/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Creepypastas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7

File: Gotosleepnds.jpg (27KB, 753x600px) Image search: [Google]
Gotosleepnds.jpg
27KB, 753x600px
When did creepypastas stopped being popular?
Back in 2012 it was a huge topic.
>>
>>18962847
after increased popularity the only problem is that it became harder and harder to find GOOD creepypastas underneath all the slenderman 2.0 fanfics :/
>>
There must be good creepypastas that could came out only one or two years ago.
It's impossible that internet imagination runs out of fuel.
>>
A brief history of /x/, by someone who was there.

>before /x/ was created, there used to be creepypasta threads on /b/ which were very popular (i created many of them)
>after a few years of this, users started asking moot to create a paranormal board
>eventually, moot reluctantly created the board
>he said if the board turns to shit, he's going to remove it in a heartbeat
>the first year or so on /x/ was great, creepypastas galore
>but more than that, we had exploration threads filled with photos, and OC up the wazoo
>but then some tripfag (cant remember the name) got pissed of with /x/ for "reasons"
>he started making threads on /b/ called "post ending in 69 decides what we raid /x/ with"
>every single day /x/ was flooded with /b/ shit from raids
>the faggot kept this up for around half a fucking year, the no-life cunt
>after about a year, the raids stopped happening after moot was getting pissed with all the mails from /x/ users complaining about it
>by the time the raids ended, /x/ was a shell of what it once was
>all the good posters had left for greener pastures
>/x/ turned into memeland, with WHO WAS PHONE?, bort, and other stupid shit
>the board has gotten a little better in recent year, but nowhere near the quality it used to have in the early days

the end
>>
>>18962890
sucks dude
>>
So, good horror stories or threads doesn't happen in 4chan anymore...
I want to find something fresh and brand new that's actually good...
>>
>>18962890
Like how you blame all of /x/'s woes on one person. Let's all the rest of us off the hook. It's good being blameless. I rock, you rock, we all rock... expect for that one Bad Person.
>>
>>18962945
you clearly werent there
>>
>>18962890
How are you still around?
I've been on 4chan since 2009 and experienced the golden age of /x/ but today I only come here to ruin some rp threads. It's really embarrassing
>>
>>18962847
It's because of 2 reasons:
I. Because today we feel like we've "seen everything". It's harder to produce original pastas because it feels like all the good ideas are already taken. We've seen so many pastas, creepy YouTube videos, images, ARGs and greentext stories that we started to recognise patterns and became harder to satisfy. The perma sticky is an important sign of how insensitive we've become. "massive /x/ dump". Literally just dumping many creative works into one thread for anyone to access.

II. No creativity. Yes, it's hard to be original but no one even tries. /x/ is now riddled with role playing fags who don't care about subtlety and heavily rely on suspension of disbelief instead of a convincing story. The talented people have either left or given up entirely. SCP is a great indicator of how quality in writing declines. The flood of new people trying to make a good pasta just over saturate the net with low quality writing.
>>
>>18963037
im a very old man, ive been on the internet since the late 90s, and 4chan since 2004
>>
When they started being about Spongebob and other lame shit.
>>
>>18963076
But what makes you stay on /x/? It's one of the worst boards right now.
>>
>>18963088
i pop back from time to time, and take note of the quality of threads that appear

since moot sold 4chan to hiro, who has increased moderation on all boards in an attempt to make 4chan "marketable" i have noticed an increased level of quality on some of the lesser populated boards such as /x/

diligent anons who can spot shit from a mile away, and report shitty threads quickly, are actually having an impact now, which in turn has led to an overall improvement

if this quality drops, ill probably move on to one of the many other paranormal forums i frequent, but ill always check up on this place in the hopes that it will regain the quality that it used to have
>>
>>18963131
Despite div general bein banned i see no improvement
>>
You fools! The time in your life for creepypasta may be over, but scary stories will live on regardless.
>>
You think Sonic.exe has some fault on the creepypasta crisis? Since it appeared, people develop similar games and stories but with each character and plot more ridiculous than the last one.
>>
>>18962890
haha that anon was me
I fucking loved those raids
>>
>>18962890
>>18962847
As a rando newfag, this kind of history is fascinating to me, and fills in a lot of blanks about those things I missed since I was a young scrub on Youtube and fanfiction.

If I might also add tho, the lack of creepy pastas in general on the wider web was probably due to the double edged sword that was Slenderman and the things that happened due to the creepypasta's rise to fame.

Since I am a newfag, and thus decently aware of some of the shit that happens outside of 4chan and in that strange place between the internet and reality: the phenomenon that was the Slender game, and the multitude of Slender ARGs that got started around 2009-2012 is something that I was personally invested in for a time.
More specifically, I was actively watching in 2011 and 2012 as the creepypasta fandom rooted itself on Tumblr and the bigger Slender ARGs pushed full throttle and 5th gear.
Unfortunately, as I am sure you are all aware, normies ruin everything. Considering I was and still am a bit of a normie, watching what used to honestly be a kinda creepy character get neutered and ripped apart on Tumblr and in the Youtube comment section was sickening.

Add to all this the incident with the mentally ill tween who killed her "friend" out in the woods to appease Slenderman, and I think that's for sure when a lot of people dropped creepypasta as a whole on the wider web. "It's all fun and games will someone gets hurt" as someone wiser than I am once said.

