[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you understand or reciprocate the love for a God that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

How do you understand or reciprocate the love for a God that will throw you into hell? How do you show appreciation for a life that can terminate in ETERNAL hellfire? How is it you wouldn't rather merely not exist than potentially go to hell? How would you bring yourself to procreate knowing your children could rebel and suffer that same fate? That would demonstrate an absence of faith and a mistrust in God but I cannot help it. I've chosen celibacy because I can't understand from whence comes gratitude.

I tried even beginning to understand this and its intractable. I mean Jesus even commands me to love myself. Well if acting as a self is what makes me so contemptible in the sight of the Lord then why would I love myself? How would this love be compatible with a love for God? I mean it even seems like selfhood is the mechanism of the fall (Adam and Eve realizing they were naked). I've asked too many questions and I feel like I'll never be able to go back to childlike innocence.

So I'm stuck in this situation where I've acknowledge scripture as truth but I cannot bring myself to have the totality of faith. I'm not a lukewarm Christian, I'm a COLD one.

>inb4 muh demiurge.
>>
>>18961794
What I don't get is why people consider the God in the Old Testament to be the same God the J-man teaches about in the New Testament.

Old one is a complete dick, unlike what J teaches about Him.
>>
>>18961884
The new testament talks about eternal torment being the realization of God's wrath more than anything. Some bears devouring some children for making fun of a guy's pate is tame compared to countless children of unfortunate geographic disconnection from the gospel burning in hell because they never even heard the name "Christ". Personally I've only been able to conceive that on the day of judgement at least many of these children will be redeemed while waiting in Abraham's bosom. In general I'm open to the idea of redemption in Sheol. Otherwise I feel really really screwed to be a consciousness.
>>
>>18961794
Depends. Where does the Bible talk about Hell, and how is the rationale behind it explained?
>>
>>18961922
Many passages talk about the ceaseless torments of hell. Pick up a Bible chief. What really sold me was all the hell testimonies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArqRiIBh2p8#action=share

If this guy went to hell then what chance in HELL do I have of not going there?
>>
>>18961794
Because that G-d created a beautiful world for me to enjoy while I am still alive by His mercy, and to allow me to live on in beauty for eternity, He sent His only Son to earth to die for me. If that's not a loving God I don't know what is. I ahdn't even accepted him into my heart and he was already risen from the grave 2000 years ago.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16
and
"But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8
Anon, I was still a sinner and Christ died for me, loving me. And he gives everyone a chance to choose their path in life. It's your children's choice; you have a responsibility to show them the truth and the way, the path to life and life eternal, but in the end, they are responsible. So love them, watch them grow, etc. God gives you that opportunity.
Your friends may rebel and go to hell. Same with your children. But that is no reason to doubt God.
>>
>>18961794
And remember, you are three parts; the flesh and the spirit and soul. As a Christian, you gain that third part, the spirit, and with it you must battle the flesh; it is not "you" that causes you to sin. It is the fleshly desire within you, just as it is not "you" who is vituous, but the Spirit of God that guides your soul into eternity.
The soul is merely a vessel, and the flesh a weight that drags us down, while the Spirit gives us wings; it is a comforter.
Pray, read the word, and fight your flesh, love your soul, and be guided and filled by the Spirit.
>>
>>18961794
Wow are you posting this on every fucking board? It's in /his/ and /lit/ too, the exact same post and image. Fag
>>
>>18962028
so even the most minuscule opportunity of that is worth the near-certainty of an incomprehensible and endless torment? That South African guy I posted says its sinful just to try to live an unassuming and normal life. He said it landed him in hell. Why are you grateful for the fact that you are almost certain to go to hell?
>>
File: IMG_3824.gif (2MB, 155x118px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3824.gif
2MB, 155x118px
>>18961794
This is like telling yourself your in love, when you aren't. It's going to come back to haunt you. It doesn't mean turn to nihilism. Be honest to yourself, at least.
>>
>>18962045
Yes indeed. Its a crosspost. Its more important to figure this out than to observe chan etiquette or whatever.
>>
>>18962045
I can't believe I responded to, whatever brand of manipulation this is. Bait, whatever. Kek.
>>
>>18961794
Great post OP
I think the key here is loving those around us more than ourselves. Why do we treasure the selfless heroes? It's because they are willing to destroy themselves to better other men, often strangers.
The key is loving ones self, but knowing when preserve yourself for use, and when not to. Remember becoming a Martyr under Christ is a valid way to get into heaven, just make sure you do your part before then.
>>
>>18962072
>posting the same thread on multiple boards is a form of manipulation

What fresh hell is this?
>>
>>18962085
Your right, it's just desperation. So sorry about that, Costanza(?)
>>
>>18962091
>Be almost certain you will eventually be tortured for all eternity

This is a source of desperation. I've done my research. I can't go back to tipping the old fedora just because this feels inconvenient to me.
>>
You are enmeshed in a biology that has been infected with the freedom to lie. That's your spiritual disease. Lying is a choice, not a biological mistake.

