[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you believe happens after you die? I am going to commit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 335
Thread images: 31

File: Lopx9eUi34rbq.gif (1MB, 346x236px) Image search: [Google]
Lopx9eUi34rbq.gif
1MB, 346x236px
What do you believe happens after you die? I am going to commit suicide and want to hear everyone's theories as to what they think happens after death. Be brutally honest
>>
>>18978282
We turn into muppets and burn in hell.
>>
Don't kill urself
>>
Don't commit suicide senpai.
>>
>>18978286

Like in Angel?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zUkT9YAPDY
>>
Your brain turns off and the maggots eat you, and then slowly over the years everyone forgets about you.
>>
>>18978282
Suicide is pretty much a terrible idea, because who knows if there is anything after this. Also, what if you do go to a kind of hell? It's shit like that and a love for life that has kept me going.
>>
Please don't kill yourself, If I got out of bed this morning you can too. Hell, don't even get out if bed. Just stay and chill, things will get better for you one day. Also I think wandering into the wilderness with a backpack is the better option, you could still totally die and if you were gonna kill yourself anyways you have nothing to fear alone in the dark woods. Like bring it on skinwalkers, come gather round my campfire while I give no fucks and cook my can of beans.
>>
>>18978291
Why? Fuck him, let him do it. Who are to tell him not to
>>
I don't know but I fundamentally cannot grasp how someone can have consciousness one moment and then not the next. Best explanation I heard was that death is just like what it was like before you were born.

It's not nothing, it's a never was.
>>
>>18978282
nothing happens man, you'll just wake up like nothing happened and you'll start another day
>>
You just die, OP. Your window of perception is gone.
>>
>>18978329
essentially all you'll accomplish is having given yourself a little bit of a nightmare along with changing maybe a few things in your reality
>>
>>18978313
>Suicide is pretty much a terrible idea, because who knows if there is anything after this. Also, what if you do go to a kind of hell? It's shit like that and a love for life that has kept me going.

That's my biggest fear and the only reason I haven't offed myself. I remember watching a show where Hell was just you reliving the worst moments of your life, all the pain included again and again and again for all eternity.
>>
File: maatmontypython.png (933KB, 1532x642px) Image search: [Google]
maatmontypython.png
933KB, 1532x642px
>>18978282
>I am going to commit suicide and want to hear everyone's theories as to what they think happens after death. Be brutally honest

I think it depends on the disposition of your heart and whether or not you are repentant for misdeeds.

I wouldn't take your life though.
>>
There is no certainty about it one way or another but personally I do not believe in the full stop end to consciousness or spirit or what have you.

Simply put, a full stop-end is contradictory to the cyclical nature of the universe. All things end and become something new.
>>
Try imagining nothing. You're not doing it right if you don't get a little freaked out.
>>
>>18978334
once you start noticing how many times you've died after all your suicide attempts you'll start feeling bad about leaving a trail of mourners in slightly different realities. It's pretty fucked up since you can't kill yourself out of shame since it'll accomplish nothing. luckily you can use the knowledge to push you in achieving spiritual victory over these realities so that you have power to change past mistakes.
>>
>>18978282
Hades until Judgement Day

Get right with God please OP
>>
>>18978282
Blah blah blah don't do it blah blah blah. Who gives a fuck? Just fucking kill yourself. You don't need to tell the entire planet you're going to kill yourself. Literally nobody cares.
>>
Sensory extrapolation, essentially its the non-existence of the observable and observed.
>>
>>18978329
Honestly this, our lives are more circular than you may think. If not, the void will fill somehow.
>>
If you commit suicide you wake up in a hospital and then you're put on suicide watch. Your life becomes more shit, especially if you shot/hung/jumped/any mutilation.
>>
>>18978282
You end up as a tree in the forest of suicides
>>
>>18978336

What about people who were born with severe mental illness and commit suicide?

>>18978345

How would one imagine nothing?

>>18978347

Are you talking about Quantum Suicide? That's some spooky shit
>>
>>18978345
I'd rather be nothing than live for eternity. No joke.
>>
File: Oblivion it's gameover.jpg (27KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
Oblivion it's gameover.jpg
27KB, 600x400px
>>18978282
Hopefully Oblivion
>>
File: Aokigahara Jukai.jpg (125KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
Aokigahara Jukai.jpg
125KB, 700x700px
>>18978379
>>
File: game-over.jpg (72KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
game-over.jpg
72KB, 960x540px
>>18978412
agreed
>>
>>18978282
The ones who cared for you and loved you will experience true hell.
An never-ending mixture of doubt, anger, sadness, bitterness and pain. This will resonate on their offspring and the generation after that.
You will create a huge spiral downward on all that ever were nice to you.
Downside is you will not feel a thing about it.
Another downside is all you have ever done will be overshadowed by your choice to end your own life.

As a Satanist I would say:
"Don't do it. There is only this life. Never end it. Let that be the only thing you want someone or something else to do if for you! Roam free, avoid death. We all know you will not fail in being dead, so why rush it?"
>>
>>18978394
>What about people who were born with severe mental illness and commit suicide?

I think the gods are mostly just with a side of revenge based on offenses against the gods and their agents.
>>
File: jesus approves.jpg (69KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
jesus approves.jpg
69KB, 500x500px
>>18978510
>>
File: SOMUCH.jpg (64KB, 625x418px) Image search: [Google]
SOMUCH.jpg
64KB, 625x418px
>>18978504
>>
I wish I had the courage to kill myself. My life sucks. I fucking hate this world.
>>
>>18978510
I'm fine with this. The Angels are eternal brothers. To injure one, is an affront to all of them. It's actually really sad to hear about how they are fighting among each other.
>>
>>18978282
It depends on how far you get in the game of life.
>>
>>18978282
ill remember that you comitted suicide same as your family
>>
>>18978525
Hell doesn't exist as an actual place. It's just on old tool of fear. The Bible actually says you return to Sheol "The Grave". Then you are judged, mostly based on how you judged others. Then you are either cast into separation from God with the forces of "Evil". Or you get to live in the Golden City on Earth for a non descript period of time until you enter into eternity. "The Grave"

The only actual suffering occurs during the resurrection of humanity.
>>
>>18978282

You make it through without suicide you can spawn as me next matrix round.

You fail and suicide you're forced to be my bitch first.

Really I need a bitch so go ahead. Either way I gain power because I love you so much.

;^}
>>
>>18978282
OP, I don't believe anything about Death because I haven't experienced. We still are figuring out what we are and what we are made of. Where what we are made of came from, and when it came from. That is just being alive, death is another whole story entirely.

What I would say about suicide. Only do this if you feel it is necessary. Not I "feel" like it's what I should do. But the whole full on doomed anyways shebang. I won't say life will get better, because some people live in physical and mental torment their whole lives. The world appears to be capable of as much love as cruelty. Vice-Versa. The only thing you NEED to know is Equivalent Exchange. The Karmic Cycle. And G O D. Not Skymandude. Not Zeus. Not any caricature made by man of the Eternal. But the whole Closed System which we are inside of with NATURALLY occurring order and rules, as God.

Look within yourself anon. Deeply meditate. Not on anything, but on losing the ego that is injuring you. So you can observe the issue objectively in a deep meditative state, and remedy it.
>>
>>18978282
Nothing will happend, It will feel like it was before you were born. RIP Anon
>>
File: 1465662469648.jpg (122KB, 650x873px) Image search: [Google]
1465662469648.jpg
122KB, 650x873px
>>18978282
Most likely, we will be reborn again. Depending on what kind of person you were in life and what kind of lesson you've yet to learn, you will be born into certain states, certain realms. Perhaps as a human. Perhaps as a spirit. Or perhaps something else entirely.
>>
That illusions never end
But those illusions are so infinite and greater than us it taunts us giving us a glimpse of knowledge hope and ideas being so blunt but we can't grasp it because we are finite
Pretty much everything in theory is right just as it is wrong/contradictory

Lmao as to all the people saying don't do it

Let him do it. If he's serious about it he'll bite one before posting here
>>
File: download.jpg (9KB, 222x227px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9KB, 222x227px
>>18978525
Who talked about God?
>>
I personally believe in reincarnation. I believe when you die, your soul will be born again but not in the same circumstances as the life before. I think that to achieve afterlife you have to live and experience every aspect there is. So if you are a low born slave child in Uganda then next life you might be a billionaire in Russia or a doctor in america. When you hear of children dieing just after being born it's because they are at the end of their spectrum of experiences and are now in afterlife. I believe that we hold on to some of the memories we had in a previous life. Like being scared of snakes if you are Irish as their no snakes in Ireland. Or scared or spiders in britain. Some people are scared of clowns but could be they were murdered in a previous life by some one wareing a mask. Scared of heights is because they fell from a height in a previous life. Suicide ends the cycle and you will never see the afterlife as you in effect rip up your contract. This theory would help explain these phobias and the phenomenon of dajavu.
>>
>>18978282
You respawn at the start, but you'll have to kill all the mobs again.
>>
>>18978282

I believe that when you die, your soul is spilt up into fragments and transferred into the subconscious of your family and friends.

>Their POV becomes your POV.

>Whatever they feel, you feel it too.

>Whatever they eat, you taste it too.

Etc.

You basically become one with everyone you know and live on within their memory.

Once all your loved ones pass on, you ascend into heaven or descend into hell, while they all become one with their loved ones as well.

This isn't without its downsides however, as you can't intervene whenever they make a bad decision, nor can you try to change their minds if they feel suicidal.

But that means you also get to see them do great things in their life. Perhaps you get to see your sister give birth to her first child, or see your friend get married, or watch your child grow up into an adult.

Granted they don't know that you're there, but you always are there. Cheering them on whenever you succeed at something, crying with them whenever they reminisce about the good times they had with you, smiling with them when they're happy, etc.

If you lost anybody in your life, just remember that they really ARE watching over you. And they miss you as much as you miss them.
>>
>>18978742
Damn, this is a fucking great technical explanation of something that a lot of people implicitly believe, in fact something that's been a cultural meme for a long time but never defined. /x/ is banger lately
>>
File: hl11.jpg (449KB, 1500x2100px) Image search: [Google]
hl11.jpg
449KB, 1500x2100px
>>
File: ganesh01.jpg (50KB, 368x500px) Image search: [Google]
ganesh01.jpg
50KB, 368x500px
I believe in heaven and hell, but not in a physical way.
I took acid once and had a death scene moment and all i saw was a brilliant white light and great feeling of peace washing over me while my brain vibrated. I knew that this was heaven I was in.

