[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am fascinated by Discordianism, the collective unconscious

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

File: robert-anton.jpg (26KB, 720x450px) Image search: [Google]
robert-anton.jpg
26KB, 720x450px
I am fascinated by Discordianism, the collective unconscious and to a lesser extent, what is called Chaos Magick.

I understand the origins of Discordianism and that it was started as a literal joke by Atheists. But the whole thing really opens up a bottomless rabbit hole and I myself am beginning to dragged deeper into it. People have turned into full blown paranoid schizophrenics by indulging in it and I myself have gone through some very strange periods this past 12 months.

I am intrigue by the idea that the Kek/Pepe thing is a Discordian manifestation bought about by the collective, yet unknowing practice of Chaos Magick. Or maybe I really am a paranoid nutcase.

The question I ask is this: Is the collective unconscious, Discordianism and Chaos Magick REALLY occult or esoteric in nature? Or is that certain people are simply wired up to get drawn into such things and find meaning in absolutely anything where there is none?
>>
File: 1492693150273.png (16KB, 241x200px) Image search: [Google]
1492693150273.png
16KB, 241x200px
>>18975578
Good question OP

You should follow your heart. My heart tells me it is real, but not a force we should be playing with at this point in time.

Humanity needs to pick itself up by the scruff of the neck and fix our mess before we dick around and kill ourselves.
>>
>>18975614

I have taken to creating Gods/Goddesses in my mind and letting my imagination run wild most of the time.

The main thing with Discordianism that gets me is that its impossible to tell if Wilson and co were just massively taking the piss or they were being even somewhat serious. I tend to think that it started as a joke but even the creators came to believe heavily in what they created. Its impenetrable
>>
All of that is the same occult concepts that have been present since the dawn of humanity, just given different names. People think they have created a whole new system of magick/beliefs when really all they do is come up with new vocabulary to describe the same things.

As with everything magick/occult/spiritual, it's all about you reading all you can about everything, and then making conclusions on your own. Google is your greatest ally, one that people before it would have commited innumerable, unpardonable sins to have. And now you can carry it in your pocket. Use it to your advantage.

There comes a point where others' opinions, and even where others' facts no longer apply to you. Once you realize that reality is 100% subjective and that your own worldview is as valid as any other is when you can really begin to make progress.
>>
>>18975578
Discordism wasn't an atheists joke..its roots are found the 70's Punk movement The origins are based on psychological studys under the influence of psychedelics. Read Liber Null..^^
>>
>>18975578
if there is anything resembling a collective consciousness, it's nothing more than common psychological and mental patterns embedded in human culture or genes. it's not magic, though one could argue such things to be relevant to the purpose of life and consciousness, which is pretty interesting
>>
>>18976895

Principia Discordia was created on a Xerox machine in 1963
>>
>>18975578
>I understand the origins of Discordianism and that it was started as a literal joke by Atheists. But the whole thing really opens up a bottomless rabbit hole and I myself am beginning to dragged deeper into it. People have turned into full blown paranoid schizophrenics by indulging in it and I myself have gone through some very strange periods this past 12 months.
duh...
that's what all that shit is engineered to do
>>
>>18975578
Hey OP, small chance you'll see this as I'm way late, but:
Been there done that. Here's my take away:
The whole discordian thing is like a zen koan.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/K%C5%8Dan
Very basically, and I'm leaving out a lot of stuff here, it's not about whether or not the pepe kek thing is really supernatural or just weird coincidence, but the important thing (from RAW & Co's perspective) is the struggle and doubt you wrestle with. It's supposed to be liberating, but lots of people get freaked out and paranoid because it seems like there's no way to know for sure. And I guess that's true. There's a reason it's called chapel perilous.

Anyway, people will say that you can "end up paranoid" as if that's your inevitable end state. Probably some do, but also you'll grow and likely be better for the struggle.
>>
>>18977093
Yeah but how do you know?

This is the whole point...it could just as easily be a mystical collective consciousness that looks the same and acts the same as your purported embedded mental patterns or whatever. It's not like we have instruments to measure this stuff
>>
>>18975578
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Wtbkrkk3P8

How can you deny that meme magic is real after watching this
>>
>>18982614
Magic isn't real. If it was the Orlando Magic would at least have one championship.
>>
File: pukara-quitor-lagunas-L-Bz3YCz.jpg (50KB, 593x445px) Image search: [Google]
pukara-quitor-lagunas-L-Bz3YCz.jpg
50KB, 593x445px
>>18975578

Let the verse be like a key.
That opens a thousand doors.
A leaf falls; Something happens flying;
As long as the eyes are created,
And the listener's soul remains trembling.

Invent new worlds and take care of your word;
When the adjective does not give life, it kills.

We are in the cycle of nerves.
The muscle hangs,
As I recall, in museums;
But not so we have less strength:
True vigor
Resides in the head.

Why do you sing the rose, oh poets!
Make it flourish in the poem.

Just for us
All things live under the sun.

