[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Outlast 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

File: outlast2.jpg (21KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
outlast2.jpg
21KB, 460x215px
Anyone played this yet? What are /x/ thoughts on it
>>
Walk 'em ups is a shitty genre and should not be played uless you have VR.
>>
>>18959563
7/10
Pretty spoopy
>>
>>18959563
shit story with cheap jumpscares and repetitive gameplay
>>
dunno why they didn't make it about islam. always the christians are the bad guys, it's so fedoracore edgy it gets boring after a while.
>>
>>18959563
Awesome game , pretty scary for the first 2 hours.
Story was pretty good but it didn't get explained in the game except through those pages you could find , so if you missed a few pages (some of which were pretty hard to find) you'll probably be confused about what is going on.
>>
>>18959835
Guess they don't want the SJWs on their ass for the rest of their careers
>>
>>18959563

It's gay AF.
>>
>>18959584
>VR
shitty and not optimized piece of rubbish.
>>
>>18959835
Islam wouldn't have been believable. This was. It's based on real Christians.
>>
>>18959563
better than the first one
>>
>>18960640
>islam wouldn't have been believable.
sure
>>
>>18960650
Jim Jones
David Koresh
Fred Phelps
Catholic priests
Mike Pence

All this shit is what Christians actually believe.
>>
>>18959835

When writing a story you want to make it something the audience can relate to. Western audiences understand Christianity, and so they can relate to a sect of it with similar but demented beliefs.

Western audiences don't understand eastern religions. Making a game about a sect of Shinto that's been perverted doesn't carry the same level of discomfort for audiences.

It's the same thing as a person seeing a lamb being butchered and being able to watch, and then seeing a human being butchered and looking away. They can relate to one and not the other, so it has much greater impact.

It's not a conspiracy, it's just telling a story quickly and effectively.
>>
>>18960640
you couldn't make a survival horror game in an islamic country? you're a gay dude on the run from terrorists, they use dark magic to summon djin, it gets out of hand and now you're navigating some catacombs underneath iraq or syria, escaping from US special forces soldiers, evil demons, and terrorist killers.

you could have a level in a bombed out city, having to escape between apartment blocks and advancing troops. have a level in ruins, experimental gas weapons have mutated people into horrific monsters.

this was just lazy writing and safe targets. if they wanted to actually sell 15 million copies they would've made the game about islam, think about the controversy alone a slasher survival horror game with brutal violence (decapitations, stonings, hangings, live burials, torture) based on real life events and a dash of islamic mysticism (they have a great tradition of monsters and fairy tales and lore) in a relevant modern day setting, the active war zones in the middle east.

shit you could even through some mountain man yeti type thing in there if your character has to escape through caves and climbing through a high pass in Afghanistan or Turkey.
>>
>>18960676
i doubt the people playing the game give two shits about christianity. and to real christians this is highly offensive and insensitive. and the entire game is set on the backdrop of conspiracy, secret mind control experiments carried out by shadowy american corporations.

you put that in a middle east setting (where its probably actually happening, given the total lack of law, order, oversight) and you have a fascinating story.

western audiences absolutely love ninjas, anime, jap shit. so don't give me that bullshit about relating to the audience, video games can be more than just run of the mill write and rip money generators. look at deus ex, an incredible story with many focal points and intermingling cultures. it didn't detract one bit from the game, you could've ignored that shit and just been a stealthy assassin.
>>
>>18959563
Outlast was well done. I never get jump scared by anything. But that guy in the hall first level, (who you walk by three times before he grabs you) made me jump. Haven't played 2.
>>
>>18960704

The game attacks Christianity in many ways, and it is designed to be offensive in that way. It would be offensive to Muslims if it attacked their religion, or offensive to Buddhists, or any other religion. The choice to attack Christianity was precisely because it offends people in the west. Shock value to sell the game.

I'm not saying the game is a monument of good story telling. I'm just explaining why a video game company that is specifically going for shock value in order to sell games would choose Christianity and not a less familiar religion. It's just a safer bet from a business standpoint.
>>
>>18959835
>This
The amount of historically illiterate edge lords who scream MUH INQUASITION AN MUH CRUSSAAAAAAAAADES!!! >:( without ever learning the numbers or motivations for both (despite the fact that they are both publicly available and easy to get a hold of) makes me want to puke.
>>
>>18960667
> Implying having faith in vaciuous pseudo-intellectual British men who speak condescendingly and twirl around cigars is any better.

