[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Best Spooky games to play by yourself in the dark.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 58

File: Condemned_Criminal_Origins.jpg (15KB, 256x342px) Image search: [Google]
Condemned_Criminal_Origins.jpg
15KB, 256x342px
ITT: Best Spooky games to play by yourself in the dark.
>>
File: 1493776546007.jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1493776546007.jpg
7KB, 225x225px
>>18978794
Fnaf
>>
>>18978921
i agree, but minecraft is a better choice imo
>>
>>18978924
Minecraft isn't spooky though?
>>
>>18978921
Well, to be honest, the whole fnaf concept is pretty neat. Not that spooky, but a cool idea. I work with children, and they are more or less obsessed.

Pic related, it's the springtrap character. Better with sound tho.
>>
>>18978943
When you don't expect the spook is when a single drop of it can traumatize you for the rest of your life.

>.gif
>>
Jump scares or genuine creepy tho?
Outlast 1 for jump scares but outlast 2 for both
SH 2-4 for uneasiness
Siren blood curse or any of the siren series
Even resident evil 7 has its get fucked moments
Kholat is cool
Soma/amnesia
Penumbra series
>>
>>18978794
silent hill 1,2 and 3
sanitarium
i have no mouth and i must scream
manhunt
>>
>>18978794
This is the ONLY video game to ever scare me, and I have played em all.

Specifically it was during the mall level
>>
i feel like we're allways repeating the same, but i don't blame you for asking:

Sanitarium - very creepy, sometimes pretty unnerving

Saya no uta - mindfucky weebo supposidly a "must play" for lovers of mindfuck creepy genre

Vampire:the masquerade - bloodlines. Too cool to be a horror game really, but it has some great creepy atmospheres. Very great creepy atmospheres

Condemned 2 was good too

Alan Wake was very good, bt i dont know if they ported it

Penumbra and amnesia series if you like run'em ups

Call of Chtulhu: dark corners of the earth - very worth a look
>>
Cry of fear
>>
>>18978794
been playing Outlast 2 lately. last spooky game I enjoyed this much was probably Condemned criminal origins
>>
>>18980044
*by "saya no uta" I meant Yume no Niki lol

came back to see if there was any good recomendations and saw my mistake
>>
'cry of fear' only horror game that could scare me a bit
>>
Cry of Fear
Silent Hill 1-4
Condemned
Amnesia
Sanitarium
Shivers 1-2
>>
there's no scarier game than irl.
>>
>>18980074
Great great great game
>>
>>18979430
yeah dude that mall was fucking creepy
>>
>tfw RE7 wasn't even really scary but was still fun as shit and my GOTY so far
>>
File: Nightmare_Apostle.jpg (243KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Nightmare_Apostle.jpg
243KB, 1920x1080px
>>18978794
Silent Hill 1-4 or Siren.
>>
>>18979430
I have this on my PC right now but have never played it. Should I?
>>
File: Penumbra2-win-cover.jpg (37KB, 250x354px) Image search: [Google]
Penumbra2-win-cover.jpg
37KB, 250x354px
The Penumbra series was really interesting to me. It wasn't "scary" but had a great tension and creepy vibe to it. Plus I loved the story - incredibly /x/ fitting on multiple levels, and I liked the way it took its time unfolding and let you piece it together rather than hitting you over the head with it.

Amnesia was a more tense game and had better overall gameplay mechanics but the story didn't hook me nearly in the same way.
>>
>>18982561
He's lying. It was never good and has aged like milk. Play Alien Isolation instead.
>>
>>18982592
Ooh I bought that on sale once, but refunded it after seeing I could have gotten ALL the DLC for literally $1 more. I'll play it eventually.
>>
File: download (2).jpg (8KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
8KB, 259x194px
Blood. Particularly Episodes 1, 2, and Cryptic Passage. Scariest map is The Overlooked Hotel in EP2.
>>
>>18982592
>>18982592
I haven't played Condemned in years, but it didn't make me bored and pissed off 2/3 through the way Alien did. I would say Condemned is a much better game.
So, yes. Check it out.
>>
>>18978921
honestly fnaf isn't that bad, it has it's ups and downs, even without taking into account the fandom.
The lore is pretty damn good and actually interesting, the creator is a great guy too.
The games are sometimes a bit short, mostly sister location, and at the end of the day, the scares do mostly occur from jumpscares, so yeah.
But i have to give props to Scott for being the first person in ages to come up with a really good and fresh idea for a horror game.
>>
>>18982586
The way I see it:
Penumbra series is primarily puzzle focused.
Amnesia: The Dark Descent is for raw spooks.
SOMA is all about story.

Of course they mix and match those three elements, but those are the standouts. The first two Penumbras are my favourites.

>>18980837
>>18980698
>>18980074
I don't understand why Cry of Fear is so revered. I played the Half-Life mod and found it buggy and uninteresting - I played 1/2 to 2/3 of it. Is the full version significantly different, or is it just more polished?

A good /x/ related game I never see get any love is Kairo. It's not scary, it's really more of a "walking simulator", but it's got dat atmosphere, gorgeous music, and a really neat story that needs to be pieced together. I love it.
>>
File: Purple_Guy_Death_Gif_3.gif (4KB, 222x183px) Image search: [Google]
Purple_Guy_Death_Gif_3.gif
4KB, 222x183px
>>18982772
Yeah, and making animatronics scary. I've always thought that robots belonged in sci-fi, but those in fnaf is really spooky spooky.

>Along with the other animatronics, Bonnie will try to forcefully stuff any human he sees after hours into a Freddy Fazbear suit, resulting in death.

>However, the previously mentioned faulty mechanisms within Springtrap malfunctioned, causing Purple Guy to be crushed and sliced by the internal springs and gears, thus killing him.

It might be a little cheesy, especially if you're autistic. I love it though.
>>
>>18979408
>manhunt
Nigga of mine
>>
File: Fawkes.jpg (201KB, 800x571px) Image search: [Google]
Fawkes.jpg
201KB, 800x571px
Fallout 3 was pretty spooky navigating the subway systems and dead vaults. I had a few good jumpscares from random enemies. Best jumpscare I had was when I'd lost Fawkes for a few hours, thought fuck it he'll turn up, went into a subway, turned around and BOOM he was standing right behind me. Fucker gave me a heart attack.
>>
I'd say Fatal Frame 2 or Silent Hill 2, both are great.

Also, does anybody else think Outlast is an overrated piece of shit? Game literally consists of:
>Run
>JUMP SCARE
>Run
>JUMP SCARE
>Run
>GET YOUR DICK CUT OFF

Only thing I kinda liked was the story, but that was pretty incoherent and retarded at times.
>>
The atmosphere in the first part of the game reminds me of walking home from my friends house in LA. Like you can feel the danger.
>>
>>18982961
Outlast would have been completely overrated if not for the atmosphere it inspires and the lengths the developers go through to get that shock value.

I agree to some extent of the jumpscares being a bit much, but coupled with the random encounters you have with inmates and patients, it really comes together in a way that's much more than just piss-poor jumpscares. It's especially enjoyable if you take your time walking around and taking everything in, instead of just running all the time. Adds immersion
>>
>>18982962
It's the best part of the game and the synth soundtrack only adds to it.

