[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lucid Dreaming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

How the fuck do you WILD successfully? I keep failing.
>>
If you deserve it your subconscious will plant signs in your dreams to try and give you lucidity. Talking to your subconscious is like praying to God, you might feel like you're not getting heard or your requests aren't answered but keep trying.

Source: just had a lucid dream where my subconscious came out and said "we gave this to you because you wrote really good music last night". gl friend!
>>
>>18960286
Simple.

You have all been telling yourself you want to lucid dream. aka you have primed yourself to realise you're dreaming.

I wouldn't recommend it but to let go of the divide between sleeping and waking is to accept it's no different from reality. Then you accept any and all thoughts and deny none.

You're dancing with you subconscious. You might not like what you see. You may bring it back with you. Bad juju
>>
>>18960286
I used to be able to lucud dream as a kid.

Just would visualize a familiar area id want to be that was obvious I wasnt at. In winter id start with a beach for example.

Id realize I'm dreaming and do whatever.
>>
He wanted to know how to do a "wake induced lucid dream" not a MILD or DILD
>>
Everything online is just an overly analytical version of the following:
Go to bed not tired.
Hold very still until your body actually falls asleep.
>>
>>18961178

NOT TIRED is the big one.

I was trying and trying to WILD for months, but to no avail.

One weekend I had a whole Saturday free, so I just held myself still on the couch in the middle of the afternoon instead of at night, and I had my first ever Lucid dream that day.
>>
WILD is a meme

use a dream journal and dream ques

increase the power of your dream memory and then your dream awareness.
>>
I tried WILD a lot but I only end up in sleep paralysis. Very exciting at first but not what I wanted and rather annoying after the 5th try.
>>
>>18960391
Why? Please extrapolate on your bullshit "bad juju," Jamoke.
>>
>>18961178
FUCKING THIS.

Everyone else in this thread is either talking out their ass, or they need to take their meds.
>>
had my first lucid dream few month ago
just thought my dream was odd
and then i realised i was dreaming
sadly i made a sexdream out of it
and woke up pretty fast
>>
>>18960286

sleep for 4-6 hours, wake up briefly, then go back to bed and attempt to induce. your end of night dreams are much longer and more vivid than dreams in the first round of REM sleep

i usually lay on my back and visualize the surroundings i want in as much detail as possible

i have much better luck with habitual sleep checks. it's much easier for me to realize i'm dreaming from inside than to transition from awake to lucid dream.
>>
Are there any good podcasts about Lucid Dreaming?
>>
>>18961363
>dream ques
?
>>
>>18962286
Things or anomalies that appear in your dreams regularly that don't appear in real life. For example, the time on clocks changing every time you look away from them, or still being able to breath through your nose when you cover it. Maybe a specific element more unique to yourself, like a dead relative appearing. Ask yourself on a regular basis whether you're dreaming or not and check for these signs, and eventually you should start checking them in your dreams too. Make sure you actually pay attention to what you're doing each time you check though, and make sure to really think about the results of each 'test'. If it just becomes a mindless routine, you won't notice when you get a different result in a dream and won't become lucid.
>>
>>18960286

>chug water before sleeping.
>wake up to pee
>lay in bed and tell yourself to stay awake
>stay awake through vibrations
>Astral projection

that's just what i do op. works for me
also works better with irregular sleeping schedule
>>
>>18961667
good luck with that one, its not the easiest way to do it
>>
>>18961332
>>18961667
Not only that but I'm working on this idea the it works regressively too:
Maybe the reason lucid dreams happen when you wake up and then fall back asleep is only because you're body is capable of slipping back into sleep, while your "lucid" enough to keep you mind awake.
This is just my two methods, I feel like everything I've read fails to explain specific significance of the method.
Sure this may make it seem less mystical, but it also makes it easier to achieve.
>>
Oh shit, I forgot to post about it at the time but once I smoked a shit ton of weed after taking a whole lot of niacin and it gave me both lucid dreams and sleep paralysis.
>>
>>18960286
Just learn to DILD, it's easier and once you get it down you can have them whenever without preparation.
>>
The WILD (Wake Initiated Lucid Dreaming) technique must be performed when you are in the REM-stage of sleep (Rapid Eye Movement)
This usually happens 5-6 hours into your sleep.
Set an alarm clock around that time, and then go right back to sleep, while trying to remain concious.
This should be one of the easiest and most successful methods of attaining lucidity.
You won't do it on your first, fifth, or 20th try. Most likely it will take you weeks of practising.

Goodspeed, oneironaut
>>
>>18963070
That's because no one actually knows the significance behind the methods, they've been developed via trial and error.

The reasons, and processes for sleep are still largely illusive, along with consciousness.

And you're trying to do both of these at the same time.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.