[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tree of the knowledge of good and evil

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 12

File: 1494107039476.png (48KB, 356x200px) Image search: [Google]
1494107039476.png
48KB, 356x200px
What God did mean when he forbade Adam and Eve from eat the apple of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil?

Why God didn't wanted for Adam and Eve knows what good and evil is?

Is Lucifer the true hero of the story?The one that gave to the sons of God knowledge?

>pic unrelated
>>
>>18977196
Neither the angels nor demons know what good or evil is. Because they don't know what evil is, they can do no evil.
>>
why are you making these suicide bible threads
>>
Knowledge is man's pitfall and virtue. Without knowledge man is pure, for they just exist without concepts, without misery, without evil and good, but they would do what is right, by nature.

There is a reason why most of the eastern philosophies teach mindfulness and letting go of concepts, that to be like a child is the truest way to live, for knowledge builds delusions, and the more knowledge one gains and seeks the more they start to lose sight of what it means to be alive, what it means to simply exist as nature in the human form.

While knowledge is pitfall it is also the virtue, for like we gained negatively in life we can start to see our position better, and learn how to let go, use reason to undo what life, or what we see life as, has done.
>>
>>18977225
So if they don't know what evil is,they don't know what good is too,right?
>>
>>18977247
Right.

They merely operate, no matter what it is they do. They just do without regrets.
>>
File: 1442876773486.jpg (242KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1442876773486.jpg
242KB, 720x960px
>>18977231
best answer youll get
>>
hes not looking for answers. he just wants people who read the bible to kill themselves.
>>
>>18977311
I didn't say that.
>>
File: gurdjeef.jpg (382KB, 776x1001px) Image search: [Google]
gurdjeef.jpg
382KB, 776x1001px
>>18977231
>>
>>18977282
>>18977447

Ok,wtf you guys did mean by this?
>>
>>18977231
This and Western Quaballah are the answers. Also Alchemy my dude.
>>
Oh and by western quaballah I mean Hermetic Quaballah. Eliphas Levi, Dion Fortune and Israel Regardie have great books on this.
>>
File: blinded by the light by gyurka.jpg (26KB, 300x427px) Image search: [Google]
blinded by the light by gyurka.jpg
26KB, 300x427px
>>18977469
>>
>>18977196
Imagine if you had no concept of either

how simple and animalistic life would be.
>>
>>18977196

75:4.3.Eve had consented to participate in the practice of good and evil. Good is the carrying out of the divine plans; sin is a deliberate transgression of the divine will; evil is the misadaptation of plans and the maladjustment of techniques resulting in universe disharmony and planetary confusion.
>>
Adam and Eve, before the Fall, existed in harmony with God, they simply lived and walked with God and they didn't need to question because it simply WAS. The problem when you introduce the dichotomy of good and evil is not just the dichotomy itself but now everything has to be explained. The harmony with God is lost because God's word simply isn't just what is, if it's good it has to be explained why is it good? If something is evil then it has to be explained, why is it evil? Curiosity killed the cat.
>>
>>18977196
The Tree of Knowledge is Duality, it is Consciousness, it is Ethics, it is Sentience. Most importantly, it is RESPONSIBILITY.

A tiger is not the culprit of a crime if it kills and eats. A dog feels no shame in exposing its genitals. They do not have the Knowledge to be responsible. When humans gained this Knowledge, they became the arbiters of their final destination.
>>
>>18977196

IMO the forbidden fruit is a metaphor for freedom. God HAD to forbid Adam and Eve SOMETHING, to give Adam and Eve the ability to disobey God. If God hadn't given them any way to disobey Him, they wouldn't be free, they wouldn't be able to choose between obeying and disobeying.
>>
The Garden was in Dilmum (now Iraq). One of the old ancient civilizations, contemporary and close friend of the mighty Babylon.
One of their core rulings was basically "eugenics for knowledge". Everything they knew was compiled in a sort of library or other well-guarded building. People could access information on a need-to-know basis.
The reasoning behind this is that knowledge corrupts. Without knowing what X drug does, you will never do it. Without knowing about X weapon or method of torture, you will never use it. And so forth.
A group of people, at least two, a man and a woman, teamed up with a high ranking official of Dilmun to open up the knowledge to everyone.
They were successful, but they were cast out into the desert outside Dilmun, all the doors now well guarded by fierce "angels" with "swords of fire". (Depending on how you choose to believe their technology was, this can be accurate or just good ol exageration)
Dilmun would end up getting destroyed for one reason or another.

