[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Undisputable Mandela Effects

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 212
Thread images: 28

Anyone have an undisputable example of the Mandela Effect that can't be chalked up to bad/mixed up memory, mental illusion, or suggestion? I'll admit, some of the stuff I've seen is pretty trippy but it's mostly to do with stuff that can be attributed to the above or stuff I never took a close look at to begin with. I'm looking for something concrete, like McDonalds turning into McDaniels or something like that.
>>
Unsure but did people always say Mitch match in place of mismatched
>>
>>18978735
Not only do I have no memory of that but it doesn't even make any sense. Who the fuck is Mitch?
>>
>>18978731
there will be nothing indisputable regarding the mandingo effect. its very nature is subjective. thats why it will never go away. literally anything can be an example, all you have to do is say you remember it differently. thats why this mandarin effect is stupid. it is normie tier paranormal. and completely unfalsifiable. dumb af

>>18978735
perhaps in a family of mongoloids
>>
Took me a while to figure out what you were talking about. Then I realized you were talking about the Luther effect.

Its just people not paying attention.
>>
>>18978731
>oh look it's another spammy thread about the Mendoza Effect
My god you people are dumb.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (35KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
35KB, 480x360px
just searched google
it's real
>>
>>18978731
Used to be Tidy Cat: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4FzBdmMBgM

Now it's Tidy Cats: www. purina.com/ products/tidy-cats

But no name change on record
>>
>>18978731
Arctica
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arctica
>Arctica or Arctida[1] was an ancient continent which formed approximately 2.565 billion years ago in the Neoarchean era.

I thought it existed and always mention it as 8th continent jokingly back on elem school.

posters who mock ME like >>18978750 >>18978735 are probably NPCs / govt shills.

Keep an eye on flip flops and pay no attention to paid shills. Houston we have a problem flipped to 'we've had' then back to 'we have'. I don't know if it flipped to the wrong one again.

This too:

http://www.ashtarcommandcrew.net/forum/topics/earth-moved-from-outer-arm-of-sagittarius-to-a-more-central-part
http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message3186070/pg1?disclaimer=1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-0mLH6rx78
sagittarius arm (ME) -> orion spur (current)
>>
>>18978786
>anyone who objects to my assertions isn't an actual human or else is a paid agent of the government

Wow, I guess that means you're never wrong then?
>>
>>18978786
You do realized that is literally because we know more than we did?
>>
>>18978731
>McDonalds turning into McDaniels

mandela was dead oh wait im so dumb and uneducated i actually tought so, so sorry pal your genes aren't the best contribution to the pool
>>
>>18978762
that's not a thing and you are paid disinformation
>>
File: eWu4fVIk4.jpg (36KB, 301x400px) Image search: [Google]
eWu4fVIk4.jpg
36KB, 301x400px
Maybe not Mandela Effect, but I get multiple Deja Vu at times.

Like a normal deja vu,but I feel I've seen it several times before
>>
>>18978796
Do you think your use (abuse) of the word "literally" added even an iota of meaning to that sentence?
>>
>>18978735
You people are inordinately stupid
>>
Kanye West had a song called "All Falls Down" on his debut album "The College Dropout". Alicia Keys featured on the song.
My friend and I in high school would always blast this album in his car. I know for a fact Alicia Keys sang on that song.
i checked out the song recently, and apparently it isn't Alicia Keys, but SYLEENA JOHNSON (another R&B singer like Alicia)
I fucking remember it being Alicia, so does my friend. This is fucking me up right now.
>>
>>18978991
I always have deja vu, but since I became a neet, I dont have them often
>>
>>18979003
You both assumed it was Alicia Keys and never bothered to check, just went with what you thought and told yourselves that so much you accepted it as truth. It was never true, you and your friend are justy lazy.

You are not in an alternate reality.
>>
Around 5 years ago I recall hearing Nicki Minaj's song called "hey mama" and all the radio stations would be blasting it but apparently that song wasn't released 5 years ago so wtf
>>
>>18980544
>Around 5 years ago
>Around

Another mystery solved
>>
>>18978731
Speaking of dbz. A few years ago the Bruce Falconer dbz songs Gohan Angers, and Mystic Gohan were two entirly separate songs but to my knowledge they have been changed to the the same song with different titles.
>>
>>18978776
lol what "name change record" did you check? a company doesn't need to record the change of a plural noun to its singular form, dipshit
>>
>>18978996
Do you think your use (abuse) of the word "iota" added even a point to your IQ?
>>
>>18980629
>but to my knowledge they have been changed
>to my knowledge

i'm seeing a pattern here...
>>
>>18978786
>Arctic used to be the 8th continent

THIS! Wtf i swear i remember that aswell?!
>>
>>18978731
I'm from a timeline where Cell has a gigantic penis for one of his arms
>>
>>18979003
Probably confusing it with Jay's song he has w her. IN NEW YOR
>>
>>18978731
Dude........It IS McDaniels
>>
>>18980879
No it's never been you idiot. The 'Arctic' is literally ice (therefore NOT land) around Greenland and Greenland itself (which is an island, not a continent). While Arctic exists as a geographical term, it never could have been a continent. You assumed that Arctic has to be a continent analogically to ANtarcticA in South.

As a side note, there is a region analogical to Arctic, called Antarctic - in the South of course.

>>18978786
>posters who mock ME [...] are probably NPCs / govt shills

You never ever had an idea that these might be people laughing at your ridiculous claims, right?
>>
OG SS Goku had orange swept-forward hair.

I am not the only person who remembers this.
>>
I am 99.9999% sure she always said 2008, not 3008. Shit doesn't even sound the same, like you can clearly hear her say 3008, no way you could have mistaken it for her saying 2008.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zLbqUhUkA8
>>
>>18978731

Id you have it....look at a world map.

