[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/his/ /x/ Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 9

File: 9a78e1861046d0ac18b92cc4eac0bcce.jpg (984KB, 1380x1080px) Image search: [Google]
9a78e1861046d0ac18b92cc4eac0bcce.jpg
984KB, 1380x1080px
So I saw this article while searching: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/oct/19/u-boat-wreck-could-be-sea-monster-victim-of-internet-folklore

And it made me think about the presence of /x/ shit in history. For example, there are records of Roman soldiers in the First Punic War having to deal with some sort of huge river monster when they were fighting the Cathaginians in Africa. There are also records of ghost sightings way back in ancient Greece and Rome. So let's have a thread that combines /his/ and /x/.
>>
>>18985655
Cool thread and nice dubs. I don't have anything to share but I'll bump
>>
>>18985655
Yeah man, ancient accounts are totally accurate and not made up, especially those written by the highly superstitious Romans.
>>
File: 562.jpg (36KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
562.jpg
36KB, 600x600px
>>18985670
are you implying that all history could be false because them niggas might have been superstitious
>>
>>18985991
He specifically said "ancient accounts" not "all of history."
>>
>>18985991
someone told me the email address Viper uses for Google Hangouts. so that one can add him on Google Hangouts. I'm going to post it here.

[email protected]

thank you for inspiring me to share that
>>
>>18986008
doesn't matter if anything people are more superstitious now than they were in the past
>>
>>18986028
I dunno man, we have come so far along in understanding the way the world works. Back then superstition in large part was all they had to go on in terms of understanding the bizarre nature of things.
>>
>>18986055
Are you kidding? If anything, the world is even more bizarre now.

Back then: why do things fall down? what is lightning?

Now: is this universe a hologram from a 11D multiverse fractal? what is lightning?
>>
>>18986071
Do you not know what lightning is, anon?
>>
>>18986076
"Lightning's relative unpredictability limits a complete explanation of how or why it occurs, even after hundreds of years of scientific investigation." Wikipedia
>>
File: 70d539d0abd9d67773b45c37eb0e75a8.jpg (591KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
70d539d0abd9d67773b45c37eb0e75a8.jpg
591KB, 1600x1200px
>>18986076
Elactracal sparks from the hammar of Thor, of koarse.
>>
>>18986084
And you cite Wikipedia. As if that's the worlds most reliable resource.
"Heavier, negatively charged particles sink to the bottom of the cloud. When the positive and negative charges grow large enough, a giant spark - lightning - occurs between the two charges within the cloud. This is like a static electricity sparks you see, but much bigger."
-planet science
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (100KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
100KB, 1280x720px
>>18985655
>uboat captain in ww1
>heavy stress from uncertainty of possible death at any second
>diesel fumes all day every day

I wonder if a whale didn't breach and land on the uboat like pic related. Between the resulting chaos and the frazzled state of the crew I could see this getting confused
>>
>>18985655
Whoa cool painting I love how the leviathan is just dredging up all these other sea creatures with him.
>>
>>18986071
How do magnets work?
>>
>>18985670
Couldn't possibly have been a hippo or an elephant under water could it? Must have been supernatural
>>
>>18988273
Nigga, elephants don't go under water. We all know it was OP's mom anyway
>>
>>18985655
There was a report of some kind of flying object which destroyed the walls of tyre so Alexander could invade. Also reports of "flying sheilds" which tried to intimidate his army when attacking India. They never outright assaulted his army, just swooped at it and scared the troops.
>>
>>18986138
>And you cite Wikipedia. As if that's the worlds most reliable resource
>-planet science
>>
>>18988288
Good, good, this is good.