This story would end up mixed with the Prometheus mythos and distorted over several centuries, ending up with a snake and an apple tree for whatever reason.
>>
File: medicinehuntercaapivine684.jpg (167KB, 684x912px) Image search: [Google]
medicinehuntercaapivine684.jpg
167KB, 684x912px
>>18977196
>Tree of Knowledge

More like the vine of knowledge...
>>
>>18978030
Agreed. Really, it's the only choice of free will they and we have. Choose eternal life in service to God, or choose the responsibility of your actions in the karmic duality of Good and Evil.

The main reason I can't agree with Christianity is that the decisions of people in the dawn of time taint my eternal soul. I don't accept that it was someone else's action that led me here. I prefer to view the tale as metaphor for all of us choosing to put the Self at the center of awareness instead of God. That the snake is what Poe called the "imp of the perverse." The unhealthy side of free will that whispers because we are able, it means we are allowed.
>>
>>18977196
That's rather easy. Knowing what is good and evil is up to God. Human beings are not omniscient, so their decision of what's good and evil has to be flawed from time to time. And that's where human history starts: A long road of flawed decisions, good intentions gone bad and so on. Just because of our exaggerated sense of self worth that makes us think we would be able to ultimately decide what's right or wrong instead of listening to god.
I don't see how anyone could identify the divider as hero in this story.
>>
File: dance.gif (894KB, 281x209px) Image search: [Google]
dance.gif
894KB, 281x209px
>>18977231

This reminds me of a passage in the bible i found somewhere:

"I assure you," He said, "unless you are converted and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven"

Children don't know right from wrong. Good and bad, right and wrong are for the most part subjective. Anyways, in our true nature, nobody really means to do harm for no reason. I learned that from a Tao book i think...

Only once a child learns what society deems right and wrong and gains knxwledge do they get all mixed up. Thats why a child's life and actions are so pure, because they really don't know better or worse.

Yea, like you said, a lot of eastern philsophy seems to be shutting off your mind.

Is a lot of eastern philosophy built from ancient chinese philosophy? If so, this also relates to Wu-Wei in Taoism...which is kinda like going with the flow...effortless action. With this, you are acting ture to your nature and doing no wrong.
>>
File: He's Dead, Lisa. He's Dead.jpg (32KB, 471x349px) Image search: [Google]
He's Dead, Lisa. He's Dead.jpg
32KB, 471x349px
>>18977196
>>pic related
>>
File: SexyNedFlanders2.gif (495KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
SexyNedFlanders2.gif
495KB, 500x375px
>>18978460
>>
File: loving god vengeful god .gif (404KB, 500x330px) Image search: [Google]
loving god vengeful god .gif
404KB, 500x330px
>>18977311
>>
>>18977196
The tree of Knowledge is the part of our brain that process Judgement between the two halves of the brain registering emotionally and logically.
>>
He made us imperfect to control us. After they ate the apple, they became weaker and lost all demi-god status.
>>
File: qliphoth_small.jpg (95KB, 696x799px) Image search: [Google]
qliphoth_small.jpg
95KB, 696x799px
>>18977196
Take a byte
>>
File: don't eat that.jpg (119KB, 500x580px) Image search: [Google]
don't eat that.jpg
119KB, 500x580px
>>18978485
>>18978495
>>
>>18978495

Because when you're so infantile you don't know right from wrong and you're a useless baby you're a demigod...
>>
>>18977196
It carved out a nook in the maelstrom and in order for that nook to sustain itself those who exist in it need to forget the maelstrom and outside influences. Remembering other possibilities creates a destabilizing influence, inviting chaos and change. And if you're in a state of perfection or pseudo-perfection, you probably don't want for it to change, even if you think you do.