World map changes will convince anyone who has the alternate memories. You can go back in the past as far as you like and never find the one you remember.

You can also never convince anyone who does not have the alternate memories that you really remember it differently....despite consensus on where things used to be among experiencers.

I didn't tell you what had changed so you are not dealing with being frontloaded. Just look at the map.
>>
>>18981009
I also remember the nort pole having some kind of landmass, and I'm not a geographical ignorant.

I knoe that greenland looks bigger than it is because og the projection of the map, but I do remember that the map of the poles had some landmass in the north pole as well as the south pole.

All this probable memory confusion and such, but the memory it's there.
>>
>>18978786

I used to think flipflops were bullshit but I remember the bud lite fiasco.

I used to drink bud light all the time as a teenager and I KNEW that was wrong.

Went to the store to check, lo and behold....bud lite.

It was a mediun level well known mandela effect at the time. Last week I noticed it flipped back to bud light.

A few other people noticed it to after I looked it up.

I'm 100% sold on flipflops now
>>
Normal people:
>Live life with a completely inane misconception
>Become confronted with facts that contradict that misconception
>"Oh guess I was wrong"

/x/:
>Live life with a completely inane misconception
>Become confronted with facts that contradict that misconception
>"HOLY SHIT THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE MUST BE WRONG"
>>
>>18981278

You seem to think ridicule is somehow going to stop people discussing the dact they have alternate memories...

It's not as if people are unaware of the arguments against it.....they just don't hold up.

What drives people to continously seek out and try to shout down people who are discussing things you find ridiculous?

I certainly don't spend time hunting down muslims trying to talk them out of their 72 virgins nonsense.

What is your motivation for such things? I don't mind that you do it, I just don't understand why you would bother.
>>
File: Crono2.jpg (537KB, 782x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Crono2.jpg
537KB, 782x1200px
>>18981219
Crono from Chrono Trigger. The game's art and character design was done by the artist who did DBZ
>>
>>18981315
I'm not him but it's like, when I see a person doing something stupid, I care too much to just let them go be stupid.
>>
>>18981335
Wrong. I'm not confusing it with that.
>>
>>18981240
This is just because you heard two thousand last and assumed that what came before it began with two thousand aswell.

And the fact that you are a tripfag on /x/ probably indicates that you don't really listen to the black eyed peas that much aside from casually hearing them on the radio so you never paid attention to it enough to correct your faulty memory.
>>
>>18981240
This one always fucks me up. This was the way me and everyone I knew sung it if they did. It like came out in 2008(or around then) so that's why the line makes sense!
>>
>>18978776
this one floored me recently, but i found out the company name DID actually change sometime after like 1995 when the company was acquired by nestle purina - according to a 2004 brown university case study.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&ved=0ahUKEwjvlpybjd_TAhUS0IMKHbnhDT8QFgg7MAQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.brown.edu%2FDepartments%2FEngineering%2FCourses%2FEn9%2Fspring%2FPurina%2520Case--Final2.doc&usg=AFQjCNEtfbDxxL40OW3d4VEg836Xec_ovQ&sig2=lKCfAQYAAwxD1p-hRh9zWg&cad=rja
>>
>>18981277
wtf I thought it was bud lite D:
>>
>>18981379

That sounds like a reasonable way to view it.

People that experience it though are not unaware of that thought process though. In fact you try your very best to explain it away because it is disturbing.

If you don't have crystal clear alternate memories you would not br able to understand.

Those explanations simply aren't adequate.

Everyone has confabulated or misremembered before. This is an entirely different level of experience.

I don't expect you to be able to relate but knowing we have already considered all counter arguments and knowing how ridiculous it sounds to non experiencers and still hold firm aught to tell you there is nothing you can say to convert people to your perspective.

We have spent more time mulling those arguments over than you have.

Witnessing a retroactive change of a "fact" is a very uncomfortable mind fuck
>>
>>18981219
Sounds like you're thinking of the old Toei version where the saiyans also have red eyes
>>
>>18981548
>red eyes
Okay, now we may be getting somewhere. I also remember OG SS Goku having red eyes. One of his eyes was almost always obscured by his hair. Do you remember that? The change must have happened at some time between 1998 and 2001.
>>
>>18979300
this is so arrogant and stupid. you're a little faggot #littlefaggot
>>
>>18980624
3 isn't 5 fucking shill
>>
File: image.jpg (60KB, 460x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60KB, 460x800px
>>18978731
That is all the Mandela effect is
>>
>>18981571
Dragon Ball is an interesting case because the original colors are changed between the original and the dub, and are updated over time. There were also multiple lead animators so the characters have a different style episode to episode. There are episodes where super saiyans have white hair, episodes where Vegeta is a brunet with green armor, orange haired Goku and Trunks, and so on.

The hard part is actually proving it because the episodes predate the popular DVD era and weren't widely distributed.
>>
>>18980668
He's got you there. People like you who use literally like the word 'like' are annoying
>>
>>18981654
>multiple lead animators so the characters have a different style episode to episode. There are episodes where super saiyans have white hair,
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/animation-styles/
>Vegeta is a brunet with green armor
I remember that's how he was colored before he and Nappa landed on Earth.
>orange haired Goku and Trunks
I remember I had a yoyo with the OG SS Goku that I described but also with SS Trunks as we see him now. Both on the same yoyo.
>The hard part is actually proving it because the episodes predate the popular DVD era and weren't widely distributed.
One of my memories is from 1998, the Japanese version which aired on the International Channel during the Fuji Fun Time block in the US. It was the episode in which Goku gave Freiza some of his energy and Frieza used it against Goku.
>>
OP here. So far, I've seen nothing convincing in this entire thread. There has to be something we can all agree on and KNOW isn't right...like if Moot was actually a girl this whole time.
>>
File: f68fdb03035fbe2781406fa79ef44891.jpg (794KB, 1280x1826px) Image search: [Google]
f68fdb03035fbe2781406fa79ef44891.jpg
794KB, 1280x1826px
>>18981776
Early merchandise frequently uses the wrong color. Often the reason is just a lack of decent source material, or that the merchandise is unlicensed. I probably have a few DBZ and Sailor Moon pencils that have wrong colors in a box somewhere.