Hell is different people who have done really bad things will dwell on them to some extent, but when you die those memory's are all you can think of for eternity, no Satan just yourself.

Pic related: while i was dying on acid i saw Ganesha and i felt like a child while he judged me but i could see in his eyes i was forgiven.
>>
>>18978282
dont do it man
>>
>>18978282
We sit in a room with ourselves for an eternal instant.
>>
>>18978282
Suicide? grab a rifle and go kill some lizard people man.
>>
Consciousness continues or consciousness ceases.

If it ceases, you won't exist to know that it ceased, so logically you can only know, and will only ever know consciousness, it doesn't actually matter whether it continues on after your death or not, it won't make any difference to you.

If it continues on, death is meaningless, and if it doesn't, you won't know that.
>>
>>18978841
>If it continues on, death is meaningless
What if it continues on and you suffer greatly in hell for the rest of eternity? Then suddenly death by suicide isn't so meaningless.
>>
>>18978313
>and a love for life

stop patronizing him. he clearly doesn't have that
>>
>>18978320
>I don't know but I fundamentally cannot grasp how someone can have consciousness one moment and then not the next.

I'm not trying to be a dick, but consider the way sleep works. how seamless the transition is. You remember laying down to sleep, but not the moment of crossover.

the main difference is that consciousness returns to you when sleep is done, so you have an experience of sleep that involves the before and after it. Death... god only knows
>>
>>18978777

No, he's wrong, you get a new body when you die and can come and interact with the living with a new name so long as you don't spoil the mystery of who you are.

You do NOT get to watch over people immediately after death, you need to become a watcher, which takes eons of dedication.
>>
>>18978282
In our subjective reality you will be dead. But you will wind right back up where you started in your own reality. So just don't bother
>>
>>18978282
I'm not dying. We should work as comrades. I would be more sure I live eternal life.
>>
>>18978282
You will get reincarnated and face the exact same issues that is driving you to suicide now. So best learn how to deal with them now instead of having to restart again.
>>
The moment you die you get a split second when you can fart in the spirit of jesus and shit in the whore virgin, make it count.
>>
>>18980297
Million people have been a little more about a good job than you and you have a little time for me your way to do it so I don't know if you're gonna talk about it
>>
File: IMG_3894.jpg (50KB, 800x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3894.jpg
50KB, 800x400px
>>18978282
It's not clear. Me and the people who have been through what I have, have seen the same thing(just relative to them). And it's more puzzling than anything else. Honestly.
>>
>>18980309
Bro thats bad engrish.
>>
>>18980322
But we didn't kill ourselves. That's an important detail.
>>
Suicide is dumb because what if this life is all we have? What if our consciousness is obliterated like atheists believe? I'd rather be miserable and have the experience while I can than just be obliterated
>>
>>18978369
I don't know how someone could be so jaded as to tell someone nobody cares. I care. Don't kill yourself, dude. Just blow all your money and do something fun.

To the guy I'm quoting: That little smug warm feeling your feeling reading this is you being a fedora edgelord by the way
>>
>>18978853
>and you suffer greatly in hell for the rest of eternity
If you get to go to hell for eternity because of things you did in your limited human life then you're already in hell.
>>
We live in a multiverse. Hell is a real place. Suicide mocks God. If you never turn to God for help, only mock everything that was offered to you by killing yourself, where do you think people like that end up?

Have some gratitude, live honestly, watch your depression go away.
>>
>>18980441
>Suicide mocks God.

I know which way I'll go :^)
>>
>>18978282
Don't do it. This consciousness could be the only one we have. Just start listening to Pink Floyd instead of Nirvana.
>>
Yeah everyone knows how the wall cures depression
>>
The world is shit, everyone will give you advice mostly none of it will suit you,from personal experience it gets worse but you grow for whatever that means, prove them wrong by not killing yourself i guess.

be your own friend. go throw a tennis ball off shit while you walk. tell people off more often.
don't kill yourself.
>>
Everyone's life sucks. Everyone is a piece of disgusting flesh. It's how we choose to embrace the universe that matters. Do not embrace death, embrace life. Realize that all is futile. Maybe we're all an illusion. A group of higher beings, controlling each of us like video game characters. Maybe they do this to escape their hellish life. Maybe there's no respawn, and death would mean we have to live in their hellish life. Either way, we're just creatures on a rock meant to observe how beautiful our world is. Some of us have purposes, other's might not. Some people's purpose is to question what their purpose is, or whether or not they have one. Maybe this is our only life. There might be nothing waiting for us after The Great Gig In The Sky. Nothingness is the most terrifying thing one may encounter. Our world may be our only one. Instead of leaving, I strongly urge you to embrace what we have been lucky enough to have. The small world we do have is much larger than you would expect.
>>
>>18980582
Perhaps the nothingness we encounter after death the one we were created in before our births. We were all given a chance to leave it and become something, but only for a short time in the great scheme of things. To end your only chance when so many are never given it would be a failure on your part.
>>
Hell cant exist, fire need oxygen to be. ;)
Dont worry man, rest in peace.
>>
>>18980224
There's no level of fact to that, we don't know that. Your belief is akin to a religion. How could we ever know if it's true? Some may believe otherwise.
>>
God shows no mercy to the wicked who commit suicide, killing yourself will merely multiply your torture by a million.
>>
>>18978286

Unironically this
>>
>>18980538
Good point, I was thinking of Dark Side Of the Moon, more specifically that last track, "Eclipse". Anyway, it's not like "In Utero" from Nirvana is any more cheerful. I mean, "Heart-Shaped Box" is fucking dark.
>>
>>18978345
There is no nothing by its own very nature so I wouldn't worry to much about it
>>
>Murder and rape a bunch of people
>Say sorry
>Convert to Christianity and die of natural causes
>Go to Heaven
or
>Be depressed/mentally ill/sick of life, etc
>Off yourself
>Eternally tortured in a fiery pit of endless agony

I legitimately don't have a problem with 99.9% of religion but this logic has always bothered me
>>
>>18980625
I didnt choose to be born so why do I deserve punishment?
>>
>>18978282
There are several levels of reality and we live in a relatively low one where we are bound by many mechanistic, deterministic laws.

Positivistic science is pretty much correct in saying that humans are just moving machines, biomechanical robots and do not have any freewill of their own. The sense of selfhood is also nonexistent in most, because people constantly forget themselves and are changing. Most people also don't have souls.

A soul can be formed in you, partaking of the less mechanistic laws of higher levels of reality, through extensive training and self-observation as religions suggest. However, it is difficult to do this, as we have most religions in a fragmented form and don't have the esoteric basis at the heart of all of them, or at most have very small kernels of them.

If you kill yourself, it is likely, since you have lived your life without any self-consciousness, that the small amount of vitalistic energy or consciousness in you (the small little seed from higher levels of reality that distinguishes us from minerals and rocks) will thereupon go to the nearest and lowest level of reality for us, the Moon, which partakes even more of mechanistic and deterministic laws than our Earth. The rest of your body, the physical and mechanical part of it, is made of "dust" and to dust it will return, as the Bible says.

Your semi-animate consciousness will exist in a period of suffering/barely-conscious-life on the Moon for immeasurable periods of time, for eons of geological and spiritual change, until perhaps the Moon reaches its requisite level of consciousness/a higher level of reality, and thus the primitive consciousnesses trapped in it have the chance to be reborn in a more sensitive form and go over the cycle again --- either travel to higher realities, or don't use your consciousness properly your entire life and go to a lower level of reality and perhaps even eventually gets destroyed.

Nah, I'm just kidding, I don't really know.
>>
Please don't kill yourself. Everyone goes one of two places after you die- if you believe Jesus paid for your sins on the cross and was buried and resurrected on the third day, you'll be with God in heaven. If you reject that then you will be in hell, paying the consequence of your sin for eternity.
>>
>>18978412
Stupid. The human mind has the capacity to forget. It's designed for immorality.
>>18978498
Also stupid.
>>
>>18980673

None of us choose, By nature we corrupt and sinful, this in itself is enough to offend and make him want to destroy us.

The flesh can't stand this so it'll contrive all sorts of excuses and arguments but in the God is Omniscent and True Justice and he will get is way.

Which is why I can't understand angry at god. Why not just give in to unstoppable force that you have no hope in defeating? It just don't make fucking sense. Bow to the creator, Submit and be an NPC. It's our purpose.
>>
>>18978282
You go unconscious until judgement day, then you'll most likely be sentenced to eternal damnation on Judgement Day
>>
File: Cheers.gif (963KB, 500x239px) Image search: [Google]
Cheers.gif
963KB, 500x239px
>>18978282
You know how when you sleep, and wake up not realizing you were asleep?

That.
Except you don't wake up.

I'd hope there is something nice after life. Like, a congratulations. Welcome to the universal soul bank.

We'll never know. Until we have the technology to see into the mind or dreams of someone who passes away at that instant.

Even still. Nothing is for certain.

Good luck on the path to enlightenment, friends.
>>
File: Well.gif (2MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Well.gif
2MB, 200x200px
>>18980731
That sounds so fucking nice, and hypocritical.

>be God
>give free will to little humans
>make ridiculous rules
>defeat the purpose of free will
>>
I believe it's different for everyone. It can lead to absolutely anything or nothing. It depends on you, it depends on others, I think. Karma is a lot more varied and mercurial than just good and bad. It's a story that writes itself.

Also I don't think that suicide is automatic hell. Sometimes it's an act of defying whatever it is that's going on around you, and such deliberate defiance shakes things up for your next "life" more than dying naturally (conforming to and therefore perpetuating, for you) your environment. But sometimes it's an act of defeat, or worse, fear and frustration.

I think a good rule of thumb is that if you fear death, or you don't think the time is right, it probably isn't. But that's not 100% either.

This is all beliefs though hopefully everything just shuts down.
>>
Heaven, hell and the Fade. Heaven is just you in your paradise, not everyone lumped together in one little good Christian party. Hell is split into 8 circles, each one for each sin, the eight for Lucifer and the few mortals who were bad enough to be tortured with him. The Fade is nothing. You go there, you cease to exist, your memories are erased, everything you've done gets credited to someone else, and the world goes on like you never existed, because you didn't. You kill yourself, you goto the circle that applied to you the most and get tortured there. Believe me or not, there's your truth.
>>
I once ascended in to afterlife, it was a place full of enormous ice caves surrounded by the ocean. It wasn't cold, it was relaxingly chilly. Everything had a coldish blue tone to it though... I wondered around the ice caves for a few hours before going back here
>>
>>18981105
I had a similar notion. For me I woke up in a forest and there was this boardwalk town wrapped around a huge tree. Everyone next to me was sleeping or in a hypnagogic state and it was like I had woken up from a dream.