Can't we just have a nice thread of stuff like this, of reports from history of /x/ stuff?
>>
File: images-193.jpg (13KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
images-193.jpg
13KB, 223x310px
>>18985655
Unrelated but /tg/ here, source of artwork is an MtG card.
>>
File: o50zQiW.jpg (220KB, 1805x1206px) Image search: [Google]
o50zQiW.jpg
220KB, 1805x1206px
>>18991962
I'd play it.
Nice work anon.
>>
>>18992487
omg, i love the mighty boosh
>>
>>18986104
Electrical, course kill yoursef
>>
>>18992606
Yoursef, course of yourself
>>
>>18990313
No one else is interested. But I'll throw in another one.
There is recorded in Christopher Columbus' voyage logs a report of him seeing ufos. They seemed to just hover and observe the ships, not really causing any disturbance.
I have more if this thread survives awhile.
>>
>>18990313
One more before bed.
There was, in the early days of Europeans exploring the west, a certain tribe of Indians living in modern day Illinois. They had a legend of a thunderbird, a common enough story among the many tribes in the region. But this tribe had a unique artifact, a petroglyph with the image of one carved and painted into a bluff. They also had a legend of their tribe finally killing one of these monsters, which had been attacking and killing members of the tribe. Finally in the 1880s a man named Macadams was brought to the area to explore a cave where one of the creatures had supposedly made a nest. When he arrived, he didn't find the body of the thunderbird, he did however find the cave filled with bones, hundreds of which were human.
>>
bump this is interesting
>>
>>18985655

Read Communion by Streiber.

>ancient Japan
>doing military formations to prepare for Chinese invasion
>lights moving around in the sky
>everyone confused as fuck
>generals tell this to the the wise men back in the city
>wise men ponder about it for weeks
>come to the conclusion that it was the wind blowing the stars
>>
>>18994928
THANK YOU
>>
>>18986071
>not just
>What is?
>>
Not truly a paranormal story, More of an idea.The Library of Alexandria, A place full of all of the knowledge gathered in Rome I believe. Then the barbarians, the foolhardy humans. Came to burn the library to the ground. All of the secrets the knowledge gathered rendered, naught but ash.

One more, The hanging gardens of Babylon, A place hidden tucked away in the desert. A massive city with gardens full of plants from around the world with advanced water distribution systems and plants rumored to be from all corners of the world. Also one of the seven wonders of the ancient world.
>>
>>18995014
Caesars men burned the library while fighting Pompeiis' men. He even wrote about it in his commentaries. But I think alot of /x stuff was lost because of this. Just a theory, but the Egyptians would have been using papyrus by the days of Moses, so if there were records of the great catastrophic exodus, they would have been kept there.
>>
>>18995210
Well, there were many hidden tunnels discovered under the pyramid of Giza. The Egyptian government keeps it under wraps.
>>
>>18994928
Then, the star-moving-wind youkai ended up in Gensokyo
>>
Finally a true interesting thread. Bumping
>>
>>18995210
Multiple people burned the library at multiple times and more stuff was lost each time. The muslims and the crusaders also burned the library at some point.
>>
>>18985655
Whoa a non-shitty /x/ thread. Take a bump senpai
>>
Now at least a few people are interested.
During the voyages of Amerigo Vespucci, he tells a first hand account of one of his forays inland on the island of Curacao. He tells of following a trail of large footprints which eventually led to a small village. It was almost empty, save for a few old woman and three woman who were so tall the men were amazed. While contemplating kidnapping the girls, the explorers plan was cut short when the men of the village returned. These men were so large that when on their knees, they were still taller than Vespucci. The explorers decided to make a peaceful retreat, and were followed back to the ship. When on board they fired a few canon shots to scare the giant natives, and sailed away.
>>
Nice blogging fagbots.
>>
>>18996753
Well shit post if you must, but trying to breath some life into this deranged Somali helal recipe board isn't fucking easy, so you can just get aids, anon.
>>
>>18992894
They didn't call it a thunderbird, though. It was named "Piasa", which means "Bird that eats men".
>>
>>18996909
True. Just thought it fits the thunderbird motif of general American lore.
>>
>>18986084
>Relative unpredictability LIMITS complete explanation
We know how, what,and why, we don't know when and where.
>Hundreds of years
Only about 100 of those years actually had any good science done.
>>
File: Scourge of fleets.jpg (27KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Scourge of fleets.jpg
27KB, 223x310px
>>18986529
Its the art of a magic card called scourge of fleets
>>
>>18996911
True, true.
>>
This wood carving is from somewhere in West Africa, and was brought to Ireland sometime on the 1950s.
>>
>>18996867
>deranged Somali helal recipe board
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.