For what it's worth, here's a poster with orange haired, light-eyed Goku from the Frieza saga.
>>
>>18981863
Nope, not even close to what I remember. The hair was much more orange and the hairstyle was so different that you could identify the character as a silhouette.

Funny how people are having trouble distinguishing between Super Saiyan 1 and 2 forms.
>>
>>18981908
>Funny how people are having trouble distinguishing between Super Saiyan 1 and 2 forms.
I didn't mention the form at all, only that it's Goku and that his hair is orange in some cases.
>>
>>18981945
I didn't mean you. The point I was getting at is all the forms of Goku look so different except Super Saiyan 1 and 2. youtube.com/watch?v=bH_CcJ-uBWI
>>
File: 666hands01.png (1MB, 1652x929px) Image search: [Google]
666hands01.png
1MB, 1652x929px
>>18981251
holy shit this could be rea,labout the beds
>>
>>18981240
She has always said 3008. I remember actually discussing this lyric when the song came out. He said, "That's so dumb, she instantly dated the song by dropping the year." And I said, "No she didn't, if you listen she actually says 3008, it won't be dated for a long ass time." This was while the song popular I know its always been 3008.
>>
>>18980879
I said "jokingly."
Arctica no longer exist. It was a mass of ice contrary to a mass of land so it wasn't officially a continent.
The ice mass at North Pole (Arctica) existed years ago (if you look it up) but I cannot find any map let alone a globe. I can't comprehend why all the global warming guys never said anything about it when it melted. There were rumors published on science mags back in my timeline that it would raise sea level by lots of meters once the polar ice cap (north) melts. I live in an archipelago below sea level so it would be a huge problem but another scientist disputed those claims because the volume of ice would decrease once melted (volume of water increase when frozen) plus the concentration of the salt would only reduce it again.
>>
>>18978786
>posters who mock ME like >>18978750 >>18978735 are probably NPCs / govt shills.

So you leave absolutely no room whatsoever in your life for any of your beliefs to be wrong and you refuse to listen to people who disagree because the only way they could possibly disagree with you is if they were paid by a shadow government to do so.

Just summing that up for anyone thinking of engaging this person.
>>
>>18982383
addition to my post:
Arctica's (North Pole icy mass) parts were named with ancient-like names that's hard english transliteration of greek mythology names. There's only one map at wikipedia that shows the polar ice cap but there's no names of places (projection only).
>>18982035
>chrome
>failed blocked
Tip: you have to drag the images you want to save into another tab to bypass the block
>>
>>18981277

You're just remembering Miller Lite.

Why is it that you think all of the other flip flops are bullshit but suddenly you cannot fathom a world where you're mixing how one low quality American beer company out of 3 spelled it Lite while the other two spelled it Light?
>>
>>18982416
They have their rights to disagree but there is really no need to mock ME like it is a stupid made up shit even calling it mango effect like the phenomena is just a /b/ joke. It's hard for us "Old Earthers" to have any decent conversation because of shills.
>>
>>18981315

Also not that guy, but coming to /x/ to argue vehemently against things is really no different than coming to /x/ and refusing to hear any opinions except ones which line up with what you already believe.

/x/ leaves very little room ofr actual discussion and you know it. Trying to engage a person who disagrees with you on /x/ is totally pointless, and so you get people saying "that's a retarded belief" and the other half going "you're retarded for not believing it."

You act holier than thou about it but judging by the way you immediately jump to "they just don't hold up," I'm going to bet you're guilty of it too.
>>
>>18982449
I do agree that most of the ME stuff are restricted to anything related to America. I'm Asian btw yet I still experience few ME.
>>
>>18982449

Then without mocking it, the core problem with the Mandela Effect is that there is absolutely not falsifiable. It is based entirely off conjecture - there is no way to prove it happened or did not. Some people will always say "Yeah I remember that!" and others will always say "I specifically do not remember that."

So it's just an exercise at that point. With no way to prove one way or the other, what is even worth considering about it?

What if we are all living inside of a gigantic stellar whale whose stomach is so large it is beyond the limits of scientific observation? There's no way to prove that is or is not the case, regardless of whether other people start agreeing or not.
>>
>>18982383
the arctic ocean is still partly covered by sea ice year round. the ice cap has shrank, even still, it is almost all ice during winter
>>
File: 20170423_170625.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170423_170625.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>18978764
kek
>>
>>18978750
>Mandingo effect
that's bretty good. good spoopin stuff.
>>
>>18978786
you're autistic or schizo. seek help
>>
>>18979300
no!! the only rational explanation is alternate reality!!!
>>
>>18982841
90% of posts on here are people saying "ur schizo lol"
why do you come to this board then? purely to tell people that they're mentally ill? that's kind of sad, rethink your life
>>
>>18980658
Work on your reading comprehension. Don't have the gall to call someone else a dipshit when you can't even read properly, and add arbitrary quotes to your own words, dipshit.
>>
>>18982881

To get a good idea of what's going on the people's heads who are interested in any one of these topics "discussed" here. When I encounter your types in daily life I have a MUCH better understanding of your liens of thought, regardless how schizo you are or how religious.