It was probably just sub/conscious longings manifesting themselves as sensory data, though, at least in my case.
>>
>>18981105
>>18981131

I've had something similar. Beds full of people of all races and ages. Everyone asleep was alive somewhere in the real world. Door appeared in front of me, voice told me it wasn't my time and to go back to sleep.
>>
>>18978282
>What do you believe happens after you die?

Happens in what sense?

What happens to the rest of the world? It goes on like usual.

What happens to your body? Your organs shut down and everything begins decaying as other forms of life consume it for fuel just like you have been doing your whole life.

What happens to your consciousness? That depends on whether you believe "you" are in fact a separate entity from the rest of the universe.

I feel like it makes more sense that your consciousness is simply the universe experiencing itself from this one specific point of view. I mean think about it, "you" as in the physical body isn't one thing, in reality it's a collection of millions (maybe billions, idk) individual lifeforms. You are a collective, not an individual, and yet you feel like you are experiencing things from a singular point of view. How is this even possible? It makes more sense to me that consciousness is something much less individual, and that when the physical body dies, the consciousness simply changes somehow.

Or maybe....(cont.)
>>
>>18981237
....your consciousness is tied completely to your brain. Maybe the existence of your consciousness is totally dependent on the neurons in your brain existing in the exact way that they do. But I don't see how this is possible. I mean I don't know a ton about how the brain works, but I do know that every single cell in our body is constantly dying and being replaced by new ones, and about ever 7 years you are made up of 100% different cells than you were 7 years prior. So what is it that makes our consciousness seem to endure throughout all of this? How could consciousness be tied to anything physical in our brain when our brain isn't even the same brain it was 7 years ago?

If anybody knows more about the brain science here than I do, please share. This stuff is fascinating to me. Are neurons different than cells? Meaning do we retain the exact same neurons throughout our entire life?
>>
>>18978282
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqDZUCMgf5Q

really makes you think.
>>
There's actually a fair amount of evidence for reincarnation. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwjmJtBphwc Check out that video, it might help. As far as my personal opinion, I can't give you much direction there, but I do not believe we are "punished" in any way. Many people don't know, in the original translations of the Christian Bible's Old Testament, the words for "Lord" and "God" were in Greek, and were plural. The "good message" of the New Testament is actually indicating the incorrectness of this, but leaders of Roman and European societies since the dark ages have either misunderstood or misdirected that translation in an effort to steer people into "good" citizens. So, religion aside, it's sometimes difficult to remove the deep psychological implications that we might be punished. Don't even take my word for it; honestly, it's easy enough to put together.
Bottom line, I don't know what will happen, but I'm fairly certain it's not going to be a form of punishment.
Best Luck, I wish you well on your journey.
>>
No one here is going to be able to give you a true and honest answer as NONE here have been to the other side, in the truest sense of the word, to KNOW.

They're going to tell you something they know conceived from other sources, or via "astral projection", or "meditation". I meditate and get visuals all the time. Doesn't mean what I'm seeing is the real deal.

I'd say, you get reincarnated. Weather it's a better life or not, I'll reference my opinion conceived from my readings, killing yourself will make the next life worse.

Plus, when one offends others, it's as if they offend God because God made those whom were offended.

Therefore, killing yourself would be akin to forcing God into suicide. Don't do it bro.

God takes all things into consideration, including your sufferings. Be good and do good for others despite your sufferings and, according to my readings, you will have a better life in the next round.

Become the silent soldier in suffering who will win the war.
>>
The similarity between sleep and death has impressed all thinkers. The ancient Greeks had a saying: "Sleep and death are brothers." For death is the same phenomenon as sleep on a larger and deeper scale. We all recognize sleep as a temporary state because we understand it, or imagine that we do. But we think of death as the end of life when, as a matter of fact, death should not be coupled with life in that way. We ought not to say "life and death" but birth and death. We do not think of birth as a final thing because we know it is followed by death. But theosophy shows us that neither is death final. Death is not only a birth of the spiritual man into a higher sphere of existence, but death in its turn is followed eventually by man's rebirth upon earth. So that it is life or consciousness which is the great enduring fact; and birth and death are but rhythmic events in the endless circle of the conscious evolution of all things.
>>
>>18978313
>a love for life
many of us just don,t have that
>>
>>18981343
>Many people don't know, in the original translations of the Christian Bible's Old Testament, the words for "Lord" and "God" were in Greek, and were plural. The "good message" of the New Testament is actually indicating the incorrectness of this, but leaders of Roman and European societies since the dark ages have either misunderstood or misdirected that translation in an effort to steer people into "good" citizens.
Can you elaborate on this? Or provide sources for further reading (or both)? I love stuff like this.
>>
Oh I also wanted to mention, the majority of the reincarnation cases tend to be in countries that have strong belief in reincarnation; so this either pushes the idea that what you believe happens will, or simply that parents of the children this happens to are more receptive to the idea in those countries.
>>
>>18981351
To add on to this, know how in sci-fi videos when an advanced people land on a primitive planet and the general thing to do is not influence the native people?

As humans, I personally believe we are to act in that same manner while living. This includes the house we reside in for this life. Things that are given to us we are allowed to influence and things that we "take" is akin to going down to that primitive planet and mucking it up.
>>
Yes, there's a great video that summarizes this very well, one moment...
>>
>>18981366
Christ in one instance said something to this effect when he rose up a girl from the dead. Told those that claimed she was dead, that she was sleeping. They mocked him for that saying...
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vg8LOjnAUSw

This video is presented by John Oldenkamp, it's titled "The Real History of the Church. John does a number of videos on esoteric and historical subjects, and is one of my favorite for his ability to tie things together nicely in one presentation. Hope you enjoy! :)
>>
>>18978282
>be brutally honest
I don't know and it scares me
>>
>>18981386
About influencing native peoples'; I understand that, however, I also believe, who are we to determine where their future goes? At the end of a documentary 'First Contact: Untouched Tribes of the Amazon', there is a tribe that chooses to interact with the "outside" world, and to their opinion, it brings substantial improvements to their lives, in such aspects as clothing, security, nutrition, and especially medicine. Throughout most of this film, it seems the general consensus that we should not interact with these people, for fear of corrupting them. By the end however, it's evident that the main doctor who interacted with a tribe realizes, why should we keep them from modern civilizations, especially if they want to interact? For the selfish purpose of preserving a group of people we can gawk at?
Now, I know that's not the intention of your post, but I just wanted to share, because I think it's a point of view people don't normally consider with that topic,
>>
>>18981488
Well, if they choose to on their own, then it's perfectly fine. But there will be some who wish to stay as they are and I believe we should give them what they want. Whether it's contact or exclusion.
>>
you cease to exist. like before you were born.
>>
>>18978282
Don't kill yourself.
We're gonna die eventually, so just live while you can
>>
>>18981519
We also gotta understand that we don't understand the full implications of the butterfly effect as well. For starters, personally, I wouldn't introduce any primitives to firearms. Lest it was absolutely necessary. History is a great reference for man's condition with power and how they wield it, doubt untouched civilizations would be an exception. I'm thinking about non-aggressive outsiders and their own.
>>
>>18978282
Do it or don't anon, it's totally your choice. Fuck all these christfags talking about Hell and other nonsense. You didn't ask for life, but it's your life, you can do whatever the fuck you want with it, even end it if it is an absolute shit of a life. Just remember that this life is probably your only tiny window at sentience, you went from the void before you were born, to this life you're living now, to return to the same empty void after this life, you might as well try to push forward and find happiness and pursue knowledge and hobbies and things you like, or don't, fuck it
>>
>>18978282
if u commit sudoku you will end up right back hereu
>>
Remember times before you were born? Same thing. No 1st person view
>>
>>18978282

DON'T DO IT BRO.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Basics/hellisreal.htm
>>
>>18978336
kill yourself
>>
If you really wanna do it, then you have nothing else to lose.

If you have nothing to lose, go and get the things that you want most. Nothing is too far, since you've got your life to risk.

Go do what you want, once you've got it, then decide.
>>
>>18978282
You are literally going to see Elmo
>>
File: 1489405272704.jpg (42KB, 240x314px) Image search: [Google]
1489405272704.jpg
42KB, 240x314px
>>18978316
this honestly.
>>
>>18981410
Thank you for this. Not op, but I found it educational.
>>
File: 1493632256981.jpg (143KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1493632256981.jpg
143KB, 500x667px
Oh how pleased the forces of evil would be if we muddled through this short life expecting oblivion or annihilation!

Don't fall for this nonsense, Anon. We live surrounded by evil everyday--the evil that men do, and that pervasive ancient primary evil that both feeds on and from mankind.

But it won't last.

There'll come a day when He smites evil forever, and all things will be made new and beautiful. That serpent's head will be crushed.

It's always darkest before the dawn...and the Son is rising.
>>
>>18978378
this literally happened to me op 0/10 so fucking horrible the people who know you will be so pissed it feels horrible. please op don't.
>>
>>18978305
That episode was weird as fuck wasn't there a huge battle with everyone as puppets at the end?
>>
>>18982351

All I know is evil, God has abandoned me a long time ago. I was born without favor, cast aside in the lower rungs of society always surviving but never living. My only companion is death, waiting for me to fully embrace it.
>>
>>18978329
this post weirded me out
>>
>>18978282
>I am going to commit suicide
First off, don't do that. Secondly, my interpretation of what happens after death and the Universe in general according to current scientific models:

>die
>nothing, fade to black
>... fast forward a trillion trillion years..
>all particles are moving away from eachother faster than the speed of light due to the cosmological constant
>universe eventually flatlines
>.... fast forward another infinite amount of years...
>random Boltzmann fluctuation kick starts another bigbang
>... fast forward several billion years...
>you're reborn, or not
>rinse and repeat, forever
>>
>>18980731
What if Heaven isn't worth it? Like in Buddhist pov's
>>
>>18978664
That's cruel, anon, even though the 'evidence' suggests exactly that.
I would hate to be reborn back here, I wish I will have the choice to not be reborn here.
>>
>>18983200
>according to current scientific models
more like your ass-pull, dunning-krüger
>>
>>18978282
Don't kill yourself. Try your best to improve your life but don't waste it.
>>
File: biggs.png (386KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
biggs.png
386KB, 480x640px
>>18978830
Do the creator a favor and kill some lizard shapeshifters, for fucks sake.
>>
I don't care about going to a higher plane of existence or becoming a Buddha or anything like that. I just want to be with the one I love forever. Is that too much to ask? It's all I want. This tortures me. Is there really no hope?
>>
>>18978282
You fall in a eternal sleep and waits till the judgement day.
>>
>>18983762
*cont. not OP but I thought this might be an okay place to ask.
OP I've been in that place before and all I can say to you is please reconsider. Eight years ago I was fully ready to die. Gave all of my precious belongings away, made arrangements and would have died had someone not realized what I had done and intervened. It scares me every day to think that I came so close to throwing my life away and missed out on what I've gotten to experience the past eight years. Please don't kill yourself. Things will get better.
>>
Maybe it'll be like when you're asleep, except unlike sleeping you won't wake up to see another day.
>>
>>18978664
What exactly would I have in common with next incarnation? And why it would be limited only to Earth life forms?
>>
>>18983762
Well, after death you won't care.
>>
This is a surprisingly uplifting thread, given it's 4chan.