>>18982949
Why do I feel like I read this a million times.
>>
>>18982982
>Why do I feel like I read this a million times.
Perhaps because it was a well-made game with an eerie vibe? I don't know, you tell me.

Why do you feel that you've read it a million times?
>>
>>18983000
Have you posted this before. With almost the exact wording?
>>
>>18983000
I wouldn't really say fallout 3 had an eerie vibe..
>>
>>18983012
No, not that I can recall. It may be a common post seeing as millions of people played FO3 and found the subways creepy.

>>18983014
The subways and vaults were creepy, don't you think? All alone in a dark strange place not knowing wtf was around the corner. One of my favourite games desu.
>>
how was no one mentioned Siren??
>>
>>18983022
I mean the vaults and/or subways yeah sure, but the game in its entirety? i never got a eerie vibe unless in those specific places
>>
>>18983030
Agreed.
>>
>>18983032
Did you get any of those vibes in fallout 4?
>>
File: Fatal_Frame_III_camera_gameplay.jpg (18KB, 365x273px) Image search: [Google]
Fatal_Frame_III_camera_gameplay.jpg
18KB, 365x273px
Fatal Frame

>armed with just a camera??

Played it for 15 mins, yeah nah fuck that.
>>
>Ctrl-f Dead Space
>no results
You have all let me down. 1 and 2 are perfect games to play in the dark
>>
>>18983039
Haven't bothered with it yet desu. I know when I start playing it I'll be hooked 24/7 for months so I've been avoiding it.
>>
>>18983066
is there any place i can add you? like steam? i wish to discuss fallout
>>
>>18983091
Nah I don't use steam or social media, bro. we have /v/ for that.
>>
File: 1494214802226.jpg (40KB, 250x239px) Image search: [Google]
1494214802226.jpg
40KB, 250x239px
>>18983114
>>
>>18982592
I laugh whenever I see the stiff shadow
>>
>>18983364
me too ;P
>>
Any multiplayer horror games ?

Used to co-op gmod horror maps with friends but got a bit boring. Want to play some spoopy shit with 3 or 4 players
>>
>>18978794
>>18980044
Yeah, /x/ always suggests the same 6/7 games.
Here's some nice RPG Maker Horror games, to change it up a bit.

>Yume Nikki
A classic. You're a little girl that explores her dreams.
Weird atmosphere, no dialogue and mindfuck all around.
There are a few unofficial sequels, like Yume 2kki, and a game with an identical style but a totally different story, named .flow.

>Ib
A personal favorite. You play a little girl trapped in an art gallery. More creepy than scary, has a few different endings.

>Mad Father
One of the better known RPG Maker Horror games (even though it was actually made in Wolf Editor).
You're a little girl (seeing a pattern?) whose father is... not an entirely wholesome individual. Shit happens.

>Misao
Made by the same person that created Mad Father. You're a student whose classmate recently disappeared. Quite a few jumpscares.
In the newest version you can either play as a guy or as a girl, and there's some minor differences between the two (just in terms of personality though).

>Corpse Party
There's a bunch of versions of this game, but the most played one is the one on the PSP. You play as a bunch of students that, after an earthquake, are trapped into a different school with no way out. Some gore and jumpscares, quite a lot of endings iirc.

>Ao Oni
Also a classic. There are different versions, some of which have entirely different characters. You're a guy trapped in a spoopy house with a weird blue demon. Prepare to run a lot.

>The Witch's House
Yet another game where you play as a girl trapped in a house. This one has quite a few jumpscares, and two endings. The true ending as a nice twist.

>OFF
A surreal french rpg, with a somewhat creepy twist towards the end. Really, really nice music.

>Forest of Drizzling Rain
This one has THE shittiest english translation, but it's still really interesting as far as the story goes. Creepy, and can get somewhat tragic based on the ending you get.

>cont.
>>
There's a game from sometime in the last ten years that I have been trying to find. I only ever saw a preview of it.

You're in an old house, I think, and going from room to room. I think you find little parchment pages that have cartoony drawn animations on them. Bit by bit you recover your memory, I think of something awful you did.

I mainly remember one of the animations was a body being cut open by a chainsaw. The animations were sort of like little kids doodles.
>>
>>18983664
>cont.

>Mogeko Castle
You're a highschool girl who somehow ends up trapped in a castle, populated by cat-like creatures called Mogeko. And they really, really want to rape you.

>Dreaming Mary
A cute, extremely pink game. You're a girl named Mary that explores her dream. A few different endings.

>The Crooked Man
Made by Uri.
You're a guy that recently moved into a new apartment. Weird shit starts happening.

>Mermaid Swamp
Also made by Uri.
You're one a trip with your friends when your car breaks down. Fortunately, an old guy helps you out and lets you spend the night at his house. But something's not right...

>Paranoiac
Also also made by Uri.
You're a woman that recently moved in your deceased aunt's house. Every night you spend there a strange monster appears, but who knows if it's real or if it's all in your head.

>Hello? Hell... o?
A really short game with jumpscares and a simple story. Makes up for it by having a LOT of different endings through which you can piece together the story.

>Desert Nightmare
Originally in german, this game has a really Silent Hill-esque feel to it. You play as Sandra, who's abandoned by her parents at a gas station while on a trip, and ends up in Dusty Creek, where shit is weird.

>Schuld
Made by the same guy that created Desert Nightmare.
You're a man named Aaron, who wakes up in the middle of the street with no memory of how you got there. You've only got a book with you, and while you were asleep the world has apparently gone through the Apocalypse.

>Blank Dream
This is a fairly recent one. You've just committed suicide, hoping to disappear forever... But instead, you find yourself in the Mirror World.

>Dear Mariko
You're a girl that comes home to find a goodbye letter from the one you love. Has three different endings (Normal, Bad and True).

>Kinder (2k3) or the remake Re:Kinder (VX)
You're a little kid that ends up finding his hometown barren and ruined after visiting his grandparents. Shit goes down.

>cont.
>>
File: undying.jpg (138KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
undying.jpg
138KB, 800x600px
I don't know how well its held up

but Clive Barker's Undying was one of the best horror games ever made
>>
>>18983715
>cont.

>The LISA series
Creepy music, bizarre atmosphere and perverts.
There are three games in the series, along with a fan sequel: The First, The Painful, The Joyful and The Pointless.

>Space Funeral
Surreal game somewhat inspired by Earthbound. A whole lot of blood everywhere.

>.flow
A Yume Nikki fangame.
This one is far creepier than Yume Nikki, with a lot of hospital imagery, body horror and a creepy atmosphere.

>Fleshchild
Another Yume Nikki fangame.
You play as Vis, a fleshchild on a "quest" to please Visceriph (also known as Fleshmother or the "big eye thing").

>LAst Week
A Thai rpg horror game, with a somewhat lacking english translation. You play as a girl named Napa, who decides to set foot in an abandoned school that has been plaguing her dreams since she was a child.

>Mica: Apoptosis
A corrupt church, a growing fear of psychics and a kid who claims to be the Messiah... by killing everything that stands in his way.
Add to that three separate narrators with a healty amount of unreliability, and you've got a nice, creepy game.