Half out of curiosity and half out of always finding more ways to influence people around me. Can do that better when you get how a certain type thinks.
>>
I moved to a new school in between first and second grade, from Germany to America. In the new school the class read a berinestain bears book. I distinctly noticed that they were mispronouncing the name. I looked around the room at everyone. No one else seemed bothered so I simply said to myself 'so that's how they pronounce it here.'
>>
>>18982881
usually I don't say anything and I go along with it because a lot of this stuff does make sense. this dude is not really making any sense, everything, literally everything we sat, is written of as a shill.
>>
File: Bobandsden Flag.png (47KB, 500x325px) Image search: [Google]
Bobandsden Flag.png
47KB, 500x325px
>>18978735
Frig off Ricky
>>
Test
>>
>>18978789
>>18981009

>The. shi1l. is. immunized. against al.l dangers: one. may. call him a faggot, troll, newfag, or a retard and it all runs off him like water off a raincoat. But call him a shill and you will be astonished at how he recoils in anger, how injured he is, how he suddenly shrinks back:

>“I’ve been found out.”
>>
>>18983233

Interesting. Apparently certain words in that quote used together get an automatic "connection error" whereas you can post other words and no problem. If you go back and try to post the quote you still get a connection error but if you break some words up with periods and numbers it'll post
>>
>>18978731
No i don't. Something touchy personally is the pikachu tail and the Ford logo. That piggy tail in the f is fucking ridiculous.

The only thing that i am sure about this mandela effect is that people in this plane have horrible taste, like seriously.
>>
>>18983223
kek
>>
>>18981584
>#littlefaggot
Gtfo of here
>>
Is it me or is the manleda affect makes people stupid?
>>
Why are all mandela effect examples all about shitty pop culture?
>>
>>18978750
TOP KEK
>>
>>18978750
>mandigo effect
You left your predictive text on you little cuck fag beta bitch
>>
Moon is different stars are gone sun is white when it used to be yellow. There are no longer planes in skies and not many birds either. Not pop culture things
>>
>>18983238
I had the same problem. It finally worked when I removed the leading ">>postnumber", without changing anything else. If there is a filter script running, it's an example of artificial stupidity.
>>
>>18983506
That's because you've been stuck in your room for weeks senpai. Your "sun" is a lightbulb.

Go outside, there's planes and birds and stars and the sun and the moon too
>>
>>18978883
Stop LARPing.

Ive never heard it been called mandella effect before, but on reddit and YouTube it's the Luther effect (after martin Luther king).
>>
hoyl fuck..... i am absolutely FLOORED. how is this POSSIBLE. THE UNIVERSE. IS UNRAVELLING.
>>
Many retarded people i know say krogers instead of kroger. In 10-20 years these same retards will claim mandela.
>>
>>18983563
http://www.visitberlin.de/en/event/11-05-2017/the-luther-effect-protestantism-500-years-in-the-world

This is the Luther effect.
>>
>>18983563
Yeah, in my universe it's the same - and that guy Morgan Freeman... he weren't even black!
>>
File: feels_benis_man.jpg (237KB, 2106x2048px) Image search: [Google]
feels_benis_man.jpg
237KB, 2106x2048px
"How the Mandela Effect works and why it can NEVER be proven"

Most of the time people remember things with their PHYSICAL brain. It is nothing more than a soul / physical interface and a meat computer. Your soul is basically asleep most of the time, so your brain runs on "autopilot" most of the time as well. Your life is a lot like those idle games, with your soul really only "waking up" occasionally to make important decisions.

Certain things wake up your soul like moral dilemmas or things that touch you spiritually. When your soul is awake, even for just a moment, I creates a SOUL MEMORY.
>Now here's the important part:
When someone goes backward in time and alters something ALL PHYSICAL THINGS, including your brain, are altered to reflect the new timeline. But spiritual things are UNAFFECTED. The Mandela Effect is nothing more than people having spiritual glimpses of original timelines through spiritual memory. The ONLY reason why it seems to prevalent today is that millions of people are creating PHYSICAL records online of their SPIRITUAL memories and are noticing that not all of us are remembering the same stuff the same way.

So far, the "time line manipulators" have been pretty good about keeping the inconsistent memories to insignificant things. I also have no idea who they are and what they are changing.
>>
>>18981468
I find it interesting that people use the same phrases all the time. "This floored me" or "this is a big ME for me".

Its like programmed responses a la " its a magical place" or "doesn't look like anything to me". If there is some funky going on its probably those affected being mind controlled or subject to.mk ultra like stuff
>>
ITT: 90% spam bot shitposting.
There is something at ME phenomen that 'someone' wants to make people talking about it - idiots.
>>
>>18982428
TY this was frustrating me last night
>>
>>18978731

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IqUPkkNiXE

I watched i love Lucy as a child all the time because I was raised by my grandma. This was highlighted in the commercials and shit all the time I have no way of splanin' this one on the real.
>>
>>18981240
Wtf. This is the only thing in this thread that didn't have me rolling my eyes. What the fuck? It's possible they changed it after because they realized it would date the song Lmost immediately? Like some musicians have radio vs cd version to cut out cursing or how Miley changed the lyric "and the Jay z song was on" to "the Brittany song was on" after she publicly said she doesn't even know who Jay z is?
>>
>>18983920
It's always been 3008 and the Miley's song contained both the Jay Z and Britney lyric in it to begin with.I had to listen to way too so much mind numbing music on the bus in high school I have all these songs memorized. I specifically remember discussing the 3008 lyric with my friend back when the song came out.
>>
What about Pete Townsend being Pets Townshend?? I know the 'H' was not in his last name
>>
>>18984071
What about Albert Shitstain being changed to Albert Einstein?
>>
>>18981240
>trying to trick me into listening to the black eyed peas

nice try fagit, not a chance
>>
File: holidayplanner.jpg (417KB, 1061x2005px) Image search: [Google]
holidayplanner.jpg
417KB, 1061x2005px
I can only relate to a very dumb thing that happened to me as a kid.
You see pic related? I watched that VHS to death. For me Mickey's shirt was yellow, then one day when I checked it it had simply change to red and I was genuinely scared. It's a memory that stuck with me for years and it came back recently after I learned of the Mandela effect.
>>
>>18981240

