[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reality check general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1481729212550.png (201KB, 463x459px) Image search: [Google]
1481729212550.png
201KB, 463x459px
I hear this said quite often:
>Stop living in the fantasy , get back to the real world
But what does it mean this real world? How does one know that it's reality that one is experiencing, and not another fantasy???
Lately I've been pondering how do I enter this Real thing, If I try to force myself to not impose too much meaning, I am still basically fantasizing about trying not to name stuff.

>ITT anons talk about how they imagine this real truth or reality and how to see it.

tl;dr how can we be real if our eyes aren't real?
>>
It doesn't matter if our eyes are real, we see what we see.
>>
>>18967987
lol only 1 black person
>>
>>18967987
Everybody have their own bullshit/reality tunnel/frequency range that they live in and its really hard to explain to people that their bs is bs not because they are dumb, but because they actually seen the proof for whatever bs they believe. As above so below. There is no objective reality, only minds upon minds - big deal, you can be a bitch about it or you can learn to ride. Discover how to bullshit yourself and master your reality.
>>
>>18968026
>Everybody have their own bullshit/reality tunnel/frequency range that they live in

This pretty much. It's why the left/right paradigm in politics is so frustrating. Left wingers see reality correctly according to their tunnel and right winger see reality correctly according to theirs. Lefties see a right wing bias in the media and right wingers see a left wing one.

Everybody is susceptible to bias (myself included) and if your perception is serving you well, there's literally no reason to change it unless you want to be completely liberated in thought.
>>
Have you heard of Solipsism?
>>
>>18967987
Reality is the world that is independent of you. Cogito ergo sum, but by the same token, you can logically deduce that the people around you are real, that the world we live in is real, in the sense that it continues to exist independent of you and your experiencing it.

Even if the entire world is some sort of simulation or fantasy, and there is a higher "objective" reality, for our intents and purposes it doesn't matter. You will live and die. People have lived before you and died. People will continue to live and die after you're gone (most likely).

Tl;dr, why does it matter? This is it, enjoy your life.
>>
>>18968068
>Solipsism
Solipsism is technically valid. You can never know anything with absolute certainty. But you can be very close to certain that there is a reality independent of you and your mind.

For example, if you're blackout drunk, in a coma, or otherwise unconscious, changes will be made in your absence. The fact that you can learn new information about the world completely outside of your realm of experience is evidence that there's a world independent from you. The fact that someone else can accurately describe an experience to you before you experience it yourself. The fact that there are other people asking this question at all. Etc.
>>
>>18967987
Beats me. I've had dreams that were as real as the so called reality. Men have had wet dreams, and females have had orgasmic dreams. Weren't those experiences real when they were happening in the dream world? I'll leave the answer to you.
>>
>>18968108
I lucid dreamed for the second time in my life last night. It just felt so geniunely real, but it quickly vanished as I worried about waking up. I'm not going to kill myself, but I wish to find a way to severe the cord that attaches me to this point in spacetime, it is all so frustrating.
>>
>>18968072
so if reality is something independent of me, I have to disappear in order to see it?
>>18968108
Are you implying I am dreaming about myself?
>>
>>18968199
How would you otherwise prove that there's a world independent of you if you're always present in it? Again, you don't necessarily have to disappear either.

Say you've never seen the empire state building before. Say I put a box with a certain design in the middle of a forest with a symbol on it which is entirely unique. You could go into the forest and draw the symbol. Then you could do the same for me, and I would be able to do the same.

Now, if all things were simply figments of your imagination, why aren't you God? Why is it that there are things you can't change? Why do you wake up every day to the same world? Why do the laws of physics never change? Why is grass always green?

Also, you can't prove that anything else exists but yourself, but by the same logic, you can't prove that yourself is the only thing that exists, and seeing as there's far more evidence that there is a world independent of you, its more rational to believe that the world exists.
>>
>>18967987
it means
>compromise

which means in detail:
>try to save money
>buy only what you can afford
>marry and have children
>complain about how the country is going to shit
>>
>>18968533
i will add that if you are 21-22 and female and not having kids, you are seriously gimping yourself. children are safest to carry between say 19 and 26 and after that you begin rolling the autism and downs dice.
>>
>>18968541
You're not entirely correct there. 35+ is where you start rolling the dice.
>>
>>18968055
Underrated. It always boils down to L / R, red vs. blue
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.