>The Mirror Lied
You're a little girl that lives alone in a big house. There's nothing to do... except getting phone calls from "birdy".
It isn't classified as a horror game by its creator, but it does have quite a bit of unsettling atmosphere.

>Pocket Mirror
You're a little girl that wakes up without her memories and only the eponymous pocket mirror.

>Seven Mysteries
Pretty straightforward horror game, inspired by the traditional scary "mysteries" that japanese schools have.

>Stray Cat Crossing
You're trying to retrieve your favorite scarf, but instead get trapped in a weird house with strange creatures.
And who knows, you might even discover some things.

>Alice Mare
You play as a young boy named Allen who has been sent to a special facility after losing his memories.
It's mostly an adventure game, but there's a bit of creepy in there as well.

>cont.
>>
>>18983664
Baby's first horror games

>>18983715
Better.

>>18983805
Now you're talkin
Also to add on Space Funeral:

IGNORE THE FAN SEQUELS
ONE IS FURRY SELF INSERT SHIT
THE OTHER IS JUST SHIT
>>
>>18983805
>cont.

>Wraith
Yet another spooky mansion with yet another spooky secret. Your objectives are to save your friends and to discover the mystery behind the wraith.
A few different endings, based on how many people you save and on whether or not you discover the wraith's story.

>Miserere
You're an unnamed astronaut that has been living solitarily in a small space station located on a planet close to the center of a galaxy.
Inspired quite a lot by Yume Nikki, so expect a lot of dream exploring.

>Mix Ore/Mikoto Nikki/Yanderella/The Dark Side of Red Riding Hood
Or any of the games by Charon, really. Quite a few of them feature yanderes, and they're all more focused on story than gameplay.
All of them are relatively short but with a lot of endings.

>The God of Crawling Chaos
You're a color blind student that decides to try a new, experimental drug to cure his condition.

>The Desolate Hospital
A horror adventure game where a gas masked man explores a desolate hospital to recover a red jewel. No game overs, really short.

>Fausts Alptraum
A story based on Goethe's Faust. You play as a troubled girl wandering around in a crayon-drawn world.
Neat style.

>IT COMES
Inspired by a creepypasta. Really nice atmosphere.

>Fear & Hunger
A roguelike with some horror and traditional role-playing elements. Still a demo unfortunately, but looks promising.

>Lavender
A reimagining of Rapunzel. It's quite possible to go through the game without encountering any of the horror elements though.

>Pokémon Nightmare: Invasion
A horror/mystery game with graphics resembling the first generation of pokémon games.

>From Next Door
The protagonist moves into a new house, whose price is almost too good to be true. And maybe it is, considering all the weird stuff that is happening.
Inspired by Junji Ito and Silent Hill, a bit on the short side.

I'm gonna stop, since there are way too many rpg maker horror games to list (holy hell I didn't know there were just so MANY).
>>
>>18983685
Sounds vaguely like Rule of Rose. I love the game, the soundtrack is amazing, but damn they make you feel helpless as fuck. The first weapon you get is a dinner fork for fucks sake...

Haunting Ground is a favorite of mine. Great atmospheres, great soundtrack, and having to hide from enemies is pretty neat.
>>
>>18983685
amnesia penumbra
>>
>>18982949
Fallout 1 is way scarier bro
>>
>>18983951
>>18983961

This wasn't a console game and only had digital distribution.

Rule of Rose looks really good, though. I may see about getting that one.
>>
>>18983750
I just came to see this post
It hurts to know there will be no undying 2
>>
>>18978794

>Only If
(Vague and Pretty with no actual spooks but they game gives off an awful creepy vibe)

>Postal 2
(Vague, not spooky initially but it just feels like bad juju and thats a good spook)

>Men of War Assault Squad 2
(No spookyness here but the fear/stress/anxiety of waiting to lose units is C O N S T A N T)

>FEAR Games
(No expl needed)
>>
>>18983805
Thanks for all the suggestions anon.
>>
>>18983647
friday the 13th
>>
>>18978794
Amnesia
Outlast
Silent Hill 2,3 and 4
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (39KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
39KB, 480x360px
I thought this was okay, some scary parts. Definitely agree on Condemned
>>
>>18983026
This, Siren's atmosphere is absolutely chilling. The shibito and the cursed Japanese town feel is pulled off extremely well.

>>18983042
All of the Fatal Frame games are great. 2 is the general favourite among players, but I'm a huge fan of the first. Play through as many as you can.

I'd recommend Consuming Shadow. Like Siren, its atmosphere is overwhelming and completely hostile. The only time you feel 'safe' is after you clear out a dungeon, and even then, you know it's only temporary. It really feels like everything is out to get you, in typical cosmic fashion.
>>
>>18978794
Touch the weiner
>>
>>18983060
/thread
>>
File: 1393010482876.jpg (53KB, 412x500px) Image search: [Google]
1393010482876.jpg
53KB, 412x500px
>>18978794
Shadow Man
>>
>>18978924

> i seen hero brine i prmise you
>>
Until Dawn was a cute lil spoop. Like sit down to watch a movie with popcorn spoop. Just turn off vibration before you play
>>
>>18987627
Whats so spooky about this anon?
>>
>>18978921
THAT'S NOT HOW YOU USE THE CARLOS MEME
>>
File: Metro_2033_Game_Cover.jpg (81KB, 270x333px) Image search: [Google]
Metro_2033_Game_Cover.jpg
81KB, 270x333px
>>
File: spook.jpg (114KB, 1064x907px) Image search: [Google]
spook.jpg
114KB, 1064x907px
I was in the process of making a comprehensive infographic or a set of them rated via jump scares etc. back in 2015.

Might go back and try pulling one together if anyone's into it.

Here's how it was shaping up:
>>
File: Metrolastlight.jpg (41KB, 250x305px) Image search: [Google]
Metrolastlight.jpg
41KB, 250x305px
>>18988229
>>
>>18988828
needs more half life mods
>>
File: ONaF2.jpg (38KB, 433x244px) Image search: [Google]
ONaF2.jpg
38KB, 433x244px
>a fan game is better than the actual game
>>
>>18988992
The One Night at Flumpty's fangames are really good, surprisingly so.
>>
>>18978794
the scary maze game
>>
I enjoyed eternal darkness: sanities requiem in this context. Scary stuff
>>
File: DectectiveCondemned.jpg (108KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DectectiveCondemned.jpg
108KB, 1920x1080px
Just finished the first mission on Condemned: Criminal Origins.

Fucking GREAT spooky ass game!
>>
>>18983805
To add to the Lisa series, there also seems to be another fangame called "LISA: The Hopeful".
Apparently there's quite a bit of content.
>>
>>18978794
ohh this is what i needed in my life. thanks senpai!
>>
>>18983750
speaking of old games nosferatu: wrath of malachi was really scary when i played it back in the day. i replayed it recently and it wasn't all that terrifying but yeah it has it's moments. if you can tolerate (or enjoy) older graphics i definitely recommend.
>>
>>18983876
It Comes was based on a creepypasta? I'm surprised I never actually noticed. Uh.
Wasn't there also a shitty rpg maker game inspired by the various skinwalker creepypastas/greentexts? I remember it being quite bad. Just jumpscares and bad narration.