Damn. There might be hope left.
>>
>>18978320
>It's not nothing, it's a never was

Yea, and that's scary. To just stop existing, it's hard to imagine, but deeply disturbing. Hopefully there is more to it than that.
>>
>>18978320
The human mind cant possibly just stop existing. It acts as an observer of information and information is eternal.
>>
>>18983818
I have got to say that this is my belief and not a mainstream religious theory.
I don't believe people are reincarnated as ET's as they are not born of the earth. All people in this world have been here before imho. As I said in a previous post, it's all about experiences. That's why it is important to have empathy for one another. To truly appreciate wealth you must first be poor. To fully appreciate your good health you must first be Ill. To fully understand love you must first be alone etc.... I believe to get to the after life you must have all these checked off a list. A bit like the quest logs in a large and varied game. This gives me hope that everyone will come good in the end. It's better to have a negative experience than to never have one at all. The first time you burn your self as a kid is shit but are you not better for it as to avoid possible sever injuries when older? Kinda like that I believe.

To OP. You are depressed. That's all. Seek help. There is no shame in admitting this to people. The thoughts you are having are just a chemical imbalance in your brain. You wouldn't want someone to kill themselves because they are diabetic and not sure weather to take insulin or kill their self. The trick is to identify your negative thoughts and understand they come from a corner of the brain that isn't firing properly. Would you scrap a Porsche for having a faulty head light?
It's always darkest before the dawn friend.
>>
>>18978282
I believe you start back to the beginning without any recollection of living your past life. There are subconscious cues that remain, to keep you going along the same path as this previous life, but you still get the executive order to follow the same path as before, or you can consciously act to better yourself, which then carries on to the life after this one. So in other words, if you commit suicide, you're most likely doomed to become born again to make the same mistakes all over again, as this is the path of least resistance. You still get the chance to correct your mistakes in later lives, but it becomes more difficult with each 'new life.'
>>
If your life really sucks. Why not just run away. Like someone else said, just go into the forest. Start another life. You literally have nothing to lose if suicide is your only other alternative. Fuck it. Join the army and die a hero.

I think when you kill yourself or die some other way you go to a place that vibrates at the same rate as your consciousness does. If you are usually depressed and angry you will go to a dream like that. If you are normally happy and fun, etc. So you should try to change your perspective. Be grateful for what you do have and find beauty in everything. It's there.
>>
I'm an atheist, but I was raised in a christian environment. My parents both believed in life after death, and, for quite a while, so did I, however, by the time I had gone through the necessary church school years to receive confirmation, I grew skeptical of the values I had been taught, mostly because it all just seemed like moral support, kinda like an emotional safety net...So, after a while, I've come to take death as "nothingness". I wouldn't compare it to sleeping or dreaming, because I believe a person could not keep their conscious intact after dying, but it's very hard to define in itself as I can't possibly imagine what non-existence would be like.

It's a rather depressing thought.
>>
>>18981376
There is always a reason to love life. No matter what. I think people go for the extremes too much when this comes up, if only to justify their selfishness.
>>
>>18978282
aside from wasting away into a skeleton?
>>
About a week ago I finished up fapping and was in the bathroom for an after-fap piss when I feel a pop and blood start leaking out of my pee hole. Things start spinning, my hearing starts to go in and out, and my vision gets fuzzy.

I make it to my moms room before I collapse. Now I remember all of that up until how I collapsed. But when I did collapse, I was no longer. My name, my identity, any trace of me, gone. I had no idea. From what I remember I was on a ship during a storm, and right as the tides started rolling I heard my name being said over and over until my eyes opened and I saw my mom in front of me.

I've wondered since that day, is that death? Do you just lose consciousness and appear in a different time, as a different person? Who knows.
>>
>>18978282
You die. That's it. Nothing else happens, you exist and then you stop existing.
>>
i honestly think it will just be an endless nothing, like before you were born but forever. it fucking terrifies me, the concept of never having any experience for all of eternity.
>>
>>18983824
That's what distresses me. I know this will probably sound really gay and irrational but I never want to stop caring. I never want to stop loving this person because I know as long as it's up to me, I never will. The idea that we may eventually fade to nothingness torments me. I never worried about stopping existing until I found this person. It changed everything.
>>
>>18978282
It's kind of like a "Oh god...I remember this" sensation, and it can be horrific/awesome depending on stuff
>>
>>18978282
You wake up back in bed like groundhog day
>>
>>18978282
Honestly, I believe everything fades to black and your consciousness simply dissipates as the brain shuts down.

However, the Catholic in me believe you'll either go to Heaven, Hell, or Purgatory. In your case, you'll probably end up in Hell due to the fact that suicide is a mortal sin (we don't even let suicide victims be buried in Catholic cemeteries).

>>18978335
The only thing keeping me alive is the fact that offing myself would void my life insurance.
>>
>>18983852
yeah, it all decays, rots into nothing.
any information you had from life is long gone.

the only bit of you living are pictures, memories, and knowledge that's been passed on...and maybe hair, nail clippings, something else, depends on how grief stricken your loved ones become.

but yeah.
>>
>>18978316
>Also I think wandering into the wilderness with a backpack is the better option, you could still totally die and if you were gonna kill yourself anyways you have nothing to fear alone in the dark woods.
I think most suicidal people would prefer a quick death by gunshot or something instead of dying of starvation or animal attack in the woods.
>>
>>18980297
Here's what I don't get about that whole idea. Let's say you get a problem that you can't just "deal with" by changing your attitude. Let's say you get in a horrible accident and get paralyzed, horribly scarred for life, or get sexually mutilated beyond repair. Your life from then on is going to be fucking miserable, because your quality of life is vastly reduced.

So, from here, a person either (perfectly rationally) becomes despondent until they die, kills themselves because they can't take it anymore, or they somehow learn to "deal with it". But what's the point of "dealing with it" if, presumably, the afterlife is a place where you'll get healed and won't have to suffer those things anymore? Or is the idea that you're supposed to be such a positive thinker that you'll get to the afterlife and say "You know what? Don't give me my legs and my penis back! I'm happy about being sexless cripple!"

I'm just really fucking tired of people ignoring all the things that can ruin your life without technically ending it.
>>
I don't know but I believe one option is being a bodyless conscience since I do believe in ghosts. So you can turn into a ghost (projected image of your living self or poltergeist type)
>>
>>18982245
Bull. Fucking. Shit.

I'm not the OP, but I'm also suicidal, and the reason I want to kill myself is that it is now IMPOSSIBLE, physically IMPOSSIBLE, for me to get the things I want most.

>Go do what you want, once you've got it, then decide.
Oh, it's just that simple? I can just "go do what I want", just like that? Wow, why didn't someone tell me that?

If it were that fucking simple, no one would ever fucking be suicidal.
>>
>>18983306
Buddhist "heaven" is nonexistence. And Buddhists think that's something to aspire to.

Fuck Buddhism.
>>
>>18983830
>This is a surprisingly uplifting thread
Really? Half the replies are "There's no afterlife and life is meaningless", and the other half are "If you kill yourself, God will send you to Hell to be tortured for eternity!"

Where the hell is the uplifting part?
>>
I know God personally, from my past life. Believe me, God does not punish you for killing yourself.
>>
If I wanted to die I'd go to antarctica and see how far I can get
>finds truth there and doesnt want to die but its to late as he is literally in the middle of nowhere
>>
>>18985740
>and the reason I want to kill myself is that it is now IMPOSSIBLE, physically IMPOSSIBLE, for me to get the things I want most.
What happened? Sounds like you got into an accident or something.
>>
I hate to see people give up, but I can guarantee you that you will have a good outcome if you do it. You will not be punished.
>>
>>18985783
Age.

I lost my youth to a bunch of health issues, both physical and mental. No matter what happens now, I can't become a teenager again and have a youthful, adventurous, energetic sex life. I won't get to be a younger man for an older woman. I won't get to be a sex object. I'm stuck like this, as a teenager in an adult's body, and it's only going to get worse and worse, because every day that passes makes me another day older and that makes me hate myself a little bit more.

And now I'm sure you're going to tell me that it's wrong for me to have sex as my major focus in life and that I'm supposed to care about other shit, just like everyone else I've ever tried to go to for help. Well, I don't fucking care. Maybe I would care about other shit if I didn't have to watch the best years of my life pass me by, helpless to do anything about it, completely locked out of a major human experience, and having to listen to people dismiss how miserable it made me and tell me I was wrong for feeling that way and that I should care about other shit because "There's more to life." Yeah, there's more to life than food, too, but try telling that to someone who hasn't eaten in weeks. If you're dying of thirst in the desert and someone gives you a choice of water or a book of Shakespeare's plays, you're going to want the fucking water, and you won't fucking like it if the person bitches at you for wanting the fucking water and tells you "You need to stop being so obsessed with water. There's more to life than water, you know."
>>
jdimsa
>>
>>18984061
this is a true statement not many will admit
>>
>>18980620

My "religion", unlike the others, holds up when tested by science and will continue to hold up.

I gloss over a lot of basics but there is direct evidence that what I'm saying is correct.

You need to follow all of my posts, I'm afraid.

I refuse to work alone when I enlighten a new planet of human worm brains.

I refuse to coddle the anti-social, unskilled and uninitiated.