It was always 3008. I remember when it first came out a friend of mine was talking about how it was weird to say 3008, and I remember listening and saying it was "just them being zany! :^) "

I remember this because I thought the song was retarded and I was looking for reasons to criticize the lyrical content of Black Eyed Peas songs with a friend that was driving me crazy, and jumping on their tendency to use nonsensical lyrics was easy bait.
>>
Remembering something wrong doesn't equate to alternate realities. There is no undeniable proof because there was never a substantial claim to begin with.
>>
>>18978731
You being a stupid mother fucker who can't remember shit right don't mean shit homie. Get schooled
>>
>>18978731
Wtf is this island on the globe in Dazed and Confused? Haven't heard good explanation
>>
>>18984214
...a mistake? A shoop? What the fuck else?
>>
File: 1485705593882.jpg (173KB, 1280x850px) Image search: [Google]
1485705593882.jpg
173KB, 1280x850px
>>18984218
They accidently put an island on a globe?
It's a screenshot from a movie. There is no dispute whether it actually appears in the movie.
>>
>Worrying about the Mandela effect when the Mandingo effect is destroying your daughters precious Aryan wombs.
>>
>>18984240
Maybe they put it there just to fuck with gullible suckers like you.
>>
>>18984214
a bit of the paint or plastic or whatever it is that covers the globe peeled off and no one gave enough of a shit to get a new one. Notice how it's not even the same color as the other landmasses on the globe.
>>
>>18978735
Stop being and idiot
>>18978746
Do you understand how the English language works? Idiot
>>18983627
It helps not to surround yourself with idiots
>>18978786
How could it be "we've had" when they were currently experiencing it at moment. Idiot.
I can't handle this thread. I fear reading further would lower my IQ
>>
>>18984214
the logo of the manufactur
>>
>>18978731
>Anyone have an undisputable example of the Mandela Effect that can't be chalked up to bad/mixed up memory, mental illusion, or suggestion?
there's no such thing

The very nature of the Mandela effect makes this impossible
>>
>>18984214
Maybe the globe is misprinted?

Does that make more sense that the universe changing?
>>
File: MANDELLA EFFECT.png (579KB, 620x907px) Image search: [Google]
MANDELLA EFFECT.png
579KB, 620x907px
>>18978731
>>
File: yugio friends.jpg (17KB, 379x281px) Image search: [Google]
yugio friends.jpg
17KB, 379x281px
>>18978731
In Yugioh, I remember when they drew the japanese symbol for friendship on their hands to help them beat the evil Pegasus

However, next time I watched it the symbol turned into a fucking Smiley Face. This was the original Japanese sub, so you can't chalk it up to 4Kids bullshit
>>
>>18984912
Bullshit. It's always been a happy face. There's even a Yugioh Abridged episode making fun of it. Next you'll tell me there were 55 stars on the U.S. flag.
>>
>>18981263
>and I'm not a geographical ignorant.
See, you say that

But I kind of suspect that you are
>>
>>18984926
>Bullshit. It's always been a happy face.

yeah, in your universe

do you not understand how the Mandela effect works?
>>
I just have to assume this is an elaborate trolling group, people can't be THIS stupid.
>>
>>18984912
>In Yugioh, I remember when they drew the japanese symbol for friendship on their hands to help them beat the evil Pegasus
they didn't draw it for the pegasus duel you shiteater, they drew it for the fight against kaiba in the first fucking episode
>>
>>18984972
This. Also 'friendship' in Japanese is written using two kanji, not just one. And the smiley face drawn in the manga has smaller eyes than the anime version.
>>
>>18984942
3subtle 5me lad
>>
>>18978731
Scene from the 80's movie Explorers where the kid was in class daydreaming about the tiltawhirl. he saw it in the corner of the classroom. DVD, scene's gone... childhood ruined
>>
>>18982434

The reason I thought previous claims of flip flopping were trolls is I was following many of those effects before the claims surfaced and afterwards. Never observed it personally.

Much for the same reasons non experiencers in general won't (and shouldn't from a logical standpoint) believe experiencers od the effect itself.

I never was a miller lite guy. I drank bud light all the time as a teenager.....saw a claim it changed to bud lite....went to the store and checked. It was bud lite. Checked for brand changes via google images and such....it always had been bud lite. 100% mandela effect.

Looked again recently, back to bud light.

There is no possibility this was me confusing it for miller lite or another lite. It was always a bud specific phenomenon

I do not expect any non observers of the effect to believe me. Unless you are exposed, your mind and worldview will not allow you to consider it a real possibility.

For good logical reasons. The logic you just tried to use to explain my observation away in particular however....is faulty.
>>
>>18985096
t. Schizo
>>
>>18983481

They aren't. Historical changes (alternate ww2 and vietnam war history).

The jfk assasination is COMPLETELY different for some people. Watch the footage to see if you have it.

Geographical changes, big ones. Human anatomy, religion (alternate bible verses).