Whew I had almost forgotten what it was like to be 13.
>>
>>18960704
Are you actually offended that they made it about christianity instead of islam? Who cares.
>>
>>18960857
no, im just irritated that you can bash christianity but not islam. when christians haven't done shit for hundreds of years and muslims are actively murdering people due to their religion as we speak. you're making a horror game, why not use something that is real and actually scares people, because ur a pussy and are afraid of backlash. case closed.
>>
>>18960873
case not closed dumbass
bashing on Islam in the West would consist of "herp durp Islam is dumb, 47 virgins suicide bomb lulz"

actual imagery or references to Islam would just go over everyone's heads because Americans can't be bothered to learn about things that aren't shoved in their face every day

is got fuckall to do with fear. you just don't make money on a shock game if only a tiny part of your customers know why it's offensive
>>
>>18960873
and if you need proof that Americans are ignorant just look at all the right wing flag waving rednecks with the wood "Infidel" on their shirts and trucks

They think it means enemy of Islam

it is literally just the Arabic word for Athiest. so by wearing that they are saying they don't believe in a god either.

is like getting a Chinese character tattoo that says "breaded chicken" because the guy at the shop said it meant something else.
>>
>>18960873
>muslims are actively murdering people due to their religion as we speak.

Alright everyone, anon has finally said what was on his mind. Move along.
>>
>>18960888
>>18960908
video games is how most kids learn about other cultures. wtf is your mental handicap?

there have been hundreds of video games aimed at a white audience with absolute escapism and no relevance to their lives. that's the whole point of games, to enter into an alternate world.

>bashing islam in the west would consist of

I wrote 2 length posts above about how you could incorporate islamic mysticism and the great ancient, buried and abandoned sites of Sumer, Babylon, Akkad in modern day Syria and Iraq as a backdrop to a story that didn't regurgitate for the 1000th time the same old backwoods christians are evil meme. it's fucking boring and a tired cliche. nobody, NOBODY, bought this game because of the christian element. it added nothing to the story and the setting is 90% shadows and darkness, so it could be a mind control experiment gone wrong literally anywhere in the world. the short sighted developers played it safe, they had an opportunity to get A LOT of media attention by making it about an actual religious problems within one of the worlds largest faiths. this would fit with the entire edgy design of the game (a woman chops your dick off with an axe in one of the ways you die). instead of actually being controversial, they played it super safe and used the same thing that every media outlet and tv host uses, dumb christian hick, inbred, stupid, superstitious.

meanwhile there are like 150 million americans who just quietly take this unwarranted abuse, while over 1 billion muslims and their insane beliefs about killing gay people go ignored.
>>
>>18960912
the state of saudi arabia puts you to death if you are accused of being a homosexual and proof is provided before a court, you are allowed no legal counsel or defense. meanwhile americans have to embrace gender spectrum theory, because there are no men and women, just rainbow persons and the evil christians are just rainclouds ruining the view.

fucking bizzaro land. you can go right now on liveleak and watch them throw gays off a building. they didn't import them from canada or san francisco, these are just people they dont like, tied up like cattle, and kicked off the 3rd story roof.
no let's not talk about it in a controversial gore filled video game aimed at shocking the player and getting maximum attention. better make it about christianity, a benign and fading religion.
>>
I'm loving it. Scarier than the first game, and most important of all, actually scary.
>>18959835
>fedoracore edgy
I love Outlast and its sequel, but I am unable to contest this. Alot of the dialogue comes off as edgy, moreso than the first game's.
>>
Its ok, was expecting more after playing Outlast+DLC. But i didnt finish it yet maybe it gets better.

The whole game looks like they tried way to hard to make it look scary. You cant walk for 30s without a dead body and everything is just super edgy.

Its a while since part 1 but i also dont remember it being as repetetiv as part 2.
>>
>>18960941
i watched the skt lol team hot-seat stream it for about 1 hour and it was definitely fun, but i can imagine that running away and there being basically a linear solution through a shadowy maze gets boring after about 2-3 hours of gameplay. it's definitely a party game or a game you play with multiple people in the room, turn down the lights, get under some blankets and get chased by creepy shouting mutants.

part of these games selling point is having that one scaredy cat friend who would never play it alone and forcing them to watch and sit through all the horrible bits where you know a scare is coming and it just builds up and the anticipation makes your palms sweat.
>>
>>18960926
>while over 1 billion muslims and their insane beliefs about killing gay people go ignored.

Except by you, oh brave one. If only our country talked about muslim beliefs and criticized them! But no, we never.....oh wait, that's all we fucking talk about all the fucking time just like you are now.
>>
>>18960926

>Arrgh what gives these writers the right to create a story about something that offends me on a personal level?!?!
>They should be writing stories that offend OTHER people, not me!!