To those that have followed me throughout timespace, my models of reality are as provable as gravity.
>>
>>18978282
It's most likely fucked up there too. You'll be dead soon enough nigger. Better to take your time and learn what you can in the hopes it transfers over.
>>
>>18985740
"impossible"
man you don't sound suicidal, you sound like a candyass lil bitch lad

you really should kill yourself
>>
Heard if you commit suicide you reincarnate as a tree.
>>
>>18978282
You just cease to exist. There's nothing.
I think that's great actually.
I also think a lot about killing myself. But, don't do it OP. Life is shit. But lets try to enjoy ii while it lasts. We have infinite nothingness ahead of us.
>>
>>18978282
It's just like before you were born. It's also just like after you were born, just like right now.
You don't cease to exist anon, you never were in the first place.
>>
>>18980741
Just because its designed that way doesn't mean I appreciate it. Consciousness is absolutely terrifying.
>>
>>18985922
The main problem is you're way too hung up about youthfulness, primarily that even if you did get "those years" back, it would probably be disappointing. Human beings are easy to obsess about things, but actually are obsessed with the idea, rather than the actual thing yourself.

Your other problem is your unwillingness to let it go. There's never going to be a human that doesn't regret something; nobody is inherently better off than the other. Everyone's got problems, we're all gonna die, let's make the best of it mate.
>>
>>18978282
Honestly as much as I hate to believe in it and earnestly wish it weren't the case, I think there's a good chance there's a hell of unimaginable physical suffering for those of us who aren't right with Christ. So i'd urge you not to kill yourself sincerely. Also, don't put stakes through the hearts of your loved ones. Praying for you.
>>
You'll wake up in a room, where in every, assuming, "wall", there are the moving pictures of your memories. It'll keep on playing til it's over, where you'll feel contented. Then everything suddenly turns dark.

And you wake up as baby! Yahooyahaaaaa!
>>
>>18978282

Depends on the person and their strength of will and intention.
>>
>>18986725

Reincarnation sounds terrible, I don't know why people keep pushing this meme
>>
>>18978282
Who knows? Maybe nothing at all.
>>
>>18987643

The first step is "lol it's over and then it's like all black like and like... nothing... like".

Slightly more credit is reincarnation.

The highly intellectual understand heaven, hell, NPC and players, server wipes and restarts.

It becomes so obvious.

It's all in the name of understanding how to fuck good.
>>
>>18978282
U merge with the universe but then u realize that being everything is boring and u shatter yourself into a million pieces and this eventually leads you back to the same moment you are in right now, where you are choosing whether to kill yourself or not. If you decide to kill yourself again the same thing just happens again, until you decide not to and then the story proceeds.
>>
Hey Anon, please don't kill yourself. Even though you may feel suicidal today, that may change over time. I probably don't understand the despair you are going through, but there is always a way out. Please remember that you are being loved, there are people who care about you and would be devastated if you'd die.
I hope this article will help you out:
https://www.helpguide.org/articles/suicide-prevention/suicide-help-dealing-with-your-suicidal-thoughts-and-feelings.htm
And if you live in the US, this page will help you find a suicide hotline:
www.suicide.org/suicide-hotlines.html
Strength,
Anon
>>
>>18982032
>Remember times before you were born?
Some people do, yes.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Past_life_regression
>>
It's like those dreams you don't remember but the second before actually dying I'd think is much more important
>>
>>18978282
>>18987711

I think the Earth has sufficient evidence for E.T influence on us. Usually through religious texts, or Sudden spikes in human intelligence These religions talk about a kingdom above us as a general rule. They all make a point at least once or twice U.F.O sightings are skyrocketing. Bhudda and Jesus found some kind of Inner Wisdom after a long period of meditation removed from civilization. I believe that we are in the process as a species of being uplifted, some form of ascension or technological leap. That this "Space Kingdom" is so ancient, it could be compared to a Kingdom of Heaven in Mythology. I believe they probably created us from a much less developed species than what we are now. Most likely through genetic engineering.
>>
>>18988189
I believe they are ascended enough that when we die, we don't die. We are uplifted to a higher dimension of understanding.
>>
>>18988192
>Inb4 whats the point

They aren't human. If you played Galactic Civ or Stellaris. You know that species can be geared towards violence or pacifism. Some are probably drawn to benevolence and spreading knowledge. We just got really cosmological lucky.
>>
I'm not a regular anon on this board but I've been grappling with this issue of the afterlife for the past few weeks now. It's a bit morbid, I'm 24 and I can't stop thinking about it no matter what I do.

I'm sure everyone has that moment in their lives, I want to believe it's not just me but hopefully in the next 100 years or so we'll have the answers and hopefully the answers are more hopeful than what modern science is telling me.

In regards to the whole nothingness hypothesis, it bugs me, I don't know the feeling of nothingness outside of a surgery I had last year but if that's the feeling you have when you die, what's stopping any of us from thinking we're all already dead? Just upsets me that everyone I know, my parents and all my relatives will experience this 'nothingness' when they die as if all their life didn't really matter in the end.

I want to believe in the theory of the afterlife, that there is a place where many of us will go to when our physical bodies finally pass, it can't just be a coincidence that we're the only planet in the solar system to have such advanced life, like you and me. Maybe when we pass on, we'll wake up in another body on a whole different plain of existence and make the journey home billions of light years away. It's scifi nonsense but I'm trying really hard to make sense of this life at the moment, I really don't want my parents to die on me, I don't think they'll pass for another 50 years with the progress of modern medicine but I definitely will try to be a better person to make them proud.
>>
>>18978282
i'm planning to just walk around as a ghost
>>
>>18986651
>The main problem is you're way too hung up about youthfulness, primarily that even if you did get "those years" back, it would probably be disappointing.
You don't fucking know that.

>Your other problem is your unwillingness to let it go. There's never going to be a human that doesn't regret something; nobody is inherently better off than the other. Everyone's got problems, we're all gonna die, let's make the best of it mate.
Fuck you. I shouldn't have to "let it go" in the first place, and there's no "making the best of" a life that's only going to get worse and worse, while I'll always have this huge void that I'll never be able to fill.

Your argument is "Everyone has regrets, so it's okay that you were robbed of an entire vital period of you life and will always feel incomplete." No. Fuck you. This is far, FAR beyond normal human regrets. Normal regrets are "I wish I'd fucked that one girl." What I have is "I never got to fuck anyone because of a bunch of shit that wasn't my fault, and now I'll never feel right or complete."

I'm tired of people telling me I'm wrong for feeling this way. Maybe I would have been able to fix some shit if I didn't have to fight fucking everyone just to convince them not to dismiss what I felt.

Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>18978378
I killed myself in 2012 by running my car off a cliff at about 150 km/h and woke up while they were finishing up some stitches on my arm.

I vividly remember getting my head smashed on a window and feeling my throat flooding with blood.
I woke up with 2 minor cuts on my hand and arm that had to be stitched and a light sprain in my knee.
>>
>>18978282
you'll face the demiurge and fight it
>>
>>18978282
You'll become a tree for harpees and have to live with sorrow and pain forever
>>
File: Ahriman as Evil Eye.png (156KB, 511x372px) Image search: [Google]
Ahriman as Evil Eye.png
156KB, 511x372px
>>18980688
Why do you people do this...
You just sit there and willingly want people to suffer at the hands of your thoughts. You're really mean-spirited.
>>
>>18989234
>Sorry and Pain
Check

Huh.. well all I need now are the harpies and the whole being a tree thing. Well at least my spine will be straight for once. Go stuff your cruelty into some nice art or something.
>>
>>18980224
>so long as you don't spoil the mystery of who you are.

Not sure what you mean.
Who can someone be?
A famous past character?
Are you actually someone?
Aren't you, the way you are, on any body?
>>
>>18985922
you care too much for mundane trash, anon.

try caring less, or rather not care at all.

we all age
we all die
its just nature

good luck to you anon, if you do go through with it, i hope for your sake that its fast, and mostly painless.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1494310332914.jpg (22KB, 720x522px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1494310332914.jpg
22KB, 720x522px
>>18978282
I don't think death gonna be the end senpai, I don't think this voice in our head will ever stop maybe It'll just transfer from our human form to another, it just doesn't make sense how we are thrown into this world which has been developing for million years just to percept it for a while, I think we will have to suffer this a forever more
>>
We merge back into God.

Whether we come back, and how, is entirely based on God's will. I honestly don't think that sitting around and singing God's praises with the great martyrs and saints is really the optimal use of my time, so I prefer to come back.

Before you go, and you do have a few minutes to spare right? Watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbkJ39xnza8

vaheguru
>>
>>18978282
If you are foolish enough to continue down this hopeless road, here's what will happen.

You will physically die and wake up in the hot side of Hades called Torment. You will be you, with all your memories, and you will be with billions of people, waiting.

You are all waiting for your trial to begin.

Don't get your hopes up. You will stand condemned already because you rejected the only known means of salvation; being born again and being adopted into the family of God by your belief in Christ Jesus being God, and rising from the dead.

Where you are is bad, and you know it's just going to get worse.

When the Great White Throne judgment begins, you'll wait your turn in line. When you are finally before Jesus, the Book of Life will be opened, and they will look for your name. It will not be there.

Then they will open the books of your life, and give you the trial you demanded from God. The trial to show that you are as He is, perfect in every way, and powerful enough to create universes.

You will obviously fail this trial, be found guilty of blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, and cast into the lake of fire. Pitch black, alone, screaming, and on fire, where the fire never goes out, and you never die.

This is what you are demanding God do to you, when He actually died to save you from this fate.

While you yet live, there is time to change your mind, admit to God you are not as He is, confess that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the living God, and believe in your heart God raised Him from the dead.

Do this, and your entrance into the afterlife will be the exact opposite of the above.
>>
>>18989948
The blind leading the blind, with both men falling into the abyss.
>>
What if after you die you get to go anywhere in the universe and just watch stuff but you couldn't interact with anything just watch. And then at the end of time the universe just starts over again and then you get another life and it just loops over and over.
>>
>>18989091
>tfw gonna be doing shotgun to brain soon

Surely there is no way I can live, right?
>>
Imagine this, your human consciousness dissipates and your residual self is experiencing death as a state of being something more than human. Your human self dies yet you remain alive in some form or shape, you are no longer aware that you are human and any resemblance either physically or psychologically is completely erased.
>>
>>18978282
its nothingness.