It is by no means limited to pop culture. That is a very weak argument to be making against it.
>>
>>18985137
Lel
>>
The last reality I remember before I merged with this one(my theory is that you die in one reality and your consciousness shifts to the closest viable replacement, which is why so many remember similar mandala effects) was the fake news reality. Those assholes spent all of the 00's bickering over fake news and finally burned themselves out. You can imagine my disgust when my former reality was destroyed and I came here in 2015 only to find the same phenomenon was present here as well
>>
>>18982461

They don't hold up from an experiencers perspective. That is a fact.

I see tons of good exchanges on /x/ myself.

I know there is nothing I could say to persuade a non experiencer. I don't aegue with their experience....I was simply asking about people who do try to talk people out of it.

They seem convinced the other party was hust to stupid to consider the "obvious" explanation. My only point is, everyone already considered that and continuing to argue it serves no functional purpose that I can see.
>>
>>18985096
So what do you think is the best way for those of us who haven't experienced this flip flopping to react to claims of ME? Like I'm an open minded guy, but a lot of the claims in this thread sound like total nonsense.

Like the Black Eyed Peas song some people up there were going on about I have specific memories of when the song came out and people mishearing the lyric and me correcting them. People swear that Darth Vader said, "Luke, I am your father" and even as a kid I would use his proper line as a gotcha trivia question for people.

There's things I can swear I remember like Bearenstein Bears but if other people misremember song lyrics and movie quotes who's to say I'm not just misremembering the book title?
>>
>>18984912
>>18985096
>>18985137
>>18985159
>>18985169

Are y'all niggaz for real?
>>
File: ProfBee.png (3KB, 144x142px) Image search: [Google]
ProfBee.png
3KB, 144x142px
>>18985137
>Ever notice how nobody from South Africa remembers Mandela "dying" in the 80's
>Ever notice how nobody involved in shipping between New Zealand and Australia seems to remember the islands reorienting themselves?/
>Ever notice how none of the writers on Sex and the City noticed the sudden name change?
>Ever notice how nobody involved in the marketing and production of Volvo, Chick-fil-a, Home Depot etc. noticed these sudden logo changes?
>Ever notice how the son of Jan and Stan Berenstain didn't notice his name suddenly changing, and in fact recounts on how many people would constantly get it wrong?

No, the Mandela Effect is generally perpetuated by people who have a weak relationship to the subject matter. They form assumptions that go unchallenged for years, because they do not deal with the subject on a regular basis.

When you come into a thread like this and are forced to accept that your assumptions don't line up with reality, it can be jarring. A sneaky tactic to make this even more jarring is to present them with the "wrong" version first to prime their memory and then present the "right" version immediately after.

But assumptions are only the first element of the effect. The second part is ego. You need to find somebody who is so certain of their own abilities that they would accuse reality of changing before they admit that they aren't actually as observant as they think they are. 4Chan is the perfect place to find people who aren't particularly smart, but still have very high opinions of themselves.
>>
>>18985173

I don't know the answer to that. I know if it were me personally, I would not ever consider it as a valid thing had I not personally experienced it myself.

Everyone is entitled to their own response of course. Including the type I am bringing into question.

I can relate to the fact it looks ridiculous from a non experiencers point of view. I just don't understand why people insist o arguing the misremembering point when that had already been thought about.

Like is it possible, even a teeny tiny possibility? We concluded no, it isn't in that realm of experience.

Hypothetically, if you woke up tommorow and the sky was purple, and everyone insisted it was always purple and never blue.....would you accept you must be wrong?

Perhaps you had a color deficiency in your vision and you just confabulated all the times people refered to the sky being blue?

Other people remembering it blue also adds into the issue. The purple sky folks have an in your face fact on the side. How could you argue it to them? They don't remember it that way and thinl you mad.

Thats the best way I can communicate the crystal clarity of the memories many have.

If you went to purple sky land tommorrow, you could never convince them and they could never convince you.
>>
>>18985188
>Ever notice how nobody from Madagascar believes that the island was plagued by cannibal giants?
>>
>>18985221
The sky isn't purple and has never been tho you halfwit. You just remember shit wrong, get over yourself, I remembered a shitload of things wrong, even in subjects I am familiar or passionate about. Of course, you won't ever admit to being wrong, either because of your ego or your unstable mental health.
>>
>>18985221
>Like is it possible, even a teeny tiny possibility? We concluded no, it isn't in that realm of experience.
your conclusion is ill-founded
>>
>>18985221
your memories aren't crystal clear

You don't understand how memories work

You have a massively inflated opinion of your own abilities
>>
>>18985237
retarded natives make up retarded stories

then retarded people like you take them for indisputable truth for no real reason
>>
Kit-Kat became KitKat
>>
>>18985159
fake news only became a meme in 2016 in this universe

you poor bastard
>>
>>18985255
I was referencing Attack on Titan, dingus
>>
>>18985159
Top kek
>>
>>18985276
I don't watch anime
>>
>>18985276
In my reality that's called Assault on Castle 13 and it's about some black cops shooting these giant ass spics with balistas and shiet.
>>
>>18985188

Invalid argument premise. If that were true, we wouldnt be having an issue here.
Many people are extemely familiar with the subject matter.

Chick fil a and jc pennies employees have experienced those. Ford owners and mechanics have experienced that particular logo issue.

Nurses and doctors have experienced the anatomy ones.

Ww2 buffs and JFK researchers have experienced those. Lifelong bible scholars have those.

I am all for a logical argument against it if anyone can make one. Yours is based on false assumptions.

Yours rest on the claim that no one intimately familiar with a subject has them. Which is not true....and others try to say "the fact it is always a misspelling or misheard lyric of some pop culture song proves it is just bad memory"...which is not true.