Jesus could you be any more of a pussy? Grow a pair, it's just a fucking game.
>>
I loved it. The religious cult theme was quite interesting in my opinion, but Outlast and the dlc were a bit more scarier.
>>
File: 3567643542312435t.jpg (74KB, 540x531px) Image search: [Google]
3567643542312435t.jpg
74KB, 540x531px
>>18960926
>video games is how most kids learn about their cultures
No they're not, kids learn about their culture by fucking living in it, you mong. The rest of your post isn't entirely wrong, tho. Uncharted 3 used the Middle East's history and its culture pretty well, I think, if you're interested.
>>
>>18959563
The gameplay is definitely refined. Not only does it utilize its spooks better, but your hud is pretty innovative. I get a kick out of looking down at your pockets to see how many batteries and bandages you have. And I like that you can go back and review your footage in a way, something I wanted to do in the first game. And that microphone thing your camera does is a really nice addition to gameplay.
By the way, does using your mic drain your battery the same way nightvision does?
>>
>>18960926
>video games is how most kids learn about other cultures. wtf is your mental handicap?

I don't know, but you are revealing yours.

>>18960938
Lol I don't really care about all that. That's the point. It's got nothing to do with the quality of Outlast, or why it didn't sell more, or about it being fedora core edgy.

Functionally, if it weren't for your tired agenda, your arguments are essentially: we shouldn't put ghosts in horror games cause they're not real.
>>
>>18960926
>It's OK when I stereotype muslims but I cry like a bitch when people do the exact same to Christians

Yeah, that's a common hypocrisy.
>>
Worth the 30 dabloons
>>
>>18961105
Not him but kill yourself Muslim lover
>>
>>18959563
Frankly, it disappointed me. Especially the instant death parts. When you are running from that lickytungy thing at the school there are two options: make it perfectly the first time, or die instantly and try again. These trial and error parts just obliterated any amount of tension that the game had at that point.

I liked that they gave the camera an actual purpose. I didn't like that you had to use it 24/7. The game is pretty, but the saturated use of the night vision did not let me see the game.

Also, the only way to fully understand the story is by finding all the papers.

That is my opinion
6.5/10
>>
>>18960753
Does it hurt being so mad? Sure looks awful.
>>
File: 1493717520882.jpg (20KB, 496x496px) Image search: [Google]
1493717520882.jpg
20KB, 496x496px
>>18960728
>The choice to attack Christianity was precisely because it offends people in the west.

Also because Christians don't chop your fucking heads off and bomb you if you offend them.
>>
>>18960908
>infidel is literally just the Arabic word for atheist

Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>18959563
Fun gameplay, basically everything that was good with the first one returns in the first one.
I personally loved the lore in this one, and while the ending confused me, I can wait to look more into it, and see if I can't find those pages that were missed in the playthrough I watched.

So yeah, good experience. If you liked the 1st one, you'll love this one.
>>
File: 1365829531311.png (327KB, 495x498px) Image search: [Google]
1365829531311.png
327KB, 495x498px
>>18960908
>it is literally just the Arabic word for Athiest. so by wearing that they are saying they don't believe in a god either

You should stop listening to whoever told you this bullshit. "Infidel" means you don't follow/believe in a specific religion. You can use the term in reference to Islam or Christianity or any other religion, but it is only popularly used by Muslims, so when a person says the word "infidel" the common definition is "one who does not follow Islam". It does not mean atheist.

Also, the origin of the word is French/Latin. It's not Arabic.

You fucking retard.
>>
>>18960692
That was awful.
>>
>>18960704
Are you saying that shadowy government agencies running mind control experiments is more believable in the bombed out middle east than in the west where there are documented cases of shadowy government agencies running mind control experiment's (see MKUltra)?
>>
>>18960692
I thought the movie Jeruzalem did some interesting things. As well the movie Under the Shadow - I mean in it one of the "what the fuck" moments was when the woman fleeing from the creature in hew home flees it and is picked up by the police due to not wearing head covering.
>>
>>18963435
Jeruzalem was actually pretty cool. I just wish they had a bigger budget to work with, some of the effects were Asylum tier.
And I wonder why Jerusalem Syndrome isn't discussed more on /x/. That shit's interesting.
>>
>>18963170

Its Latin:

In- (as in INcorrect) fide (belief, believing)
Literally a non believer.

You are right papi
>>
>>18960873
>there is certainly not any conflict in europe involving protestants and catholics hating each other.

Youre a silly narrowminded individual, if you cant take criticism of your life get off the internet.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.