I've died twice in the hospital, and resuscitated and it was nothing. just nothing. I wish that i could have seen something to give me hope, but honestly even in my edgiest of edge-lord teenage years I was terrified of that void.

any life is better than that dude.
>>
>>18978282
you die and thats it, like you never existed, no soul, no afterlife just nothingness
>>
>>18990006
seems like such a pointless formality. Wonder what a supposedly infinite and perfect being would need of that.
>>
>>18990006
I wonder what kind of mental state connected to low IQ must this be, to believe in this when youre grown up.
I get it anon, its scary af. I was raised christian too, read both old and new testaments but when I gor to 6th grade, I started to think about all these things on my own and started questioning the relegion teachers in school and priest in church to the point when they couldnt give me satisfactory answers at all.
Then I did a lot of research about religions, because I realized I shouldnt be defined by one just because I was born in christian nation.

The truth is that the christianity as church is the biggest mind control of people on Earth and it has literallynalmost nothing in common with original teachings of Jesus. In fact it is a glued up mix of many ancient religions and beliefs, so that every ancient savage could relate to it at least a bit.

If you want salvation, practice self awareness, meditate and get to know yourself above all. There you will find God youre looking for and its not some old longhaired dude in whire habit chillin on cloud checking on all the people on earth and totally listening to you when you pray b4 sleep.

And repeating prayers and listening to priests know-how on how to get to heaven is the worst thing you can do, believe me.
Getting to Nirvana is far more difficult than being a good follower. They just made it simple so masses will follow. If theyd teach the real deal, almost nobody would give in because it requires years and years of everyday practice with your own being. You gotta beat things like your ego and self narcissism, which is impossible for most, nowdays more than ever.
>>
>>18978585
Crossing my fingers to be reborn as a hot anime babe plz
>>
>>18991289
THIS
>>
>>18978282
If u kill yourself you will stay here with the fags and demons
>>
>>18978792
Thinking about it now, had a similar experience except it might've been limbo where it was very primal and mathematical like the origins of life in a pond. My interpretation was I had gone astray and was a way of seeing the truth as an opportunity to do good
>>
>>18991052
You're just going to jump to another reality where either you didn't do it or survived somehow.
>>
>>18991254
The person you're replying to is perfectly fine with all those seemingly negative drawbacks you've mentioned. He enjoys gratification from believing that billions of people ere consigned to torment while he'll belong to a tiny elite group that is spared their horrible fate. In that light it should make more sense why people of his spiritual persuasion always seem to vote for republicans- with their demonstrated tendencies to mistreat poor people, minorities, gays, and other disadvantaged groups, in favor of a privileged elect who actually get to reap their benefits of their stingy fiscal policies.
>>
>>18978282
I believe in the multiverse theory so given that I think if you were to off yourself you get taken to another dimension where you don't kill yourself or whatever your means of death and life resumes, but in the universe where you cease to exist carries out as if you died. Hence shit like Mandela effects, deja vú, etc.
>>
>>18991638
Yeah I'm pretty sure I've died at least once or twice over my life but somehow I've never ended up in the hospital for things that have happened, but once I swear I had fallen asleep at the wheel and hit a tractor trailer truck and died from it.
>>
>>18991653
I also distinctly remember a car accident I was in. I was in 3rd grade all I remember about the accident was riding to school and then I get hit from a cross street then I wake up. Ready to go to school the "next day" of course I didn't instantly recall this happening, but I know it did.
>>
>>18980731
why would a god give someone something that would make them want to kill themselves only to punish them once they give in? that sounds pretty evil to me, but yet you say that that god is all good?
>>
>>18978282
Well, brain death is like nothingness lights out. no recollection of time passing or dreams. I think before death your brain lets off a lot of shit. From personal experience i've had my perception of time messed with, so i think with that amplified a person dying would have a while to come to terms with it, and by the time it's lights out they'd be off their tits high. So then it's the nothingness part. I want to say the 'consciousness' part goes somewhere, but this literally gets turned off like a switch and back on again during surgery and no recollection of anything. So i guess it's that. nothing, you won't even know it's nothing. you could be switched on again in a million years and it'd be like nothing happened.

So i'll go with nothing.
>>
>>18991638

I'm beginning to lean this way as well. Quantum Physicks is weird man
>>
>>18991653
Kek sounds exactlty like me bro. Fell asleep right after getting off highway and ran under tractor trailer. Dunno how i didnt die. Was fine. Worked the next day lol post ur email if ur story similar we can compare. Not often u hear about ppl falling asleep and running into tractor trailers. Inb4 we are same person

J-jacob dat you
>>
>>18983919
what happens if you correct all the mistakes?
>>
>>18983852
It can stop existing, quite easily in fact. While information is eternal, an observer of information is not. The same is true with objective facts we don't know about.
Just because we don't know it exist, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. We didn't always know bacteria existed, nor did we understand it. But now we do, and we know it has existed for many years before we even thought it might have existed.
Bacteria didn't need us to know about it in order to exist. It simply did. The same is true with objective information and fact.
>>
To all the people who believe in higher planes of existences.
Why is it they have so little concrete interaction with this one? Why isn't higher consciousness "common sense" in the same way people know things fall down if it's something every person goes through?
Though I guess you could argue that we do have a "common sense" in that manner as most human societies have the idea of an afterlife, but that could be attributed to humans not being able to comprehend non-existence. Humans had trouble with basic math before it was standardized, after all.
>>
>>18978282
I wish I could say what I think happens, but I find myself unable to decide either way. I've looked at a lot of stuff about NDEs, remote viewing, and other things that suggest consciousness is non-physical, and there does seem to be some good evidence there, but I can't bring myself to fully believe it. On the other hand, I really, really don't like the smug atheists who say that not only is there not an afterlife, it's GOOD that there isn't one, and if you believe in an afterlife or want there to be one, you're either stupid, childish, or both. Even in the past, when I was totally sure there was nothing after death, I never called myself an atheist, because I don't want to identify with those people. If someone thinks the evidence points to atheism, then I guess I can understand that, but people shouldn't *want* atheism to be true.
>>
Reincarnation, not what the Hindu believe, just you die you deal with Death himself for a bit fill out some paper work then you get in a line to be born again if you want, or you can go to the after life you want. Only time its not really up to you is if you did some cosmically bad shit or something like that
>>
>>18978282
Wow this is depressing Op. even the second and third time seeing it. Stay with us m8.
>>
>>18992675
Maybe, you need to see it with your own eyes. So to speak. You will.
>>
>>18978282
The hell or heaven you've nurtured inside you all your life becomes manifested. Hell is just you punishing yourself for how far you fell short of your true spiritual essence
>>
>>18992675
ive heard some atheists say things like "anything that lasts forever is pretty much hell" but other than that i dont know why anyone would say no afterlife would be good
>>
>>18978282
>I am going to commit suicide

You did it yet ? Your God will be pretty pissed if you do
>>
Well first off, don't do it. Its not worth it.

Secondly, I don't believe you just stop existing. I believe there is life afterwards to serve as a judgement. Does Suicide send people to Hell? I'm not entirely sure, I haven't researched what the Bible says on the matter, but there are many individuals that do not believe so. However, having said that, don't try and find out. If you end up there, you're stuck forever.
>>
Depends on your beliefs and your energy levels at the time of death.

Stop thinking things happen to you because of external factors.
>>
>>18978282
Something absurd
>>
>>18978282
Dont do that not smart lifes full of awesome shit and beautiful people and sceneries. Go travel the worldd and go to a bar or a nice cabin in the woods or a beach just dont hurt yourself. Noone would wanna see that happen to anyone ever.
>>
>>18994463
>Well first off, don't do it. Its not worth it.
How would you know?
>>
>>18994735
God I hope so
Something unexpected in a nice and wacky way would be refreshing
>>
File: FB_IMG_1494375443642.jpg (151KB, 728x1011px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1494375443642.jpg
151KB, 728x1011px
>>18978282
You must pass through many lives, not at the same time, of course, but each one of them will teach you something you need in your next journey, maybe in the past, or many years in the future, the time does not flow in a linear way.
You will repeat the cycle of life until your mind reach a higher state of consciousness. Only then, you'll become one with the Universe.

That's the reason i think commit suicide is just stupid, we're here to learn and enjoy. But if you feel your time on this earth it's over, i'm not going to stop you, go ahead and good luck.
>>
It's as if you were never born. I guess I'd phrase it as 'your consciousness stops existing'
>>
>>18978379
So Dante Alighieri was right after all
>>
>>18980779
Thanks SENPAI. I want a 'thanks for playing' message from god when I die just like my gay videogames
>>
We reincarnate in a random, alternate dimension as another sapient entity.

World could be exactly the same as ours, or it could be swarming with flying spiders. I don't fucking know.
>>
>>18978282
your body will became a tree, and it will be stripped by crows until the Judgment days. Then, your soul will appear before god separate from his body, and the torture will continue from eternity.

IE: DO NOT COMMIT SUICIDE IT'S NOT FUCKING WORTH
>>
>>18978282
Do it faggot
>>
>>18978282
Literally nothing.
>>
Reincarnation isnt possible with pour concept of things Just think, when you give birth to children, and give birth too, you créateur new entities, cause there are more humains than before, so everyone cant reincarnate.Or maybe perhaps some things dont existe.Perhaps all of this is an absurd scene : everything you dont know/sée/hear doesnt existe and is created by something.Maybe I dont existe, who knows
>>
Before going through with it you should at least skim through the Tibetan book of life, aka book of the dead. or listen to the audio book on youtube. they believe that when you die you enter a stage called the bardos, or the in between. basically says that there is reincarnation but how we reincarnate is entirely up to us, IF we're conscious enough to pick a path. if not, then the bardos is like a dream and our ego picks our path for us which is more than not an exact duplicate of the life we just left. they go into detail on how to pick a path and what to look for but if you go through suicide, the ego is intense, it would be worth the effort to practice awareness and being in the moment first or else you'll end up in the same situation, asking the same question, with the same outcome, over and over until you destroy the ego that's using your consciousness for you
>>
>>18978282
>Before going through with it you should at least skim through the Tibetan book of life, aka book of the dead. or listen to the audio book on youtube. they believe that when you die you enter a stage called the bardos, or the in between. basically says that there is reincarnation but how we reincarnate is entirely up to us, IF we're conscious enough to pick a path. if not, then the bardos is like a dream and our ego picks our path for us which is more than not an exact duplicate of the life we just left. they go into detail on how to pick a path and what to look for but if you go through suicide, the ego is intense, it would be worth the effort to practice awareness and being in the moment first or else you'll end up in the same situation, asking the same question, with the same outcome, over and over until you destroy the ego that's using your consciousness for you
>>
>>18978282
Do heavy psychedelics lol
>>
>>18978282
You are born again. A cycle of eternal return.
>>
>>18978317
I second that.
>>
>>18978412
I definitely second that.
>>
>>18978394
If you can imagine nothing isn't that something?
>>
>>18978504
Shut the fuck up. It's his decision people would be selfish to prolong his suffering.
>>
>>18978525
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Respect
>>
>>18978550
Yeah whatever
>>
>>18978560
Shut the fuck up
>>
>>18978676
Lol
>>
>>18978664

>There are no spiders in England
>citation needed
>>
>>18999545

When's the last time you've seen a spider in England? Check mate Atheist
>>
File: Nothingness.jpg (42KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Nothingness.jpg
42KB, 600x450px
>>18978282

I'll be the only one in this entire thread to tell you the actual truth of life after death. Ready anon?