Makes you think though. What creepypastas/greentexts would work as horror games?
>>
>>18988828
>cry of fear

would be spooky if it wasn't so damn hard

reloading over and over takes me out of it
>>
Fatal Frame 3 is the all around best game (At least of the first 3). The house scenes are so fuckin spooky. 1 and 2 have its moments but not nearly as spooky.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvveFwIilMA
>>
>>18988828
Please anon, finish this infograph for us.
>>
>>18989628

This is one of the very few series I know of where the games actually get better as each one goes on.
>>
>>18989793
It's also one of the few horror games I feel isn't held back by the game play at all. The "action" is very purposeful and always keeps you on edge as the game progresses if not more so. I really need to play 4 and 5 but the latter I need a wiiU for which sucks. My favorite director made the game though so it's a must play for me.

As much as I like silent hill the combat kills some of the tension for me. Especially since most boss fights feel like they're there just because it's a video game and you need bosses at the end of a level/dungeon.
>>
File: tsw.jpg (138KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tsw.jpg
138KB, 1280x720px
Anyone else excited that the only /x/ approved MMO is getting rebooted and released free to play?
>>
>>18978794
play by myself? how could I play it otherwise?
>>
>>18983750
>Implying Vampires are scary
>>
>>18989993
>implying it's vampires
>>
>>18989813

What did you think of the Condemned games anon?
>>
>>18990079
They are fucking vampires.
>>
File: 13759450794616.jpg (205KB, 924x1495px) Image search: [Google]
13759450794616.jpg
205KB, 924x1495px
>>18990085
except

they're not
>>
>>18990112
Those look EXACTLY like vampires.
>>
>>18990124
sigh just play the game
>>
>>18990131
No, vampires are boring.
>>
>>18990083
I only played the second one for a very short period when I was rather young. I didn't enjoy it but my tastes have changed a lot since then and I want to try the games out again.

Any horror game with a gun generally brings down my level of immersion. I'm not a big FPS fan in general so that doesn't help. Not saying they're all bad or it automatically makes a bad horror game but for me personally kind of ruins some of the horror aspects for me. RE is an example of something where guns can both be limiting and make the horror or other games in the series lack any horror because of having guns used in a more action oriented way.

RE7 is a good example of a game that was not made terrible because of the gunplay but also at some points had it affect how "scary" things were. You definitely can't shoot wildly because you must conserve ammo but using a flame thrower on a boss isn't exactly fear inducing. Sure at points your weapons can do nothing or aren't going to "kill" a character but you always have the same sense of "I'll defeat this boss" which ruins atmosphere and immersion for me. Silent Hill specifically has the issue of running away from almost every other monster until a boss and unloading your guns into it until it dies.

This was a big issue when I first played condemned. I was taken away from the horror automatically from it being a genre I dislike and feel isn't the best for horror. since then I've learned to accept it and give games a chance even if it will take me out of the immersion with a gun because they can still have genuinely horrifying scenes and experiences.
>>
>>18990148

Cool man, thanks for your thoughts. I am actually playing the first Condemned which is actually my favorite. I think it is far more scary and unpredictable. I personally LOVE the simplicity of it compared to the in depth gross detail the second one gave us. Its what in my opinion makes the first one so scary is the simplicity and intricate attention towards dat nostalgic atmosphere.
>>
>>18983750
I replayed it through not long ago.

And honestly it holds up pretty well. The graphics are pretty dated now, particularly in the out-doors sections, but the atmosphere is good and the gunplay still feels nice.

Still plenty of opportunities for a good scare too.

Makes me sad we'll never see a sequel.
>>
>>18990179
All the Vampires are dead. What would you do in a sequel? Travelling the vampire dimension?
>>
>>18980546
>saya no uta
you can't fool everyone just by removing an 'n'
>>
>>18990190
Have you ever even played it?
>>
>>18990302

I don't think he has anon.
>>
>>18989993
Dude, I've never even heard of the game but that image quite clearly contains at least a werewolf, a zombie and a demon.
The only one who might even remotely resemble a vampire is the axe-wielding dude, and what kind of self-respecting vampire uses an axe when he has superhuman strength and (depending on mythology) several supernatural powers?
>>
>>18983014
Playing that game made me legitimately depressed after a while and I had to put it down for a bit. Something about being immersed in a very grey and macabre cityscape, something no fallout game since has hit for me.

Definitely an eerie vibe
>>
The Uncle Who Works For Nintendo
>>
File: 1466969675015.jpg (29KB, 384x256px) Image search: [Google]
1466969675015.jpg
29KB, 384x256px
Nanashi no Game/Nameless game on Nintendo DS is pretty spooky. Not worth emulating, but if you have homebrew or a flashcart on genuine hardware its pretty spooky.
>>
I played Castlevania 64 for 10 minutes and it gave me nightmares
>>
>>18990148
The first at least is very melee based
>>
>>18982949
>>18983022
I feel the same way about STALKER. The lab sections really fuck with you without really giving you any jumpscares, its mostly just atmosphere.
>>
File: Doppel_remake.png (260KB, 740x416px) Image search: [Google]
Doppel_remake.png
260KB, 740x416px
>no one has said White Day

Am I the only one who's fucking pissed that the remake is only released on IOS/Android right now? It's unplayable like that and the PS4/PC release was supposed to come out in March.
>>
>>18982765
That's one problem with Isolation, the threat of getting caught by the xeno has to be there or it won't be scary, but then you get jumped too many times in a row, and it's no longer scary, just annoying. Still a great game though, I wish there was a sequel, or at least a spiritual successor.
>>
>>18978794
Never played condemned 1, but condemned 2 was just bum murder simulator, and it was hilarious
>>
>>18983647
Damned was kind of funny-spooky with friends, but it's kinda clunky and shitty to be honest. Somewhat similar to Dead by Daylight. Friday the 13th and Last Year are upcoming similar games as well.
>>
>>18985982
This. can't wait for it to be fully released.
>>
>>18990886
do you have a good link to a download of the original game? I cant find too much on it but I think I remember it from back in the day scaring the shit out of me
>>
>>18991174
https://nicoblog.org/pc-games/40762/ This should work. Use the site a lot but not this download for this specific game.
>>
Is "the evil within" good? Or is it all jump scares? Have it on my shelf but never played it. Wondering if it's worth a go.
>>
>>18991283
The "run instead of fight" thing stops pretty early in. It plays like RE4, it's fun. It has trippy parts. The story is nothing to write home about. It takes itself too seriously and does that thing where it only tells the full story through DLC. It's alright.
>>
>>18983039
I have 326 hours on that game, and I've only found 1 or 2 places that were a little creepy. There isn't really shit for creepy/scary moments in that game.
>>
File: IMG_9146.gif (2MB, 250x338px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9146.gif
2MB, 250x338px
Franbow spooked me a lot I highly recommend it (pic related)
>>
File: spook.jpg (1MB, 1600x1839px) Image search: [Google]
spook.jpg
1MB, 1600x1839px
>>18989778
Doing it for you anon.
Takes a fair amount of time btw since I'm researching reviews to help with games I haven't had enough time in etc.
>>
>>18978921
Fnaf isn't even a terrible game, It's just that the fanbase is absolute garbage.
>>
File: 1444353905818.png (79KB, 230x337px) Image search: [Google]
1444353905818.png
79KB, 230x337px
>>18990137
>>
>>18991525
Good game
>>
>>18979060
The graphics need work and there are more ways to scare someone other than jump scares.
>>
>>18983060
I was looking for this comment. First two were good but avoid 3
>>
>>18990137
Play it and I'll send you a mood ring.
>>
>>18979408
>manhunt