The poet is a little God.
>>
Fnord
>>
Praise Kek
https://pepethefrogfaith.wordpress.com
Chaos magick works and is real. I've been studying and practicing magick for almost 45 years. Wilson was a genius. Christopher S Hyatt was also a genius. Discordianism is awesome. Salvation through silliness is a wonderful concept. Its too bad the rest of the religions don't follow suit, especially Islam. The further you go down the rabbit hole of Discordianism and Chaos Magick the further you want to go. It all clicked for me 20 years ago. Praise Kerry Wendell Thornley. Praise Greg Hill.
>>
>>18975578
>literal joke
If you think the PRINCIPIA is just a ha-ha, then go read it again.

On a more serious or more silly note, Kek/Pepe only works because you believe in it and react to it.

The only thing that's esoteric about it is that it lets you recognize that lines in the sand don't really contain you. That's the real benefit in Discordianism.
>>
>>18975772
>Once you realize that reality is 100% subjective and that your own worldview is as valid as any other is when you can really begin to make progress.

Hm, sort of like "creating your own destiny"? Or creating your own individual path?
>>
>>18984090

What are the limitations of chaos magick?

I have seen enough to be convinced it works.

Does your sigil need to spread, what determines difficulty.

Obviously you cant use it to be king of mars next week.

What parameters are reasonable to view it in?
>>
>>18986258
No, more like not caring about what other people think, say, or do, because it doesn't apply to you as it does to them.

There's a point when reading more is useless because you're above that knowledge. So what remains is to follow your own self, to get answers by meditating instead.

And if you get any bit of my point, you'd know that what I'm saying is also partial to my experience and knowledge, and doesn't apply to you as it does to me
>>
>>18982546

Oh, wow. Yeah, this, actually. It is very liberating. Sense of humor, flexibility, instict for "good" and "evil," and a quick wit required or need to be developed.

People find some of the things I say just plain disturbing, but I'm not using offensive language or concepts. I think the deliberate chaos short circuits their brains? They want to classify everything and make order of everything. Scattershot doesn't compute with them, perhaps? I don't understand the descent into paranoia at all, unless somebody who is hyper analytical, a control freak, not comfortable with cognitive dissonance or absurdity drive themselves nuts trying to make order of everything.
>>
>>18986260
Basically you're limited by the laws of physics and the limits of your own beliefs/abilities. Sigils don't need to spread but sometimes that's useful too. Swap sigils with someone and fire them off for each other. If you want to be the King of Mars just simply declare yourself so. You might have a difficult time keeping it when it gets colonized though. Hail Emperor Norton.
>>
>>18986406

I am the Goddess of Small and Annoying Things. If anybody else claims the title, I don't care. I'll just continue to be The Goddess of Small and Annoying Things to annoy them.
>>
>>18986449
I'm perpetually annoyed. Are you the one causing it or am I just a big fat grouch like my nephew told me I was after a major bitchout session?
>>
File: IMG_0738.jpg (104KB, 500x510px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0738.jpg
104KB, 500x510px
>>18975578
I think anything that a lot of people believe in, or are captivated by, become real. That was magic. But it's more about the time and what happened. Don't build impossible dreams, on what amounts to a collective dream. Because that's what we had. Don't take it to a place where it doesn't belong. The only magic, is the impact you have on the real world. Your life. This, is like building a castle in the swamp.
>>
>>18975578

>yet unknowing

The first rule of chaos:

Take nothing for granted.

This is a multi-dimension parable.
>>
>>18986668

>Your life

Is just a microcosm of the thing you would deny.
>>
It has its place.
>>
>>18986668
It irks me that this board encloses on some discussions about what magic truly is, yet I hardly come across anyone even uttering the actual determining factor of any of it.

Your mind. Your thought energy, manifested by the mind and how, when carefully instructed, can and will impose a certain action as warranted by the procedures taken to do so.

We are all magicians, mystics, warlocks, witches - however you want to shake a stick at it. But it comes from within, and does not leave without.
>>
>>18986629

It's possible. What do you think? :D
>>
>>18986260
The only parameters are what you limit yerself to
>>
>>18987036
I always thought that was a given. Reprogram the human biocomputer to make things happen in a manner not yet fully explainable by science. Manufactured spirit entities are another one people don't understand. Both fun and useful. Most of this stuff is Twilight Zone or Coast to Coast stuff that normies don't even want to try to comprehend. Too scary or doesn't fit into the box or whatever. Their loss. There are 2 groups on Kik that are interesting but not always active. #Sorcery_USA and #chaosmagick.
>>
>>18975578
Basically it's self-suggestion and/or playing around with forces you're unsure of it.

Could it be a good idea and lead you to greater knowledge? yes.

Could it be just as bad an idea and could you just end up in an insane asylum?

Yes. Proceed cautiously with this dichotomy I've given you in mind. There's very few people who can read Gurdjieff and Ouspensky and not give it up quickly thinking they were lunatics, but perhaps you can read them.
>>
>>18984090
chris also works for spacex

the people who create reality are much like us, prone to boredom. They look to art to see what to do next. Herein is the magic. Crystalize your will and be shocked at what happens next
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.