[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Great Lakes Ghosts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (79KB, 500x335px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79KB, 500x335px
Have a spooky story or legend about your nearest Great Lake? Ghost ships on Lake Superior, haunted dockyards, etc...

Share your tales, /x/
>>
>>18973567
Black goblin hordes in Flint and Detroit stealing peoples shit and killing eachother, pretty spooky if you ask me
>>
>>18973567
how bout you share some

>>18973581
kek
>>
>>18973953
I really only know Lake Superior stories, since I live on the north shore.

There's just something creepy and beautiful about how this lake is so dangerous, especially in the early days shipping and exploring. There are loads of lighthouse ghosts, shipwreck ghosts, etc. I'll find some of the best stories
>>
Whitefish Point

It is where the first lighthouse on Lake Superior was built. People who work and live around there have apparently often seen the ghost of a woman in 1890s clothes staring out onto the lake. There are often reports of a small native girl appearing in the area, and some people have seen a grey schooner sail slowly parallel to the shore for a few moments then simply fade away into nothing.
>>
Don't have any stories but bumping for more maple spooks and great lake lore in general
>>
>>18973567

There's a little island at lake Simcoe (I know, not great lakes related, but it's close by), where my uncle who's great at swimming swam to. There was a large home on this island, and when he got there, he said there was nothing in the house but a large tire in the living room. Despite the good quality of a home on the lake, the entire home was empty. He said everything was stripped bare, the windows were still intact, clear and there was nothing broken in the house. he also said that sometimes he caught a whiff of a sweet smell in the home, but that could have been wood, right? He said he felt like something was really off and that someone was watching him the entire time and he left shortly after seeing everything quickly. It was pretty spooky to me when he told us years ago. I find it kind of weird now, but I wonder if that house is still empty even up to now.
>>
File: 1493309061940.jpg (498KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1493309061940.jpg
498KB, 2048x1536px
I heard stories of giant feral dogs near port Austin but that's it
>>
I heard there's witch rituals done on blood road in Metamora
>>
>>18973581
They're now moving from Michigan to Manitoba as refugees.
>>
>>18976268
That's super intriguing. Could have been the owners only lived there part time, but the big tire is very odd.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
Any creepy stories about places near Duluth MN?
>>
Weirdly, Tyler from SecureTeam just did a video about paranormal stuff in the Great Lakes. I wonder if he lurks /x/.
>>
The ghost of the Edmund Fitzgerald
>>
I live 30 miles from Lake Erie. If someone knows any spoopy stories about particular spots I might consider checking it out, for x of course
>>
>>18979146
Like... the man or the ship named after him?
>>
File: Ramsdell.jpg (103KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Ramsdell.jpg
103KB, 800x600px
Ramsdell Theater in Manistee, Michigan is supposedly haunted by TJ Ramsdell. The upper balcony in main theater room to be exact. Also. The Michigan Dogman.
>>
File: Lake Michigan Triangle.png (104KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
Lake Michigan Triangle.png
104KB, 275x183px
Where to begin? The Lake Michigan Triangle is a good example. A lot of weird stuff goes on in it like the mysterious disappearance of flight 2501.

In recent years they discovered a prehistoric rock formation within the triangle. According to local Indians these formations were made by a group that lived there before them. Solutreans?

http://www.ancient-code.com/researchers-find-a-rock-with-a-carving-of-a-mastodon-at-the-underwater-stonehenge-of-lake-michigan/

http://www.zmescience.com/science/archaeology/stonehenge-under-lake-michigan-3125445/
>>
>>18973567
My parents own a lake house on Lake Erie in OH. House in question is across from a park which has a path to the beach.

One summer night (late, probably about 2-3 am) my friend and I were sitting out on the patio that faces the lake and talking when all of a sudden a woman in turn of the century style clothing (long, hoop skirt, a blouse and a bonnet) walks up the path from the beach towards my friend and I.

My friend and I both sat and watched without saying anything and upon watch the figure walk to one a rental house across the street from the park.

There was no festivals or reenactments going on that would have someone dressed in that style of clothing and why would this person have been walking the beach at 2 am??

Haven't seen anything like that before or since but its my only /x/ related Great Lakes story.
>>
File: IMG_4132.jpg (262KB, 800x595px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4132.jpg
262KB, 800x595px
>>18973567
I've always wondered about petosky stones. Having found them myself. If they have some supernatural origin.
>>
>>18980369
*Petoskey
>>
Bay Mills reservation has a few legends, just stay out of the swamps
>>
>>18973567
I've got this neat book I got in Door County, Wisconsin "Great Lakes; Ghost Stories" by Wes Oleszewski. 159 pages of ghost stories. I've got my copy with me if you want to hear some
>>
>>18981288
Sure if it's not too much trouble. Much appreciated!
>>
>>18980369
They are just fossilized corals.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.