also my nigger
>>
Cry of Fear and Condemned are the only games that ever truly scared me..
Cry of Fear made me see horror games and horror differently.. Harder to appreciate it now after witnessing that masterwork fucking game
>>
>>18990085
she is a fucking werewolf you fucking dingus
>>
>>18988829
My nigga
The Metro series have to be amongst my favourite horror-esque games that happen to be out there. That's not even going to say about the amazing atmosphere in the game that perfects just everything about the game being creepy. If you love the series you honestly need to at least try to read the novels as they happen to be glorious in all ways.
>>
>>18982561
hell yeah man. Condemned remains one of my favorite games and perhaps my all time favorite horror game.
>>
>>18982742
the haunted house in ep2 has a really great atmosphere to it.
>>
>>18991525
Nice! Keep up the good work, anon.
>>
File: indigo.jpg (36KB, 300x381px) Image search: [Google]
indigo.jpg
36KB, 300x381px
not truly "horror" but this was a good thriller game
>>
>>18991732
how do you enjoy Cry of Fear when its hard af

even the first enemies in the sewers has me quicksave quickloading
>>
>>18988196
Sorry anon. But I was kidding at first and then I gave it a thought and changed my mind but it was to late. Okey?
>>
>>18991611
Yes, you're right. But it's kid-friendly without blood, gore and swears. And that makes it pretty cool imo.
>>
File: Struggle.gif (77KB, 960x604px) Image search: [Google]
Struggle.gif
77KB, 960x604px
>ctrl+f
>no Clock Tower

C'mon people.
>>
Metro 2023

Try playing that on little sleep.
I recommend only doing this if your what people would consider "level".
>>
This is pretty softcore since it's based off a Disney Parks ride but it's pretty fun, there are some jumpscares tho but it's mostly getting sneaked on
>>
>>18992658
Nothing is more thrilling than a million game overs and simon says while having a matrix fight https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uT5Z1JG1lE

The awkward sex scene to theory of a dead man was also great as well.
>>
>>18992024
Are the novels seriously good anon?
>>
>>18982949
yeah there's something about the engine they used for oblivion and fallout 3 that feels really lonely when you're not in a crowded area.
>>
>>18991525
>outlast
>next level

Improve your shittaste or delete this garbage.
>>
Subnautica
no game has ever made me feel so vulnerable
>>
>>18992790
WWTL?
>>
>>18993699

Can you use whole phrases please?
>>
i played first four games of the silent hill
is there any more games like that. i just want to run again in that foggy weather of the silent hill and run door to door in creepy hallways. i love its spookiness.
>>
>>18993853
Siren
>>
Woah cry of fear is free!? And co op??

Okay, whose down to get an /x/ cry of fear game going tonight?
>>
Doom 3 is a great spooky FPS.
>>
File: doom-3-bfg-1.jpg (9KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
doom-3-bfg-1.jpg
9KB, 300x300px
>>18994388

TOTALLY AGREE Anon!!

It's right up there with the FEAR games and Condemned.
>>
The hotel in VTM: Bloodlines was really well done, I recommend it.
>>
I posted subnautica earlier, but my post got deleted
crossing open waters in a dinky little submarine makes me feel too vulnerable
>>
Wanking
>>
i really really enjoyed Resident Evil 7. great to play on your own in the dark with headphones
>>
File: 51Kz0wxsZvL.jpg (47KB, 458x438px) Image search: [Google]
51Kz0wxsZvL.jpg
47KB, 458x438px
Whats the census on pic related? I had a really weird dream recently and after describing it to a friend he said it sounded like something out of serial experiments lain, so I gave it a look see and lain is the exact same person I saw in the dream. I hadn't heard about the game or the anime but just downloaded a psx emulator and the disc iso's so now im setting up the controller and I'll be ready to rock, so spooky or no? And beyond that, good or bad game and anime?
>>
>>18978943
Try it with a VR headset
>>
File: ClaireBoxArt_Desur.jpg (342KB, 960x1320px) Image search: [Google]
ClaireBoxArt_Desur.jpg
342KB, 960x1320px
Claire is good, mind fucker, good plot
>>
>>18992658
I liked this game a lot
>>
Metro 2033 and Metro Last Light
>>
>>18995656
Do you have the translated version? I've been looking for years.
>>
>>18978794
Being kind of a military and history geek, I must admit the first Colladoody: Black Ops campaign had it's moments. It plays into my personal fears really well. And for anyone, the game does have a darker feel than any other game in the franchise.
>>
>>18982592
>was never good

Opinions are one thing, but flat out lying to people is just fucking awful.
>>
>>18978794
Also, any of the Alien games. Alien Isolation was the creepiest, but my personal favorite is AVP 2010. It's a good action-horror.
>>
>>18978794
The original Slender game was at least playable, but Slender: The Arrival was the shit. It had a decent story, and it took spoopy to a new level. It got me into horror.
>>
>>18978794
Slender The Arrival

Specifically the mine level and the homestead level, ESPECIALLY THE HOMESTEAD LEVEL. That level scared the shit out of me and it took me some time to get the nerve to complete it. Layers of Fear is also pretty spooky.
>>
>>18995793
They gave up on the translation project
>>
There's a game called The Cat Lady that was pretty spoopy. They also made another game before that I've never played but also looks spoops.
>>
>>18983060
Dead Space didn't feel as scary when you got a big ass gun and lit motherfuckers up. I personally felt like an absolute badass when I used the pulse rifle to completely tear through the first black necromorph.
>>
>>18983647
White Noise Online was pretty scary, even with others. I heard that they made a second one on PC but I think the first one is only available through the Xbox Live 360 market.
>>
>>18995822
Homestead...
>>
>>18995793
I wish, got the pdf translation, reading along
>>
>>18991458
Yes, highly underrated. Actually working on a Fran Bow cosplay right now.
>>
>>18989830
I am!
>>
The Metro series
>>
>>18995822

I might have to try this slender man shit out than. I always thought those games were initially a joke.
>>
Nightmare Creatures, anyone?
>>
>>18995944
I love that game so much. They got everything right.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (173KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
173KB, 1920x1080px
>>18996157
They're like any other jumpscare-based game, really. There is atmosphere, yes, but after a while you either get so pissed off at the jumpscares that you don't care or just straight up ignore them.
Doesn't mean the games aren't scary if played by yourself though.

To add to the discussion, The Coma: Cutting Class was pretty entertaining. You fall asleep during a test and when you wake up everyone is gone and weird shit is going down.
>pic related

There's also quite a few flash horror games that aren't half bad.
The "Bad Dream" series by Desert Fox has a nice style. There's something like 6 games, but they're all relatively short.
The "Deep Sleep" series by scriptwelder is really well done, and then there's "Lone Survivor" which is quite Silent Hill-esque.

