[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone else realized how terrible it is to be conscious?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1492060274275.png (140KB, 600x636px) Image search: [Google]
1492060274275.png
140KB, 600x636px
Has anyone else realized how terrible it is to be conscious? I could be floating around in the most luxurious paradise in the most enlightened state imaginable and I think it would still be horrible because the mere possibility of the contingency that it might just arbitrarily slip away and I would be subject to the most unspeakable horror. Ever since I was a child I felt deep seated anxiety about the nature of consciousness and I have always prayed for oblivion. Is it just me?
>>
>>18959080
I don't want oblivion but I know what you mean. I truly believe the Adam and Eve story of Eden is a metaphor for our conciousness being awakened against the will of God. It's not that he wanted dumb slaves like the gnostics believe, I just think we were not ready. Perhaps if we'd eaten the tree of life first, (whatever that means) then maybe the tree of the knowledge of the difference between good and evil wouldn't have resulted in this tragedy of being aware of sin and decay and death, and life and hope and eternity, but not being in a position to change anything.
>>
>>18959346
Yeah I don't understand the gnostics (though I am gnostic in my own rite, just not a duelist who believes in every piece of crap paper supposedly dug up from the middle east). As a crude analogy, lets say you have a Lego set and you're playing with your Lego men and then some other asshole kid who knows dark magick comes along (though you apparently made him too but we wont get into that) and he brings your lego men to life and they run from your hands and start doing things and building things you find vile and disgusting and you allow for it until probation can countenance no more. Let me ask (especially gnostic idiots who are grateful for their individuality), who is the asshole in this situation?
>>
>>18959346
I tend to think of the knowledge of good and evil as including all knowledge. In fact if you replace good and evil with wisdom (knowledge realizing God's intent) and intellect (self gratifying knowledge) then you have the whole picture.
>>
>>18959080
I feel the same as you in the sense of wanting oblivion, however, I more so just want it for myself. It's not my place to deal out judgement of death to every human being on the planet. As for the consciousness thing, I believe there is more to it than what we experience here on this plane, however that's just my beliefs, and we would be delving into a whole new subject talking about that. I believe that consciousness is what you make of it, and the viewpoint given to you from the individual you inhabit. You aren't really you. You're just inside of that body until you learn the lessons this universe was meant to teach you.
>>
>>18959080
"ever since I was a child I have been schizophrenic"

FTFY OP
>>
>>18959451
I've never had a hallucination in my life whether drug induced or otherwise.
>>
>>18959406
I agree. Whatever this self awareness/conscience thing is, wouldn't we be happier and less deserving of punishment if it was gone? Even if our animal natures were the same? I think living a good life and rejecting our base appetites for the sake of not harming others is good, but it is much harder than a carefree life of a non awakened creature.
>>
>>18959410
Right. The tree of knowledge of the difference between good and evil is a metaphor. Wisdom is the ability to tell the difference between things. So wisdom is the key. But why is the serpent associated with wisdom, yet considered evil? I'm sure it is true, but what is really going on? What did Adam and Eve do to awaken their intellect? Did we do so too? But if not, why are we burdened with the same effects? I really don't know, and don't know where to look.
>>
>>18959666
>But why is the serpent associated with wisdom, yet considered evil

He says while rolling satanic trips. Associated by what sort of people's approbation? Gee I wonder
>>
>>18959756
I had to look up approbation lol.
It's the same people telling you the story in the first place. They are clearly trying to warn people that the veneration of the spark of intellect (and the one who bestowed it) is dangerous and was integral to the very beginning of human suffering. If you dismiss this part of the story, why believe other parts?
>>
>>18959080
All realities are dreams not really a big deal. When you get it the horror is entertaining too.
>>18959436
Yeah this level of existence is lame, all you can do is try to enjoy it.
>>
>>18959777
I mean I suppose without the fall there would be no good to measure the bad against so the serpent as arbitrator in the whole incident can be seen as the bearer of both wisdom and intellect. But I doubt whatever mystery schools you are referencing think of wisdom as being more than self-edification and "muh enlightenment".
>>
>>18959888
All of them, knowledge goes against true knowledge, what's above it's below.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.