First and foremost, if I haven't gotten to you in time, please don't commit suicide. Here's why;

You have a soul made up of electro-magnetic energy. This soul is your essence and is essentially a limited amount of energy that can be increased, decreased, or entirely depleted.

Your physical body acts as a shelter for this condensed energy, empowering it, feeding it and keeping it from dissipating. Once this connection is severed in death the soul is released from the physical body and enters a area known as the astral which exists in the same space as the physical world, albeit unseen to those who are not clairvoyant.

Your unprotected soul will meet one of three fates.

1.) You will be granted an oppurtunity to reincarnate, although unlikely since you just wasted you last life in suicide. Life is precious and extremely valuable.

2.) Your disembodied soul will wander the astral blind and unseeing and eventually dissipate, your consciousness and everything you ever were or ever will be will fade into non-existence and you will never be recovered. You will never again experience the joy of awareness, nor will you ever BE again.

3.) You will be taken advantage of by entities that patrol and live on the astral. They will feed on your soul until you are depleted and end up in non-existence.
>>
Dearest OP,
I honestly don't know. I come from a religious family, but have not found religion. I can't confirm not denounce the existence of the afterlife, but can give you this: if you complete suicide you leave only wounds, and those will eventually mend. You'll leave nothing behind and will be left as just a memory. It's not about the afterlife, anon. It's about yesterday, today, and tomorrow. You have to leave something great to be remembered by. It's sappy, but you have to be a hero in your own right. If there is a heaven you can go. If there isn't, you've changed the earth and are to be remembered in the best ways.
Don't listen to these /X/fags. Killing yourself is the worst path to take. These mammals here are expressing their discontent with their own lives and are forcing it on you. Don't leave without something great under your belt.
Best wishes, Georgie
>>
>>18978282
Don't commit suicide. If nothing else, /x/ needs and wants you.
>>
>>18978548
I too despise this world. so damn exhausted.
>>
>>18985661

Well the ultimate truth is that wherever you are, YOU CHOSE to be there, on every level. You might think, "shit, I definitely did not choose to have no legs all of a sudden," but oh yes you did, you infinite Creator, you God, you Self that is All Things, yes you did choose it!

Why did you choose it? THAT is the question, not how to get out of it! Why did infinity choose, through you, to generate this superficially terrible situation? Because every situation that afflicts the body is superficial. Everything in existence REVOLVES AROUND demonstrating Love to its fullest extent - that is, infinity.
>>
>>19000249
>2.) Your disembodied soul will wander the astral blind and unseeing and eventually dissipate, your consciousness and everything you ever were or ever will be will fade into non-existence and you will never be recovered. You will never again experience the joy of awareness, nor will you ever BE again.
>3.) You will be taken advantage of by entities that patrol and live on the astral. They will feed on your soul until you are depleted and end up in non-existence.

I'd take these in a heartbeat. If a genie were to grant me one wish it wouldn't be on something like world peace, being the richest man or being superman, it would simply be a wish to have never existed in the first place.
>>
I feel like our life is a test to how our next life will go

end the game early and there's going to be consequences OP
>>
>>18978282
what was life like before you existed?
thats how it will be after you do not.
n
>>
>>18978282
The same be4 you were born. Nothing.
>>
>>18989318
>you care too much for mundane trash, anon.
My very identity is not fucking "mundane trash".

>try caring less, or rather not care at all.
You could say that to fucking anyone.

What fucking problem would I have to have in order for people to not just fucking dismiss it with "Everyone has problems, man!"

You're no better than >>18986651.
>>
>>18991628
And ironically enough, people with that mindset are far more deserving of punishment than those they condemn. Though I still believe that no one deserves eternal punishment like Hell.

>>18991687
You're right. It is evil, and it makes no sense whatsoever. The entire idea of eternal punishment for things you did in a mere human lifetime is ridiculous.

I haven't done a lot of research on this, but I remember hearing once that the whole idea of Hell was only created after people starting killing themselves in large numbers, because they were getting relentlessly shit on by the elites and they figured "Why bother putting up with this when there's a better world waiting for me?" So they started telling people that suicide was an unforgivable sin, that they'd be sent to Hell for it, and that they could only earn a place in Heaven by enduring the suffering imposed on them in life. And by obeying the elites, of course.
>>
>>18991850
I think the most common explanation would be that being unaware of the higher dimensions and so forth is part of the point of living a physical life. Removing that limitation would defeat the purpose of incarnating into the physical world.

From what I've read about this, it sounds like the idea is that life on Earth is like a video game, where we make different characters to play out different scenarios. In that context, the "common sense" understanding you're referring to would be the equivalent of playing with cheat codes.
>>
Oi ausfag here,
Don't! you are an absolute sick cunt if you wanna be! Go get your life in line! Get a job, get a girl! Go out make friends. Don't just end your life that fucking pussying life. Grow some fucking balls and live the life you were given or else I'll fuck suplex a great white into a barbie on Ullarru! Legit cunt here me out aye!
>>
File: 1409986958948.jpg (2MB, 2048x1382px) Image search: [Google]
1409986958948.jpg
2MB, 2048x1382px
>>18978282
Killing yourself is blasphemy against God. Blasphemy is the worse Sin. Sin gets you in a worse spot when you immediately reincarnate.
>>
Don't do it OP. If your really feeling so bad then there is always the option of going off the grid / starting a new life somwhere else.
>>
"Endless Dreamless Sleep"
>>
>>19000249
>You will be taken advantage of by entities that patrol and live on the astral. They will feed on your soul until you are depleted and end up in non-existence.
So there are evil beings who will feed on your soul and destroy you, but no good beings to intercept tortured souls before they get hopelessly lost or get preyed upon? Are we living in the WH40K universe?
>>
>>19000463
Then I assume that if a person decides they don't want to suffer through it anymore, they have every right to leave that life in advance via suicide? After all, when they chose to have that stuff happen, they must have also known that it might lead to them killing themselves, and been okay with that possibility.

>>19001019
>there is always the option of going off the grid / starting a new life somwhere else.
No, there isn't.
>>
>>18978282
There's math proof the universe will just reverse in time cyclically from big bang to end of universe like that one episode of Red Dwarf
So you will just relive your life and kys in reverse, and then again, and again, and again etc.
>>
File: 1494078844109.jpg (71KB, 789x622px) Image search: [Google]
1494078844109.jpg
71KB, 789x622px
>>18996257
>>
>>19001598
There are humans willing to help others in need. There are humans who are willing to prey on others who are vulnerable. is it really so hars to believe such encounters could also exist in the after life.

>Is this the warhammer universe?

Most fiction pulls from aspects of reality.
>>
>>19001937
>There are humans willing to help others in need. There are humans who are willing to prey on others who are vulnerable. is it really so hars to believe such encounters could also exist in the after life.
But you also seem to be implying that the second group vastly outnumbers the first, to the point that the possibility of encountering the helpful ones is so remote that you don't include it in your description of the fate of suicides. I would have expected the afterlife to be better administrated than that. Where are the non-humans? The more evolved beings who would be above preying on others and would likely have the accumulated knowledge/power to drive the predators off?

You also didn't explain why exactly suicides are more vulnerable than anyone else who dies, other than to say they'll be denied the right to reincarnate because apparently whoever's in charge of that is a judgemental bastard who will show you no compassion or empathy and will instead leave you at the mercy of the predators.
>>
>>18978282
I'm a catholic and yeah ppl don't have to believe this or not but like yeah please don't kill yourself. In my religion suicide is a mortal sin and from the account of a saint mystic Saint Catherine enmerich, she had an angel visit her and allowed her through the grace of god to visit heaven, purgatory and hell. And when she descended to hell there was a very murky place (very cold but a hot cold if that makes any sense) specifically for those that commit suicide. She claims that those that ended their life prematurely before their natural end actually wait in that place until your intended death and then you get dragged to a fiery depth of darkness where you will stay for eternity. So basically this limbo place you stay until your pulled to hell you'll get to see the faces and reactions from all your family, acquaintances, friends or pretty much anyone you were in contact with and see how they have dealt with your death haunting you. It's a very anxious place very terrible how she described it.

So if this means anything I wouldn't do it just if there's a slight possibility of that actually happening. It's a very frightening thing to go through and Iike seeing your mom or dad crying over you while you wait there. Idk man, don't do it. Not worth it and like maybe if things are so shitty now try to make the most of a shitty situation? Travel, eat something exotic, take up an instrument idk there's more to life.
>>
>>18978792
>hurr durr I take hallucinations as fact
Out of all drugs this is why I don't do psychedelics.
You've all deluded yourselves.
>>
>>19000186
>I think he means venomous spiders. Make a good point
>>
>>18980648
Dude even if you did the most atrocious things and then converted afterwards you still have to pay for every single death you commited. You don't go to heaven you go to purgatory which is basically hell but not for eternity.
God is just and no sin goes unpayed so yeah that's not really how it works even though that's what most christians think. They think that everything is all good as long as your "saved" but being saved is not a one time event and your good for life, it's a constant battle every living day.

Some fake christians have gone to hell desu
>>
>>19002050
>Dude even if you did the most atrocious things and then converted afterwards you still have to pay for every single death you commited. You don't go to heaven you go to purgatory which is basically hell but not for eternity.
Yet apparently it's worse to be a person who didn't hurt anyone but became overwhelmed by their own suffering and killed themselves, because those people *do* get sent to permanent hell.
>>
What if you want to kill yourself to get closer to God?
>>
File: 1494556351079.png (156KB, 700x680px) Image search: [Google]
1494556351079.png
156KB, 700x680px
>>18980441

You know what else is a mock to God? cartoons,I am roasted either way.
>>
>>18978282
rebirth now kys faggot
>>
File: 1494351592596.jpg (127KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
1494351592596.jpg
127KB, 500x501px
Everybody is going to Hell until proven innocent.
>>
>>18978282
I might be super late to the party but hey.
Anon first of all, don't take the easy way out, this coming from a fag that's been under loads of times, pondered killing himself because he felt like he couldn't do a single fucking shit, but still i keep going. Just do your best to keep your chin up senpai.