Personally though, I prefer when a seemingly-normal game suddenly takes a turn for the weird and creepy than an out-and-out horror game. With the latter you know what to expect, but in the former's case you're completely unprepared.
>>
>>18996587
>Personally though, I prefer when a seemingly-normal game suddenly takes a turn for the weird and creepy than an out-and-out horror game.

What are some good examples of this that really impact the game?
>>
File: Eversion.png (3KB, 330x271px) Image search: [Google]
Eversion.png
3KB, 330x271px
>>18996602
The first one that comes to mind is probably Eversion, a puzzle platformer.
>pic related
But the whiplash from the sudden turn is kind of the whole point of the game, so I don't know how much that counts.

Other examples from actually normal games would probably be Earthbound's final boss, or being suddenly taken to the future to be executed/being asked to kill yourself in the Mystery Dungeon: Explorers games.
Hell, even Cookie Clicker probably counts, with the sudden Lovecraft-inspired grandmas trying to conquer the world.
>>
>>18996602
Probably Eversion or Pony Island.
>>
File: 01.jpg (163KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
01.jpg
163KB, 900x506px
What do you guys think of Scorn?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvBo_rKleNw

The developers said that it should be released this year (the first part at least), and that it isn't going to be a walking simulator.

I think it looks promising.
>>
>>18996703
I cant stand that freaky HR Giger shit, but I know im in the minority there so hopef it's good for others.
>>
>>18979123
The original Siren bothers me, the voice acting completely disconnected me from it.

Still need to play Blood Curse, though.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BczPm1d5_18

It was made on a budget of like twenty bucks, but if you want to explore some neat imagery and don't mind basic point-n-click controls, this is a pretty solid little game.
>>
File: swordsman1.jpg (202KB, 638x2846px) Image search: [Google]
swordsman1.jpg
202KB, 638x2846px
>>18996602

The legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask comes to mind. There are a lot of little strange moments. Clock town si very comfy and creepy at the same time
>>
>>18990879
I have to agree with STALKER anon. Even with a fully automatic shotgun, the first time I went into the labs I was spooked. I thought there would be mutants I've never seen before, and there was. And hordes of zombies :(. And the noises! The creaking and groaning. Theres nothing that jumps out, it's just the immense feeling of dread that hits you when you realize you are in a dangerous place you should not be in.

In SOC the first bloodsucker you meet underground really got me. I crouched the entire tunnel because I kept hearing him.

Even when i downloaded a mod that allowed me to wander anywhere I wanted, I hardly ever went to the labs. I spent more time under constant monolith threat in pripyat than I did in any lab.

Fucking love STALKEr
>>
>>18996845

I always wanted to play Blood Curse. Have you heard anything good about it anon?
>>
>>18989830
>tfw bought the grand master pack, when it was monthly sub

I'm looking forward to it, anon.
>>
Corpse Party is pretty creepy
Those ambient noises that go on in the background are on point
>>
>>18997070
Nintendo does that "sudden creepy" shit quite a lot, both in other zelda games and other games in general.
Look at all the creepy stuff in the pokémon games (the main ones' creepiness is better hidden though, the spin offs like mystery dungeon just throw stuff like, "Oh, to save the world you have to KILL YOURSELF" in your face quite a lot), the paper mario series, pikmin...
Heck, even the backstory for splatoon gets kinda creepy.
>>
http://lab.serotoninphobia.info
>>
>>18998440
wot the fak
>>
>>18982406
pic extremely unrelated
>>
>>18997070
The film Melancholia is pretty similar to Majora's Mask. The depressive tone is a lot more overt, of course, since it's a drama and not a video game where you jump a ramp and ram your body into a robotic bull's ass. Check it out if you like that vibe.
>>
>>18997285
I was never that scared playing stalker. The point where they introduce the horror elements is scary yeah but after that idk. It's an awesome game full of pure /x/ shit but it's not scary most of the time. I hate to be one of these fags but I usually don't get scared in games where you can kill everything.

The most scared I've ever been playing a game was when I was playing Thief II without having played the first and had a Haunt run out of a door I opened in the basement of the cathedral level though, it turns out they're an enemy you have to clear a room of in the first game and would have been rendered unscary
>>
File: 20170415164103_1.jpg (38KB, 385x483px) Image search: [Google]
20170415164103_1.jpg
38KB, 385x483px
Out of Hell (UT mod)

picunrelated
>>
>>18978794
I played the first level of it but the janky combat just stopped me from being scared. I'd see some drugged up hobo run past down a corridor and know I'd easily be able to bludgeon him to death with a lead pipe
>>
The original Prey is a VERY paranormal game. Also pretty spooky desu. It's on Kinguin for $3 and is better than the new Prey.
>>
Tbh
>>
Nancy drew series, specifically Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake, I fucked with that as a kid
maybe because i grew up in the rural south, but it was mega spoopy at times
As far as modern titles go, Outlast for adrenaline rush
I'm a normie when it comes to gaming though
>>
>>18989512
The No-End House could easily be a game i think.
>>
>>18978794
Saw someone talking about flash games, the fog falls is good
About going to the surface after nuclear war, really cool stuff and nice art style
>>
>>18983876
Just in case anyone is having a hard time trying to find one of these.
Its "The God of Crawling Eyes".
>>
File: header.jpg (40KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
40KB, 460x215px
You learn to fear for your life pretty quickly as mutants- and bandits- can literally come from anywhere.

Mod it up a little tho you fix the bad shooting mechanics and be able to repair your shit.
>>
>>18990148
You're a fucking faggot. You didn't like it because it had a gun? The game is mostly melee combat and it's easily one of the best first person melee combat systems ever. Really liked smacking up crack heads in that hotel

Also pretty spoopy
>>
>>18983664
>Ib
oh the memories
>>
>>18999898
Yeah, that's probably one of the easiest to adapt to videogame.
You could even say that it's already sorta been done, with Spooky's House of Jumpscares.
>>
>>19000177
I don't even know how I fucked that up, but yeah, the game's title is actually "The God of Crawling Eyes".

How did Nyarlathotep even slip in there?
>>
>>19000354
Can't blame you, they have very similar names.
Also, a lot of thanks for that rpgmaker list anon. Already saved it for future downloading.
>>
>>19000238
I was like 14/15 what do you expect? I had only played Fatal Frame and Silent Hill 2 at that point as well. It probably was also influenced by playing Fear 2 and hating that for the same reasons if not even more so. Also started with the second condemned so that probably affected it too.
>>
>>18992658
Was the main character in this Asian, because I had a fight with my friend over this, he's obviously Asian.
>>
Monstrum fucks me up
>>
>>19001030
Yeah?

I have to be honest here. Why the FUCK would you play Condemned 2 without playing Condemned: Criminal Origins??[spoiler]you faggot[/spoiler] The 2nd one came out ONLY 2 years after the first.

Gain some fucking maturity and replay the 2 Condemned games anon.
>>
>>19001399
It was $10 at gamestop.
>>
File: 325090_1920x1080x500.jpg (45KB, 541x260px) Image search: [Google]
325090_1920x1080x500.jpg
45KB, 541x260px
>>18978921
That's not the way you use that picture, mon.
>>
File: Alien_Isolation.jpg (18KB, 250x288px) Image search: [Google]
Alien_Isolation.jpg
18KB, 250x288px
Is this game any good? I might buy it. Tell me if its worth it or not?
>>
>>19001679
It's very good. My main issue is that it takes around 20 hours to beat, and by the tenth hour I was already bored or scared by it.

