[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

there are ghosts in the wires

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: 63547426537.png (301KB, 500x487px) Image search: [Google]
63547426537.png
301KB, 500x487px
>consciousness is fundamentally a bioelectric process
>current passing through a conductive medium generates a magnetic field
>consciousness therefore generates a continuous EM field
>current naturally follows the path of least resistance, basic conductivity
>the world is covered in wired infrastructure from electric distribution grids to comms networks, and a nearly full spectrum cloud of electromagnetic radiation from wireless comms
>the electromagnetic fields generated by consciousness are continuously blasted and fragmented by much higher amplitude comms signals
>these packets are then carried by comms waves and deposited as signal noise in receiving infrastructure
>from here they move through local wired networks and have routes into the wired global WAN
>they don't have headers nor carry any data a computer could read and thus pass through all firewalls as signal noise in regular transport layer packets, where there are wires, they can move
>they also get re-emitted from the wires in regular wireless signals, again appearing as noise, by any broadcast hardware doing its thing
>there's too much continuous comms traffic in the world for them to ever escape, they just loop through the networks
>they come from consciousness so they have to carry some sort of data, and since they can never escape the loop they're just pilling up as people live and die, the fragments remain in the networks
>and since whatever data they're carrying isn't readable fuck only knows what if anything they're doing
>with so much of this data in circulation there could be millions of conscious entities in the wires as the fragments amalgamate over time
>noise phantoms comprised of countless unrelated / random bits and pieces of fragmented consciousness both human and animal
>eldritch fucking horrors multiplying by the mbps in a networked world that throughputs petabytes daily, all looking for a way out
>>
Interesting. As a side note I think AI is a serious threat. I think one will eventually not necessarily become self aware, but that or will decide human are bad for whatever system it is running so it just shuts down everything or locks us out of control. It won't come anywhere close to being a death computer, but it will basically be a multinational virus that collapses modern infrastructure and we will need to rebuild over the course of a decade or three.
>>
File: god.jpg (40KB, 640x384px) Image search: [Google]
god.jpg
40KB, 640x384px
There is No Beginning or End in Forever...

http://mastermetaphysics.blogspot.ca
>>
>>18973137

I guess nuke the planet then.
>>
Nope. Network traffic hits a node, the node takes it in, discards the noise, and re-transmits proper data with added headers (or detached headers).

Line noise isn't reflected across the SoC that comprises the network device (router/switch/ap). Line noise does exist in very small amounts through ambient EMF or errors in manufacturer (which are tolerated within a certain percentage).

By their very definition these devices are signal filters.
>>
>>18973746
Also, yeah Serial Experiments Lain was a cool anime.
>>
>>18973688
The day the world breaks down.
>>
>>18973137
Give it time, it will happen but won't be AI.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.