that builds as you open it.
>>
>>18987075
This.
Shits real.
>>
Your concentrated and prolonged attention and mastery at communicating in a visual medium. I do graphic design for a living and put more effort into sigils than I have any professional work. I've never seen one fail.
>>
New here, where do you guys learn sigils, magic, etc? Any books or such I should know about?
>>
Pain and blood, give a lo of energy for the sigil
>>
>>18987791
Liber Null and Psychonaut, as well as Condensed Chaos, come to mind. My brain is fried from a long day and authors escape me, but that should get you started in the right direction.
>>
>>18987782
holy shit, this guy's got it down. What a perfect moment.
>>18987791
here's your answer >>18987782
>>
THE NEW DAWN OF /X/ HAS COME.
>>
I've heard people say that after powering a sigil you're supposed to forget the symbol,
But I like the idea of keeping a sigil with me and referring to the symbol often.
Opinions, /x/?
What works best for you?
>>
>>18987952
This depends on the sigil. If it's supposed to achieve a certain effect and stop at that, forget it. If it's some protective shit, by all means feel free to keep it with you and power it once in a while
>>
afaik in chaos magick, a sigil is a thoughtform occluded as a symbol. take an idea like a personal affirmation, write it as a sentence, rearrange the letters into a symbol so that your orig sentence is unintelligable. then you have to forget what the sigil means, put it away for a while until its out of your consciousness, then take it out and concentrate on it as a regular exercise. the purpose is to charge the thoughform. is it psychological, working on your subconscious? other people charging it with their concentration is supposed to strengthen the thoughform. im not sure about that but this is an interesting way to manipulate your own subconscious. the key is to have a gap between the meaning and the symbol.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.