There's only so many times the same enemy can be frightening.

Those initial ten hours though are fantastic.
>>
>>19001694
>*I was already bored and no longer scared by it.
>>
>>19001679
Yes it good.

Someone who worked on this made a sort of text adventure sort of horror game. It's called Stories Untold and I rec it so hard even if not a horror game really it has some of the best atmosphere and some good spooks. For the price it's more than worth it.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/558420/Stories_Untold/
>>
heads up

Alien Isolation Collection for 8 bucks

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/game/alien-isolation-collection
>>
play Power Drill Massacre
>>
>>18988229

My nigga; I always play Metro at night with the lights off; it really adds to the atmosphere.

STALKER is great too.
>>
>>19001679
If you like the Alien series, then yes, it's a good game.
>>
how do you guys play scary games. I just can't
>>
>>19002802

You are a freakin faggot.
>>
>>19002848
I mean the scariest I have played is probably the STALKER series which didnt rely on jumpscares. I guess thats what I meant
>>
I think the only games I played that gave me the feel "I don't want to got there, I don't need to go there *walks in there*" was Unreal and Metro

pretty light, but I find jumpscares to be cheap.
>>
>>19001679
I thought it was pretty good.

>>19001694
I liked the Androids.
Funny things those guys.
First time you see them, you don't really pay them much attention.
But it's funny how when the moment they start hunting you down, they become pretty scary.
>>
>>18995602
I love how the fucking dude barely reacts to having his hand sawed off with a chainsaw and then he just pours peroxide on it like "yeah that'll do"
>>
Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of The Earth
>>
>>18992902
I enjoyed them but the translation could get a bit wonky occasionally. Run on sentences, idioms that don't translate well, and some strange formatting choices.
I would highly recommend the audio-book though. Still not sure if its full cast or the narrator can do 50 different Russian accents.
Keep in mind that the novel isn't any where near as action packed as the game, though it is a hell of a lot more creepy.
>>
File: IMG_1670.gif (860KB, 484x434px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1670.gif
860KB, 484x434px
>Ctrl + f
>no Bloodborne
The fuck is wrong with you guys, that's why everyone thinks /x/ is the most retarded board
>>
>>19003979
Bloodborne has really beautiful monster designs, as well as interesting lore, but it isn't scary.
>>
File: Pathetic People.png (45KB, 252x168px) Image search: [Google]
Pathetic People.png
45KB, 252x168px
>>19003979
>Bloodborne
How much of a pussy are you?
It's got atmosphere, and the monsters look cool and all, but scary? Or even creepy? Please.
>>
File: Lsd_017.jpg (106KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Lsd_017.jpg
106KB, 640x480px
Not scary/horror but the LSD game is pretty unnerving.
>>
File: imscared.jpg (12KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
imscared.jpg
12KB, 460x215px
imscared - A Pixelated Nightmare is also a really neat game by Ivan Zanotti.
Probably one of the most popular games that use the concept of directly fucking with your computer.
>>
>>19004147
not him. I agree that bloodeborne does not give of the spooks and that is the focus of this thread but man, that game was the most fun I have had in a game for a long time. It gave off a very /x/ vibe form me, what with all the lovecraftian shit that was going down
>>
At the barn in Condemned: Criminal Origins and I'm freakin out. People running around this fucking place with fucked up charred faces and pitchforks in the dark.

Help me guys...
>>
>>18982803
good game
>>
>>18982803
>Cry of Fear
too damn hard

I play it on easy and every enemy can pretty much rape me to no health after two encounters
>>
File: bootrap.gif (727KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
bootrap.gif
727KB, 240x160px
>>19003979
>Ctrl + f
>no Super Mario Bros. 3
The fuck is wrong with you guys, that's why everyone thinks /x/ is the most retarded board
>>
>>18995889
Post pics?
>>
Playing killing floor 1 solo, no music on is pretty creepy.
>>
>>19001268
He's like Asian white
>>
>>19005882
Send me a pic of the level anon. I want to see what is spooking you ;)
>>
File: 1470488999532.jpg (2MB, 2000x2585px) Image search: [Google]
1470488999532.jpg
2MB, 2000x2585px
Thief Gold is top tier /spook/
>update and patch
>use openal soft
>hrtf and eax
>headphones on and lights off
>The Sword and Haunted Cathedral
>>
>>18978794
I still remember playing Manhunt as a teenager in my room with the lights off.

Pigsy legit scared the shit outta me.
>>
>>18978943
Sitting in your dirt hut at night when it's pouring rain looking out at night at the spiders and skeletons and realising you're the only human on this earth isn't spooky?
>>
File: 01_Command-center.jpg (175KB, 764x1080px) Image search: [Google]
01_Command-center.jpg
175KB, 764x1080px
>>18996703
I'm so hyped for this game. I've had a nightmare when I was younger that looked EXACTLY like this and it freaked the fuck out of me when I first saw the first trailer.
>>
Playing Minecraft in the dark is extremely unsettling.

I'm really not too sure why.
>>
>>18979123
>SH 2-4 for uneasiness
I think you are the first guy i see that includes 4 but not 1.
Not trying to be rude, but i'm actually curious, was it the graphic?
>>
>>18982246
I loved it desu
>>
>>18991525
Please explain why system shock is next level
>>
>>18989512
>no-end house
>ted the caver
>11 miles
>Russian sleep experiment

And maybe a few more. These would of course all be on one game as a little collection and maybe new ones could be released as dlc
>>
>>19006763
>>18989512
The Holders could work. Honestly surprised nobody's already tried this in order to ape off of the success of the SCP games.
>>
>>18996703
>>18996794
It almost looks like if Clive Barker and H.R. Giger collaborated.
>>
>>18978794
Silent Hill 2

>>18988229
>>19002183
>>18992024
you must be seriously bitch ass niggas if you find these games scary.
>>
File: image.jpg (114KB, 600x601px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
114KB, 600x601px
ok so it's not the scariest game but it is fun to play at night i just got this one out of storage
>>
>>18996703
I dunno about this being surrounded by in your face disgusting stuff and gore is less subtle and horror
>>
>>18989830
>>18995940
>>18997389
Been playing the beta all day. I love the new changes, really adds a flavour to each weapon. Also, looking forward to actually having more people to group with.

