[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does /x/ feel about manufactured spookiness?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

File: mpv-shot0001.jpg (93KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0001.jpg
93KB, 1920x1080px
How does /x/ feel about manufactured spookiness?
>>
> be me
> solved the captcha
> dead inside
>>
>>18983417
Or in other words, ALL spookiness?
>>
>>18983417
What do you mean anon?
>>
>>18983417
Poppy isn't spooky you fag. It's just abstract art.
>>
>>18983417
if i can fap to it, it isn't spooky. enough.
>>
File: surprise_pepe.jpg (81KB, 566x581px) Image search: [Google]
surprise_pepe.jpg
81KB, 566x581px
>>18983533
>The spoopy part is the penis.
Is it there? Is it not there? When you find out are you relieved or disappointed? Are you disappointed that you are relieved, or relieved that you are disappointed?
>>/r9k/
>>/soc/
>>
poppy is an art project ruined by other youtubers trying to cash in on it's "spookiness"
>>
I think it's pretty pointless since the truth will eventually come to light. I hate hearing scary stories because I know it's a bunch of horse shit. If you want to post something really creepy just try your best and make sure no one figures out that its fake.
>>
We're told you not to post this shit here.
>>
File: gt8WR3X8_400x400.jpg (21KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
gt8WR3X8_400x400.jpg
21KB, 400x400px
>manufactured spookiness
Trying too hard, or not trying hard enough.

It's why I don't like creepypastas, roleplaying, or that SCP bullshit. We can have a frank discussion about genuinely freaky shit without bringing campfire ghost stories into it.
>>
File: 1494237288041.jpg (137KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1494237288041.jpg
137KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>18985061
>genuinely freaky shit
SKIN WALKERS HOAOAOAOHURGHHH
BIGFOOT! 11!1!!!11!!!!1
>>
>>18984738
This is my first time on /x/, ya doofus.
>>
>>18983417
>manufactured spookiness

You mean like 80% of the stuff /x/ talks about?
>>
>>18983417
Fiction can be scary, and it also means you don't have to take the effort in trying to debunk anything or come up with alternative, more reasonable explanations. You can just sit back and enjoy it.
>>
love that poppy
>>
Poppy has gotten a bit redundant for me. I get that she is a parody of pop culture and "vloggers" and fame, etc. Just kind of boring now.
>>
File: creepychan.jpg (59KB, 800x702px) Image search: [Google]
creepychan.jpg
59KB, 800x702px
Is Poppy just Creepy Chan for newfags?
>>
>>18985061
>this one time I was /k/amping innawoods with my minigun and rocket launcher and then my friend was a skinwalker so I ran really fast. Don't go to rocky mountains okay lmao
>>
>>18987002
>Creepy Chan for newfags
I've been here for years and I have no idea who that is.
>>
>>18987318

Newfag
>>
>>18983417
Bored.
>>
>>18983417
Manufactured spookiness is a product of the natural existence of reality so how "manufactured" can something fundamentally be? If it all eventually stems out of the same natural occurence?
>>
>>18987002
No she's Mars Argo for newfags
>>
So what I think OP means by "manufactured" spookiness might be sort of "trying too hard" spookiness?
Like Poppy. The whole idea of Poppy tries extremely hard. I think it's neat but it's also way too obvious what the message is (Like jesus, the faggot behind it with the faggier name doesn't know what subtlety is).

The lack of subtlety is what bothers me about Poppy.
>>
We need more Poppy threads.
>>
File: _Janitor_.png (123KB, 365x362px) Image search: [Google]
_Janitor_.png
123KB, 365x362px
Love the level of stupid in this thread
>>
>>18983417

It comes in waves. Slasher flicks, John Carpenter, etc.

In our post-2010 world, there is a television program about creepypastas.

This is a natural trajectory.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.