If it is so ridiculous and easy to debunk, why construct arguments based on false premises?

I dont think most people do it on purpose, I just think they make snap judgements with little or no research
>>
>>18985286
[ ] Mental illness
[ ] Inflated ego
[ ] Advanced shitposting

Choose one
>>
>>18985238

It'a called an analogy.

The fact people disagreeing with you on the matter provokes such a strong emotional response is interesting.

I notice this alot on the anti mandela side. I don't expect any of you to believe it, but I do find emotional responses like yours interesting.

What is the reason behind this type of response I wonder?
>>
>>18985286
>Many people are extemely familiar with the subject matter.
No they aren't. That's just the inflated ego talking.
>>
File: laff.jpg (13KB, 356x256px) Image search: [Google]
laff.jpg
13KB, 356x256px
>>18985308
The reason is you're very very very stupid. It's not anger, it's just disdain. OK, and I am mildly amused
>>
>>18985297
In my timeline, the choose one meme was choose two
>>
>>18985297

Ah, the good ol "everyone who disagrees with me is a moron approach"

That one has been used longer than either of us has been alive. Doesn't often bear fruit though

You are of course, entitled to your perspective
>>
File: gun kek.jpg (34KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
gun kek.jpg
34KB, 512x512px
>>18985326
In my timeline we shoot idiots like you on sight.
>>
>>18985308
Its your utter fucking ego that turns people off.

How do you not realize this?
>>
>>18985297
May I add one to the list, please?

The possible option I would like to submit for consideration is:

[] Doesn't understand the definition of "validity."

Also, I would love to hear some feedback on a question I have. The question is "Am I a complete and total bitch for posting this?" Please be honest, if you don't mind.
>>
>>18985335
Nigga can't see past it. Don't rule out mental illness quite yet tho
>>
>>18985334

The "shoot people who don't agree with me approach"

Also popular, currently employed in Best Korea, China, and Somalia
>>
>>18985326
If you think your memories are an objective reflection of reality, then you don't understand how memories work.

Do you disagree with this?
>>
>>18985335

People don't agree with you, therefore they are stupid and egotistical.

Ego eh?

Iron E
>>
>>18985341
Yeah well, idiots have long ago learned to keep their dumb opinions to themselves. We colonized Proxima Centauri btw, shit is cash, they got all sorts of weird alien bitches there, Shatner's loving it.
>>
File: faggots.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
faggots.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>18985338
Nigga, I can't have a serious talk with a man who thinks that because he remembers the name of some TV show wrong reality shifted, I'm here to laff at your bitch ass
>>
>>18985353
Do you honestly not understand how saying shit like
>Like is it possible, even a teeny tiny possibility? We concluded no
and
>Thats the best way I can communicate the crystal clarity of the memories many have.

makes you sound incredibly egotistical?

You are coming to conclusions and asserting that they must be true because it is impossible for you to be wrong.
>>
>>18985344

Everyone experiences reality subjectively in the first place.

You can even have two people observing the same event rememberingv it differently an hour later.

Two people can watch the same debate and conclude different people won immediately after.

I am aware of the nuances of human memory...both how they are recorded and how they are recalled.

The crux of a mandela effect claim is "an objective fact retroactively changed"

You can claim it is due to a cognitive error but you can't prove it. That is just a belief you are entitled to have.

Using a historical record to argue against a claim the historical record has changed is illogical.

You have your view, others considered it and disagreed with you. Simple as that

Due to the nature of the claim, neither side can prove it to the other
>>
File: fedora.jpg (40KB, 487x491px) Image search: [Google]
fedora.jpg
40KB, 487x491px
>>18985388
>Due to the nature of the claim, neither side can prove it to the other

*tips interdimensional fedora*
>>
>>18985385

You are asserting it is impossible for me to be right as well.

Everyone is right or wrong about some things in their life.

You think you are right, we disagree.

It does not bother us that you disagree with us but it does bother you that we disagree with you.

Yet the claim is our side is the egotistical side?

That is quite amusing
>>
>>18985410
Yeah man and aliens from the planet Xerxes came to me last night on a cumwave made of prime Isabelle Adjani's pussy fluids riding on the back of a canoe made out of fuckin' cigarette bums and niggershit and told me a very important thing: [spoiler]You're a massive faggot[/spoiler]
>>
>>18985410
>You are asserting it is impossible for me to be right as well.
point out the post where I did this

You are coming to a conclusion and asserting that it is impossible for any other conclusion to be true.

You don't offer any evidence to support your conclusion. You just continue to assert that it is impossible for you to be wrong.

Do you honestly not understand how egotistical this is?
>>
>>18985364

This is a logical response.
>>
>>18985410
You're not egotistical

You're just smarter than the 99% of the planet who (foolishly) think that reality isn't falling apart because they misremember some inconsequential shit.
>>
>>18985433

>point out the post where I did this

Point out the post where I said "It is impossible for me to be wrong"

I simply said I disagreed with you. The way you seem to be interpeting disagreement with you is that whoever disagrees with you is claiming a divine infallibility or something.

Then ironically make an accusation of your opponent being egotistical.

Anyone who examines the exchange can see that illogical structure
>>
>>18985488
>Point out the post where I said "It is impossible for me to be wrong"

right here, retard
>>18985221
>Like is it possible, even a teeny tiny possibility? We concluded no

Did I really need to show that to you?
>>
>>18985457

The good ol strawman approach.

It used to be effective many years ago but nowadays it merely betrays an inability ro argue against an opponent's actual claim to an average observer.

