[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

science spoops

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_4903.jpg (122KB, 445x503px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4903.jpg
122KB, 445x503px
ITT discuss spooky things that should be able to be explained but science but isn't or can't be

pic unrelated
>>
I don't understand the question.
What do you mean "should be able to explained by science"?

As in, its replicable but ill understood?
Or that it's not replicable but should be?

Moreover, do you actually know what science is?
>>
>>18960998
No
>>
>>18961023

No
>>
>>18960998
while i might have not used the right wording you should be able to tell what i mean

talk about scary shit that should be able to be explained by science but either breaks the law of psychics (for example) or has some unknown factors that makes it impossible to fully understand

stuff like the Bloop that wasn't explained until recently
>>
>>18961033

No
>>
>>18961034

That's the entire purpose of /x/.

Here are some other awesome ideas for you:

>post a thread on /his/ that says "Hey guys, talk about history here."
>post a thread on /a/ that says "Hey guys, talk about anime here."
>post a thread on /fit/ that says "Hey guys, talk about exercise here."
>>
>>18961039
i don't think i'm being clear enough
i wanted to create a thread that was less personal based (ghost encounters, demonic possession, tulpas, etc) and based on weird occurrences and explained things in our either everyday lives that we can't explain or don't understand
such as we don't understand dark matter but don't know why we don't understand it
>>
>>18961034
What did they say about the bloop? My money is still on a nuclear submarine.
>>
>>18961039
i guess it's too broad but it's about things that actually occur and are documented instead of beliefs and conspiracies
>>
>>18960990
magnets
>>
>>18961048
the official thing is "ice shelves" even though every person that has heard it says that its organic in nature
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMcMdUh8UtM
>>
>>18961047
can you explain the bloop to me because as far as i know the leading theory is still sea ice moving
>>
That picture is of Manuel Nortega, World crucifix throwing champion.
>>
>>18960990
*by

Ops got too many buts.
>>
File: IMG_3869.jpg (466KB, 842x1191px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3869.jpg
466KB, 842x1191px
>>18962245
Because the world needs more people that can...throw crucifixes...
>>
>Strange Quarks
>Why light's speed through air was arbitrarily chosen as the Universal Constant
>Weak Nuclear Force
>What is time
>Why did humans invent religion
>How is liquid metal hydrogen so conductive
>What is a virus if it isn't a lifeform

Stuff like this?
>>
>>18962282
Light speed refers to speed of light though a vacuum, which is the constant.
>>
>>18962298
>constant
Not according to special relativity, if you account for observer bias of course. Since gravity "slows" light, then two opposing sources of light, equally distant from the observer, one passes by a high mass body and the other does not, then the one that does not pass by the body reaches the observer first.
>>
File: 1493255571796.jpg (25KB, 1024x519px) Image search: [Google]
1493255571796.jpg
25KB, 1024x519px
hows this? spoopy but still real supposedly
>>
>>18962309
Gravititational lensing causes a light ray to take a longer path.
>>
>>18962783
I want to know fear.
>>
>>18962282
yeah shit like that would be cool

listening to anything spooky about time gives be the jeebies

or stuff we don't know about space or the ocean.

freaky shit
>>
>>18962783

what in the fuck is that
>>
>>18962828
do you live under a rock!? Only the happening. Biblical prophecy. Geez, and I felt behind because I haven't seen the game of thrones since season 3
>>
>>18962929
tell me more anon ive been out of touch with shit recently

college :(
>>
File: stealth mode.gif (4MB, 250x141px) Image search: [Google]
stealth mode.gif
4MB, 250x141px
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_jelly
>>
Does the double slit experiment count? The one where particles will behave like waves until you actually observe them, then they behave like particles again. Almost like they know when they're being watched.
>>
>>18963003
that counts! creepy shit tho
>>18962949
ive read about the star jelly

shits gross

makes me think of the kentucky meat shower
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kentucky_meat_shower
>>
>>18961034
>the law of psychics
>>
>>18962282
I tend to think of viruses like computer programs.
They are non sentient executables. A primordial mishao of sorts.
>>
>>18962282
The virus one poped out at me but looking at that list many of those have pretty robust and understood explications
>>
>>18962282
Religion is just another way to "explain" the world around us.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.