Every time you lie, all you do is contribute to the spread of pain and suffering. All you get in return for spreading pain and suffering is an illusion of control. An illusion. That's because when you lie to someone you're practicing Satanism.

Therefore, if you end up in Hell it's because you practiced deception. You prayed for it and ended up in a place with a lot of shitty people who share the same values.

Christianity is a practice that is supposed to lead to a transcended biology. It's not a lifelong practice of hypocrisy.

Today were living like in the days of Noah, not modern times.

Revelations describes an inversion in thought patterns. A rotation of consciousness about a point of authenticity. An inversion rapidly approaching permanent impact with Earth.

When it arrives, it's not your grandma's Christianity.
>>
>>18962184
What do you mean by this "rotation of consciousness"?
>>
>>18962204
Another term for "Turn to God"

Think of it this way. You had a friend you thought you liked. So you shared feelings of friendship. Then one day that friend screws you over and you shut those feeling off.

Those feelings are universal feelings. You "turned away" from your friend because of betrayal. Your consciousness rotated to the anti-frequency of friendship with respect to your friend.

The "Turn to God" is a similar rotation of consciousness so you don't feel threatened by God anymore. You begin to walk as friends. Your relationship changes.
>>
>>18962220
I don't understand. Is that praying? I have another difficulty because I am unable to pray and I am unable to love (in general). I haven't figured these things out.
>>
>>18962279
Long night. Anyway, your words are your prayers. We have been taught praying is wishing. An example of a prayer is to pick something that's way bigger and more beneficial to society than you ever thought you could accomplish. Now start working on it. Creating abundance is what you're doing.

As you're working on your project, use it to become totally authentic. An expert in what you're doing. So that you never have to mislead or market what you've done. That way you're not mixing Satanism in with your project.

It's really just reverse Dunning-Kruger. That competency study showed egoism leads to overinflated self worth or incompetence.

Think of Christianity as the antidote to a dunning-Kruger delusion as well as an antidote to pain and suffering.
>>
>>18961794
>>inb4 muh demiurge.

Well, shitlord, what were you expecting if not to listen to a few truths?
>>
>>18962279
So anyway, as you work your project you'll open yourself up to input from your soul which has access to universal intelligence. You'll start to notice you find creative solutions to problems. You're now rotating your consciousness toward God, toward universal intelligence.
>>
>>18961919
Church nowadays actually teaches(atleast the catholic one) that you do not have to neccessarily know christ or christianity to go to heaven, but rather just be a good man.
>>
>>18961794
Congrats, you're an (semi)intelligent human being that happened to fall into indoctrination. The next step is realizing how stupid your faith is and using logic to come to the conclusion that a loving God wouldn't create a hell.

He gave you a brain. Use it
>>
>>18963818
Well the Catholic Church is mystery Babylon
>>
>>18961794
you know.. you don't have to be completely celibate to not have children

no wonder you're cold if you forget that God created fucking. he made dicks and pussies and the feelings we get when we play with them, ours and other people's

people came up with the rules about shame and relationships and taboos. there's no commandment about unmarried sex. just not breaking the contract you made with your spouse.
as long as we aren't harming someone or being an asshole, God wants us to fuck
>>
>>18961794
You need to understand that God has no need to make sense to you. Saying "I don't understand it, therefore it is wrong" when youre talking about a Being with infinitely more knowledge than you is very assuming. Why wouldnt it be the case that He would do something that you can't understand?
>>
>>18964228
Careful not to cut yourself on all those edges
>>
>>18964546
I didn't say it was objectively "wrong". I said it was so apparently wrong to a puny human brain that it made proceeding nigh impossiblle.
>>
To my knowledge the christian god is just an alien that is either parasitic or carnivorous ("the lord is my shepherd", meaning that he can put me down and eat me at any given time).
>>
>How can your parents love you if they'll still kick you out for breaking the rules of their house?
Snowflakes like you can't take authority.
>>
>>18964546
>I will make man in my image and give him free will
>Lmao but he dum as heck and everything I do is beyond his comprehension
Literally why
>>
>>18963818
>>18964470
neither of those are true
learn about catholicism before you turn others away from Christ's church
>>
>>18964610
What humans have is received morality. It was revealed to us by God. Our understanding may be imperfect. God does not operate on received morality, He is morality itself. Whatever he does is moral. Asking if God can do wrong is like asking what would happen if gravity repelled matter instead of attracting it.
>>
>>18964610
Its pretty obvious Adam and Eve did not start out with free will.
>>
Because we have free will to make a choice. I don't know "God" very well because I've never met them but, every one has a choice to follow God and do what they think is right.
>>
>>18964685
Wrong

t. Calvinist

not to mention not everyone even has the opportunity to read a Bible
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.