[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you believe in quantum suicide? Will you live forever?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: THINKING.jpg (6KB, 210x230px) Image search: [Google]
THINKING.jpg
6KB, 210x230px
Do you believe in quantum suicide? Will you live forever?
>>
>>18968939
yes i will
>>
>>18968939

Isn't it more about that there's a version of you that will live forever.
>>
At any time there is a certain probability that you will die meaning there is also certain, if small, probability you won't die.

Every time you could die the universe splits and in one you will die but in the other you will continue to live. Your consciousness will ride that probability of survival through different universes infinitely until you get uploaded onto a Dyson sphere or something.
>>
No that's stupid

>>18969275
It means that you will live forever, as will everybody else, because once you die you're transported to a fresh new universe that's exactly the same except you didn't die no matter how crazy the explanation. Because the universe can keep track of multiple copies of itself but doesn't know how to kill something, I guess.
>>
>>18969314
We legit know nothing about death. It seems like you could start doing some pretty whack theoretical science if you straight assume it doesn't exist.
>>
>>18968939
Do you mean quantam immortality.
>>
>>18969306
I feel like the technology that takes my consciousness from universe to universe is a lot more complex than a dyson sphere. At the very least it's more useful.
>>
For all, nah son.
That is theoretical thru and thru.
Youd need to work to put yourself in that position and create the conditions. When your ready to do the work, rig the experiment and turn on that power switch. I'll be there. Until then, shits not happening... For you or the masses. Perhaps some elite scientist, sure. You could wait for an alternate universe version of yourself do it. However your not doing it, and your motivations and actions are not even focused on that as a serious thing. So... Sorry, and with no insult Chances for you are as slim as the 2 dimensional plains.
>>
File: multiverse-1.jpg (87KB, 559x319px) Image search: [Google]
multiverse-1.jpg
87KB, 559x319px
somewhere in the multiverse
a meme is being born...
>>
From what I've researched about quantum immortality and quantum suicide is that it has nothing to do with quantum physics. And I've done a lot of research because it scares the shit out of me.

Its basically a thought experiment based on another thought experiment based on a theory thats based on a real experiment that the average person doesn't understand enough to talk about.

So in more detail:

QI/QS is a THOUGH EXPERIMENT based on another THOUGHT EXPERIMENT of Schrodingers cat based on the Many Worlds THEORY with is a THEORY based on the multiverse THEORY which is based on the results of the double slit experiment which many people DO NOT UNDERSTAND enough to make more theories from it.

I have more reasons that I can talk about that don't make any sense like how our consciousness would live in two separate universes at the same time, or how it doesn't make sense that theres many different points that a bullet enters the body, so which one would we be at in the new universe, or how it doesn't explain dying from old age which BTW nobody actually dies by old age, only real ways to die like an organ failing at an old age. Also the fact that nobody in the world is over 200 years old much less "immortal" or how we never came across anyone that has consistently claimed/proven that they tried committing suicide with a gun multiple times or jumping off a building multiple times and not dying.

Ultimately I think this thought experiment is a thought experiment and nothing more. Its a hypothesis on its BEST DAY. Just because it has quantum in the title doesn't mean its backed by science. Quantum physics only work at an extremely microscopic level under highly controlled conditions and breaks down at a macro level. Of course I don't feel like testing this by putting a gun to my head and pulling the trigger anytime soon, however I am completely open to discussion but this ultimately has no more evidence than any other religious or afterlife theory.
>>
>>18969736
That's not a technology thing, in this hypothetical it's just how consciousness works. The Dyson sphere is just a way your life could be prolonged.
>>
I don't belive in multi-universe theory. So, no
>>
infinity becomes instantaneous when you die. The third dimension exists in the infinitieth dimension.
>>
>>18968939
What happens when all versions of you die of old age? Are we to assume in another universe immortality is discovered?
>>
>>18968939
the idea of quantum immortality is that the you that you are still always stay in the universe in which you don't die

every time something may have killed you the multiverse splits into two. one where you die and one where you don't.

YOU will always be in the one where you don't until all probable outcomes result in death

everyone else may see you die because they are following their own path which you just deviated from

is really not that complex, but like most philosophy it doesn't change anything
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.