Might even start an /x/ cabal
>>
>>18982962
Got stuck at level 2 or 3 fucking hated it and wanted to love it so bad!
>>
>>18980044
pointing out that today is the last day to buy alan wake digitally
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (149KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
149KB, 1920x1080px
>>18982962
beat the whole damn thing on a friends xbox.
then I beat a less censored 2 on psp.

loved it. made me open my eyes on CQC
>>
>>19008784
I would love to play the beta more but I don't wanna burn myself out so early. Just gonna patiently wait for the full release.
>>
>>19000234
this.
the thing about this game is that keeps you in it. it's like you were there, it's as close as getting in a VR environment as you can get.
you can explore pretty much any part of the world, go anywhere and engage in any of the several side missions.
fuck, I still remember having to go down to those creepy ass labs Xs and thinking to myself "no fucking way I'll get down there".
if you fags like a good sci fi read , have a look at the book that inspired the game, it's called "Roadside Picnic".
it's easily one of the top 5 sci fi tales of all time.
>>
File: The-Secret-World-PC-860x280.jpg (95KB, 860x280px) Image search: [Google]
The-Secret-World-PC-860x280.jpg
95KB, 860x280px
>>18978794
It's not that spooky but Secret World is goat.
There is a mission when you're urged to investigate a parking in New York where a meeting between two secret organisations is supposed to be. But when you arrive, most of the workers are dead, and the lights are out. Then all hell breaks loose.

Never would have thought i'd get that kind of atmospjhere on a mmo.
>>
>>18980044
Alan Wake will be retired from any online store soon for music rights reasons. He's at -90% till the end of the week i think.
>>
File: 1494347215699.gif (950KB, 300x330px) Image search: [Google]
1494347215699.gif
950KB, 300x330px
>>19001679
BEFORE YOU BUY
>I would recommend the "unpredictable alien" mod, the alien's leashed to you which *normally* isn't that bad, but one particular level early in the game is designed in such a way that it's constantly on you 24/7
>Imo that level ruined the alien for me mostly because you get used to being killed by it
>It's a long game, so don't try to rush it, just enjoy the atmosphere
>>
>>19006175
All of the enemies in the Thief series are really geared towards horror (I mean, besides regular people)

>zombies
>rat men with swords
>giant crab men
>the Trickster
>ghost hammerites
(The really fast ones that were skeletal and would laugh demonically)
>treants
>killer steampunk robots
>spiders
>mages/pagans
>>
File: 1494412167266.jpg (236KB, 691x625px) Image search: [Google]
1494412167266.jpg
236KB, 691x625px
>>18978921
>Go to youtube to look up animatronic videos
>99% of them is fnaf shit
>The ones that aren't are filled with comments about it
Fucking kill yourself.
>>
>>19010393

That sounds like a great mod. Honestly you just ran into the alien way too damn much - it took it from being a shock to being boring and frustrating. I would have loved the game way more if I had a sudden and tense encounter with the alien like every 15 minutes, rather than every 3 minutes.
>>
>>18979430
Oh shit those mannequins
>>
>>19011573
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsmiwZvcJd8
Fuck FNAF, real life is far creepier then some shitty indie game.
>>
>>18996703
So hyped for this game, been waiting for something like this for a long time. I do find it more disturbing rather than scary or part of the horror genre. It's like a really fucked up dream that isn't quite a nightmare.
>>
>>18979060
>Hey, remember screamers? Let's make an App!
>>
>>19006754
System Shock 2 has some pretty fucking tense moments. Playing it through, blind and completely new, is a next level experience. Having to deal with the inventory, finding your way through puzzles and dealing with those freaky enemies was terrifying back in the day.

The issue is that its one of those games where newer generations only got to experience through lets plays, word of mouth and hype, so to them its just any other game that they know everything about before playing it.

>>18991525
>Outlast
>Anything but yellow tier.

Fuck off.
>>
>>19010373
Being re-released June 26th. Should be good.
>>
>>18982961
>>18983042
>>18987494
>>18989628
>>19001030
Fatal Frame is the tits and if you haven't played it everyone in this thread needs to crank up the old ps1 and get on that shit
>>
>>19013338
Love the way it tells stories via different ghost lore.

Which one's your favorite?
>>
>>19013338

Fatal Frame is on the PS2 my nigga
>>
>>19013364
Oh shit you're right! Got a wire crossed thinking about silent hill too. Definitely on ps2
>>19013340
The original. I can remember being in middle school sleeping over at a friend's house and staying up all night playing it. Scared the absolute shit out of us
>>
>>18978794

There was a trilogy of flash games called Exmortis, and they were full of jump scares and puzzles. 2 I'd say would be the most horrific.
>>
>>19013377
The original is really good but I think the plot/characters fall a little flat compared to the others. The final boss was really great though. I should replay it sometime but buying the original or even the first 3 is expensive and my computer can't run the emulation.

>>19013392
This reminds me of the flash game Deeper Sleep. There's 3 maybe 20 minute point and click games but they have such a good atmosphere and some real spooks. It's about lucid dreaming and the idea is creepy all on its own. High rec.
>>
>>19013399
Deeper Sleep should be the second in the series, preceded by Deep Sleep and followed by Deepest Sleep.
Absolutely recommended, it's really good for being a point and click flash game.
>>
>>19013399

Do they have jump scares?

I literally hate jump scares. There are way better ways to scare people
>>
>>19013392
>tfw never played 3 because of that stupid pay to play site

fuck sake, it was one of my favorite games as a teenager
>>
File: A1P5jLfN-+L.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
A1P5jLfN-+L.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>18978794
Layers of Fear is one of my all-time favorite games - the entire game is suspense since the jumpspooks are always completely random
>>
>>19013522
Fatal Frame? No dude it relies much more on environmental and psychological scares.
>>
>>19013522
Some but not it's not so much jumpscares as just seeing something spooky. If you mean deep sleep.

Fatal Frame has one or two jumpscares every game maybe. I know there's one in 3 but it's just a side ghost you take a picture of.
>>
File: 1492133381990.jpg (428KB, 1280x1837px) Image search: [Google]
1492133381990.jpg
428KB, 1280x1837px
>>19011455
>treants
I fucking shat myself when I found those on my second playthrough of Thief 2
>>
Mythhunting in San Andreas was some creepy ass experience back in the day. Especially when the woods area barely has NPC's.
>>
>>18978943
When it first came out, we booted it up with my buddies without knowing anything about the game. Creepers scared the shit out of me on multiple occasions.
>>
>>18989090
It only gets scarier.
>>
>>18990148
You do realize the first game barely has any guns right? They give you one at the beginning to make you feel that much more helpless when it's taken from you literally HALFWAY THROUGH THE FIRST LEVEL.
>>
>>18990499
Why would you not use an axe with superhuman strength?
>Every strike removes limbs or instantly kills.
>>
>>18990967
Yes, they focused on improving mostly the wrong stuff in the second game. It was a letdown.
>>
>>18991525
For the third time, Condemned is not an FPS game, it's FPM done really well, so we'll that even the combat makes you uncomfortable, because you can see teeth flying out when you whack a guy in the face with a lead pipe.
>>
Rule of Rose is a very sad, creepy and depressing game, truly a rough gem.
>>
>>19014632
Of RE? Or Condemned?
>>
>>19000354
i agree with the other anon thanks for the list also I can see how you got The God of Crawling Chaos from that other rpg.
>>
File: Screenshot_974.png (76KB, 366x227px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_974.png
76KB, 366x227px
>>19010381
I actually picked it up recently because of this
>>
>>18988229
>>18988829
I really tried to find these scary but I just couldn't
Still great games though
>>
Small sort of spoiler

That part in soma where you have to leave your body behind, and either kill it or leave it to wake up alone in that place really got to me
Just a really creepy thing to think about
>>
reisent evil 6 was the pinnacle of horror. I dare you to play with the lights off.
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 58

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.