Whether or not it was an ultimately good or ultimately bad thing is up to your frame of reference. Do you need to know the truth when you're happy where you are? Does it matter? If you invite external forces into your closed system, can you do it right, and is it worth it if you don't?

I see it as cyclical. Pandora realizes how constrained her reality is, gets curious about what else is possible, opens the box, shit gets fucked up for a long time because she can't control it. She eventually decides it's better to forget it all and go back, the box closes. But then she gets restless and curious again.

Anyway that's just my interpretation, it's probably massively wrong from an actual Christian's standpoint.
>>
>>18977196
The eating of the forbidden fruit it's a metaphor for the genocide of the giants.

We killed the nephilim and took their places and in that act we condemned ourselves.
>>
>>18977541
You'd have no idea of the difference between good and evil, so you'd have no idea if it was good or evil to eat the fruit God told you not to, so eventually you would eat it.

The whole mess is unavoidable.

You can't put imperatives on people who have no idea if it's wrong that they do not follow said imperatives.
>>
it means Yahweh is a deceitful narcissist who blames you and condemns you for something he designed and foresaw would happen.
>>
>>18977196
Late Iron Age anti-drug propaganda. And anti-God propaganda too. Anti-religious shilling. There was a backlash against the psychedelic tradition in India round about the same time Genesis 2ish was written as the priestly classes started annoying the general population with their privilege. So basically the same time as the rise of Buddhism which basically relegated the soma rituals (the path to moksha). You have to remember the empires of the time stretched far and wide; their agendas were not just worked into Jewish traditions. There is solid evidence of Jewish and Hindu numerology and elements of their mysticism having a common, Canaanite origin. Don't want to hijack your thread so if you want to know more, find the Jesus thread.
>>
>>18977196
first off its not a apple its "food" of the tree of knowledge of good and evil. given the region it could be a date or olive that it was suppose to be. dates common in the region and olive branches used as a symbol of peace in the bible

secondly the light bringer is his own side. you think in terms of good and bad. the concept of angels and god are above your tropes. it has next to nothing to do with people and more to do with a fight between themselves. it doesnt start with a crime being committed in the bible just the concept of choice. follow me or him

lucifer represents free will. before the fight they all followed blindly one would assume
>>
>>18977196
Because we didn't eat the fruit from the tree of knowledge of good and evil. Knowledge is experience and information over Time. Think about it.
>>
>>18977196
is not why he forbade it, it's why did he put the tree there in the first place

of you believe some, it's because he planned all of this
God already had angels to be mindless worshipers. the tree, lucifers fall and trick, everything that makes post-Eden life shitty was an INTENTIONAL plan by God
so that when his free will, punished, shit on people still choose to worship him he gets to jerk off to it.
>>
>>18978104
>The Garden was in Dilmum
No. It was in Tabriz, Iran. The bible says very clearly its the place were the four rivers are born.
There is also the pottery trail showing how the modified apes came down from that region to mesopotamia, were the first great civilization took place.
Go watch Rohl's documentary on youtube.
>>
>>18977196
Pic is definitely related. I personally think the serpent showed them the rope.
>>
The trick in Eden was to infect Adam and Eve's biology with the freedom to lie. The freedom to lie only gives you the ability to spread pain and suffering in return for an illusion of control.

Jesus had the freedom to lie, but chose not to because he was like God who only spreads goodness and abundance. That's why he saifpd the truth will set you free. Stop lying and your biology returns to the Adam and Eve state, you don't get sick, don't age, don't feel pain and suffering.

The human biology is so miserable because most people don't want their freedom to lie but society tries to make lying part of your daily existence.

The biology of Man, which God created, was supposed to be free of these demonic receptors. The deception corrupted the biology and it spread.

Creation would not be perfect if God hadn't had the ability to lie included somewhere. He said stay away, they didn't, and Earth has been paying the price ever since.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.