But anyways, call me a normie or whatever but to be fair i just go with the whole Astral thing. You die, you go to the Astral where you stay however long you want till you decide to come back to earth, if you do want.

Again, this depends on each person's views but hey. Keep your head up anon, don't end your life prematurely.
>>
Spirit meets Source. Spirit and Source decide which vassal you will learn from in the next lifetime. If youve reached enlightenment then there is no need for you to learn more.
>>
>>19002085
I personally don't think its worse than an actual murderer or rapist. Its actually a lot more complicated than that. I don't have all the right answers but basically the reason why suicide is wrong is that you are putting your will over god's. Because god has a plan for each individual person, a purpose and some meaning, some people haven't realized or never will or choose to reject it (it's never too late to have this realization).

When you commit suicide you basically decide, "hey god i have decided that my life is worthless and instead of living my life to it's natural end, i'm going to end it sooner than you originally planned" thus deeming your judgement better than his.

now this can vary and it depends on certain situations like people that have lived a miserable life like abused or sold into sex slavery, torture, etc. God has a merciful heart to those in massive pain and i believe in those instances those people don't go to hell but purgatory. But if you have a moderately decent life (meaning you can support and fufill basic human needs like food, shelter, etc) but decide not to try to better yourself in spite (now everyone's situation is different and complicated I am in no way belittling or minimizing anyone's pain even if they live a good life) but in god's eyes, you must strive even in the face of absolute shit life.

I hope this makes sense and helps.
>>
>>19002177
/thread
>>
>>19002099
The Ones like us who wish to be closer to God are free to die and come back to the land of the living in the same life, as Jesus did in the resurrection. We die and we come back. We are the real living dead. But it won't necessarily be a zombie apocalypse that we create. It will be more akin to a zombie utopia, or Heaven on Earth.
>>
>>19002383
I've never heard that theory before? Did you find it somewhere? Also if we come back living the same life, what's the point of dying?
>>
>>19002177
Learn what jackass? Even in high school, you were forced to do homework even after learning the lesson. You act like the universe gives a fuck about anything.
>>
Please don't do it. There is always hope as long as you keep living, no matter how bleak things seem.
>>
>>18978282
Before we are born, we make plans on what we want to learn in this life-time, and we make contracts with other souls who we have wronged to pay back karma. Committing suicide early ruins all of these plan and you have to come back and live the same life with the same people all over again, except this time, it's a little bit harder because you have more karma to pay back.

There are souls who want to learn what it feels like to have a someone close to them commit suicide, so on the spirit side, someone may volunteer to be your son for the purpose of killing himself early for your experience. Others who have lived many privilege lives, may want to experience what it's like to be so despondent, that suicide is an option.
>>
>>18978282
Permanent DMT trip sends you to what you truly deserve in the afterlife, whether food or bad
>>
File: matrix5[1].jpg (52KB, 844x350px) Image search: [Google]
matrix5[1].jpg
52KB, 844x350px
While it's mostly wishful thinking, this story is one of my favorite after-life ideas.

http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/An_Egg
>>
>>18978332
This. When (you) die, (you) ceases to exist except in the memory of others. But your hour-glass will be broken.
>>
>>19003820

It amazes me that something like this isn't a tenet of any major religion. It seems like such a natural extension of the concept of reincarnation.
>>
>>18978742
Dang I hope grandpa likes trap porn :(
>>
>>19003820
Wow.
>>
>>18978282
First you go into some other dimension. You are some sort of orb. You can communicate with other orbs instantly and they can know pretty much everything about you right away and vice versa. There's no privacy but there's no need for it. Then Reincarnation. Only into another human. Life is a growing process for whatever these orb things are.

I think there is also the possibility that you can be trapped by your own mind in a much worse place. It'd be up to you to leave that place. Not sure on that last bit bc I've never seen or been there
>>
>>18981273
>your consciousness is tied completely to your brain

Not true. Babies who are born without a brain and still exhibit emotions and conscience feelings do exist. Even if only in small numbers, the fact this is even possible throws what we know into question
>>
>>18981343
I can dig this.
>>
Nothing happens. Think of before you were born. It's like that
>>
>>18981366
Just had this thought bc of your post...I'll let you decipher it.

>born
Life
>death
Life
>born

This process goes on ad infinium. Born then you live 72 years, die and live another 72 in the dream world, born once again unto Earth with a new life. Reincarnation, but not as instantaneous as most say. You spend an equal amount of time dead as you lived. If you die at 22, you get 22 years of dreams/cosmic meditation to look back on your life and whatever else you can dream up Then bam you are born right back into a new body, not chosen randomly but reflecting your overall kharma.
>>
>>19002289
No God worth trusting, let alone worshipping, would ever send *anyone* to a place of eternal torture. If he would, then he's not God, he's Zeus. He's the magic man in the sky that atheists like to rail against, who demands obedience by threatening horrible suffering to those who don't comply. He's no different from any of Earth's tyrants.
>>
>>18983111
God never abandoned you. You abandoned yourself, either in this life or the last. It's up to you to see your circumstance as a lesson in humility, or squander in your own self pity. God will keep taking more away from you until you learn what you need to learn. Don't wait until the next life to learn: it could be even worse than this one
>>
>>18983852
I've had dreams that corroborate this. Te fact that you can close your eyes for 8 hours straight and see things during those 8 hours clear as day to me says you don't need eyes to see outside of this dimension. If I lost my eye tomorrow I wouldn't see a thing, until I went to sleep and dreamt of seeing again. It's all in the mind
>>
>>19003831
>When (you) die, (you) ceases to exist except in the memory of others.
So in other words, you cease to exist. This "living in the memory of others" shit is fucking stupid. Symbolic immortality is asinine.

>>19003905
And then there's terminal lucidity, where people whose brains are destroyed by Alzheimer's suddenly become completely coherent, which science would say is impossible.

I also remember reading about someone who had almost no brain, but normal consciousness, and normal intelligence.

>>19003955
>God will keep taking more away from you until you learn what you need to learn.
Shouldn't God be smart enough to realize that that will only make it *less* likely that he'll "learn what he needs to learn" instead of becoming increasingly overwhelmed and paralyzed by the torments of his life?

Abusing someone doesn't make them a better person. It makes them a scared, angry, bitter, depressed person who's likely to go on to abuse others. All a person would learn from God's continued abuse is that God really is against them. But what does that matter to God, right? God knows the person can't fight back. Your God sounds like a sadistic fucking coward.
>>
>>19003977
>This "living in the memory of others" shit is fucking stupid.
Whatever you say lad. It's your world.
>>
>>18985922
>I can't become a teenager again and have a youthful, adventurous, energetic sex life.

22 y/o with great sex life multiple partners, 3somes etc. You aren't missing much man. If I had to choose between sex everyday with sloots or wait 1 year no sex for a good relationship gf, I would wait a year. In one year you can get in good enough shape to attract at least one woman on this planet, no matter how bad of shape you are in.

Idk how old you really are man or how ugly you are, or what race, but I can tell you there is a slut out there willing to fuck you. May not be a young hot American slut, but old Asian pussy is better than none. Also you should look into hiring a prostitute like once every few months to help you out.

You need to get lust out of your head by experiencing it. Maybe ugly chicks on tinder who can give you head?
>>
>>18988068
>how to fuck good.

This game would sell like hotcakes desu
>>
>>18994735
You are woken up and asked to leave the theater so the next group come in and watch the movie.
>>
>>18997128
Obvious alienfag is obvious
>>
>>19001832
We'll bang later, ok?
>>
>>19003977
I should refine my point then. I shouldn't say he takes more away, in an abusive sort of way. I should say he will simplify the lesson, refine it and let you try again on a simpler setting. Since this guy is having sex problems, he may come back as a man who can get laid easily, but never have a meaningful relationship, sort of an inverse of his current life. His subconscious will have held on to his past life's belief that he just needed to fuck on some bitches more to be happy. Now that he has achieved this, he can start to learn that maybe just fucking thru your 20s isn't the final boss.
>>
I'm supposed to believe that I will either go to hell or heaven. But I can't say I truly know. I've been told of witnesses that have died and come back to life with testimonies. Hey, who knows? When you kill yourself, just make sure you are mentally prepared to face the worst of the worst. And make the best of it. But if you wind up somewhere nice, then be glad you went early. Bye!
>>
>>18978334
>changing maybe a few things in your reality
That's all I'd need.
>>
>>19004102
Well, at least you acknowledge that maybe he *does* need to experience the sex life he wants, and that *then* he might decide other things are more important, instead of just dismissing what he feels and telling him to take your word for it that it isn't as important as he thinks it is.

>>19004011
This is like telling a starving man "American here, can easily get as much of any food as I want, cheaply, quickly, etc. You're not missing much."
>>
You will be reborn as a marijuana plant.
>>
>>19004842
>This is like telling a starving man "American here, can easily get as much of any food as I want, cheaply, quickly, etc. You're not missing much."
Followed by "You just need the experience of eating any one thing, no matter what it is. Maybe you could go eat some literal shit? I'm sure you could find someone willing to shit into your mouth."
>>
>>19004011
Did you just completely miss the part where he said he'd already heard shit like this before and was fucking tired of it? Or did you just want to take an opportunity for stealth bragging about your sex life?
>>
>>18978371
This, it's the only thing that has any sort of backing
>>
>>19004011
>Idk how old you really are man or how ugly you are
Yet you seem to be assuming he's pretty fucking old, ugly, and fat, considering what you're telling him to settle for.

Honestly, your whole post comes across as really fucking condescending. "Yeah, you're gonna have to fuck ugly girls and cheap prostitutes (who are probably also hideous and have tons of STDs). Oh, and did I mention I'm really young and I have an extremely active sex life, with threesomes and shit, with really hot girls? Yeah, I guess I basically have your ideal life, huh? Haha. Don't worry, though, I'm sure there's one (and probably *only* one) really dumb, really ugly slut out there that you'll be able to convince to fuck you if you put in a lot of effort (even if she'll probably cheat on you with at least ten other guys). No, I'm not mocking or taunting you at all! Honest!"
Thread posts: 335
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.