Obviously, this all happened WAY after most of the stuff that went down on 4chan went down, but I think it helped to temper the way a lot of people look at creepy pasta.
>>
>>18963067
Very concise! I think you've captured the basic essence of the problem quite nicely!
>>
what are some better paranormal forums to frequent, then?
>>
I don't know if they are any good, but I believe there some activity on leddit. So if of any brave soul dare go and have a look, and maybe even bring some back, that would be pretty cool. I don't know. Might be worth a shot. Avoid NoSleep tho, it's a haystack.
>>
>>18963287
I really tried to like browsing nosleep, but the stupid, enforced RP rules annoy the shit out of me.
>>
Jeff's picture still fucking triggers me
>>
I've never seen a good creepypasta. They're all "muh pokeyman cartridge came to life and started bleeding. 666."

I prefer alien abduction stories.
>>
File: Skinwalker.jpg (677KB, 1198x4896px) Image search: [Google]
Skinwalker.jpg
677KB, 1198x4896px
>>18963338

Have you read things like:
Psychosis
Quiet
Candle Cove
Pale Luna

And there's countless greentexts. A small fraction of the skinwalker stuff is pretty good.
>>
>>18963348
I'll check those ones out. Thanks anon
>>
File: 1490216217001.jpg (97KB, 886x538px) Image search: [Google]
1490216217001.jpg
97KB, 886x538px
>>18963338
>he hasn't read borrasca yet
>>
File: 1493796427018s.jpg (2KB, 125x93px) Image search: [Google]
1493796427018s.jpg
2KB, 125x93px
>>18962847
Here's the problem with creepypastas their fake and Gay that could only scare a 3rd grader. My Advice is lurk More Faggot
>>
>>18963432
"The problem with works of fiction is they are fake" -you

Holy shit kys
>>
>>18963460
The problem with fiction is no one gets scared of Fake shit give me something real and ill b spooped and my point still stands
PS kys
>>
>>18963422
Borrasca was good, until the dumb ending.
>>
>>18963501
Is it still worth reading?
>>
>>18963521
Yeah, it is. Good buildup
>>
>>18962847
When FNAF came out it died.
>>
You can find some archived stuff from /x/.
Heres what i've found:
http://4plebs.org/
https://archive.org/details/4chan-x-creepypasta-2016-update
https://archive.org/details/4chan-x-creepypasta-2015-update
https://archive.org/details/4chan-x-creepypasta
http://creepypasta.com/
http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/Creepypasta_Wiki
https://archive.org/details/xcontentdump2015
>>13385717

Thank me later
>>
>>18964741
The best part of /x/ is the archive dumping
>>
>>18963157
Why was it banned?
>>
>>18962847
>oldfag here.
Creepypastas were always fucking cringy.
>>
>>18967035
>cringey
You're not an oldfag
>>
>>18967338
>old people are only allowed to use old terminology
don't get me wrong i'm sick of cringe too, but that's just silly reasoning
>>
>>18962853
Is slenderman the real slim shady?
>>
>>18963460
>>18963493
Nothing screams underage more than the "kys" plague.
>>
>>18962890
>>the board has gotten a little better in recent year, but nowhere near the quality it used to have in the early days

It's gotten worse
>>
>>18967338
What? Do you think oldfags are actually 70 years old IRL and you can sense their matureness in how they type?
>>
>>18963493
One of the hallmarks of low intelligence is not being able to suspend disbelief for a good work of fiction. Autistic kids can't empathize with fictional characters and their struggles so they get bored.

I hope you enjoy your Sonic cosplay.
>>
>>18967436
>>18967896
I've only ever heard cringey used by people under 13
>>
>>18967896
>matureness

Stay in school.
>>
File: _45561755_fritzlafp226282.jpg (26KB, 226x282px) Image search: [Google]
_45561755_fritzlafp226282.jpg
26KB, 226x282px
>>18963422
I read it just now. It slightly reminded me of Bone Tomahawk, pic related (Joseph Fritzl), and also Gracen Green. That last one because my name is Gedalia Gershon.
>>
>>18963131
what are some other forums you go on for this kind of stuff? I've been searching for a while and can't seem to find anything I enjoy. Maybe it's just the familiarity of /x/ that keeps me coming back.
>>
>>18963348
>psychosis
I remember that pasta, it's from a series of well-written stories contained within the same universe if I remember correctly.
>>
>>18963493
I am not no one anon.
>>
I blame bullshit like Sonic.exe, Jeff the Killer, and Ben for killing Creepypasta.
>>
File: 1vj1DPV.gif (808KB, 207x207px) Image search: [Google]
1vj1DPV.gif
808KB, 207x207px
>>18962847
We were all kids
Inspired by great 90's books like Scary Stories and Goosebumps
We grew up

Nobody screen caps anymore. Last good pasta I read was the 2 dudes being hunted by a bipedal doberman holding a shotgun or some shit. It sounds stupid, but it freaked me out a bit.
>>
>>18970395
i think the general atmosphere of /x/ is helping to kill people's ambition to make pastas. people are too eager to dismiss something because it's obviously fake, even if it's well written or fun to participate in. skepticism isn't a bad thing, fuck's sake, look at all the flat earth threads here, but it's killing creativity here. i mean granted there isn't much creativity to begin with since a lot of pastas are very derivative, like haunted video games are obviously out and i've seen so many fucking threads about that repirou face because these people just don't have their own fun puzzle to come up with. it's just kind of discouraging for anyone who does have their own idea.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.