Why else would such a strawman need to be conjured?
>>
File: post.gif (2MB, 480x272px) Image search: [Google]
post.gif
2MB, 480x272px
>>18985488
Only illogical structure here is made from your brainwave patterns LMAO git gud feggit
>>
>>18985499
OK, fun's over, you can stop posting anytime, we all had a good laff at your ruse, time to move on.
>>
>>18978731

WHAT THE FUCK
SINCE WHEN DID HITLER _NOT_ HOLD HIS SPEECH ASKING FOR TOTAL WAR?

WHY THE FUCK IS IT GOEBBELS NOW

https://youtu.be/IFcSFSeZ2w4
>>
>>18985499
Have I misrepresented you? Do you actually disagree with anything in that post?

Please be specific
>>
>>18981908
Super Saiyan 1 and 2 look exactly the same for everyone except Gohan.
>>
>>18985516
because you made an assumption that went unchallenged
>>
>>18985495

Concluding that an argument is invalid = the person taking a position on something claiming it is impossible for them to ever be wrong on anything?

You would probably agree that trees grow for example. That somehow translates to you claiming it is impossible for you to be wrong on anything?

Lol
>>
>>18985526

NO NO NO
FUCK OF GOEBBELS REALITY SCUM
_EVERYONE_ KNOWS IT'S HITLER'S SPEECH
>>
>>18985529
Yeah man, reality totally broke when Biker Mice from Mars changed their outfits, you fucking loon
>>
>>18985529
>Concluding that an argument is invalid = the person taking a position on something claiming it is impossible for them to ever be wrong on anything?

Your only evidence for this conclusion is your own experience. Essentially you are saying "this argument is conclusively invalid because I think it is"

Do you disagree?
>>
>>18985535

Observe this type of response.

The emotional response one can elicit merely by disagreeing with people is quite potent.

It is interesting
>>
>>18985532

AND NOW I'M LEARNING HITLER WAS ACTUALLY AGAINST THE TOTAL WAR

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK
>>
File: parrot man.jpg (93KB, 800x531px) Image search: [Google]
parrot man.jpg
93KB, 800x531px
>>18985548
>HURR DURR EMOTIONS

What a silly self-centered cocksucker you are anon.

>I CAN'T BE WRING BECAUSE I SAY SO
See why no one takes you seriously fagtron? Provide evidence or shut your dick holster
>>
>>18985548
Do you ever wonder if you're misinterpreting they way people respond to you?

Do you interact with people much off the internet?
>>
>>18978764
Mendoza effect? Someone's been listening to Cosmic Castoff
>>
>>18985560
Hitler was always more of a Red Alert/Age of Empires player.
>>
>>18985539

I comcluded it is invalid because based on personal experience....it is outside the realm of normal human confabulation, misremembering.

Everyone has confabulated and everyone has misremembered in their life. This is distinctly different.

The group nature of alternate memories sheds more light on this aspect of it. Without front loading....you can present the same material to people and get a consensus on what is different.....including a very detailed set of individual uxilirary memories to back them up.

For example, I also liked Frankenstein as a child. I pronounced the berenstein bears the same way. I was taught by my mother that though it is spelled the same as frankenstein, it is pronounced "steen".

Such memories are not present in instances of confabulation or confusing stephanie with stacy for example
>>
>>18981589
Doesn't believe in horseshit magic timelines.. and is a shill? Listen to yourself.
>>
File: kek.jpg (25KB, 400x350px) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
25KB, 400x350px
>>18985576
Jej, he's still at it
>>
>>18984942
"Do you not understand how something completely made up and nonsensical works?" idiot.
>>
>>18985572
It's the Eva Mendes effect you fool
>>
>>18985568

Emotions subsequently amplify and this type of person attempts to elicit an emotional response vis ridicule.

Is probably effective for him in his personal life, I am assuming this is why he is doubling down here
>>
>>18985297
Exactly. Anyone who believes in the Mandella effect is a fucking buffoon. Ego and bad memory. That's it. Anyone who understands memory in the LEAST would be humiliated by these claims. It's by its very nature unreliable and easily manipulated.
>>
>>18985571

Strictly speaking, everyone misinterprets other people at various points in their life.

I am socially engaged and do not suffer general social illiteracy if that is what you are asking
>>
File: mlt.jpg (46KB, 468x314px) Image search: [Google]
mlt.jpg
46KB, 468x314px
>>18985601
Like clockwork. You see what you're trying to do is analyse my post patterns and draw conclusions about myself on a Djibouti Shit Eating Grin Retirement Home, when all I wanna do is shitpost and laff at you retards spouting bullshit.

Do go on tho
>>
>>18985612

That is an emotional defense mechanism.

It was healthy for you to respond that way
>>
>>18985608
>Men's memories are uncertain and the past that was differs little from the past that was not
>>
>>18985334
I can't imagine being SO terrified by the big bad world that I'd need to brandish a firearm just to feel safe. And I live in NYC, a place that would clearly have a frightened idiot like you shitting in your pants. Also- Resorting to threatening lethal force during an online argument is a special breed of cowardly buffoon. Go cry under your bed you giant gun-wielding baby. Can't even feel safe without having a lethal advantage over your fellow man, at the flick of a finger. PATHETIC.
>>
File: hahah.png (537KB, 629x466px) Image search: [Google]
hahah.png
537KB, 629x466px
>>18985619
>>18985625

It's like this is your first day here
>>
>>18978735
Sounds more like a case of niggers saying axe instead of ask.
>>
>>18985625

He was joking yo. Lol
>>
>>18985631

I'm post 1...not post 2.

I shitpost on x often tho
>>
>>18985641
Nigga you're ruining this
Thread posts: 212
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.